3.5
Munchkin
Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer

Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer

3.5

The best invention for wipes

When my daughter was born I, like everyone else, used wipes straight from the wipes container.  She was born Nov 26.  I used to notice that she would react when I took the wipes straight from the container to her butt.  The wipes were cold and being in the house with the heat on did not make a difference.  My husband used to tell me that I have to do something with the wipes because he did not like how she reacted to the cold wipes.  I decided to keep a container under her change table so that I could put the wipes in it along with some warm water. When I was finished I would drain the container and replace it under the change table.  Honestly sometimes I forget to use the container with warm water and inadvertently use the cold wipes. I would only remember when I see her reaction.  I finally got fed up and said that I could not be the only person having this problem and there has to be product out there that warms the wipes.  I started my search and to my delight found the wipe warmer.  My daughter did not have a reaction anymore, my husband was happy and I did not have to try to remember to fill the container with warm water.  The Wipe warmer kept the wipes warm.  It was quick and easy to use.  I do agree that after a while the warmer dries out the wipes but it depends on how long you have them in there not being used. That negative was not detrimental enough to discourage me from buying it.  I now have a son 3 year old and he inherited the warm wipes and he loved it. The wipes were not burning hot, they were luke warm and the warmer was mild enough to the touch. It is harmless and will not burn the baby or toddler. I would suggest that all moms get this product.  Just remember that the baby has feelings just like us and if it feels cold to us then how do you think the baby would feel.

Wipes dry no matter what

The munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer is a great product idea that lacks in the follow through. I bought this with the thought that it would be nice to have warm wipes rather than cold ones, especially in the winter. I even bought the deluxe with the water reservoir thinking this would help prevent the wipes from drying out. However, no matter what I do the wipes always dry out. I can put water in there daily...even though it doesn't actually use that much water and they still get dry.  Not to mention the fact the the wipes on the bottom always seem to get burnt like. They turn yellow and are crusty. I've even tried flipping the wipes over every few days so that the same ones don't stay on the bottom. And this doesn't even work.  The only way I can prevent the wipes that I put in here from drying out is to actually sprinkle water directly onto the wipes.

munchkin deluxe wipe warmer a flop

from Brush, CO

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

I undoubtedly such as this product. I utilised it for my very first child and could probably be by using it once more for my next. When I started out by using it I noticed how the last number of wipes would get dried out. So when i'd placed new wipes while in the wipe warmer i'd placed while in the amount of sheets of wet cardstock towel and now none of my wipes get dried out. i'd endorse this process to any fellow or woman with youngsters in diapers!The process is fantastic that it warms the wipes up for the baby, however the last wipes while in the wrap up regularly dried out out. not only one or a few of like 10 or so. So obtained I considered that preceding to acquiring the deluxe an person that statements not to enable wipes dried out out I could have skipped this product.

Great for cloth wipes!

from Bishop, GA

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

We use our Munchkin wipe warmer for cloth wipes and it is wonderful. I just use a bunch of baby wipes, wet them with a solution made of water, baby wash, baby lotion and tea tree oil, and stick them all right in the warmer. But the time we're ready to use them, they're warm and soft and very soothing for the baby. This makes it possible and reasonable to use cloth wipes. I love that it keeps them the perfect temperate, has NEVER made them too hot, even on the bottom. The indicator light on the front is very helpful for those middle-of-the-night or early-morning changes. I just use the little red light as a nightlight and don't even have to turn on the overhead light. Highly recommended, just wish it was a little bit bigger.

Great wipe warmer!

from Warren, MI

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

I know that plenty of people believe these wipe warmers are an unnecessary purchase, a waste of money. I can not disagree more! I have been using this warmer for our second baby and love it With my first child i had the Prince Lionheart warmer. I wanted to try a different warmer for this baby. The first one burnt up the last few wipes of a package of wipes because it got so hot. The Munchkin brand has a warmer on the top of the interior lid as well as the bottom warmer. This results in more even warming and does not burn the wipes at all. It was gross, I had to add water everytime i put a new pack in as well as wipe out the brown residue on the bottom of the warmer. I don't even have to add water to the Munchkin, even though the directions say it helps, it is not needed. Oh, I like the night light too! Nice touch and great warmer over all! This will be one of my new go-to shower gifts. I know I wish I had had one of these for my younger children.

Dry wipes don't work

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

Being a first time mom and going into the store to register, I was overwhelmed at what it took to raise a baby. The only thing I knew that I wanted was a wipe warmer. Who wants cold wipes on the bum in the middle of winter? If I were a baby, I would scream at diaper changes too. I remember being so excited when I got it as a baby shower gift and getting it all set up. It was in the closet within the first week of baby being home. Big waste.

