3.1
Discount Websites
Mr. Rebates

Mr. Rebates

3.1

Get your free money here!!!

I stmbled upon Mr. Rebates after seeing a news report while sitting in a hotel room.  I never realized that such things existed.  Now I realize that there are more, but, since I initially signed up here, I see no need to change.

Basically, how this works is that when you are in the mood to do a little online shopping, go to Mr. Rebates, find the store you are looking for and click the link.  I did all of this year's Christmas shopping online and all but 2 stores I needed were on here and offered some kind of rebate.  Yes, that's right, free money.  After you sign up for a free account (which comes with a $2.50 bonus) you are good to go.  Rebates I saw ranged from 1% to 30%.  Some of them even had bonus rebates.  So, you place your order just like you normally would, and, after verification, they credit the % back rebate to your account.  After you have amassed $25, you can request payment via check or PayPal.  I am still waiting for final verification on my orders before I can request payment, but I am thinking that will work out just fine.

What more could you ask for?  I mean, I am constantly shopping online anyway, and now I can get money back for doing it.  And, I don't know about you, but I would rather get the cash than some type of points or other reward that some sites offer.  Another plus is that there are coupon codes offered for a lot of the site on here.  And, unlike some sites that just offer coupon codes, all of these that I tried actually worked.  Of course,I had my own coupon code I got in the mail for another site, and I was able to use that just fine and still get credit for the rebate.

If you do ANY online shopping, you really need to sign up at Mr. Rebates.  You would be silly not too.  Oh, and make sure that you tell your friends as well.  You will get a small % of all the rebates earned by everyone you refer.  ITs not a huge amount, but it can certainly add up.  Plus, its money you get for pretty much doing nothing.

they don't credit my account for purchases

I agree that there is some scamming going on. I hadnt checked my account for a couple of months, so when I looked most of my purchases were NOT credited. They only give you an on-line option to file a complaint and require you to copy and paste the sales receipt. I have no idea how to do that so I just switched over to Ebates. The rebates are less but at least I know that I will get them.

Don't bother unless you enjoy frustration

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

They don't payout on all entitled rebates; communication with them is nearly impossible, can only be done online, and they don't always respond. My last rebate was supposed to be from Sears on a $200 purchase. I have emailed them 4 times. No response whatsoever. Not the first time this has happened

Customer Service
If there were a zero here, I would be checking that.

• Product Selection:
  • Product Pricing:
  • Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Another great way to earn while shopping online

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

I love to shop online! I'd rather browse online than in the mall anyday. I love that so many store offer free or discounted shipping so I can have most things delivered to my door. But the thing I really love is earning a little cash back for doing so. I've used a few different sites for cash back or to earn point but I recently signed up for Mr. Rebates and have been earning steadily. The two main things I like about this site are the huge number of participating stores they offer and the fact that I earn cash not points that I have to convert to some type of reward. The cash comes very quickly unlike the site I was using before. And as I mentioned before they have lots of stores on their list. So far every store I've wanted to shop online with has been on Mr. Rebates. Now of course there is a drawback, you have to make sure to shop online through the Mr. Rebates site but that will become a habit the more you use it.

Mr. Rebates is just okay

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

Mr. Rebates is yet another one of those cash back sites that offer you a check just for first clicking through Mr. Rebates before going to whatever web site you were looking for. You get a certain percentage back from your purchase in a check every few months. What I don't like most about Mr. Rebates is that their web site is very hard to look at. There is so much text everywhere and different colors all on the page that it really is actually hard on the eyes. It is a very messy web site to look at and seems very confusing at first. They offer very high rebate percentages especially during the holidays, but so do the other sites such as Ebates and Shop at Home, so I would much rather just shop through one of them. They do offer you a $5 registration bonus which seems nice, especially since you do only need $10 in rewards to cash out your check. With other sites it is higher. So I would just recommend seeing which site you like the best and going with that one. It will take you longer to reach each site's threshold if you shop at all the different cash back sites.

One of my favorite cashback sites.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

Mr. rebates is one of my favorite cashback sites. I'm surprised they don't have a picture for this posting. Is it not popular enough? They seem to track my cash backs better than some of the other sites. They seem to have comparable cash back percentages. Most of my transactions are automatically posted. It does take a long time for the cashbacks to go from pending to completed, but that is expected given that they need time to ensure that you are not going to return your product that you purchased. On the few occasions that my cashback did not go through I contacted their customer service and they were able to manually adjust my cashback. I had to wait again, but was glad that I will be receiving my money. They also have a click summary which I really like. I dont think this feature is available in all the cashback websites. Basically it lets you know that you clicked the link through Mr. Rebates and will help when claiming cashback rebates as proof.

