Other Misc. Babies:
Munchkin
Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket

Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket

Dishwasher Baskets are a necessity for cleaning baby bottles

I registered for the **Munchkin Dishwasher Baskets**, which came in a set of two, because I am using [Dr. Brown Baby Bottles][1] and they have a lot of small parts.  The dishwasher baskets have slots for the bottles nipples at the top, then plenty of room for all the little bottle pieces on the inside.  We have 12 bottles and I can fit all the parts for 6 bottles in each basket.  The top fits 12 nipples, but I can't fit 12 bottle parts in the basket, hence the need for two baskets.  Then the bottles themselves just get placed on the top rack of the dishwasher.

These baskets make it so I don't have to worry about hand cleaning all the small parts of the bottles.  We run the dishwasher every other day right now because the baby uses about 7 bottles a day.  This was a culture change for us, since previously we rarely filled the dishwasher, however now we have just learned to use more dishes each day rather than using paper plates :)  I'd still rather run the dishwasher than handwash the bottles!  I'm extra worried about sterilization so when I handwash it takes me forever and I feel like I need to use really hot water to ensure my baby bottles are clean enough.

The only problem I have with these baskets is that they only fit in the middle section of my dishwasher's top shelf.  That means I can't really rearrange things on the top shelf to make more items fit.  At first this seemed like a pain, but now that we run the dishwasher so often it isn't really much of a concern.  We simply don't need that much space in the dishwasher anymore.

I've read complaints that the parts don't dry in the baskets - but that is because plastic things NEVER dry in a dishwasher.  I wash plastic tupperware in the top shelf of my dishwasher all the time and they never are dry when the cycle is over.  This is completely normal and there is no way around this.  We have a tray for bottle parts that we cover with a paper towel.  When we clear the dishwasher, we just place the parts on the tray and they dry by the time we need them.  Sometimes we just pull open the dishwasher and pull out the top shelf to give everything a chance to air dry.  Like I said, this is because the parts are plastic.  Plastic Bottles and parts will NEVER dry in a dishwasher even if you didn't use the baskets, so please don't blame the baskets for this problem.

Overall the Munchkin Dishwasher Baskets are used daily in our household and they are just so darn convenient.  I fill them up throughout the day and when I'm down to 1 bottle, the dishwasher is all ready to go whenever I need to run it.  The bottle parts always come out clean and ready for next use.  When my baby gets older, the dishwasher baskets can be used for other things like baby spoons and teethers and such.  Handwashing isn't the only way to go!  Check out these dishwasher baskets to clean your baby's bottles and more with ease.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Dr-Brown-8-oz-bottle-set-of-3-Baby-Bottle-review-b1e916

Would be more useful if I ran the dishwasher every day

I bought the Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher basket for my daughter who lives with me.  She has a baby girl that is now 5 months old.  I thought it would be easier to use for nipples, bottle lids, caps, etc.  The bottom section of the basket holds all of the various pieces to her bottles (her bottles have a bottom, top, nipple, cap, and a bottom rubber piece as well).  All of these pieces are a real pain to wash by hand, so I thought it would be nice to just stick them in the basket and run them in the dishwasher.  The top section is supposed to hold nipples.  From a product design perspective - the nipples don't really fit well.  The unit has spaces to place the nipples and keep them separated.  BUT - but she uses a non-standard nipple, and they are larger than the ones the unit was designed to hold.  We can usually squeeze them in there, but it means we are able to wash less than the unit was meant to hold.  Aside from that design flaw, the product itself is great.  From a practicality standpoint, however, it doesn't work for us.  I don't run the dishwasher but once or twice a week.  By that time, she has had to pull out the basket and wash all the pieces by hand anyway.  Who can afford to keep a ton of bottles (not just money but space).  It's a great thought, but not very practical for our household.  If you do run the dishwasher daily, however, then it's a terrific product and right for you!

magra

from Algeria

About Me Parent of Multiples (Twins etc)

Pros

• Compact

Cons

• Snacks

Good

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

i love my dishwashing baskets!

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

First off, munchkin is a great brand for all things baby, so when I saw this I knew it would be something I just had to have. I have twin girls at five months old and they create more dishes than my husband and i, I swear. The basket makes things so easy to dry and even store. I actually have four of them. Two stay down by the sink and I put two up in the cabinet to store the bottle nipples so they don't get dirty. I love it. Sometimes when I don't feel like washing the dishes by hand and use my dishwasher, I fill the basket and throw the whole thing in the dishwasher. It works great. The top is just big enough to hold all the plastic pieces that hold the nipple on and the bottom compartment holds plenty of nipples! Its so easy to snap open and closes with ease, yet when I drop it on the floor it doesn't fly open to make a mess for me to clean up. I drop them at least twice a day and not once has one broke, so they're pretty durable. My girls even bang them on the floor when they get ahold of them, and not even a scratch has appeared!

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THIS?!

