3.7
Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup

Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup

3.7

Mighty Grip Trainer Cup is not completly spill proof

My mother in law got one of these cups a few months ago for my son, who is now 20months old.  If we are going on a trip we usually use the Munchkin MIghty Grip Trainer Cup, the handles worked well for him when we first got it, and he was still getting used to a sippy cup.  Although I have learned that this cup is not exactly spill proof.  The silicone nipple/spout doesn't leak if you hold it upside down, but my son who likes to sometimes dump things out, realized real quickly that if he pushed in on part of the silicone top/ spout the edges it could come loose, and make an opening.  Then he could easilly dump out his drink all over the place.  He also sometimes will squeeze the mouthpiece to get his drink to squirt out.  I do like that it is BPA free.  The design overall is allright, the handles are good for a younger child who still has trouble holding on to a cup, the top is designed so that it can not be turned over and dumped out.  The only flaw I see is that the silicone part does not stay is place tightly enough, as it is not held on by the lid, so it is easy to push out of place and be spilled all over.

The Mighty Grip has it's limits

We own about half a dozen of these Munchkin Might Grip cups. When we first got them, they were used constantly, but as my babies turned into toddlers, we'd had to start phasing them out. Not only can they easily open the cups, they can (and do) chew through the silicone top. Naturally, that makes for a HUGE mess that mommy is left cleaning up. It also poses a choking hazard.

Now, to play devils advocate, they're great for kids that are first learning how to drink from a sippy cup and can even be used until the age of two. At that point, it's really time to do away with them and move on to a hard top sippy cup of somet kind.

Cleaning kind stinks with these. If you don't wash them immediately, the drink hardens insid the silicine and it's near impossible to get it out (allowing mold to grow). They're not terrible but not my first choice.

Awesome Trainers Cup!

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

This is a great cup! I gave it to my daughter and she took to it wonderfully. She used it on a daily basis until she started to chew the soft spout. We then switched her to a hard spout cup. This Munchkin brand cup comes in some cute color combos and we bought my daughter three of them. She loved her cup! Thanks for such a great product! I'm so glad that we didn't have to buy cups over and over until my daughter liked one!

A trainer cup for your munchkin

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

For my daughter we ended up buying new cups as she was a fussy thing when it came to drinking. One of her first cups we tried was the Munchkin Mighty Grip Trainer Cup. This one was very helpful in getting her to drink more milk and also transition to a cup.

The Mighty Grips trainer is a 8oz cup though it doesn't seem overwhelming in size. The cup has indents with ridges which makes it easier for little hands to hold on. What makes this a trainer is the handles, which are attached to the lid of the cup. These move all in one piece so there's no matching up the pieces. The handles are nice and large so baby can grab easily. The spout/nipple of the cup is made from silicone yet is sturdy. The valve that makes the cup spill proof is in the spout, so there are no additional pieces to worry about. The one problem with that placement though is it is chewed out after a while.

The cup is fairly easy to wash as I would usually put it in the dishwasher on the top rack. The spout needs to be taken out so nothing grows underneath. Once it is clean, the spout can be difficult to line up properly though.

My daughter enjoyed the Munchkin Trainer for quite a while. She finally grew into using other more grown up cups instead.

The Munchkin Mighty Grip Cup is nice, but wears quickly.

from Wheeling, IL

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

We bought this cup when our 3-year old was a baby and had a love-hate relationship with it. In the beginning we loved it because our daughter had a hard time transitioning from the breast to the cup and the soft spout did seem to help with that transition. If you are having the same issue, I definitely recommend this cup! The only problem we had was as my daughter got older (and smarter), she actually ripped a whole in the spout just by sticking her finger through it. This made all the juice/whatever liquid was inside spill out everytime she'd tip it or turn it the wrong way. It became very close to a regular cup and spilled very easily, which meant we had to transition again to other sippy cups with harder spouts. If your son/daughter isn't having any trouble drinking from a hard-spouted sippy cup, I wouldn't buy this one as it's just not worth it. Only buy if they are having a hard time.

