Other Coffee Makers:

Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Mr. Coffee 4 cup Programmable- the best!

The Mr. Coffee 4 cup programmable coffee maker is the best one we have owned to date. We have tried a French press, and a Keurig coffee machine, and we find that for our needs, the Mr. Coffee 4 cup programmable coffee maker is simply the best. In our house we just want an easy to make, great tasting cup of coffee. After trying the French press, we read online that it can contribute to higher cholesterol (not using a coffee filter) so we ditched that one. The Keurig was expensive and produced watery coffee no matter what we tried. The Mr. Coffee just does the job, and does the job right. Not only does the coffee taste great, but we won't break the bank brewing ourselves some great coffee. And, the 4 cup is just the right size for our small kitchen and for us since we don't drink a ton of coffee every day. I have had my machine for years, and we wash the coffee pot itself nearly every night in the dishwasher and it is holding up great. The only thing we've had to do from time to time is use the screwdriver to tighten the screw that keeps the handle on the glass pot- minor. The programmable feature is wonderful if you like waking up to the smell of fresh coffee brewing.

Mr. Coffee 4-cup is perfect for families with 1 coffee drinker

We all know that too much coffee is terrible for the body in several ways. So, instead of using the 12-cup coffee maker, we decided to go with a smaller one - to force me to drink less coffee. I love this product for a number of reasons. Pros: - Perfect size for a single coffee drinker. - Timer is great. Every other 4-cup maker that I found were switch based without a timer setting. Timer settings are really helpful when you want to just get your coffee and go. - Easy to clean. This product has a removeable filter cup for easy cleaning. Also, the auto-pause in brewing is helpful to both allow for quick removal and less spilling. Cons: - It takes a little longer to brew 4 cups with this maker as it does in a larger maker. This may simply be due to the size of the product. It takes up little space and I also use it to boil water to make teas. Great for a college student and nifty enough to use. makes coffee just fine, but the weird thing is that the clock on the front loses about 1-2 minutes per day. After a while this clock gets seriously behind. At first I would readjust it every couple of days, but then I gave up so this thing never reads the correct time.

Quality coffee with a little effort

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I drink coffee every morning to wake up for my day and I really enjoy the coffee from this coffee maker. The coffee never tastes water down or badly brewed and the coffee grounds never get in the brew (which could also be the filters but hey I think the coffee maker really helps as well). But I also don't want to go through all the hassle of the coffee maker in the morning when I am rushing to get ready for work, so its very easy for me to simply pur the ground coffee beans in and push a button and in no time at all my coffee is being brewed and ready to be consumed. One feature i really like in the hot plate. The plate under the coffee mug is warmed/hot to keep the pot warm so that the coffee stays warm for a longer amount of time without having to re-heat it. This one is not only easy to work and lasts forever!, but it also makes great coffee fast, the coffee is ready within 5 minutes which is all the time I have when I'm rushing out the door.

A great coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have to say I am extremely impressed with Mr. Coffee four cup programmable coffee maker. I like that this particular coffee maker is small so it easily fits on my counter top. I also like that this machine was very affordable. I was really interested in purchasing a programmable coffee maker but they were all so expensive but I got this particular one for an excellent price. The programmable feature works great. On the mornings I have to wake up very early it's nice to have my coffee already waiting for me. I also feel that this particular coffee maker is so easy to clean. I would highly reccomend this coffee maker to anyone that likes the programmable feature.

Brew Performance
The brew performance is excellent.

This machine is very easy to keep clean.

It's very easy to use!

I particularly love the design because it's so compact and does not take up a lot of space.

A very durable coffee maker.

Nice coffeemaker

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is an excellent product! I have used it before,but it is just a little bit too small for our family,so I prefer a bigger one. The coffee doesn't take very long at all to brew and it does taste wonderful. Mr. Coffee has always made excellent coffee makers for anyone,including this smaller one that would be ideal for one person. I usually like to use a 10 or 12 cup coffee maker for our family,so there is plenty of coffee. The price is quite reasonable.

Brew Performance
The brew performance is great! it only takes a few minutes to brew a small pot of delicious coffee. It smells so good when it is brewing too.

It is quite easy to clean. You can just rinse & wash the pot & wipe off everything on the outside. I like to occasionally put vinegar and water in the carafe a few times and then just plain water to clean the inside.

It is very easy to use. You just put in your desired amount of coffee in the filter or filter basket,put a carafe of water in and turn it on.

It has a very modern and nice design.

I think that it is very durable and will last a long time with normal use.

Not too thrilled!

from Sandwich, IL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I've never been too thrilled with it's ability (or rather LACK OF) to brew the coffee. Not only does it take forever (and yes it's been cleaned numerous times) to brew but, it is NEVER hot enough. I have to stick it into my microwave to get it hot enough to drink. One thing I really hate is COLD coffee. My next coffee maker will NOT be a Mr Coffee!

Takes forever

Not hard to clean, it just WONT clean well.

Easy enough.

It's terrible.

