Other Coffee Makers:

Mr. Coffee Powered by Keurig Single-Serve Brewing System BVMC-KG1-001

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Mr. Coffee by Keurig is one of the best inventions!

It took me almost a year to decide on the Mr. Coffee Powered by Keurig Single-Serve Brewing System BVMC-KG1-001. Once I received it, I was immediately happy with my decision. However, I thought I would be using this constantly. I didn’t though – it was confiscated by my mother, who instantly fell in love with it. We have stocked up on Coffee K-Cups for her. This machine is small, can only brew one size and one strength, but it’s an amazing little machine. I only have two complaints and they’re not that big of a deal. But the first would have to be the drip tray fills up very quickly and if you go to move the machine, water will leak out of the bottom of it. Haven’t quite figured out how that happens, but as long as we empty it every single time we use it, it’s no big deal. Kind of an inconvenience, but we got over it. And my second complaint would be cleaning where the K-Cups go. I’ve noticed that over time coffee grinds will come out and make a mess in there. With the blades that penetrate the K-Cup, it can be difficult to clean. This has stopped me from using the machine to make myself cups of tea, as I don’t want coffee grounds getting mixed in. Other than that, we love the machine! And wouldn’t buy any other type of Keurig, unless of course, something happens with this one. But, it’s been almost a year and a half and it’s still going strong.

Brew Performance
On occasion, a lot of water will drip out first before the coffee starts to pour out.

I've noticed over time that coffee grounds get scattered where you put the K-Cups in. It's hard to clean because of the "blades" that penetrate the K-cups so they can brew.

Simple to use

Don't waste your money on this Grandpa coffee machine.

When purchasing this product I ran water through the brew system about 5 times to get the melted plastic taste and smell out of the lines and get the brew system ready for coffee. I have let the system sit for 1 day without making a cup of coffee. This morning I decided to use it again, and ended up brewing a cup that tastes and smells like melted plastic.
I am so disappointed that this is not an improvement from the Keurig that has faults of its own. This system is slow. (see brew system comments.) I also wish it held more water.
Due to the extremely slow performance, and the taste of melted plastic, this machine is going back.
Don't waste your money!

Brew Performance
I should of known with Mr Coffee, everything is slow. The Brew system takes about 3 minutes to brew a cup of coffee. My husband and I had a race the other morning with our brew pot vs the Mr coffee single cup. The brew pot had a 1/2 of a pot of coffee and the Mr coffee single cup was still "heating". In comparison to the regular Keurig (as we have one at our cottage), it is very slow. The Keurig will brew in less than a minute. For those of us who need a cup immediately in the morning, this brew system is not for you. They should change the name to Grandpa coffee systems.
(We also own an expensive espresso machine that will brew a cup of coffee faster than this machine.)

I do like the fact that you can put a to go cup under the brewer.

I choose poor for the durability because after 5 days of use it is making plastic tasting coffee.

Great Single Serve Coffee Maker!

Comments about Mr. Coffee Powered by Keurig Single-Serve Brewing System BVMC-KG1-001:

I recieved this coffee maker as a present and really enjoy it. It is easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee; it is fool proof! It is also very easy to clean. I have had this coffee maker for almost 2 years now and have had no problems with it. I would recommend this to anyone!

If you use tall coffee cups they will not fit underneath it.

• Brew Performance:

i'm sad to see this has been discontinued!

I love this unit! it has been 2 years already and unlike the keurig branded machines its still working! that to me makes it an EXCELLENT deal! I'm sad to see that it has been discontinued. I'm also sad to see it has a recall. my unit has been AWESOME!

Brew Performance
it makes coffee, tea, chocolate, cider. anything you want hot and is powered as there is a little "cup" you can buy that you can put your own coffee into.

there is no way that is manufacturer recommended to clean it. brewing an empty pod with vinegar and then 2 with water does OK, but i want to be able to scrub it. NEVER use soap, as it stays soapy for months even after you brew with vinegar.

While i love coffee, I can't use the traditional machines without it being too weak or too strong. this machine is VERY idiot resistant (nothing is proof so i won't say that) all you do is put in the k-cup and fill the top part with water, and press the button. it is also able to be flexible as you can get a "cup" and put your own coffee, chocolate, tea, cider, etc. into it and brew it.

i like silver much better than black. it seems to be a little smaller than the basic keurig model as well.

it has lasted twice as long as both the keurig models I used to have :)

Mr Coffee Not so GOod

I gave a low rating on this coffee machine because i purchased one of these Mr coffee machines and after a total of 6 uses the coffee machine only made a half of cup of coffee.

Brew Performance
It only kept brewing a half a cup of coffee. I had just bought it and after only using a few times it started doing that.

I never had a chance to have to clean it.