The Mighty Grip has it's limits

from Palmyra, VA

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

A great no-spill cup for babies to learn on!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

Munchkin Mighty Grip Trainer Cup is a great trainer cup for babies and toddlers. It really is no spill,but occasionally my son will push the sippy part on his high chair and drink will come out. But he is able to throw it down and no mess. It's been easy for him to hold and grip also. When you wash it make sure that the rubbery clear plastic top part is put it good in the lid, because if it's not in good your toddler make get it loose and there will be drink everywhere. This cup was very easy for him to drink out of. He figured out almost immediately when I gave it to him. the drink doesn't just come out. He kind of has to suck on it. It doesn't seem like it getting him far enough from the bottle, so I got him a second cup now that's also no-spill. It has a straw and requires no sucking. The Munchkin Mighty Grip Trainer Cup is definitely good for what it says. It's good for training the kids to go to regular drinking cup.

spill proof and does the job

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

When I first went to the store to buy a sippy cup for my son who had never even used a bottle, I had a friend with me and she suggested I try this munchkin no spill trainer sippy cup. She said that her daughter used it and that she had good success with her transitioning to a sippy cup by starting with this trainer sippy. It is very simple and basic, that is why I like it. It has two handles for the baby to hold, and the nipple is spill proof. The liquid can only exit by a sucking motion from baby. The nipple is very soft which is great for teething babies, and it really is spill proof! I have given it a good shake around and even carried it in my diaper bag and havent had any problems with it leaking anywhere. It is also very inexpensive, so even if your baby does not take to it, you are not out a lot of money for an expensive sippy cup. I would highly recommend this trainer sippy cup for a baby starting out.

Munchkin Mighty Grip is great!

from Rocklin, CA

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

I am a nanny for a just turned 8 month old boy. We just started using this Munchkin Might Grip Trainer cup for him for juice. He has taken to it very well. He has to suck still to get the liquid to come out. He like holding the handles of the cup and "doing it himself". I really like that the cup does not leak so we don't have drips everywhere! This is an affordable cup and comes in some bright fun colors for baby. I think it is a great transition cup between the bottle and other sippy cups. It cleans up nicely in hot soapy water and rinses off well with no lingering smells in the plastic cup. We have not put it in the dishwasher but I think it would do fine. It seems like a very sturdy, durable cup. The only negative thing I see in using it and it may just me me! It is a little bit difficult to get the lid tightened onto the cup just right. I always feel like I'm putting a puzzle toether and not sure if I got it just right. Love the cup though!

Not too happy with this cup

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

I have not really liked the Munchkin trainer cup.  The cup is flimsy and does not seem to be made well.  The lid is difficult to get on and I am never sure if I actually have it on.  The cup seems easy enough for the baby to hold, but it is always such a pain getting it prepared for the baby.  It also bugs me that the cup is flimsy and feels weak.  It sort of feels like a plastic water bottle.  The Munchkin cup is top rack dishwasher safe, easy to clean and BPA free.  There are not very many parts, yet I have a hard time getting the lid on right.  I do not think it was very expensive and that is what feels like. The spout is soft and comfortable for the baby though.  Maybe I should give it a few more tries, but I will probably put this sippy cup to the side and use ones that are easier to put together and do not feel so weak.  I do like other Munchkin products, so I was disappointed they do not make a better baby cup.

Munchkin Trainer is a great first cup

from Sahuarita, AZ

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

We're trying to transition our 12 month old from the bottle to the sippy cup, and we’ve had to try about 5 or 6 different types.  She really likes the Learning Curve Soft Spout cup, but she doesn’t seem to mind this one either.  I think she prefers these over the other types we’ve tried because they have the doftest spouts.  This one has the handles which the other doesn’t.  I’m not sure she’s quite grasped the concept of them yet, but I think they’ll definitely come in handy later when she’s a full fledged cup user.  I like this cup because it doesn't have one of those stupid spouts in it.  It does leak a bit, but at this point in time, I have to deal with the leaking to get through the training process.  The cup itself is sturdy and easy to clean, although the handles come close to the cup at the bottom, so it can be awkward to screw the cap on and off.  You have to hold the cup from underneath to do so, which isn’t really a big deal.  This is, overall, a great starter cup.

We love this sippy cup!

from Holly Ridge, NC

Comments about Munchkin Mighty Grip 8 oz. Trainer Cup:

We had a hard time finding a sippy cup for our son, but once we found these, they were instantly our favorite.

What I love... They are super easy to put together!  Some are such a pain to get the nipple in the top, but these are very simple.  Also, they are dishwasher safe, so they can be washed quick and easily.  Also, the handles are great for our 14 month old son.  He can easily carry it around and tip it up to drink.  He does get confused on which way is the front sometimes, but otherwise, the handles are great.

Downfalls, once the cup is less than half full, our son has a hard time getting any water out of it.  I wish there was a way to make it easier for kids to get the bottom half of liquid out without tipping it up so high.  This happens with most sippy cups though.

It is pretty leakproof.  I let my son carry it around without fears of a big spill.  However, it isn't completely leakproof.  Our son like to toss it around and swing it around, and it does leak some fluid.

Overall, a great sippy cup!