Other Space Heaters:
Mr. Heater
F232000

Summary

The MH9B little buddy is a 4,000-9,000-BTU portable, indoor safe radiant heater. A single 4,000 heat setting delivers sufficient radiant heat for a space up to 200-square-feet. Safety features include a tip over switch that will shut the heater off if it gets knocked over and a low oxygen sensor that shuts the heater off when oxygen levels in the room get too low. The pilot design will also shut the heater off completely if the pilot light goes out. Heater uses a knob for ignition and a separate single button acts as a kill switch. Clean burning and nearly 100-percent efficient. CSA approved and factory tested with a one year warranty. Tank not included. (not intended for use in California. See item F232025).

Pros

Cons

Awesome Heater

Comments about Mr. Heater MH9BX Buddy 4,000-9,000-BTU Indoor-Safe Portable Radiant Heater HET32000:

We bought this last November. We thought about using this for camping, but found a more important use for it a few weeks later.

Last December, we lost power during an ice storm here in Texas. This heater was a life saver. No power = No heat. It was 18 degrees highs! We quickly ran out of the small propane bottles, but our neighbor loaned us a "propane tree" so we could use our large propane container with this heater.

This heater performed great. I couldn't have asked for anything better under the circumstances. We blocked off all the rooms but our living room, and at one point, I was actually a little too warm.

I'm not very mechanically inclined, and generally leave the hooking up stuff to my husband, but I was able to hook up the propane bottle and turn it on.

This is a very sturdy unit. I can see this lasting for years to come.

It is a good looking unit. It looks more heavy duty.

Safety
I'm not sure heaters can be 100% safe. I think you have to take care where you place it, what you place around it, and make sure you have ventilation in the room. I'm giving it a 10, but it is as safe as the user makes it.

• Safety:

This is a very efficient little heater.

This little heater is very efficient. I use it in my RV when the weather gets below 40 degrees. It will raise the temperature in the camper to at least 55 degrees, which I find very comfortable. Easy to use, one propane cylinder will last for 6 hours when the unit is set on low. This unit has a low oxygen shut off valve, which I find reassuring.

Wisconsin Winters Must Have

from Stevens Point, WI

Purchased this for outdoor heat in an ice shanty. There was no other brand even investigated as we knew what we wanted and got what we expected. Easy to ignite, easy to change out propane tanks and in our portable shanty I trusted it with my children on a very cold Wisconsin day of ice fishing. I love that I can trust this brand and they've taken carbon monoxide detection as well as accidental tip overs into consideration when designing it. It is the brand all our friends have purchased and no one has given any poor feedback of its operation. Propane consumption has depended on the weather outside, but even below zero where you have the Mr. Heater roaring, we were out on the ice for several hours between tank changes. They also included a converter if you wanted to use a larger tank (companies rarely include anything anymore) and that says a lot of the manufacturer to provide that. I also believe that we will use this if we are camping in the spring or fall as our pop up isn't very efficient and with 3 young children they just want to get warm before snuggling up to sleep. Very impressed with how quickly it warms up our portable units!

Quick to heat and kudos for the safety measures

Easy tank changing and low consumption

Fell into some slush, minutes later the electronic ignition still lit 'er up!

Small unit, lots of heat

Safety
Really took the factors it would be used in when designing the safety features