3.3

Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer

3.3

Pros

Cons

Warmed the wipes well, but dried out fast.

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

I received the Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer as a baby shower present for my second child. Previously, we had a different wipe warmer, and while it was good it ended up not heating the wipes up properly after a few months of use. During the time which we used this wipe warmer, we always had warm wipes, and even the wipes at the top were only slightly less warm than the wipes at the bottom. The Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer is easy to use, and the design is great. Wipes can easily be pulled from this container without any issues, or ripping. I really like that this wipe warmer has a bit of green coloring to it, because it makes it pop and looks a lot better than the standard, boring plain wipe container. It has lasted us over two years now without any issues, and yes, it has been dropped a few times. My only issue with this wipe warmer is that the moisture pads dry out very quickly and had to replenish them every single day, even after I bought a new insert.

I like this warmer

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

This wipe warmer was at the top of my wish list for my baby shower registry. I am happy to report that I did receive one and I am so glad that I did. It is definitely a must have item for every new mother. There is nothing better than knowing you are cleaning your baby with warm wipes instead of cold ones. Night time diaper changes are so much easier with warm wipes.

This machine is very durable. Nothing has ever broken or malfunctioned. I have had my unit in constant use for fourteen months without one single issue.

This wipe warmer performs very well. All you have to do is insert a stack of wipes into the unit and add about 1/4 cup of water and close the lid. Secure the latch and allow the unit to warm your wipes. My only complaint is that the wipe at the top of the unit always seems to dry out. However the wipe underneath it is always moist. Some of my wipes get wasted but it is not a huge issue.

This Munchkin Standard wipe warmer smells pretty good. I have a very sensitive nose and I appreciate that this wipe warmer does not have much of a fragrance.

Good product for price.

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

I recently purchased this wipes warmer for my second son. We use cloth diapers and I wanted a wipes warmer that would work with our cloth wipes. The Munchkin wipes warmer is nice and big and holds two stacks of our flannel cloth wipes. The Munchkin wipes warmer works like it should, but my only complaint is that it does not keep the wipes very warm. The heat quickly escapes through the wipes pull opening resulting in slightly warm wipes. To fix this, I altered the wipes warmer by placing black electrical tape over the wipes pull opening. Now the wipes warmer works fantastic! I keep the wipes warmer on our bathroom counter and the light on the wipes warmer offers a nice glow nightlight, which if you don't like it you can turn it off with the button. The power cord also can come apart so that you don't have to carry the whole thing to the sink to refill. This is a nice feature since we kept the wipes warmer near the crib for about a month.

Has held up. Good construction. Easy to clean.

Wish wipes stayed warmer without altering product.

Product doesn't have a scent.

The Munchkin Wipe Warmer was just OK.

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

First of all I want to let you know that I really don't see the point of a wipe warmer. I think many times its one of those things you put on the registry of your first child just to find out you don't really use it or need it. Saying that this was just an ok product for me. I mean it did what it was supposed to do. It did warm the wipes. But the wipes would get stuck in it a lot of times and that would mean some messes to clean up after a dirty diaper. Sometimes I felt the wipes would get a little too hot and I wasn't sure if I should use them or not on my son. I had this product for a about a week and took it back to the store. Half because I thought it wasn't a neccesary product and half because it was kind of a pain to use. Bottom line, if you want a wipe warmer you might want to look else where. This is a three star product at best.

Save Your Money for Necessities, Like Diapers

from Newnan, GA

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

My mother-in-law bought us the **Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer** after she heard some other grandmas bragging about their spoiled grandchildren's warmly-wiped tushies. So we plugged it in and tried it for a while, but my husband and I both hated it, and our baby seemed indifferent. Now we use it like a nice wipe container (we don't even plug it in any more). Here's why

- It's pretty awful about drying out wipes quickly. Yes, you can add water, but this makes the top few wipes really wet and completely useless. It eventually just costs more time for maintenance. This can get frustrating, especially since this is an item made for convenience.

