Other Coffee Makers:
Mr. Coffee
BVMC KG5 001
Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer
Rca_2013_normal

Summary

The Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Brewer features Keurig Brewed Technology for coffee house quality at home. Choose from a variety of over 200 K-Cup Packs from coffee and tea to hot cocoa. The 24-ounce removable reservoir holds multiple cups of water before refilling. The Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Brewer features a serving size selector that allows you to choose between two cup sizes. The drip tray can be removed to accommodate larger cups or travel mugs so you can take your coffee to go. Making a fresh, hot cup of coffee, tea, or hot cocoa is easy with the Mr. Coffee Single Serve Coffee Brewer. Simply fill the reservoir, place your desired K-Cup into the holder, choose your cup size, press the brew now and in a few minutes you will enjoy a delicious beverage.

Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Durable (5)
  • Fast (5)
  • Stylish (4)

Cons

• Limited cup sizes (3)

• Everyday (6)
  • Home (4)
  • Short trips / weekends (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (3)

Had this alittle over a year and still love it

Bought this over a year ago and have only had one issue.After researching the internet I found that my reservoir wasnt pushed down all the way. Only thing I wish was the coffee to be alittle cheaper special when you have 4 people drinking from it. I did buy a reusable filter which has been great. This machine works just as well as a fancy one. I had a sample in the store from one of the fancy ones and they taste the same to me. I see the price has dropped from a year ago. Its worth the price. Im glad I bought this.

Brew Performance
Brews great you have two sizes. Stronger for the small size.

There really is no cleaning other then the pull out tray and wiping exterior. All easy

Simple and if you dont have enough water light will flash so you know.Add water put your k cup in push your size press start and wait. And its not that long of a wait.

Love my color red and black

So far it is one solid running machine

don't waste your money and spend a little more for the real deal

I have been looking for a single serve coffee maker for some time and had tried several Keurig machines at others houses and loved how easy and tasty the coffee was but could never afford one of my own. I was browsing the store and found this less expensive alternative that still had the Keurig name attached to it so I decided to purchase it with money I received for Christmas. I chose this over the real thing because the cheapest Keurig I could find was priced at 111 and this was only 88. I took it home and immediately tested it out with one of the K-cups that came in the package. I was pleased that it was fully assembled and all I had to do was plug it in the wall and begin brewing. I was happy that a cup was made in less than 2 minutes. This is slightly longer than a real keurig machine but it was still quick and perfect when all I needed was 1 cup. What I drank though was incredibly disappointing. The coffee was very watered down and weak. I preceded to test out another k-cup hoping it was just the brand and yet again another watered down cup of coffee. This machine has two cup sizes a 6oz and 10 oz and no matter what size I selected the coffee was still weak yet slightly better in the smaller size. I also tested the machine using an individual filter so that I could use my own coffee rather than only buying the expensive k cups and this too turned out weak and watered down. If you like weaker coffee this machine is for you but if you're like me and like a good slightly strong cup of coffee go for a better brand. I returned the machine the next day in exchange for a coffee machine that has a carafe on one side and a side dedicated to single servings and I love it.

GREAT kitchen must have item!!

from Seven Points,TX

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

• Office

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

I 100% ABSOLUTELY love love love this coffee maker. Its just as good if not better than the more expensive makers. You can choose 6oz or 10oz and it brews SUPER fast. It's very simple and easy to use and clean. I highly recommend buying yourself one!

Not a Keurig!

from NYC Girl

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Fast
    • Stylish

Cons

• Fragile
    • Limited Cup Sizes
    • Waters Down the Taste of the Pod

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

I bought my original machine in the early part of 2012. By 2015, the unit began to hide the water. I know, how?! Well the machine would take the water for brewing, but the water would disappear into the machine never to appear in the coffee mug so desperately thirsty in the holding area. It was a fight to get the machine repaired/replaced. I had to resort to the fact that Mr. Coffee had been around longer than I've been alive and Keurig, not so long. Keurig stands behind their product more than Mr. Coffee? They then sent me a replacement. Coffee still is a bit watery at times though.

awesome coffee maker

from Taylors sc

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
    • Durable
    • Easy To Use
    • Fast
    • Stylish

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

love this machine! its so easy that my father can use it! easy to use easy to clean doesnt take up a lot of counter space! i love this machine!! there are no drawbacks

Makes it worth getting out of bed in the mornings,

from Cary, NC

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Accommodates All Cup Sizes
      • Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Fast
      • Multiple Settings
      • Stylish

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

This is a great machine, and does everything you would want it to do if you're looking for an easy & quick cup of coffee in the mornings. My habit is to use a re-loadable cup, and it fits perfectly. As for the coffee mugs, I use 3-4 different sized mugs and it accommodates all of them with ease. When I want to fill a taller tumbler, I take out the drip tray and it works perfectly. The drip tray slides out and is easy to clean - I put mine in the dishwasher (top shelf). Water tank is a decent size and easy to fill, just lift off the lid and pour in as much as you like. It has 2 size settings, so, it's basic, but perfectly simple. Makes it worth getting out of bed in the mornings.