Great way to earn a little off your online purchases

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

For those that don't know, the deal is you log onto Mr Rebates, you find the store or item you are interested in purchasing online, you click through their link, and earn a percentage back that goes into your Mr Rebates account.

The Good: You earn a percent back for items you were planning to buy online anyway. I have gotten both checks and paypal transfers. Both a super fast and have not had an issue with either payment method. So I suggest to do whichever you are most comfortable with.

The Bad: A lot of the retailers that I use no longer offered a percent back on Mr Rebates - i.e. ebay, Amazon.com, 6pm.com, etc. This is a bit disappointing but how can you complain about something that was free in the first place? Another let down is that about one fourth of my rebates don't post. What this means is that you usually have to wait 30 days before you can submit your claim. I usually have to make a note somewhere so that i remember to submit my claim 30 days after ordering. I assume most people just forget and forgo that rebate. Once the claim is submitted your account is usually credited within 24 hours. Quick turn around, but why did I have to do it in the first place since I was logged in and clicked through the given link? Minor inconvenience but again it's free so can't complain too much.

They WILL rip you off on big purchases. Rebates NOT HONORED.

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

This website isn't a total scam, but they WILL indeed rip you off on some cash back transactions, especially expensive purchases. I ordered a $50 hard drive from TigerDirect, and did receive my 7% off cash back. HOWEVER, I made an expensive $350 dollar videocard purchase a few days later, and MrRebates NEVER credited me for this purchase! I had to wait a 30 waiting period to file a complain, and then wait several weeks for their reply. They DENIED my cash back on this expensive purchase, and it was on completely fraudulent grounds.

MrRebates claimed that they couldn't give me my cash back because I used another cashback site called "ShopforDeals" to complete my expensive purchase at TigerDirect. The problem is that this supposed "ShopforDeals" website DOES NOT EXIST.

Here is an excerpt from the email they sent me, denying my cashback:

"Thank you for your patience in the claim below.

"Unfortunately, TIGER DIRECT has denied payment of the commission to Mr. Rebates on the order referenced below with the following reason:

"The order was credited to another website and not Mr. Rebates. (ShopforDeals)"

I assume that MrRebates purposely denies some cash back transactions, making up lies and excuses to not give you your cashback, because they want to keep some of the cashback themselves. In my 10+ years of using FatWallet and Ebates, I have NEVER been denied cash back that I deserve. Yet, I use MrRebates for a month, and I already get denied about $15 of cash back that I deserve, with no basis except their word (i.e., lies). Avoid this site like the plague for big purchases, and stick with more reputable sites like Fatwallet or Ebates instead.

Scammers

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

They RARELY credited my account. I frequently had to send them support requests to get credit. Now, they've said they won't credit me anymore. I'm SURE they're getting their kickback from the sites I buy from, which means they are SCAMMERS!

A reliable cash back site

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

I have used several cash back sites and I found this one to be the most reliable. I have been getting my cash backs and the tracking tickets are store for a long time (not like some other cash back site that they only store it for 3 months), it's important to me because I like to book hotel through cash back site and I often book it months in advance. Their customer service is good - they are very good at handling missing cash back claims. I use it even though I can get more cash back from other sites.

CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT FREE MONEY

from Blue Grass, VA

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

I HAVE USED BOTH MR REBATES AND EBATES FOR YEARS. SWITCH BACK AND FORTH DEPENDING ON DISCOUNT RATES AND COUPONS. I WAS SKEPTICAL AT FIRST BUT UNLIKE OTHER SERVICES THEY DIDN'T REQUIRE MY BANKING OR CREDIT CARD INFO. THEY JUST ASKED FOR MY ADDRESS. OF THE TWO I WILL SAY AT LEAST MR REBATES HAS A PRODUCT SEARCH BOX EVEN IF IT ISN'T THE GREATEST BUT HEY ITS WORTH A LITTLE WORK. OVER THE YEARS I'VE GOTTEN THOUSANDS YES THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BACK BY USING THESE TWO SITES TO BUY THINGS AT STORES I WAS GOING TO BUY FROM ANYWAY! BIG THUMBS UP FOR BOTH.

SCAM. They will payback couple bucks, but dont expect more

from Woodbridge, VA

Comments about Mr. Rebates:

Purchased hi dollar item via there clink through followed up many time with their rep and never got credit just excuses that they are looking into this. Use Ebates.com like other reviewer suggested, don't get scammed like me by their high payback rates that they will never give to you.