2.6
MyDogToy
MyDogToy Tuffies

MyDogToy Tuffies

2.6

Pros

• Colorful (3)

Cons

• Not durable (4)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Long-time pet owner (5)

The only product that has survived!

We have 3 dogs in our household.  1 German Shepherd, 1 Lab, 1 Lab/Pit mix.  Needless to say, we've been through a great deal of toys.  Even Kongs are snacks in our household.

What makes Tuffies different are a few things.

1. They don't have stuffing.  They are layered, so if the dog gets through 1 layer, there are others to get through.

2. They are fun.  They provide the softness that many dogs like, without the choking or blockage hazards that we don't.

3. They are designed to be difficult for the dog to get a good grip on.

Most people that did not have a tuffy survive, did not get the right one.  Keep in mind that a large dog should have the largest toys.  The toy should look way too big for the dog, it's part of the design.

We have at 4 tuffy toys that have survived 2 years.  We simply wash them with the dog beds.  I recommend these toys to anyone that has a tough chewer, just remember to get the right size.  If you're in doubt, visit the manufacturers website to learn more about choosing the correct product for your dog.

I'm posting a con as 'pricey' but, I will only say it's pricey the first time.  If you've been through every type of toy like I have, it's scary to drop that amount of money to try another that you feel may just be ripped up.  But believe me, it's worth it in the long run! The product is, by far, THE most durable dog toy we've ever purchased.  WELL worth the money!

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE bought the Red bone toy that has is pictured in the ad with the Rott. We have a 6 month old Rottweiler, he loved the toy. We had it for a whole 5 minutes before he had the edging ripped off one corner and stuffing falling out of it. We duct taped it and kept throwing, then less than 5 minutes later he had the other end ripped open. I believe this toy was around $10 for less than 10 minutes of usage. We did not leave him unattended. After the 10 minutes we gave up and he had the whole thing shredded in 20!

Worst toys

from Seattle,wa

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Colorful

Cons

• Breaks Easily
  • Choking Hazard

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

Bought the iguana looking one and lasted a week. Stuffing gone in two days.

Just spent $50 on two toys thinking she really enjoyed the first. She destroyed the hammerhead in 5 minutes. N Allie the alligator 10 minutes.

Waste of money!

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from Fenton, MI

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Colorful
    • Dog Likes It

Cons

• Breaks Easily

Not a good toy!

from Ontario, Canada

Pros

Cons

• Breaks Easily

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

My lab completely destroyed this toy in about 20 minutes. We even bought the yellow bone that was rated a 9 on the toughness scale which is very disappointing as we spent quite a bit of money on this toy!

Not tough at all

from Bakersfield Ca

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
          • Fun

Cons

• Easily tore apart

• Active Dogs
          • Larger Dogs
          • Outdoors

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

We have a 1 year old yellow lab. He destroys every chew toy he gets in less than an hour. I saw the "toughest dog toy", read the package statement and thought it might last him a day or more before he has it tore open and the stuffing all over the floor. He had it tore open and removed most of the stuffing in less than an hour.

Fire Alien & $30 Gone within 30 minutes.

from Sydney, Australia

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Colorful

Cons

• Breaks Easily

• Indoors
          • Smaller Dogs

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

My 18 months old Pointer started to chew a hole in the Alien's rear end within the first 10 minutes of her having the toy yesterday. We removed the toy from her and gave it back to her tonight. Within 20 minutes and us looking away for 5 minutes she had the toys stuffing coming out of the Aliens head. We have purchased dog toys for $25, which is $10 less than this Alien toy and they have lasted a lot longer than this new Tuff toy. We're Very Disappointed.

Most are tough

from Spofford, NH

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

Let's see.  We have Allie the Alligator, The Large Octopus, Larry Lobster, Ray Ray the Sting Ray, Allie the Alligator has held up best over 6 months now.  Larry Lobster only took 20 minutes to bleed to death ...however, we think there was a disorder with him...or our labs lol.

MyDogToy Tuffies live up to their name

from Denver, CO

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

It's hard to find a dog toy that lasts for a while in my household.  Our dogs love to seek and destroy squeakers, stuffing, and seams.  We were pleasantly surprised by the MyDogToy Tuffies line.  These are extremely well made, sewn very well, and come in a lot of different styles and "species."  Tuffies even have a "tuffness" rating tag that goes all the way up to 10 (most toys seem to range from 7 to 10).  This can help you choose an appropriate level for your dog.  In addition to huge footballs (10) and rings, there also smaller toys like cubes andbone shapes that would be good for small dogs.  Some of the toys have squeakers.  They are all made with a nice fabric that is somewhat hard for a dog to sink it's teeth into, although not completely indestructible if you have a determined chewer.  I particularly like some of the toys with arms and legs (octopus, alien) that give my does something to grab and toss around.  So far, I've had some of the 8 rated tuffies for a couple of years, with no discernable wear.

The only product that has survived!

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

What makes Tuffies different are a few things.

3. They are designed to be difficult for the dog to get a good grip on.

Tuffies aren't tough if your dog is determined

from Shirley, MA

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

I tried Tuffies because my dog destroys all toys.  He is a 55 lb. Shepard/Black-and-Tan Coon Hound mix, less than a year old but no longer teething.  He finds a spot in the stitching and systematically destroys all stuffed toys, no matter how good they are supposed to be - these included.  ;-(

Tuffys- one of the few to survive

from Kingston, PA

Comments about MyDogToy Tuffies:

When you have Jack Russells who delight in pulling out the innards of every toy that comes into the house, toy buying can be tough.  It's not that I don't enjoy watching them having their fun, but my wallet wishes the toys would last longer than a half an hour.  About 2 years ago, someone gave me the Tuffy Ring and it is still here intact.  My dogs still love to pull it out and play with it.  Of course, no toy is indestructible.  I bought the Tuffy The Log Jr. and that sadly did not have the same life span.

Their Tuff Scale give you the chance to pick the right toy for your dog.  In our case, the Ring which has a ranking of 9 is much better for my dogs than the Log which has a ranking of 5.