3.7

Murad Acne Cleanser

3.7

Pros

Cons

murad acne body cleanser fixes the problem!

Murad acne cleanser for your body will fix any acne or breakout concerns you have. In the summer when the temps are so high i would get breakouts on my shoulders and my back where my bra rubbed against my skin. Of course facial cleansers didnt work,so i tried several differant body washes that were supposedly formulated for  your back. None of them did much except over dry my skin causing it to peel & itch. Murads acne body cleanser began clearing my porblem areas within 48 hours. Its simple to use just wash with it in the shower on your breakout prone areas and rinse. After just one week of use my current breakout was gone! I continue to use it daily in the shower and now I am no longer having breakouts. One again I can feel comfortable in tank tops and off the shoulder tops this summer! Although murad is a more expensive brand for body acne care it is well worth it. Plus a little goes a long way-even over a larger area. The full size tube lasts me about 6-8 weeks in the summer, and over 2 months in the winter! Once you consider that it really is'nt any more expensive than what you buy at the drugstore. I have recommended this to several people 7 teenagers and all who tried it had great results!

Is this stuff working?

I have been using Murad's Acne cleanser for a couple of months now, but I don't really see any major changes in my skin or complexion -- for better or worse. This product was recommended to me when I bought my Mia sonic brush, but I soon discovered that I was getting MORE pimples instead of less. Once I stopped using the facial brush, most of the pimples went away, although I do still occasionally have an outbreak, even while using the cleanser daily. I don't think it works any better than a less expensive product like Cetaphil.

Some of my "monthly" acne (breakouts along my jawline) has abated, but I still get an occasional pimple, and while the duration is not as long (it clears up a little quicker), I am disappointed to still get them. As a teen, I had fairly clear skin, and would go for months without any pimples at all, so I was hoping a product like this would have better results for me.

Ease of Application
You squirt some out, lather it up, and smooth it over your face before rinsing. I have used it with a facial brush and with clean washcloths, but they seem to just make my breakouts worse, so I have just been using my hands and water.

Convenience
I have to buy it at a specialty store, which is a bit of an inconvenience sometimes.

Is this stuff working?

from Omaha, NE

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

Did not help my acne

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

I had tried Murad Acne Cleanser because my friend had recommended it to me. My skin is usually normal with occasional breakouts, however since I started a new medication my breakouts have been a lot worse. The Murad Acne Cleanser was a big disappointment. It was very expensive and it did not improve my acne at all. The cleanser was actually very harsh on my skin and caused it to dry out very quickly.

I saw no improvements in my skin while I was using the Murad Acne Cleanser. The cleanser did not help improve the acne I had. It also did not prevent me from getting breakouts.

Ease of Application
It was very easy to apply.

Convenience
The Murad Acne Cleanser was not convenient at all! I could not find it in any local stores and had to purchase it online. It was also very expensive.

Side Effects
The Murad Acne Cleanser really dried out my skin.

Immediacy
I used the cleanser for four weeks, and I saw no improvements in my acne at all.

• Ease of Application:
  • Convenience:
  • Side Effects:
  • Immediacy:

MUD MASKKKK

from Davis, CA

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

I used this product over the course of 2 months and let me tell you the results are amazinggggg!!! It is very refresdhing to use and you need to be really patient. I apply the cleanser on evenly on my face twice a week and I make sure to space out the days between my applications. I let it sit for half an hour and after that I wash it off gently using splashes of warm water and just like that...my face looks refreshed and new. The Murad cleanser is nice in that it has a thick consistency and its texture is also smooth at the same time. It helps a lot with my oily T zone and reduces the oil production on my face apparently. It isnt too harsh on my skin and drying unlike other products that are out there which have straight up peeled my face terribly. As long as Murad keeps manufactuing this cleanser out. I will continue to buy it and support them towards their goal of clear skin!! At elast I hope that is their goal LOL

Murad Acne Cleanser review

from Corpus Christi, TX

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

I used the whole line of Murad products and absolutely loved them.  There are many items to choose from in this line but if I could have only one it would be this one because I think it all by itself was good enough to reduce my blemishes.  I don't like to spend much money on skin care products but this one is a good investment for your skin.  I think it does what it says it's going to do and i didn't find it too abrasive or harsh for my skin.  I noticed a significant difference on how my skin looked before I used it, while I was using it and then again after I stopped using it because I ran out.  I don't think it was a coincidence that my blemishes returned around the time I ran out of the product.  I will probably re-purchase again.  It's not oily or greasy or have a bad smell.  I wish there was more of it in the container though.  I like this product better than the other products on the market that I've tried.  Give it a try and see what you think.

