View more teapots

Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Mr. Coffee Fresh Tea, the tea drinkers dream.

After going through hundreds of store bought tea gallons and a few different methods of tea making this is by far the most convenient way to keep tea in the fridge. It's easy to clean and use and brews in about 10 mins. With an adjustable dial you can completely control the strength of your tea. I would suggest it to anyone.

Quick and easy brewing.

Safety
I've never had an issue with the brewer.

All you have to do is run a little vinegar through it as if you were brewing the tea and voila! Clean!

After making a mistake and putting two cups of sugar into the back with the water I completely clogged the hoses and blew one off the heating element in the bottom. I was able to unscrew the bottom and put the hose back on as well as unclog the hoses and re-screw the bottom cover. Durable? I'd say yes.

I do have two complaints. One being that it doesn't brew more tea at one time, though 3 quarts may seem like quite a bit to the average person. The second and the biggest complaints is the lie in the in instructions stating that you can put the sugar in before brewing where you put the tea bags. It simply clogged the spout.

Good tea but cumbersome pitcher

We used this iced tea maker for years, even after the pitcher cracked.  It makes great iced tea with bags and makes it quickly.  The positives are that you can make a great pitcher of iced tea within minutes and you can pick how strong you want the tea using a dial on the front, it's a Mr. Coffee which is a reliable brand and it's inexpensive.  Some of the things I didn't care for were the bulkiness of the pitcher and the fact that it's all plastic.  It took up alot of space in my refrigerator so I ended up pouring the 3 quarts of tea into a different pitcher.  The basket is plastic so it picks up the smells of tea so be sure to scrub the basket and pitcher very well if you like to make chai or flavored tea once in awhile or the regular tea may have an off flavor for a few brews, at least that's what happened to us.  Our pitcher eventually cracked and would leak if you tried to pour out of it (which wasn't often because like I said it is a bulky pitcher so I would transfer it to a different one).  It lasted us for over 4 years and we brew iced tea at least once a day so I would recommend it especially if you are looking for a reasonably priced tea maker that makes delicious tea.

Mr. Coffee Fresh Tea, the tea drinkers dream.

Quick and easy brewing.

Safety
I've never had an issue with the brewer.

• Safety:

Not bad. Leaked occasionally.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

I bought this tea maker because I wanted a quicker and easier way to make tea since I was going through it so quickly. This tea maker is nice in theory but I found that on more than one occasion I did not push the pitcher up far enough and would walk away and come back to a counter full of tea.

• Safety:

Great machine and tasty tea in a hurry - until a pitcher cracks

from East Peoria, IL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

I loved this tea  maker.  I used it for about 4 years until it finally had to be put out of its misery.  It's a great tea maker if you want freshly brewed iced tea in a hurry.  It's easy to clean and easy to use.  After using it daily, I began to find things that I didn't care for which hopefully will not deter you from purchasing, just make you aware.  My pitcher cracked and it still could be used to brew tea however we had to transfer the iced tea to a different pitcher to prevent spilling while getting a drink.  It also took up alot of my counter/storage space.  The tea maker and the pitcher itself have a cumbersome design. One time I made chai tea in it and the taste lingered even after washing the filter & the pitcher; it took quite a few washings to get rid of the taste.

The filters are hand washed, the carafe can go in the dishwasher and the reservoir gets cleaned with regular household vinegar and water. Very easy to clean and maintain.

We make tea every day and it is still working great.

This iced tea maker can blend in with any kitchen decor and is easily stored on the counter or in a cabinet.

• Safety:

Makes tea fast but needs work

from Alexandria, LA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

I love how fast it makes the tea. I hate how there is still water in the container after the tea is made. You had better remember to dump the water out or mold will grow. Didn't know it was broke and didnt dump the water out so my machine molded!  Now every time I use it I have to wait for most of the water to run through and then add more water to the tea maker. The maker started having this problem about 3 months after getting it for Christmas. I do still use the Tea Maker but the whole reason for owning this is fast tea and not it takes forever.

Most dependable appliance I have ever owned.

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

I have lived in my house for 16 years. One of the first kitchen appliance I bought was a Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker. I don't like canned or bottled iced tea, nor do I like sugar or lemon in my iced tea.  I drink about two gallons a week, and it is all because of the Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker.  It has been used at least twice a week for 16 years, and has never given me a day of trouble.  We have replaced all other appliances in the kitchen, big and small, some more than once.  But my iced tea maker just continues like it is still brand new.  With this kind of durability, maybe it should be endorsed by Cal Ripken Jr. instead of Joe DiMaggio.

Keeps my tea-guzzling family supplied with perfect iced tea!

from Prattville, AL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

My family loves to drink iced tea, especially my husband, who can make short work of a pitcher full of iced tea! I was raised all over the country (navy brat), but never really learned the art of iced tea. I married my husband, a true southerner, and this wedding gift was definitely what I needed. It makes short work of brewing a pitcher of iced tea and can easily be customized by the size/number of tea bags you use, amount of sugar, etc. This gadget is worth its space on  my counter!

Worth it

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

I got this for making iced green tea which, other than coffee, is all I drink. It works very well, although one time I used it I did set it up wrong and it leaked all over my counter. Other than that one time though it's been great. I just got one for my mother in law for christmas and I think that it is reasonably priced.

Does Not Do All It Says

from Libertytown, MD

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

I bought this Mr. Coffee Ice Tea Maker about a month ago. I got it cause of making a lot of ice tea on the stove in a pan of hot water. I do like it but there are a couple of things it does not do. It does not empty out all the sugar in the basket, plus I have it set on strong and it does not make the tea that strong either. I do still use it but now I take some hot water and melt it first then put into pitcher. As of the strongest, next time I am going to take the tea bags and take out the tea leaves and put them in basket that way to see if it will get strong. Of course I will use a liner.I hope that will work better.

Great tea maker!

from Wentzville, MO

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

If you love tea and would love a easy, convinient way to make it this is the machine. My mom always made tea by heating up water in the microwave, then throwing in tea bags, then coming back a while later and mixing in the sugar water and tea. This machine does all those steps for you, all you do is the initial set up. It is easy to use and makes great tasting tea in a short amount of time. It is easy to clean up and comes with a pitcher that you use to make your tea and then easily use to pour and store your tea. The only thing that would be a great addition to this would if it came with two pitchers we usually go through the first quickly and it would be great to have an additional pitcher brewing so it would be ready.

Mr. Coffee's tea maker is the best EVER!!

from Sears, MI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Ice Maker/Tea Maker:

I am so in love with the Mr. Coffee 3 Quart Iced Tea Maker. We make a thing of tea almost every single day. It makes the tea so fast. I normally start it when I start dinner and its done way before dinner is. it uses normal tea bags. The tea maker is really inexpensive. Its easy to use(fill and touch a button). It comes right clean, sometimes a little bleach water to get out the tea stains. It has two pour spout things. One to get ice and one not to get ice. Taking the pitcher away from the tea maker to early can result in a huge mess, you have to wait a few minutes after its done spitting the water on the tea bag so all the water is drained out. We do have trouble with our ice maker keeping up with our ice tea drinking so we do have to buy ice from time to time. I personally believe the tea tastes better than sun tea or other tea's. I have a feeling most of my family would agree.

My grandpa was so impressed with our tea maker when he seen it(it was cute)