I love this coffee maker

from Milwaukee, WI

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy To Use
        • Fast

Cons

• Limited Cup Sizes

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

I got this as a gift and I love it. It brews quickly and is easy to clean. I would recommend it especially at the price point of a little over $50.

Great little brewer!

from Spring, TX

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Durable
        • Easy To Use
        • Fast

Cons

• Hard To Clean
        • Limited Cup Sizes
        • Noisy

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

I got this single serve maker for Christmas for the purpose of making hot chocolate! I love hot chocolate and the kids do too so this was fun for all of us. It's fun to pick out what flavor you want and it brews up in just a few minutes. Now we don't have to wait cup by cup in the microwave and don't have to mess with the powder going all over the counter and spilling water. This machine does it all nicely and cleanly. It is hard to clean though so after we're done using it I leave the water lid open to air dry it. You have to remember to empty the bottom tray because water collects there pretty quickly and if you don't remember to empty it, it will overflow onto the counter. It also doesn't allow for very tall mugs. Other than that, this is a great little machine that is fun, clean and easy enough for kids to use.

Coffee making machine

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

A lot of people do not stop drinking coffee and this facilitates many Ge accelerate high-quality coffee made and taste good

Brew Performance
        There are a lot of people prefer the quick way to make coffee for the old way of about 90 billion people around the world

Easy to clean, but you need to take some time and depends on the interaction with Comes with cleaning tools and tools easy to use also

Easy to use, it works with buttons and can more than 4 cups Made in 5 minutes Where about 4 Programs Heavy coffee, sugar increase or coffee and light without milk or milk

Has been designed to be a high quality Hannah easy to carry and use and mobility . Designed of cut plastic and aluminum

Was designed by to be non-solid substances because robustness has caused muddy brew or changed by high quality and Hey brook falling from the top of the table even though the proportion of bumping endured weak

not reliable

from Wallkill, NY

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

I have had 3 machines and after less than a year they all seem to break down or go real slow, I have cleaned them as described in the book and done everything I can, they just seem to eventually stop working properly, I have contacted the manufacture a couple times and they don't seem to care they just offer a 10 or 20% discount for a new one, I think I am going to buy a different one next time.

cleaning is no problem

very easy to use when it works

love the way it looks and goes in with the kitchen décor wonderfully

still not working properly

LOVE, LOVE!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

Fantastic machine - and better than the Keurig price! The only downside is that if you want to use the reuseable filters with your own coffee, not all of them work with it. For all mugs, set for 10oz and then push the button. The resevoir only holds 24oz, so you will have to fill it after every 2 mugs. That's fine for me because then the water is always fresh. Hit the button and don't bother getting comfortable in another room, because it will be done that fast! Fresh coffee - never burned. Love it!

Brew Performance
        Consistent and always just right.

Everything you need to clean is removable (an easily reinstalled), so it couldn't be simpler. I love the little drip catcher. Take it out, give it a quick qash, and you are good to go.

Really couldn't be simpler! Put your kcup or reusable filter in, and push the button.

Not bulky and looks good on the counter - and no leftover coffee left in a pot.

My husbands is rough on appliances, and he even bought one for his office.

• Brew Performance:

Wonderful, virtually inexpensive alternative to standard Keurig

Comments about Mr. Coffee by Keurig Single-Serve Coffee Brewer:

The Mr. Coffee by Keurig provides the same quality of coffee as does the standard Keurig machine. Although it is limited to two size cups (8 and 12 oz.), it still is a great way to get that morning cup of joe on the go. I have been using it nearly everyday with little to no trouble for about six months. The only drawbacks that I have experienced is the need to change the water/refill it after every cup. The water reservoir is fairly small, and collects a lot of condensation based on it's placement on the machine being on top as opposed to the side. Great for those who want the Keurig coffee machines at a fraction of the cost!

The water reservoir is on top, so it can change the quality of the cup of the coffee (at least in my opinion), if the water is not changed between brewing. Reservoir only good for two to three cups.

Does not require much maintenance. Haven't experienced any significant problems.