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

This product is such an innovative product and so useful that I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. My dishwasher has the built-in lids on the utensils carrier, but I never feel great about putting my daughter's bottle parts in there. I just feel like they get a better cleaner, clean when I put them in my Munchkin Delux Dishwasher basket. I do appreciate the size because I can put it just about anywhere in my dishwasher, but I wish it were just a little bit bigger. I love how I can just throw anything from a binky to a bottle nipple in this basket and know that it is going to get a good steam clean without getting lost or having to touch any of the other disgusting things in the dishwasher. I am happy that we got this for our baby shower and will be buying one for all of my friends that have babies on the way! This product is also so inexpensive for what it is and I would have purchased this myself had we not received it as a gift!

Useful tool; sanitze in dishwasher

from Saugus, MA

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

So useful....use every day. Honestly use the nipple holder/container most often...and use the baskets for storage. You can sanitize right in your dishwasher. I use on the bottom basket where my dishwasher pressure is strongest. Very useful.product.

The Munchkin deluxe dishwasher basket is helpful to have

from Sherborn, MA

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

The munchkin deluxe dishwasher basket is a great value. I like the design of it and it is very simple to use. I specifically purchased it to keep pieces of various sippy cups from ending up all over the dishwasher. We have a lot of straw sippy cups and I particularly like that this basket has a place to keep the straws. The items get very clean and I like having everything in one place. My two year old son likes this basket too and helps me put the items in. I would recommend this product to other parents looking for a dishwasher basket for small items.

Munchkin DW Basket great for trapping little parts

from Greer, SC

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

Although bottles aren't my primary method of feeding my babies, I certainly had occasions for using bottles when I was away for home. To feel that they were sanitized without boiling them, I typically washed the bottles in the dishwasher as it saved me time (not having to individually wash the bottle, valve, nipple, ring, and valve holder) and reaches higher temperatures. The Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket safely contains all the little parts and prevents them from falling down into the heating element. There is an upper "deck" that works well with the nipples and valves, and the lid that closes on it has appropriate sized openings for them to stick out. This feature gave me more confidence that they were being thoroughly cleaned as they were practically pinned in place. I found the spacing of the openings were a little too close for the parts of my Born Free bottles to fit well and still close the lid.

Good concept, but not always practical...

from Warren, OH

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

I had heard these dishwasher baskets were an absolute lifesaver, and made sure I had one on hand when I had my son. But to be honest, it did not impress me as much as I had heard people rave about them. I never could figure out how to get 8 bottle nipples in the lid portion, and the main basket also took work to put the other bottle lid & bottom pieces in. I used it a few times, but was not impressed with the quality of cleanliness in the dishwasher, which could be partly my dishwasher, but I haven't had those problems with anything else I run through it. I felt like it did not get the bottle nipples clean (left them foggy) and the lids would maintain water, which still involved me drying them. All in all, by the time I would figure out the ways to get them all in there, wait for the dishwasher to be done, and hand dry it all, it did not save me any time, and definitely added stress versus removing it. So I just went back to handwashing, which really doesn't take long, especially if you use the Munchkin bottle brush.

Dishwasher Baskets are a necessity for cleaning baby bottles

from Metro Detroit, MI

Perfect dishwasher basket

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

We love the Munchkin dishwasher basket.  This basket is a great idea that makes washing bottles, baby plastic spoons, cups, etc a lot easier.  Most of our baby products are dishwasher safe, but top rack only.  All the small items would fall to the bottom of our dishwasher if it were not for the Munchkin dishwasher basket.  It is so easy to use and has a separate compartment for spoons.  There is also a section where you can snap in the bottle nipple and hold it into place in the basket.  The Munchkin dishwasher baskets come in lots of cute colors.  We have a coral colored basket.  I have seen two different sizes as well.  It is so easy to use and makes our life a lot easier.  The Munchkin basket usually snaps easily into place and fits into our dishwasher.  The Munchkin dishwasher basket has never given us any trouble.  The basket is also really inexpensive and will last.  We are happy to have our dishwasher basket.

munchkin deluxe dishwasher basket is a must-have

from Greer, SC

Comments about Munchkin Deluxe Dishwasher Basket:

What a great invention! This dishwasher basket is truly a must-have for any mom that uses bottles. The basket is so convenient and fits perfectly in the dishwasher. Now you don't have to worry about hand washing all the bits and pieces of your baby's bottle. My daughter uses the Dr. Brown's bottles and with all the pieces those bottles have this little basket is a huge time-saver! The little flaps on the sides that have holes in them are supposed to be used for straws, but the little vacuum inside the Dr. Brown's bottles fit great in there too. Also, this basket doesn't have to just be used for bottles. We have put teethers, rattles, spoons, and other non-cloth toys of our daughter's in it. The basket allows anything put into it to be sanitized without the time-consuming work of boiling bottle pieces or hand-washing them.

Also, it is a really inexpensive investment and ours even came with a free munchkin spoon!