3.2
Murad

3.2

Pros

Cons

I guess this is ok but it stings a little

I think that looking your best is important, and somethimes nature plays tricks on us and gives us zits at the worst possible time and in the worst possible places so I often wonder if zits are caused by genetics or rather by our enviroment ??? But in either case when your get acne or zits you really never know what to do or who long any treatment will take but I will say that the washing of the face and applying this gel stuff helped me out with a few zits but it did sting i am not sure if this product did it alone because I like other people get a little desperate when attacking a zit and I do try many things and I try to keep at it till I get results.  I really think that this product will work for most people but,  I am like most other people in that once the zits goes away I stop using the stuff untill the next zit attacks and I think that if I would use this gel on my face more regularly, before a zit break out I think that I and most people would avoid the embarrassment and hassle of the desperate use everything at once cuz we did nothing at all before the breakout but now that we have a zit we are willing to try anything or everything. So spend your money now or later but remember it only works if you work it. :)

Murad Gentle Acne Gel- Not so gentle

My mother is a big fan of Dr. Murad, so I decided to try out the acne treatment gel. I am in my twenties and have had acne since I was a teenager. I do not have severe acne, but I would get frequent breakouts that caused scarring. I have tried proactive, been to dermatologists, have used cortisone shots, so I was willing to try this product. I am East Indian, and the scarring on my face would be both red and brown. I wanted the treatment gel to help calm the breakouts, and prevent new ones from occuring. I was not looking for a scar treatmet. Also, I have oily skin, so I did not want something that would cause my skin to be more oily, or exessivly dry it out.

I started using the whole treatment system with the facewash, gel, and mask, occassionaly. I followed the regimine daily and did the mask once a week so as to not overwhelm my skin. I like the smell of the product, not because it smelled particularly good, but because it smelled fresh and was not perfumed. The consistency of the gel was not too sticky and went on smoothly. I paid 30.00 for the gel-product which seems very overpriced for the amount you get. You do not have to use a lot of the product to cover your face, but it is still a little more than a dime. For the first few days, the product felt nice, and was easy to apply. I noticed a slight sting when I applied the gel. Over the next few days, I noticed my skin was getting dryer and around my eye area my skin was peeling, like a mild sunburn. I was not putting the gel on my actual eyelid, but rather around my eyes, so i stopped using that, and only used it on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. After about a week, my cheekbones began to turn a pinkish shade and I experienced more peeling. Also, my skin started to get very very dry. I had to use a lot of moisturizer (cetaphil, which is very light and would not interact with the Murad regimin) multiple times a day. I could not apply my make-up properly because it would flake off.

During this time I was still getting the occassional break out, and for the first week there was no difference. I stayed with the product for a full six weeks to see if my skin would get used to it, and if it would prevent breakouts. Over the next six weeks, my skin grew intensly sensitive, and I the burning senstation after washing my face and applying the gel intensified. My skin was no peeling as much, but it still turned a bright pink after putting the gel on, and it was sensitive to the touch.

My breakouts did not calm down, and instead I had more frequent breakouts with cyst-like pimples. The scars that were left behind were no longer simply pigmentation discoloration but left pit like holes in my face. After the six-weeks I discontinued this product. I would not reccoment this product to anyone. The acne gel is not gentle as advertised, and the product itself is overpriced. The customer is paying for a brand-name.

When I called the company, the customer service was very helpful, which is why I am giving them 3 stars. I did some more research on Acne and found that most people respond well to salcilic acid or benzoyl peroxide, this product ue salciclic acid, which I do not think I respond well to. I have now since been using a benzoyl peroxide wash, and a cetaphil moistureizer and my skin has greatly improved. Sadly, the Murad Acne Gel was not gentle and my skin had to recover from the use of the product.

Best product for acne

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

After a week my acne was going away. I really loved the product. I did have a little redness the first few days but it went away. Definitely recommend to teenagers or people oh have trouble with acne or just to prevent acne. It really works though and I hope I can sample more Murad products in the future.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Works well on acne

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

Let me start off by saying that this is not for long-term use. I do not recommend for someone to use this product on a daily basis for more than a week. The reason I say this is because your skin will get use to this treatment and the effects will stop working.

Thankfully, I do not break out often. However, when I spot something on my face that could be a potential pimple or acne, I pop this bad-boy out of my drawer and wash my face with it.

This gel works really well for me as the spot/acne usually disappears within 1-2 days. This bottle also might seem fairly small but it lasts a long time as all you need is a quarter size for application. I also like to use this product in the morning and at night to help the process.

