Other Espresso Machines:

Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine

Pros

Cons

Consistent cup of joe

I've been using this espresso/cappuccino maker for over a year and it has been very consistent in its output for this time.  I have used a number of coffees and this machine has always produced a solid espresso in short order.  The maker comes with almost everything you need, except for a frothing carafe.  I have mostly been frothing my milk in a mug and adding the espresso to it.  Still very good, and it mixes well.

The only gripes I have with the machine itself are all related to cleaning it.  I clean the frother by steaming a mug of water, but find that the top of the frother doesn't get enough water on it to thoroughly clean it.  I then use a wet sponge to wipe down the top parts.  There are some recessed areas on the frother that manage to stay dirty, and I end up using a toothpick or teh tip of a knife to scrape out the dried milk residue that has gathered there.  The filter cup that is included has let some of the finer grinds through into the espresso, which can be a bit gritty at the bottom of the cup.  If I have enough time and feel like making the effort, I will cut a small circle out of a paper filter and add it to the filter cup. This also makes it SLIGHTLY easier to clean the cup after brewing as the filter can add a thin barrier to the coffee and easier to dump out.This is a good thing as once the coffee is brewed, and the grounds are compressed in the cup, they can be hard to get out.  The other part that needs cleaning is the main unit where the cup attaches to the machine.  I use a damp towel or sponge to wipe the grinds and dried coffee residue out of the area, and sometimes I forget about the removable drip tray at the bottom of the unit, and it clatters into the sink when i tip it to check the cup connector.  The cord is also fairly short even when fully unwound from underneath the unit, but I have not had any issues with that due to the small counter area where I use it.

OK to start but pitiful after a year

This beast is cheaper than most, and it seems fine at first considering the price, but before the year out it is spitting hot water & steam everywhere with very little espresso for...Read complete review

This beast is cheaper than most, and it seems fine at first considering the price, but before the year out it is spitting hot water & steam everywhere with very little espresso for all the muss and fuss.
Also I don't like the carafe design. Same as most of the others, it loves to leap out of the drainboard or dishwasher shattering on the floor. It costs more to replace it than the maker is worth, but fortunately, a pyrex measuring cup makes a good replacement & doesn't seem to have the suicide gene. The coffee, alas is strong enough, but I was not at all sad at Mr. Coffees' untimely funeral. I discovered that a French press can make an equally delicious dark elixer, & is not such a nightmare at cleaning time. Between it's merely adequate performance, it's messiness, it's short lifespan, and the fact that my current apartment is too small to house multiple coffee makers, it is one I will never consider buying again.

I may be wrong about my rating if 1 is best & 10 is worst, but I did not see it defined anywhere.

Do Not Get It!

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

Do not get the Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine. It just is not worth it.

Brew Performance
The cappuccino turned out pretty good, but the steamer only ever made a big mess.

I absolutely hated to clean my Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine. It was far too fragile and hard to clean.

This steam espresso and cappuccino machine is pretty easy to use, until you get to the steamer that is. The steamer on mine did not work properly and always made a huge mess.

The design of the Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is horrible. Not only is it not very functionable, but it is also an eye sore. It is very ugly.

The glass cup of the Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is far too fragile. Mine actually broke within three months. Luckily I received this cappuccino machine as a wedding present, so at least I was not out any money. I was sorely disappointed though.

OK to start but pitiful after a year

Espresso and Cappaccino Machine

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

I love making latte's and cappaccino's and my husband loves his espresso's, so this is the perfect product for us. It works great and makes great espresso's and cappuccino's. I got this as a gift for Christmas two years ago, and I love using it. I probably use this item four out of seven days a week. It might take a couple of times to get the right strength for what you like, but it is very easy to use. I also love that it has the steamer/froth maker, so you can put that on top of your drink if you want, which we do on every drink we make. My kids like making hot chocolate and they use the froth instead of marshmallow sometimes, and they enjoy using this machine, and they have so much fun using it. I would highly recommend this to anyone that loves coffee, espressos, lattes, hot chocolate and cappuccinos. It is a great product to have in your home, and is cheaper than going to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts to get a beverage.

• Brew Performance:

Great product for a low price.

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

It is hard to find products that work with the single lifestyle. I like my coffee strong and find that only an espresso maker will make it the way I like it. The Mr Coffee 4 cup espresso maker fits the bill to a tie. While the frother does not make a thick foam, that is not what I am particularly interested in, as long as it warms up the milk.