First of all, having to keep it pluged in is not convienient. Someone was always tripping over the cord. Then you have the water that should keep the wipes warm, and despite always making sure that it was filled, I still had dry wipes. I think I would have been slightly more happy is my dry wipes were at least warm, but they weren't. The lid never stayed closed with a simple touch - we spent more time fighting with the lid than the diaper change itself.

Bottom line - don't watse your money. My son doesn't seem to mind the non warmed wipes.

The best wipes warmer on the market

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

My husband and I got the Munchkin No More Dry Wipes wipes warmer because of advice someone gave us before my son was born.  Our friends advised us that a warmer was definitely part of the top ten essentials necessary for a new baby. After my son was born, as new parents tend to be, we were sort of disorganised, and we misplaced the warmer.  We had to wing it for about a month and a half before we found it.  Once we did, oh wow....what a difference!  My son stopped fussing during each diaper change.  Truly, this is a must for a happy baby.  This particular warmer only uses a small blue, water-filled receptacle with a moistened foam sponge to keep the wipes warm and moist.  This is unlike other warmers that require costly moistened pads that must be replaced ever so often.  Recently, I awoke to a broken warmer, so I contacted Munchkin's customer relations department.  I got a super nice lady named Amanda, who helped me get a replacement unit.  All I had to do was send my old one in.  They even sent me a set of their feeding spoons, a gel filled teether, and bath duck for our trouble.  So in regards to this product, I'd give them 5 stars for a great product that is well thought out and the best customer service I have ever dealt with in my life!  I would definitely reccomend this product to anyone!

Never Thought I Would Use This... I Was SO Wrong!

from Naples, FL

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

I always heard a wipe warmer is one of those "non-necessities" and so I never thought about purchasing one. I was given this warmer as a shower gift, and I am SO thankful! Otherwise I would never have owned one! Our baby is 5 months old now, and the warmer has been plugged in almost 24 hours a day every day, with NO problems whatsoever. Because the warmer warms wipes from the top down, the wipes stay moist and the one you are using (the one on top) is the warmest. I also love the feature of the light on the front, which allows you to change your baby without turning the room light on and disturbing them in the middle of the night. I also have no problems dispensing the wipes from the top. I have used many different brands of wipes in this warmer (Huggies, Pampers, Nature Babycare, Up & Up, Seventh Generation, etc) and they all perform equally well. I love, love, LOVE this warmer, and will never think of NOT using it! Highly recommended!

Was nice for newborn, but not necessary.

from Mount Juliet, TN

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

I received this as a gift at my baby shower. I thought that things like this were pretty frivolous so did not think that it would be that great. It was nice to have warm and moist wipes for our newborn child. This was very helpful at night when you try to keep them semi awake, but not startle them with a freezing cold wipe in the middle of the night. Some people may mention that it dries wipes out, but I never had that issue. I would just pour about a half cup of water over the wipes when I put them in and they would stay moist until we ran out. The light on the wipe warmer was also good for those late night diaper changes. It was bright enough to see that I was actually putting the diaper on straight, but didn't blind me or the baby. It was the perfect "night light"  for our babies room. The container can hold a full pack of wipes, and maybe more. It is a nice gift but I would not say it is a required purchase for new moms.

useless junk.

from Grimesland, NC

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

Maybe it's ok if you are at home all the time, turn the wipes frequently, or have multiples.  But for me it was a waste of money and space.  The wipes dried out and browned on the bottom.  Before the baby was a month old, this one in the good will pile.

My little guy loves those warm wipes!

from San Tan Valley, AZ

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

I had this wipes warmer for my now two year old daughter, however we never used it.  Now, with my newborn son, I diligently use the changing table (which I again didn't use when my daughter was little) so I have the wipes warmer set up there where it's easy to access.  I haven't had problems with dry wipes after adding water, however it was only warming the wipes intermittently.  I contacted Munchkin (who has awesome customer service) and after emailing a picture of my product, they sent me out a new one which has worked absolutely fabulously!!!  My little guy screams if I'm changing him downstairs where I only have cold wipes, but he doesn't fuss at all when a warm wipe is used.  Like many baby items out there, it isn't a necessity, but it sure is nice to have!!

Not a necessity

from Waco, TX

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Wipe Warmer:

I've been using this warmer for almost a year now and I think it works great! As long as you keep the water with the tray full you should have no problems. The wipes are never dry.

I only have two complaints...one, you really don't need to have a wipe warmer. It's nice to get as a gift but I probably wouldn't spend my money on it. And two, would probably be that the last wipes usually turn brown, they look kind of burnt. So you really have to be sure to refill the container before it gets really low.

You could also try pouring a little water in the bottom before filling with wipes. This seems to work pretty well to.

Overall, I'd say I'm glad I have this product, but I'm not sure I'd go out and buy it specifically. I would probably buy it as a baby shower gift though just so the momma to be. The wipes DO stay warm which makes for a happier toddler!

Just keep the reservoir full and the container full and you're good to go!