One thing that must be said is to be careful when using this product as if you get it in your eye it can be very painful. Moreover, make sure to wash your hands after applying the gel because it is a treatment and medicine of some sort.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Works good in the beginning but not for long term use

from Rowland Heights, CA

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

I'm always on the lookup for great acne products so of course I had to try this when I saw the Murad commercial on television.  I ordered the product online and when I tried it for the first time, it seemed to work pretty well for me.  It cleared up my acne for about a few weeks, but then I started breaking out again.  I continued to use Murad for a few more weeks, but it didn't really clear up my acne anymore.  I think for people with more serious acne problems, this product wouldn't work for long term.  It seems like my face always reacts well to new products, but after it gets used to it, my skin is immune to the products and they no longer work.  I'm not sure if it's just me, of if that happens with other people also.  I also agree that the gel does sting my face a little when applying it but I do have a more thin layer of skin that most other people I know.  For the price, I wouldn't use it for a long time, especially when it only helps me minimally.

smileee

from Havre De Grace, MD

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

I have had acne since I was a teenager. I still have it, and I'm 31. If I consistently use this, it pretty much takes care of all my acne. I am not an extreme case, but I average about five or six noticeable pimples on any given day. This reduces them down to a minimally noticeable two or three.

from Miami Beach, FL

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

**Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel is an amazing product. My mother bought it for me years ago and I still use it. Although my dermatologist said I should switch to the adult acne formula because this one is too drying, since my skin is older now, it still works wonders on breakouts. Unlike Proactiv, the product doesn't stink- it actually has a really nice lemon scent to it so you feel like it's pampering your skin and not some other acne medicine. It's actually a pleasure to use, not a chore. The gel works instantly, and you can feel it working, deep down to your pores. If you have an active zit or pimple, it might sting or burn a little, but in the morning it will be gone or at least greatly reduced in size. I love using the gel because there is no question it is working, and it doesn't leave a residue or some greasy film after. Just don't use it under makeup or it will be obvious. It tends to leave a gel like crust and it is noticeable under foundation. If you must use it in the morning, just wash it off before putting on makeup.**

DIDNT clear my acne but made my skin feel soft

from New York, NY

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

I have been using this product previous to me finding out the beautiful benefits I reeked in from Panoxyl. When I was using this murad treatment it didnt help clear up my acne one bit! So unfortunately I am not won over by this product. However, it did make my skin feel amazingly soft after consistant use.

However, I have to admit that being just about the only benefit from this product. They should change the name from Murad Gentle "ACNE" treatment gel, to Murad Gentle Skin Softening treatment.

Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel!! Amazing Stuff

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

I went through a period of time where I was trying everything and nothing would work!! I started with proavtive for a few years then finally got fed up with the price and the overstock of pre-ording the stuff. I switched to murad and it did say that you would break out for the first few weeks. I did, and it seemed to change the type of acne that I was receiving from small pimples to more cyst like ones. I got very discouraged but finished the gel first, then finished up the rest of the line I bought. (the 60 day package I believe it was?) At the end, my face started clearing up again. I am not sure if the whole murad line is for me but the acnt treatment gel is a must have for when you need some extra fighting power during the day or if you start to feel a pimple coming on, you can put a dab on there and it will help speed up the healing process! I reccomend trying this out!  I actually think murad is one of the more affordable lines out there as well...

horrible

from Diamond Bar, CA

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

I do not know if it was just my skin, but this product was a complete disaster. I bought it because I had heard that it was good for acne control and breakouts, but a couple of days right after I bought it, I started getting more and more pimples. The instructions are not exactly rocket science so I am sure I did not do anything wrong, but it just did not work for my skin. I switched to a different treatment after the first breakout, to let it subside. After that, I wanted to try this product again, because it would have been such a waste to just throw it out after one use. But again, after a couple of days I started to notice pimples all over my face. I was so disappointed and angry that this product did exactly the opposite of what it said it would do. I will never buy this product again, and will never buy anything from this brand.

It also dried out my skin so my face was peeling after the few times I used it.

This Murad Gel burns my skin

from Pearland, TX

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

Murad used to run a lot of commercials on TV in the past talking about how their special treatment options are better than the already well established benzoyl peroxide creams/gels. To be completely honest, after trying a couple of their products, that claim is dead wrong.

Before I even bought this product I went to go research what kind of active ingredients were lurking inside the Murad bottles. To my surprise, their “secret ingredient” is none other than your regular run of the mill salicylic acid. I was thoroughly shocked that they would market a regular astringent as a special treatment. I had to go check it out. Maybe it was a stronger “breed” of salicylic acid.

Boy, was I dead wrong. Their salicylic acid was no more effective than your regular stuff you find at the local stores. It didn’t clear anything on my skin and, and in fact it made me breakout worse. On top of that, every time I put it on, it burnt.

I should’ve known better than to purchase this.

Love the whol Murad line.

from Oak Forest, IL

Comments about Murad Gentle Acne Treatment Gel:

Ive had adult acne now for about 5 years and have tried every prodedct out there on the market. I almost gave up until one day I went into ulta beauty store and asked them what they would reccomend and they reccomended Murad so I bouught the whole kit and will never use anyhinlg else again.