- It has a little nightlight on it (advertised to help you see the wipes in the dark), but this feature is pretty much useless. You can still barely see the wipes, and you're definitely not going to be able to use this to see your baby where you should be wiping.

- As my husband pointed out, if you're ever away from home and need to change your baby's diaper, this won't be there for you to use. So why get your baby used to having warm wipes, only to have her scream when you're changing your diaper elsewhere?

It just doesn't make sense to me. I love Munchkin, but this product was a miss.

Dries the wipes out

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

Just by the concept of it I thought it was an excellent product and I was anticipating its best use during the winter months. However this product really disappointed me. The product is sized ok not too big or small. It has a small opening on top where you pull out the wipes and a bigger opening where you refill the wipes. It has a nightlight feature that I like and is really quite with no buzz or humm.However the worst part is that it dries off all the wipes that are kept in it. I tried to spray the wipes with little water, keeping them with the plastic cover and opening just little bit on top to extract the wipes but nothing helps. You will notice that after just a week the wipes are so dry that you won't be able to wipe off anything with it. Also it pools the water right at the bottom of the last wipe for some reason. The wipes come out warm from the warmer but by the time they touch baby's skin it is back to room temperature. So actually the purpose of the product is not met. I really do not think this product is worth the money.

A wounderful thing to have for baby

from Red Oak, TX

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

This is a good thing to have when you ahve a baby. It is not an item that you must have but it certainly does help you out. I say that it is not a must have since you can still have a clean happy baby without this but when it is winter and in the middle of the night, my son is greatful to not have mommy wipe him with a cold diaper wipe. It reduces the shock and therefore he does not start screaming and wake himself up more then he has to. This wipe warmer does a great job. It has the wipes warm right when I want them to be warm. They are just the right temperature. Not too cool and not too hot. It is very easy to load the diaper wipes and get them out. I do recomend only getting the refills that are for a dispenser that they continuosly pop out. If you get the kind that the wipes are not conected to eachother you have to lift up the top of the wipe warmer each time. This is a good product. i would say to get this product but maybe after you get all the things that you NEED.

Perfect product for your little one's spoiled tush!

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

This is definitely one of "those" products that I would never buy on my own.  I'm too practical and, well, cheap.  But, it's perfect for Grandma to buy!  We really love it.  I never had anything like this with my first daughter when she was a newborn, but have used it since I became pregnant with my second and got this gift a little early.  It keeps the wipes pleasantly warm, unless you have it too full.  Then I would say it might even be a little too warm.  For use on such a delicate area, you don't want to have it be too hot!  If you aren't going to be home using these all day long, you may have trouble with the wipes staying wet enough.  The heat can dry them out a bit, but all you need to do then is add a little water and let it soak back in.  They will still work just as well.  We've only had to do that a few times when we were gone for a weekend or something.  And it's more likely to happen when there aren't many wipes left.  Additionally, this unit has a nice little light on it that my daughter loves to turn on and off.  I'm not sure I'd use it as a night light or whatever, but it's a plus nonetheless.

Huge Waste of Money-- Don't buy this item

from Spring Hill, TN

Comments about Munchkin Standard Wipe Warmer:

As a first time mother, I found myself buying everything under the sun for my son, this wipe warmer included. It was a waste of money!! We have used it probably two times because it is USELESS and horrible. I was at first very excited about this item, I stocked it full of Pampers wipes and plugged it in. It is advertised on the box that it keeps the wipes moist, warm and will not dry them out at all... This is absolutely false.. I opened the wipe warmer to find condensation all over the lid and completely dried out wipes! They were warm, but dry and useless. It looks very nice and the lighting on it is nice, however the product itself was horrible. I would not recommend this product to anyone. In fact, wipe warmers in general I find useless. If you want to waste money on this product and the excess baby wipes you will need from throwing dry ones out all the time, then this is the product for you. If you want to spend the money where it will be needed, then skip this item.