Other Coffee Makers:
DRX5-NP
Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
Rca_2013_value

Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

• Brews quickly (8)
  • Easy to use (8)
  • Easy to clean (7)
  • Durable (5)
  • Multiple settings (4)

• Everyday (8)
  • Home (5)
  • Short trips / weekends (4)
  • Office (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (7)

Mr. Coffee 4 cup Programmable- the best!

The Mr. Coffee 4 cup programmable coffee maker is the best one we have owned to date. We have tried a French press, and a Keurig coffee machine, and we find that for our needs, the Mr. Coffee 4 cup programmable coffee maker is simply the best. In our house we just want an easy to make, great tasting cup of coffee. After trying the French press, we read online that it can contribute to higher cholesterol (not using a coffee filter) so we ditched that one. The Keurig was expensive and produced watery coffee no matter what we tried. The Mr. Coffee just does the job, and does the job right. Not only does the coffee taste great, but we won't break the bank brewing ourselves some great coffee. And, the 4 cup is just the right size for our small kitchen and for us since we don't drink a ton of coffee every day. I have had my machine for years, and we wash the coffee pot itself nearly every night in the dishwasher and it is holding up great. The only thing we've had to do from time to time is use the screwdriver to tighten the screw that keeps the handle on the glass pot- minor. The programmable feature is wonderful if you like waking up to the smell of fresh coffee brewing.

Mr. Coffee 4-cup is perfect for families with 1 coffee drinker

We all know that too much coffee is terrible for the body in several ways. So, instead of using the 12-cup coffee maker, we decided to go with a smaller one - to force me to drink less coffee. I love this product for a number of reasons. Pros: - Perfect size for a single coffee drinker. - Timer is great. Every other 4-cup maker that I found were switch based without a timer setting. Timer settings are really helpful when you want to just get your coffee and go. - Easy to clean. This product has a removeable filter cup for easy cleaning. Also, the auto-pause in brewing is helpful to both allow for quick removal and less spilling. Cons: - It takes a little longer to brew 4 cups with this maker as it does in a larger maker. This may simply be due to the size of the product. It takes up little space and I also use it to boil water to make teas. Great for a college student and nifty enough to use. makes coffee just fine, but the weird thing is that the clock on the front loses about 1-2 minutes per day. After a while this clock gets seriously behind. At first I would readjust it every couple of days, but then I gave up so this thing never reads the correct time.

I loved this coffee pot

from Glen Burnie, Me

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Multiple Settings

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I loved this coffee pot. I only say "loved" because somehow my visiting Aunt killed it and replaced it with a cheap one. I loved that it was so easy to clean and program. I want to buy another one

Best kept secret!

from Jacksonville, Florida

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have never thought about purchasing a small coffee pot until the day I looked at my countertop and got MAD. There was no space for me to put a plate down on the counter, so I did a major clean sweep by getting rid of "stuff". The coffee pot had to go as well, it was big and took up a lot of space. I choose this one because of the size, style and the ability to program it, coffee stays hot for hours, super easy to clean, I love the ability to use my counter space without having to move the coffee pot!

Mr. Coffee coffee

from Pa

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use
      • Large Pot
      • Stylish

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

the best thing about Mr. Coffee coffee pots are their durability , they last forever . i have had my latest one for going on 5 years.

Love

from Otsego mi

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Use
        • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Hard To Clean
        • Small Pot
        • Ugly Design

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I drink coffee all day every day and though its small it works well just kinda ugly and hard to clean

Wakes me up to the delicious aroma of coffee

from San Francisco, CA

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Stylish

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love setting this coffeemaker to brew coffee ahead of my wake-up time. Makes getting up easier! And 4 cups is just the right size for me.

I bought this for my daughter

from Baxter, TN

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Multiple Settings
        • Stylish

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this for my 19-year-old daughter. She has moved out and in with her boyfriend that will become my son-in-law in October. It's easy to program, understand and works fast! It's perfect, light weight and works great. It would also be a great addition to any college student. If you work in an office, this would be perfect for a single person to have in their office or cubical.

Handy Dandy Little Coffee Maker

from Chicagoland, IL

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Durable
          • Easy To Clean
          • Easy To Use

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this little coffee maker for 3 reasons.

1. I am the only coffee drinker in the family and I never need more than 3 cups at a time.
          2. I can easily program the coffee maker to start brewing just when I'm ready for my morning breakfast.
          3. Mr. Coffee is a brand I've purchased many times in my life and it's a brand I appreciate for its dependability.

Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable really fit the bill. My morning cups of java are always the perfect temperature when finished brewing. Never too cool; never too hot. It brews all of my flavors and brands of coffee, quickly and reliably. I never have scattered coffee grounds floating in the bottom of the pot, or messy clumps leftover to clean in the brewing basket. The beauty of its simplicity is that I can either program it to start when I get out of bed in the morning, or I can just quickly brew a cup whenever I happen to feel like it. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles to operating this coffee maker. It's quick and easy for me to clean either by hand or in the dishwasher.

Overall, I'd say that this is the perfect choice for anyone who just wants a routine, occasional, or a small amount of coffee brewed easily and dependably every time. I love my little handy dandy coffee maker.

Great and Inexpensive!

from Elko, Nevada

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
          • Easy To Clean
          • Easy To Use
          • Large Pot

Cons

• Ugly Design

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffee pot when my fancier and expensive coffee pot broke and I needed a quick and cheap replacement until I bought the replacement for the broken one. I was actually surprised at how nice this coffee pot is. It brews really quickly, the coffee stays nice and hot inside, and it is so easy to clean up. The price of this pot is also a huge benefit, it is relative cheap compared to many others, and for the price you pay, you get a quality product that will be perfect for everyday or occasional use. My only real con about this pot is that it is kinda large and bulky or oddly shaped. It sits weird on my counter, so it definitely loses one star for that. It looks kind of unappealing as well, it just does not have that smooth and sleek design that I am looking for in a coffee pot, but having an unappealing outside is not the most important thing to me, the overall quality of the product has been fantastic.

Quality coffee with a little effort

from Philadelphia PA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I drink coffee every morning to wake up for my day and I really enjoy the coffee from this coffee maker. The coffee never tastes water down or badly brewed and the coffee grounds never get in the brew (which could also be the filters but hey I think the coffee maker really helps as well). But I also don't want to go through all the hassle of the coffee maker in the morning when I am rushing to get ready for work, so its very easy for me to simply pur the ground coffee beans in and push a button and in no time at all my coffee is being brewed and ready to be consumed. One feature i really like in the hot plate. The plate under the coffee mug is warmed/hot to keep the pot warm so that the coffee stays warm for a longer amount of time without having to re-heat it. This one is not only easy to work and lasts forever!, but it also makes great coffee fast, the coffee is ready within 5 minutes which is all the time I have when I'm rushing out the door.

A great coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have to say I am extremely impressed with Mr. Coffee four cup programmable coffee maker. I like that this particular coffee maker is small so it easily fits on my counter top. I also like that this machine was very affordable. I was really interested in purchasing a programmable coffee maker but they were all so expensive but I got this particular one for an excellent price. The programmable feature works great. On the mornings I have to wake up very early it's nice to have my coffee already waiting for me. I also feel that this particular coffee maker is so easy to clean. I would highly reccomend this coffee maker to anyone that likes the programmable feature.

Brew Performance
          The brew performance is excellent.

This machine is very easy to keep clean.

It's very easy to use!

I particularly love the design because it's so compact and does not take up a lot of space.

A very durable coffee maker.