3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Really Works - Been Using for Many Years

What an amazing product.  I was VERY skeptical when I first saw it but I needed something to get rid of the blemishes on my face.  I was in the 30s at the time and periodically got major zits that were painful.  I needed to find something that would either shorten their lifespan or prevent them from bursting through in the first place.  I don't remember where I found this product but I have been using it ever since.  Now, when I feel a blemish coming - you know, that dull pain and tight skin feeling - I put a little (VERY little) dab of Murad Acne Spot Treatment on the location then I follow up with a little moisturizer (if I don't follow up with moisturized, it doesn't seem to work - I don't know why . . .).  If I can catch it early enough, the blemish does not come to the surface and disappears within a day or so.  I apply the treatment every time I wash my face and moisturize, which is morning and night.  And, you use so little of the product that this small tube lasts a very, very long time.  I would recommend this to anyone and everyone who wants to rid themselves of blemishes.

However, if you catch it too late, the blemish still erupts but, with treatment, it disappears faster than without treatment.

Murad Acne Spot Treatment not recommended for sensitive skin.

I used this product, along with the rest of Murad's acne line, for a little under a year. I was excited to have an alternative to benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, which work great for me when used in a face wash but are over drying when used as a spot treatment left on the skin. The active ingredient in Murad's Acne Spot Treatment is 3% sulfur. The directions say to use it 1 to 3 times daily. I started out using it once a day, then gradually went to three times, then decreased it again until discontinuing use. I have very sensitive skin, which is one of the reasons I decided to try Murad's acne products.

Unfortunately this product didn't impress, especially for the expensive price. The smell of the sulfur isn't the most pleasant of scents. I didn't like the texture of the product, it feels sticky and heavy. It doesn't dry clear.

It would make my skin itch, burn, and get red patches where the product was applied. It made my breakouts worse. I would dab it onto a small pimple that was just forming and it would end up swelling, getting very red, and large. This didn't happen when I chose not to use this product. I thought maybe I was having a reaction to the sulfur, except Murad's Clarifying Mask didn't cause these problems and it contains more sulfur. So I think one of the inactive ingredients in the spot treatment causes the skin irritation.

I no longer use the spot treatment, but I do still use the rest of the line- clarifying cleanser, exfoliating acne treatment gel, clarifying mask, and skin perfecting lotion. The spot treatment was the only one that caused problems, the rest of the products work great for me.

Fast Treatment for Stubborn acne!

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I have struggled with acne all of my life, and never have I found anything that helped. Most products that I have tried made my acne much worse, or they were just too harsh on my sensitive skin. I had all but given up on finding a product that worked until I heard about Murad Acne Spot Treatment at a local Store. I picked up a free sample from them so I could test it out first because I Was very skeptical after all of my previous experiences. To my surprise, I felt the difference almost immediately, and by the next day the spots were barely still noticeable! After just 3 days they were gone completely!! I went back to the store that same day to purchase it, and have been ever since!! This product is perfect for getting rid of stubborn breakouts in no time at all, and doesn't dry out your skin like other treatments! Its a bit costly, but definitely worth every penny!!

works extremely fast, with amazing results!!

• Immediacy:

Did not work as I expected it would

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I am a big fan of most of Murad's products, however this one didn't really help my acne at all. I would use it when I felt a pimple coming on and I did not see any difference in helping heal the pimple any faster than normal. I use other Murad acne cleaners and moisturizers that work really well to help control acne, but this product does not stand up the Murad name. I would not recommend buying this product, it is costly and does not work well at all. I had better luck with drug store acne spot treatments that are much more reasonable in price.

I could not see any difference in acne while using this product.

Ease of Application
This product is easy to apply direct to the affected area.

Side Effects
I did not see any side effects at all, and this product did not cause any redness or irritation.

Immediacy
This product did not help with clearing up acne any faster than normal. It did not cause my acne to dry up any faster.

wow its great

from San Diego ca

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

This is the best acne treatment I have used its really great for those painful cystic acne bumps. Since using it has worked so quickly my acne spot has decreased over night. You only need the smallest amount of product since it is a gel just a thin layer will do over any acne you have. The only problem that I have found is that it does not reduce the redness in the pimples I have. This has done nothing for any blackheads or white heads I might have only works for pimples. I use this product only at night since it makes me breakouts sensitive to the sun. Its very convenient for me to use as a spot treatment since I don't have a serious acne problem. I only get the occasional pimple every month this does a good job at healing them very quickly without leaving scarring. I can feel a little tingling when I apply this to acne it may be the active ingredient which is sulfur. If you have serious acne problem skin I would not recommend this since this spot treatment only comes with a small amount of product.

