Other Misc. Kitchen Appliances:
Mr. Coffee
Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77

Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77

had this one for 4 years, wish I had it back!

We purchased this grinder to go with the Mr. Coffee coffee maker that came out the same year as this model. We liked that it had personalizable grind features for how many cups/type of grind to make. I was a bit disappointed to realize that the auto shut-off feature still required you to hold down the button the entire time you were grinding, so I couldn't set it and walk away to get my milk ready. It feels like an eternity when you have to sit there and hold it down the whole time, lol! and it was loud. We only used this to grind espresso beans. I did a great job of fine grinding to work with our Breville espresso machine. After 4 years, it broke! sad. The clear plastic bowl chipped on the top edge and we could no longer use it. I bought a disappointing gravity fed black and decker model to replace this and after a month, quit using it. Now I purchase beans at the store and grind them on the spot. I almost like that better since I am not constantly washing the grounds off of the counter. I did love this grinder though.

Pros: cost, special features, easy to use,

Cons: not as "automatic" as I would have I liked, LOUD, cleaning sometimes a pain.

Good When Needed

I am very new to coffee grinders so when I received this as a college gift I told myself that I would never use it. However, I had all this coffee that needed to be proccessed so I went for it and used my Mr. Coffee electric coffee grinder. What I found out that it was very easy to use and very easy to clean. My friend said that this Mr. Coffee electric coffee grinder was very inexpensive and only cost around twenty-five bucks. That being said, I dont see any other budget friendly coffee grinders that will do the job as Mr. Coffee. Machine-wise, it does its job of grinding up the coffee and giving me my morning dose. Some people say that Mr. Coffee is a bit loud but its a gringer what do you expect. All in all, this Mr. Coffee electric coffee grinder is probably the best for the price that you get or in my case receive as a gift. At the end of the day, I am really enjoying my coffee and I dont see why you shouldnt so buy it !!

Awesome!

from San Marcos, Tx

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Compact
  • Easy To Use
  • Quality Construction

Cons

• Gifts
    • Small Kitchens

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

My husband and I were both skeptical when we first purchased the product, but it is pretty awesome. I use it more often than he does and I can use it for dried herbs as well, although, the herbs are harder to clean out. I would recommend this purchase for almost anyone..unless you have a high end grinders, but for the average household this is a product to have!

Good Grinder, Hard to Clean

from Utah

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

As a coffee grinder, this product works extremely well. We received it as a gift for Christmas soon after we were married in 2009, and we have been pleased with it ever since then. It had adjustable settings so that coffee can be ground to the desired texture (course, fine, etc). When it has reached the desired texture, the grinder shuts off automatically. One flaw with this design is that it would be nice if it had a simple on/off switch. As it is, one needs to hold the top down in order to turn it on, forcing one to stand there until the job is complete. But it does grind the coffee quite well. We only use a smaller coffee pot or a Kuerig single cup brewer, and we can usually grind enough for two or three pots at once. One other downside is that it can be extremely difficult to clean. Coffee gets stuck in the bottom of the container under where the blade is, and it is extremely difficult to remove. This part of the bowl also has thin plastic ridges, making it even more difficult. But other than cleaning and the design of turning it on, it has worked great for us.

Love this product

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

I bought this coffee grinder for my husband a couple years ago. We are avid coffee drinkers and like to grind our own beans (tastes more fresh that way!). I love that the grinder is simple, easy to use, easy to clean, and looks tasteful on the counter. I like the course, medium, and fine settings because it makes it easy to have course grind for the french press or more fine grind for drip coffee. I love that some of the piece are dishwasher safe although I do still wash most of the parts by hand. This appliances is a little loud but when grinding coffee beans it's impossible not to have noise. I leave this grinder plugged in right beside my coffee pot. If you can't afford a grind and brew coffee maker just buy this grinder to sit next to your coffee maker. Just remember to clean the grinds out especially if you're switching coffees. This coffee grinder would make a great gift for a coffee loving friend.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

I have had 4 of these griders and have been very pleased with them. I grind coffee for a 36 cup coffee maker once every week and for a 12 cup coffee maker every day. The only problem I have noticed with the last two I have had, newest one purchased this summer, is that the ground coffee has a trendencey to spill out between the cover and the bowl and spills unto the counter as it grinds and gets between the small hole for the on/off button and needs to be cleaned out before it will turn on again. The first two were great and the last two are the only ones with this problem.

Love it!

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

I love this grinder! I am a big fan of pretty much any Mr. Coffee branded products, but I love this grinder because it is easy to use, efficient, quiet, and doesnt take up too much space on my counter top when I leave it out to grind some coffee. It is a great space saver, and in general I find the coffee to be ground perfectly everytime, with such little effort. If you like freshly ground coffee, you really can't go wrong using this product .I was given this as a gift, and I thank my friend profusely everytime I see her because she has me totally hooked on freshly ground coffee beans as opposed to anything I might buy in the store.

This is a must have for the budget coffee connoisseurs

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

I love this coffee grinder. Not only is it great for small spaces or limited counter top area, it is also very sleek and adds to any kitchen decor. The grinding quality is pretty good for the size and the price. I have had mine for over 6 month and it still grinds as well as it did when I first purchased it. It is also great for storing coffee before and after it is ground. It is also very energy efficient. You cant go wrong with this grinder.

Good coffee grinder for the price

from Huntington, WV

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

I am very picky about the coffee that I drink everyday. I freshly grind beans every morning so having a good grinder is important to me. This model is cheaper than many other brands and is easy to use. The buttons and features are straight forward and not confusing. The parts easily come apart for cleaning, which is essential. I have had this model for a couple of years and it is still working well, which I appreciate. The only draw back is that the cord is shorter than I would like. It has to be pretty close to the outlet, which in our kitchen doesn't work as well as I would like. With a longer cord it would be a very good product.

Excellent coffee grinder

from Greenville, SC

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

this is a trusty little device that lives in my kitchen. It has several settings to help you make the right type of coffee. my primary goal was to get this grinder for french press. it is a little noisy on its own (of course the coffee beans add to it) but it makes quick work of nearly any grind request.

Fast and easy way to have fresh ground coffee

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

I love this product because it is so easy to use and it's east to clean as well. It is a little bit loud but not too bad and it grinds the beans well no matter what setting you put it on. The one down fall is the length of the cord as it is very short but it wouldn't stop me from buying it again

so useful

Comments about Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Grinder IDS77:

this coffee grinder is so useful, easy and helpful i used to always walk by the fresh coffee bean aisle in store and want to take home that yummy freshness, and now i can with this grinder, it works in just a matter of seconds and it gives your coffee that yummy fresh aroma and taste, its pretty much to die for.