Other Coffee Makers:
DRX5-NP
Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Rca_2013_value

Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

• Brews quickly (4)
  • Easy to clean (4)
  • Easy to use (4)

• Everyday (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (3)

Mr. Coffee 4 cup Programmable- the best!

The Mr. Coffee 4 cup programmable coffee maker is the best one we have owned to date. We have tried a French press, and a Keurig coffee machine, and we find that for our needs, the Mr. Coffee 4 cup programmable coffee maker is simply the best. In our house we just want an easy to make, great tasting cup of coffee. After trying the French press, we read online that it can contribute to higher cholesterol (not using a coffee filter) so we ditched that one. The Keurig was expensive and produced watery coffee no matter what we tried. The Mr. Coffee just does the job, and does the job right. Not only does the coffee taste great, but we won't break the bank brewing ourselves some great coffee. And, the 4 cup is just the right size for our small kitchen and for us since we don't drink a ton of coffee every day. I have had my machine for years, and we wash the coffee pot itself nearly every night in the dishwasher and it is holding up great. The only thing we've had to do from time to time is use the screwdriver to tighten the screw that keeps the handle on the glass pot- minor. The programmable feature is wonderful if you like waking up to the smell of fresh coffee brewing.

Mr. Coffee 4-cup is perfect for families with 1 coffee drinker

We all know that too much coffee is terrible for the body in several ways. So, instead of using the 12-cup coffee maker, we decided to go with a smaller one - to force me to drink less coffee. I love this product for a number of reasons. Pros: - Perfect size for a single coffee drinker. - Timer is great. Every other 4-cup maker that I found were switch based without a timer setting. Timer settings are really helpful when you want to just get your coffee and go. - Easy to clean. This product has a removeable filter cup for easy cleaning. Also, the auto-pause in brewing is helpful to both allow for quick removal and less spilling. Cons: - It takes a little longer to brew 4 cups with this maker as it does in a larger maker. This may simply be due to the size of the product. It takes up little space and I also use it to boil water to make teas. Great for a college student and nifty enough to use. makes coffee just fine, but the weird thing is that the clock on the front loses about 1-2 minutes per day. After a while this clock gets seriously behind. At first I would readjust it every couple of days, but then I gave up so this thing never reads the correct time.

Wakes me up to the delicious aroma of coffee

from San Francisco, CA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love setting this coffeemaker to brew coffee ahead of my wake-up time. Makes getting up easier! And 4 cups is just the right size for me.

I bought this for my daughter

from Baxter, TN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings
  • Stylish

• Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this for my 19-year-old daughter. She has moved out and in with her boyfriend that will become my son-in-law in October. It's easy to program, understand and works fast! It's perfect, light weight and works great. It would also be a great addition to any college student. If you work in an office, this would be perfect for a single person to have in their office or cubical.

Handy Dandy Little Coffee Maker

from Chicagoland, IL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use

Cons

• Limited Features

• Home
    • Weekends

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this little coffee maker for 3 reasons.

1. I am the only coffee drinker in the family and I never need more than 3 cups at a time.
    2. I can easily program the coffee maker to start brewing just when I'm ready for my morning breakfast.
    3. Mr. Coffee is a brand I've purchased many times in my life and it's a brand I appreciate for its dependability.

Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable really fit the bill. My morning cups of java are always the perfect temperature when finished brewing. Never too cool; never too hot. It brews all of my flavors and brands of coffee, quickly and reliably. I never have scattered coffee grounds floating in the bottom of the pot, or messy clumps leftover to clean in the brewing basket. The beauty of its simplicity is that I can either program it to start when I get out of bed in the morning, or I can just quickly brew a cup whenever I happen to feel like it. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles to operating this coffee maker. It's quick and easy for me to clean either by hand or in the dishwasher.

Overall, I'd say that this is the perfect choice for anyone who just wants a routine, occasional, or a small amount of coffee brewed easily and dependably every time. I love my little handy dandy coffee maker.

Great and Inexpensive!

from Elko, Nevada

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot

Cons

• Ugly Design

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffee pot when my fancier and expensive coffee pot broke and I needed a quick and cheap replacement until I bought the replacement for the broken one. I was actually surprised at how nice this coffee pot is. It brews really quickly, the coffee stays nice and hot inside, and it is so easy to clean up. The price of this pot is also a huge benefit, it is relative cheap compared to many others, and for the price you pay, you get a quality product that will be perfect for everyday or occasional use. My only real con about this pot is that it is kinda large and bulky or oddly shaped. It sits weird on my counter, so it definitely loses one star for that. It looks kind of unappealing as well, it just does not have that smooth and sleek design that I am looking for in a coffee pot, but having an unappealing outside is not the most important thing to me, the overall quality of the product has been fantastic.