Murad Acne Cleanser Works!

from Indian Trail, NC

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

It really is insulting to get into your thirties and still be battling acne.  Mine is hormone-related and I've been fighting with my complexion since puberty.  In desperation I went for a facial to help treat the acne and the esthetician used the Murad acne products line.  Afterwards my skin felt so soft and smooth that I picked up the products on the spot.  The cleanser has a nice smell and lather to it.  I always rub it in a bit - maybe thirty seconds or so to really kill the bacteria.  It leaves my skin feeling soft and non-greasy.  I did experience a bit of drying at first but that resolved after several days.  The cleanser works well on it's own but really shines when used in conjunction with the acne spot treatment, clarifying toner and skin perfecting lotion.  These products combined completely cleared up my acne.  Also, a little bit of this product goes a long way!  After a week of use I started have people ask me what kind of makeup I used.  I hadn't changed my makeup at all - it was that my skin looked that fantastic!

Leaves my skin feeling soft but clean

from Santa Rosa, CA

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

I am thirty years old and still gets breakouts.I can't use the acne cleansers you can buy at the drugstore/supermarket/big box store because they dry my skin out and make me break out even more. One of the few cleansers I've been able to use that hasn't done that is the Murad brand. It might be expensive, but I'll gladly pay the price for a product that leaves my skin feeling soft, and clear. I have a lot less breakouts now, when I use the cleanser on a daily basis, and feel less like a teenager with pimples all over my skin.

It's so embarrassing to walk around with blemishes, knowing your thirty and should be over that by now. When I use Murad I have less of those moments, and feel more like the professional I am. It justs seems like people don't take me as serious when I have to use makeup to cover my bad skin.

I would also suggest buying the acne lotions and spot treatment as well. They're also great.

love the way my skin feels

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

Well, I've never had the best skin.  Ever since junior high there always seems to be some sort of an issue with my skin.  Once I hit my 30's I thought maybe things would get better and they did, but not until I started using Murad facial products.  I had tried other over the counter stuff and other acne treatments, but they were too harse on my skin so they actually made my face break out more.  Murad is really nice on my skin and between the cleanser and moisturizer my skin looks and feels great.  I just use it twice a day and after about a week or so my skin already started ti look and feel better.  I never leftmy house without wearing foundation to cover up omperfections but since I started using Murad clarifying cleanser my face has cleared up considerably and now I rarely use foundation anymore which in the long run has made me much more confident.  Before I was always self conscious about my skin, but not anymore.

Murad Rocks!!!!!

good for your money

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

Having ultra sensisitive skin and acne. It was more expensive than I would have liked, but I quickly realized a tube of this will last about 3 months. A small pea sized amount foams up to more than enough, so beware! In about a week and a half I noticed a complete turnaround in my skin. The blemish I had when I bought the cleanser cleared up and my entire face felt soft and smooth. I actually went an entire month without even one blemish. I have usually have pretty persistent moderate acne. I have oily/dry skin, that's also sensitive, and this product has been fabulous. I use it in combination with the on the spot cream and sometimes the gel. When I use it regularly I have a clean and clear face. I also exfoliate 3 times a week, Exfoliating your skin along with using a nice cleanser will really improve not only the immediate look of your skin, but will keep it looking young and healthy as you age.Love this product

Very drying

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

I tried this acne cleanser for about 2 months and the only thing that is did for my skin was dry it out.  I was very disappointed with this product. I had tried Proactiv prior to using Murad, and I think that it worked better than Murad for the time period that Proactiv was actually effective for me.  The only two products that ended up helping my skin was Differin Gel and Clyndamycin which was prescribed by my dermatologist.

I did, however, like the Sulfur Spot Treatment from the Murad brand. Sulfur really helps to kill bacteria fast and can zap zits gently and quickly.  But, the Clarifying Cleanser was too harsh for my skin and did not prevent acne.  I think it may have even made it worse because it stripped my skin of essential oils.  I find that if a product is too harsh and leaves my skin extremly dry, it can actually cause my skin to produce more oil and lead to more acne.

Murad Clarifying Cleanser was definitely not a match for me.  It may work for others, but for me and my type of acne, which was a lot of cystic, under the skin zits, it was not effective.

Murad's Clarifying Cleanser is effective and refreshing.

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Murad Acne Cleanser:

I've had mild problems with acne in my T-zone during my HS years but this cleanser was quite effective in reducing acne.  The scent is nice and I like the tingling sensation.  The only downsides are that it sometimes makes my skin dry and is rather pricey.