• Brew Performance:

The pot that was d=full of hot air/

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

This machine is awful. I should have spent my money on a better quality machine. I also should have done more research on these machines. It is hard to use, messy to clean, and a pain in the butt.

Brew Performance
It brews okay when I can get it to work correctly.

The removable parts are small and difficult to clean and most of the removable parts are dishwasher safe.

Getting the right steam level is rough. If all you want is simple espresso you will be okay. As for cappuccino good luck.

It looks pretty and it is compact in design, but do not judge a book like its cover. I have used other Mr. Coffee products and love them. This is my first Mr. Coffee product to disappointment me.

Unsure how long it would last with regular use. I quickly went out and bought a better machine and the difference is like night and day. I gave this machine to a friend at their request and he also hates it. Glad it just was not me.

Great Little Espresso Maker that Got Me Though Grad School

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

This machine makes great espresso. Relatively easy to use although you need to buy a temper and coffee grinder to get the most use out of it. A froth thermometer is optional for getting the best milk froth, but you really don't need a thermometer once you get use to frothing milk. I'm a PhD student, so I have long hours, and this little machine got me through my PhD program so far. It's a great value for the cost.

Brew Performance
It brews very well. Granted, the brew quality is more a factor of the quality of beans and their grind than the machine itself.

The hardest part to clean is the milk frother. You need to take the plastic part off and clean the metallic part of the frother with a damp cloth. Other than that, you detach the porta-filter handle and remove the filter from the handle to clean both.

The most tedious part of using this espresso machine is grinding the espresso beans and compacting them into the porta-filter with a tamper. Other than that, you twist the porta-filter in place, fill the reservoir with cold water, screw the reservoir lid on tight, and you're good to go.

Good design for the cost of the machine.

Lasted me two years so far. To be honest, my only fear is of dropping the glass container, as that's the only think I see as breakable on this machine.

• Brew Performance:

Not bad at all for the price!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

This is a small compact little machine that get's the job done quite well. But, If you can ..spend a bit more and get something a little more elaborate.This one won't give you the crema, which I myself really like to have and miss having on top of the espresso. Also there is no heating element to keep it warm after it's brewed so you have to drink it quick or micro wave it , which is what we do. Other than that, it's a very good little machine and you really can't beat the price! to search around though it will and does vary like most anything else else . I found the best deal on this one at Walmart's!

You just have to remember to turn it off after use! I left it on a whole day once! It still works fine though!

Compact and space saving!

Forgot to turn it off for a day as said above, it stood the test though , works fine!

Mr Coffee Steam and Espresso and Cappuccino Machine

from Jonancy, KY

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

I love this machine. I love cappuccina. And with this I can have fresh cappuccino any time I want it. It's simple and easy to use. In less than 5 minutes you have cappuccino with a nice froth on top.

Brew Performance
In less than 5 minutes you can have espresso or cappuccino.

This one is very easy to clean. Just takes a few minutes.

It's simple and easy to use.

Very nice design. Would look great in any kitchen.

I think Mr.Coffee is one of the best coffee makers you can buy.

• Brew Performance:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

This is a very basic machine that is easy to use and clean, we use ours four or five times a week.

Brew Performance
This machine brews a consistant cappuccino and steams milk perfectly.

The machine breaks down and cleans up easily.

I had never used an expresso machine before and the instructions were well written and made mme comfortable with the use of the machine.

For our basic needs this machine is made well designed to use and looks good on the counnter.

With almost daily use for the last two years this machine operates like when we got it and looks great.

• Brew Performance:

Good for making express, and cappuccino's

from Elizabeth City, NC

Comments about Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:

Good machine. Have had no problems so far. You can make your own foam by using milk or cream. Makes within minutes. I make cappucino's all the time. You can even make a cup of coffee too. It makes a coffee just as well as a coffee machine.

Brew Performance
Good. Taste just as well as a coffee machine would. I guess it all depends on the coffee you buy though.

All you really have to do is clean out the cup and the foam dispenser thingy. The milk can often get stuck.

Very easy to use. Makes a cappuccino within minutes. Its very similar to a coffee machine.

The design is great and it is a little smaller than a coffee machine. It doesn't take up to much room and it looks fine in the kitchen.

Have had no problems with this espresso machine so far.