4.1

Cons

Perfect Size for Two Mugs of Coffee

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffee maker precisely because it holds 5 cups. I've learned that five cups translates into the perfect amount to fit the 2 mugs' worth that I drink in the morning. It also didn't hurt that it was a good ol' reliable Mr. Coffee brand.

My version of the coffee maker has a glass carafe instead of stainless steel. But the rest of the design is the same: programmable clock/timer, brew on/off buttons, and size. I tend not to use the programmable features, but if I did, I would be frustrated by the dim LCD display that I would need a magnifying glass to read.

I neither want nor need anything fancy in a coffee maker. Just a reliable product that's easy to fill with water and coffee; keeps my coffee hot on the plate; and brews evenly with no spillage or splatters. This Mr. Coffee fills all of those needs.

If there's any downside, it's that it's sometimes tricky to get the last bit of water into the machine. I solve that by adding a little more water to the pot and using the number gauge on the side to let me know when I've reached the five cup limit.

Overall, it's a basic--but good--unit to make those perfect two mugs of coffee.

• Brew Performance:

It serves the purpose with designs flaws.

from Greene, NY

Comments about Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

It brews quickly and is nice and hot.

Brew Performance
fast and hot

easy to wipe down and wash pot

It seems very awkward to fill compared to my old mister coffee, the hole is narrower so if you miss it runs into pot and the fill window is hard to see ,you have to turn the coffee maker sideways to see it when filling. The digital readout whith the clock is very hard to see.

seems very sturdy.

• Brew Performance:

Really great Coffee maker for the price.

from Campbell, OH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This Mr. Coffee 5-Cup programmable coffee maker is a great coffee maker for any one that is not a big coffee drinker. My wife and I don't drink coffee all that often, so this works perfect as it does not take up a whole lot of counter space, and brews smaller amounts of coffee. So far this is the best coffee maker we have had, but compared to the cheap 4-cup Mr. Coffee, this has a lot more to offer for us. The 1-Hour shut off feature is actually a great feature for us as it ensures that you don't leave it on all day. It is very affordable, and I think it looks nice in our kitchen with all the other black/stainless steel appliances. The stainless steel carafe is very important for us as well, as the last one we had was glass and it broke on us. The programmable feature is nice if you set things up the night before to brew for you automatically in the morning. We have not used it that often, but when we have, it worked great. The only issue I have with this coffee maker is that the pour spout on the carafe seems to cause a lot of spilling. Other than that, it is a great coffee maker for the money.

I love this Mr. Coffee 5-cup Coffee Maker with Steel Caraffe

from Saint Johns, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My husband bought me a small coffee maker for Christmas, because it is just the two of us drinking coffee in our home most of the time. He used to own a coffee shop, and he insists that coffee tastes better when brewed in the right size pot, as opposed to brewing 4 cups ina 12-cup maker. I didn't like the first one he picked out because it didn't match my kitchen (it was white), and plus it just looked cheesy, like a *toy*.

I sent it back, and I found this one at Target. The reviews I read on it were mixed, but I we decided to give it a try. Well, I love it. It is small, takes up little space, and yet is attractive looking. It looks nice next to my cappucino maker. I don't use the timer feature, but it brews the coffee very HOT (essential for a good cup), and the steel carafe does keep it warmer. I also turn my pot off right after brewing, because the coffee burns if you set it on that hot plate (no matter what they tell ya), so I like the advantage of the steel. I also like the steel because, alas, NO MORE broken caraffes! If you have butter-fingers like me, you will no longer have to worry about breaking it!

I read another review where someone said they didn't like this coffeemaker because the water resevoire is at the top, and they didn't have room to open it under their cabinet. What?? I have no idea where they were living, but it must have been a dwarf house, because this maker is so small, I can't imagine anyone having an issue opening it under a cabinet. We are happy with it. And we are coffee snobs.

Jwx9 Brews good coffee period

from Avon, MA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

What I want from a coffee maker is for it to brew good coffee. What's needed is very hot water to run over ground coffee and this unit does just that.

I don't put much emphasis on how hard it is to pour water in it or how soon the warmer shuts off as it is a 5 cup brewer whits translates to aprox 2 real life cups which takes me far less than an hour to drink.

I wanted a small maker for my travel trailer to wake me to coffee in the mourning. I read the directions and did do a couple of dry brews before making any coffee and have yet to taste any plastic.

It looks good on the counter and comes with all of the features of the larger more expensive coffee brewers.

I have a Bunn Brewer at home and a Kurig at work both good in their own respects.

Best Coffee Maker ive ever had

from Erie, PA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My boyfriend got me this coffer maker for Christmas a few years ago when my 3rd coffee maker had stopped working. Ive never had any trouble with this one, no leaking, easy clean up, etc...  The smaller size and the programmable feature is great for us because we can have the coffee ready by the time we wake up. It comes with a reusable filter, so theres no need to buy coffee filters, which saves me money. Other coffee makers that come with filters they rip or tear resulting in grounds in your coffee...  This one has never let one single ground get through! If you're looking for a smaller, inexpensive coffee maker that will last, this is the one!

Mr. Coffee 5 cup coffee maker, not the best!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 5-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I purchased this 5 cup programable coffee maker to use at work in my office to replace the one I had for about 3 years that stop working.  I have to say, I am not that happ with it.  The size is perfect because it does not take up alot of space.  I like the stainless steel pot vs. glass because then I don't have to worry about it breaking.  However, it has an auto shut off after 1 hour and the only way it appears you can turn it back on is to have it brew again.  You can't turn off the auto shut off either.  I would not recommend it to anyone.