• Brew Performance:

Great little pot if you are drinking alone!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have this pot sitting next to my 12 cup Mr. Coffee. I drink coffee all day long and when it's only me this one is perfect. It being programmable is great too. I have it set for coffee after dinner. The coffee stay hot even after it's been sitting for awhile and doesn't get what I call grey after sitting there for over an hour. It's easy to clean. I just run some of that blue cleaner through it once a month and the coffee taste as good as the first cup I got out of it. I love that it shuts off automatically cause I get distracted and always forget. It's one of the best features that Mr. Coffee makers have.

I have taken this pot outside with me when I was going to be working outside all day and also have one in my husbands shop. He gets up early sometimes and goes out to weld and it's just easier to have the pot out there than to have to keep coming inside for a refill. They are great for people that drink a lot of coffee and want fres coffee everytime.

• Brew Performance:

Great programmable single serving coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is a great coffee maker. I have to be to work early every morning, so the programmable function is just what I need. I'm also the only coffee drinker at home so it makes the perfect amount.

Brew Performance
Brews great coffee every morning. I'm no expert barrista, but it always tastes good.

Relatively easy to clean, but there are few cracks and crevices that keep me from giving it a higher rating. All the parts are easily disassembled to clean thoroughly.

This thing is easy to program. I don't even think I read the manual the first time I programmed the clock and set the delay brew. There are just a few buttons, so it's straight-forward.

Simplistic design, but it works for my purposes. I wouldn't suggest it for someone that likes fancy functions on their machine.

I've had this coffee maker for 5 years and use it almost every morning. I can't comment on multiple cups per day because I only use it once in the morning. However, it's still going strong.

Good Little Coffee Maker

from Utah

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

We use this coffee maker (along with a French Press) for making pots of coffee instead of single brew cups with our Keurig. For just my wife and I, it does great, as it makes us each a mugful of coffee in the morning, and maybe a second one later in the day. It is not as convenient when we have guests over, since we need to make multiple pots, but that is because we chose a smaller one in the first place.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker brews a pot very quickly, and the coffee turns out delicious. The programmable timer is also convenient, especially when setting it the night before to begin brewing early in the morning.

If the pot is not washed consistently, then coffee can dry and burn onto the inside of the glass. It ends up being rather difficult to remove, but this is not as big of a deal, since it is only ever used for coffee (it's not like a Keurig that may leave coffee taste in the K-cup when making tea or hot chocolate). The inside part where the filter sits can be somewhat difficult to clean if coffee grounds are spilled into the area outside of the filter. It is a difficult place to get to for cleaning, but the grounds can than wash down into the pot of coffee.

The design of the area that holds the filter is rather poor, as spilled grounds easily get stuck in it.

We have used this coffee maker for several years, and it still works very well.

Easy and Quick

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is really easy to use and quick to brew. Just a simple maker that always gives me a good cup of coffee. The programmable feature is nice and easy to use, so that I can have the coffee right when I set it. Vey easy to clean. The only downside is that the top will crack open and steam will escape so I get a little less than the water than I originally put in.

Brew Performance
Always gives me a great pot of coffee.

The lid on the pot doesn't come off, so if you have larger hands it might be difficult to clean, as it is a small 4-cup pot.

It is very easy, just put the coffee and water in, close the top, and push the button. The progammable option is also very easy to use.

The lid on top lifts up to put the filter and water. The top will pop open during the brewing cycle so steam escapes. This gives me less coffee than the amount of water that I actually put into the maker.

I'm not sure about the durability because of the issue with the top. So far it hasn't been an issue, but it seems like the top may eventually warp.

I Like a Large Single Coffee

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

While the one-cup brewers are all the rage, I do not particularly find that their idea of a single cup fits my weekend and on-the-go needs. So instead of the expensive brewer system, pod coffees and double-brew to fill my mug, I use a good old fashioned drop brewer. The Mr. Coffee 4-cup brewer fits perfectly for my needs.

At home on a lazy weekend morning, or before I get ready to run errands, I like to brew to the '3' cup mark of this coffee maker and it perfectly fits into my oversized mug or travel cup - no need to use two pods and brew twice. It's a basic 'add water, measure coffee, hit start' model, with a digital display for time that you can pre-set to start your brew. The base stays warm while it's turned on in case you want the coffee in the pot to stay warm.

The pot is glass, and easy to clean. The rest of the machine is plastic but durable, and can be cleaned using a water/vinegar solution. I love this machine and have happily used it for 4 years - I will definitely re-purchase if this ever fails me.

• Brew Performance:

Great coffee maker at a good price

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is very inexpensive but does the job very well. It makes the coffee very fast. It keeps it hot hot for a couple hours. It brews pretty fast. Overall this is a great coffee maker for the price. I have had this coffee maker for two years now and it is still going strong. You can set it and forget it. I love to set it up the night before so that i wake up to the smell of coffee in the morning. Its even better when i am running late and my coffee is all done and ready to go for me. I use it at least once a day. Very well made. Don't understand why the price is so low. But I wont complain. I have tried many many coffee makers of different sizes and colors and most if not all were more expensive than this one. But yet this coffee maker is by far the best I have ever had. It brews the coffee so fast and it is so very quiet I never even hear it. Even after a couple years of use it is still working just like the day I bought it.