The design i think is kind of ugly. I just purchased it because it was on sale

• Brew Performance:

Love my Coffee and this pot!

This single serve coffee maker is my life saver and my pregnancy saver. I am a coffee addict and love to drink coffee so when I became pregnant and had to cut down on coffee this was the perfect option. I was able to only make my one cup of coffee everyday instead of my one pot and this machine cost a fraction of what a Keurig would cost. When I am not pregnant I use this machine probably 5 times a day and then when I have been it is only once to twice a day. The performance of this machine has been great and I have had the machine for almost 3 years now.

Brew Performance
The brew performance is great it makes fantastic single cup flavored coffee.

This is very easy to clean just rinse and put back together or through the under cup in the dishwasher which is very easy to do.

Can't get any easier one button to open for water one lever to open to put in k-cup and one button to brew which is perfect.

Easy on the eyes.

Works great I haven't had any problems over the last 3 years.

Great for coffee lovers!

I have had this single cup brewer for almost 3 years now. I have never experienced any problems with it. I drink a few cups of coffee a week so I'm not a huge coffee fan. I asked for the Mr.Coffee brand single cup maker over the Keurig a few years back because of the price difference. For the amount of coffee I drink this maker seemed to be perfect in size and in price. It does take the maker a few minutes to warm up before it starts brewing the coffee but that has never been a major problem for me. It comes clean easily and has always worked perfectly even after sitting unused for awhile. It uses regular K cups like the Keurigs do. I also have one of the containers shaped like a k cup that you can put regular coffee grounds in which is what I use most of the time. The coffee gets very hot to me. I have to let it cool some before drinking it. Sometimes it makes more noise than other times I'm not sure why but the noise is never anything abnormally loud for a coffee maker.

Cheaper than a full Keurig

Overall, I really like this product. It is easy to use and makes beverages quickly. The only problem I encountered is how much water to use. If you fill all the way to the fill line, I find that it brews coffee that is too watered down. Therefore, you must be careful how much water to put in.

Great product, low price

Bought this product because it was cheaper than a Keurig. Worked well since I can't make a cup of coffee for anything! It does not have all of the fancy features that a Kuerig offers, it is pretty basic. But that is okay for someone like me. All I want is just a cup of coffee. If you want more from your coffee maker, like the ability to make iced beverages or to program it, this is not the product for you. I have been very happy with this product so far. You do have to leave the top open after brewing so it doesn't begin to smell like mildew. I am a little disouraged about the recent recall I just found out about. Not sure if I want to keep this one or spend the extra money for a Keurig?

• Brew Performance:

Not surprised it was recalled

I had no idea our Mr. Cofee kcup brewer had been recalled until I came to write a review on it. I am so glad to hear it has been recalled, and I wish Mr. Coffee had been able to spread the news of the recall a little better. Our Mr. Coffee worked well when it worked, but it definitely didn't work for very long! The closing mechanism on the water resourvor did not stick very well, which might explain why some people were having a problem with it jumping open. It also leaked quite a bit.

Brew Performance
The Mr. Coffee brewed great for a few months, but then it stopped working all together. The light would come on, but then it would go off with no brewing. We were left with a reservoir full of hot water and nothing to drink.

Best way to clean is with diluted vinegar. Make sure to rinse before you continue making coffee.

Technically all you need to do is press a button, but since that didn't make anything happen I can't give very high marks here. I also had a hard time refilling the tank, but that is because I am short.

Obviously not great since it has been recalled. I did like the removable tray.

Before we found out about the recall we were going to have to toss it. Completely stopped working.

Great Coffee Maker

from Lancaster, CA

This is a great K-Cup coffee maker. It is cheaper than other brands and does just as good.

Brew Performance
It does take a little longer than other brands but if you have other things to do just pop in the cup and do a few things. Once you are back it will be done.

There really isn't much cleaning. I just pop the K-cup out and you are done. I do however, once a week run a brew of nothing but water to clean out the cup area in case any debris has gotten into that area.

This machine is very easy. You just add water pop a cup in and push the brew button. My 10 year old kids do this for me almost every morning.

Design is nice. Not a fancy coffee maker but do you really need to have it all fancy. I don't.

I have had this coffee maker for about 6 months and I feel that it could last another couple of years. It is a very durable coffee maker.

• Brew Performance:

Easy to use individual coffee maker

Overall it is a good, sturdy individual coffee maker. Well worth the money.

Brew Performance
It brews to a good, hot temperature fairly quickly. The one negative thing that I have to say about it is that occasionally I will find coffee grinds in my coffee or it will brew too weak every now and then, causing me to start over.

Very easy to clean.

Simple, non-complicated to use.

the one thing I would change is to make the brewer height a little taller so that different size travel mugs could fit under it.

I have had no issues with it breaking or messing up.