Quality coffee with a little effort

from Philadelphia PA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I drink coffee every morning to wake up for my day and I really enjoy the coffee from this coffee maker. The coffee never tastes water down or badly brewed and the coffee grounds never get in the brew (which could also be the filters but hey I think the coffee maker really helps as well). But I also don't want to go through all the hassle of the coffee maker in the morning when I am rushing to get ready for work, so its very easy for me to simply pur the ground coffee beans in and push a button and in no time at all my coffee is being brewed and ready to be consumed. One feature i really like in the hot plate. The plate under the coffee mug is warmed/hot to keep the pot warm so that the coffee stays warm for a longer amount of time without having to re-heat it. This one is not only easy to work and lasts forever!, but it also makes great coffee fast, the coffee is ready within 5 minutes which is all the time I have when I'm rushing out the door.

A great coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have to say I am extremely impressed with Mr. Coffee four cup programmable coffee maker. I like that this particular coffee maker is small so it easily fits on my counter top. I also like that this machine was very affordable. I was really interested in purchasing a programmable coffee maker but they were all so expensive but I got this particular one for an excellent price. The programmable feature works great. On the mornings I have to wake up very early it's nice to have my coffee already waiting for me. I also feel that this particular coffee maker is so easy to clean. I would highly reccomend this coffee maker to anyone that likes the programmable feature.

Brew Performance
    The brew performance is excellent.

This machine is very easy to keep clean.

It's very easy to use!

I particularly love the design because it's so compact and does not take up a lot of space.

A very durable coffee maker.

Nice coffeemaker

from Arizona

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

The Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker is an excellent product! I have used it before,but it is just a little bit too small for our family,so I prefer a bigger one. The coffee doesn't take very long at all to brew and it does taste wonderful. Mr. Coffee has always made excellent coffee makers for anyone,including this smaller one that would be ideal for one person. I usually like to use a 10 or 12 cup coffee maker for our family,so there is plenty of coffee. The price is quite reasonable.

Brew Performance
    The brew performance is great! it only takes a few minutes to brew a small pot of delicious coffee. It smells so good when it is brewing too.

It is quite easy to clean. You can just rinse & wash the pot & wipe off everything on the outside. I like to occasionally put vinegar and water in the carafe a few times and then just plain water to clean the inside.

It is very easy to use. You just put in your desired amount of coffee in the filter or filter basket,put a carafe of water in and turn it on.

It has a very modern and nice design.

I think that it is very durable and will last a long time with normal use.

Not too thrilled!

from Sandwich, IL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I've never been too thrilled with it's ability (or rather LACK OF) to brew the coffee. Not only does it take forever (and yes it's been cleaned numerous times) to brew but, it is NEVER hot enough. I have to stick it into my microwave to get it hot enough to drink. One thing I really hate is COLD coffee. My next coffee maker will NOT be a Mr Coffee!

Takes forever

Not hard to clean, it just WONT clean well.

Easy enough.

It's terrible.

• Brew Performance:

Great little pot if you are drinking alone!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have this pot sitting next to my 12 cup Mr. Coffee. I drink coffee all day long and when it's only me this one is perfect. It being programmable is great too. I have it set for coffee after dinner. The coffee stay hot even after it's been sitting for awhile and doesn't get what I call grey after sitting there for over an hour. It's easy to clean. I just run some of that blue cleaner through it once a month and the coffee taste as good as the first cup I got out of it. I love that it shuts off automatically cause I get distracted and always forget. It's one of the best features that Mr. Coffee makers have.

I have taken this pot outside with me when I was going to be working outside all day and also have one in my husbands shop. He gets up early sometimes and goes out to weld and it's just easier to have the pot out there than to have to keep coming inside for a refill. They are great for people that drink a lot of coffee and want fres coffee everytime.

• Brew Performance:

Great programmable single serving coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is a great coffee maker. I have to be to work early every morning, so the programmable function is just what I need. I'm also the only coffee drinker at home so it makes the perfect amount.

Brew Performance
    Brews great coffee every morning. I'm no expert barrista, but it always tastes good.

Relatively easy to clean, but there are few cracks and crevices that keep me from giving it a higher rating. All the parts are easily disassembled to clean thoroughly.

This thing is easy to program. I don't even think I read the manual the first time I programmed the clock and set the delay brew. There are just a few buttons, so it's straight-forward.

Simplistic design, but it works for my purposes. I wouldn't suggest it for someone that likes fancy functions on their machine.

I've had this coffee maker for 5 years and use it almost every morning. I can't comment on multiple cups per day because I only use it once in the morning. However, it's still going strong.