Wonderful!

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I have always been blessed with having pretty good skin. I never had acne. However, I would get the occasional pimples or blemishes At times they were rather painful and I would categorize them more as a blind pimple. I need to find a product that I could use on the first signs of the blind pimple. I had tried several products, but nothing had work. I began using the Murad facial product line. I saw that they had an acne spot treatment. On the first sign of a pimple I put just a dab on the cream on the pimple. Within 24-28 hours it worked. I was hooked! I absolutely love this product. I have recommended it to many of my friends and family members, as well as my husband. I no longer use the Murad skin line, but I do continue to use the ace spot treatment. It's a great price and you have to use very little so it lasts for a long time. It is also gentle on your skin. It does not burn or irritate in anyway. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone!

it works

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I bought this at a spa after receiving a facial. I've tried a lot of acne products and I think this product does a pretty good job of clearing up pimples if you catch them right away. It does go on clear so I was able to put make up on over top of it. I do wish it helped with scarring though

I would give it a B-

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I was satisfied with the results this product gave me but It definitely was not the best on the spot acne treatment out there. When I went shopping for a spot treatment I consulted with one of the beauty consultants. She recommended this product to me but I was not impressed. This is the first time I have ever purchased or even hear of the brand name Murad. I didn't feel like it was overly expensive but I would only recommend it to someone who does not need rapid results. I took three days for my blemish to fully disappear. The first day after using this product I actually felt like my blemish was even more red but by the second day it was mostly gone. I was really looking for a product that would do the job in 1-2 days seeing as the blemish was not large.

To be fair, it did work just not very fast.

Ease of Application
Very easy to apply!

Convenience
This product is available at many places and would be easy to travel with.

Side Effects
The second day my blemish was quite red. It could have just been the infection working its way out but that was kind of terrible.

Immediacy
Three days

• Immediacy:

This stuff is a miracle worker!

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I really love this stuff! A small amount goes a long way. I've found it reduces the size and color of blemishes over night. By day two they are almost gone. The tube it comes in provides easy application. The gel is a light color and dries quickly, so you can wear it under makeup if you wanted.

• Immediacy:

Using this for years and WORKS!

from Ridgewood, NY

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

Let me begin by saying that I have tried other spot treatments that used only salicylic acid as their active ingredient, which do work, but the sulfur in this spot treatment works much better for me. I have very oily skin with large pores so I have always been extra acne-prone. I use this mainly on larger pimples (papules and pustules), acne cysts, and whiteheads and this spot treatment works on all of those. It significantly reduces the swelling and pain/tenderness overnight. And after using the spot treatment morning and night for 2-3 days, the acne will be gone or nearly gone. It's amazing how fast it works! For the acne cysts, however, it may take a little longer than 3 days to fully heal but the painful tenderness will be gone after 1-2 days.Sulfur, like other active ingredients that target acne, works by drying out the acne spot. So just a warning: if you continue to use this spot treatment on the same acne spot for more than 3 days, it will probably dry out the skin around the blemish.

• Immediacy:

Not really working for me

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I like to put it as an extra care for pimples but honestly I don't think it is worth the price. I only use it because I get them a lot with samples while buying other products but I wouldn't spend money on this product. May be if you have occasional spot, you can use it. But if you have regular acne, you probably use the whole line anyway, so I'd rather buy another toner for that money.
The base is salicylic acid, same as in all other products of their blue line, just a bigger percentage. So other products like acne treatment gel with 1% would work just fine.
Again, if you have occasional spots and don't want to buy the whole bottle, this little one is just fine.

• Immediacy:

Murad Acne Spot Treatment not as good as expected.

from Lizella, GA

Comments about Murad Acne Spot Treatment:

I have very bad acne. I have tried just about everything, some products have helped and some have not. Murad was recommended to me by a friend who had used it and she loved it. However, the acne spot treatment did not work as well for me. I treated my blemishes with the Murad every night for a full week. By the end of the week the spots had gotten some what better, but it didn't seem like they had cleared up that much faster than if I had not treated them with anything. I was definitely disappointed especially because I thought the product was fairly expensive and I did not get the results that I was led to believe I would get. I personally would not recommend this product to another person, but don't forget it was suggested to me by my friend who still uses it and still loves it.