Other Coffee Makers:

Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine

Pros

Cons

Frappes At Home

Whoever invented this is my best friend!!! I am such a fan of this little machine. First, it fits in my small galley kitchen which is awesome, second it brews 20 oz cups which is enough to fill my huge coffee mug. The brew is always perfect and I am saving so much money at home instead of buying coffees at Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. I really have no issues with this. I would recommend putting down a paper towel though under your cup as sometimes when you take your cup away there may be a little more that will splash out, otherwise, this is FANTASTIC!

Brew Performance
This brews the perfect cup every time. I used to have a Keurig and I loved it but it was kind of a pain to take care of and the K Cups that I liked were really expensive. After about 2 months I noticed that it would brew at various temperatures, sometimes piping hot and sometimes a little too cool. The spout also got clogged with coffee grinds that would always end up in my coffee. That has not happened in the 4 months or so that I have had it - it is just a little too warm to drink when it comes out which gives me a a minute to add anything in that I need to. I also love that it will brew 20 oz so it will fit in my ginormous coffee mug.

Because it is small, all the pieces are small but it is still easy to clean. Sometimes it can be a little touch getting the lid off but I just apply light pressure and wiggle and it will come right off. The unit stays pretty clean on its own so you don't have to give it a deep clean every day. I usually just put a piece of paper towel down under my cup in case there is anything that drips or splashes. But usually when it is done brewing there won't be anything else to come through the spout.

You pretty much just have to push a button once it is all set up. I love it. I usually set everything up at night before I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning this is my first stop. I cannot function without caffeine so if I can get this to brew that early it is VERY simple.

This fits so well in my small kitchen which is a big bonus for me. I live in a small apartment and never thought I could have a machine like this in my home since they are usually huge and require a lot of counter space I just don't have. This fits right on the counter and I can even put it away if I need the extra space. It is lightweight and also super easy to clean.

I use this every day at least twice per day and it still works great. Every time it is brewed exactly the same and it is the perfect temperature too.

Nice, but unnecessary

I'm not very big on regular coffee, but give me a frappuccino or any kind of iced coffee drink and I'm happy. This seemed like the perfect machine to have in place of a regular coffee pot on our counter. After finding it on sale, I grabbed it as a Mothers Day present to myself. After trying out quite a few recipes and adjusting them to our liking, we made a handful of various drinks. This machine IS very convienent. No need to dig out both a coffee pot and a blender. However, for me that wasn't enough.

The blender part wasn't any better than our other blender and because we never had crushed ice on hand meant it didn't do the best job with them. It did make a bit of a mess since there is a hole in the lid where the coffee drips into the cup. And yes, it's loud. It scared the bejebus out of my kids and caught me off guard almost every time even though I was expecting it.

Overall, it's nice that it pulses and does everything on it's own but not nice enough for the extra expense of buying another kitchen gadget.

Didn't think I'd use it, now I can't go without it.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

I got this Mr. Coffee Café Frappe as a gift during my first year of college. I thought that it would be too hard to use and since I am quite addicted to coffee and Starbucks I had my doubts that this would make anything of quality. I am very glad that I was completely wrong! It comes with a small booklet with a few recipes already in it. This is the perfect little system because it not only brews the coffee for the frappe but it also blends and makes the frappe. It is completely fool proof and fun to use. I have experimented with many different recipes and it is fun finding and creating new ones as well. I would end up making them in the morning for the girls in my dorm to go to class with. They were thrilled and surprised that I have my own coffee shop in my own room now. I have found it easy to clean which is very important. It also does not take up a lot of room and is easy to store. I would recommend this to any and every coffee lover.

Frappes At Home

from Boston, MA

Reliable, good Frappe machine

from Evanston, IL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

The Mr. Coffee Frappe maker is a good product and I would have given it a ten if it were quieter. This product is so loud that it makes my dogs and cats completely freak out when I run it. Other than that, this is a good and convenient product if you are a fan of iced, blended coffee drinks. You can also make ice cream drinks/shakes, with or without coffee.
This product was simple to figure out how to get it set up and ready to go. It is kind of like a coffee maker and blender in one. Another thing that would be good is if they made this product a bit larger. It does blend enough for one large drink, but it would be nice if it was like a full blender size so you could make drinks for many. I have had this product for about 3 years now but I must admit the thrill was gone after I used it for about six months and now it mostly sits on the shelf. If you are a person who likes to drink frappe-style drinks very frequently, this is a very good purchase because you will get your money's worth out of this - especially if you usually go to a higher end coffee place!

Inexpensive Frappes!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

Overall, I think this product is great. However, the frappes do not always taste as good as what you can buy from Starbucks, for example, but if you find a good recipe it is completely worth it. It even comes with a recipe book for you to try out different blends, even some alcoholic beverages.

Brew Performance
Brews just the amount needed for the frappe. Seems to brew a perfect cup with regard to boldness of coffee.

No more cleaning than a standard coffee pot - take out the filter and wash the blender.

Super easy to use. The measurements on the side of the blender make it easy to measure out ingredients.

Slim designs allows it to fit in small spaces. It's a little tall though, so it does not fit easily under my top cupboards.

It seems pretty durable, although it is super loud when it is blending and scares the crap out of me every time, although it does flash to warn you when the blending process is slated to begin.

Mr. Coffee Frappe Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

The Mr. Coffee Frappe maker is a wonder product!!! It makes great Frappe's. Make sure you add whip cream on top. It is easy to use and it includes a recipe book that is very helpful when trying to figure out what to start making first. I am so glad that we purchased it the Mr. Coffee Frappe Maker.

Mr. Coffee Frappe Machine

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

I love the Mr. Coffee Frappe Machine. I received this item as a Christmas gift two years ago. As soon as I opened the gift, I tore the box open so I could use it right away. I have used it nearly every single day since. It is very easy to use. The machine even comes with a book of recipes you can use to make different flavors of frappes.

great coffee maker!!

from Alabama

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

The Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine BVMC-FM1 is a great coffee maker! The brew performance of this coffee/frappe machine is great - my cup of coffee always turns out nice and great-tasting. The Mr. Coffee cafe frappe machine is very easy to use, and it does not take very long at all to make your 20 ounce cup of coffee. This coffee maker machine is very easy to clean after using it, and the slim, sleek design of this Mr. Coffee coffee/frappe machine allows for easy storage in your kitchen, especially if you have limited storage room in your kitchen. The coffee making machine seems to be very durable, I have only owned the product for about 5 months but it is working extremely well and still going strong. The price for the Mr. Coffee frappe machine is reasonable. I recommend the Mr. Coffee Cafe Frappe Machine to anyone looking to make single servings of coffee for one person!

• Brew Performance:

Delicious frozen coffee drinks at home!

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

The Mr. Coffee Frappe Maker is an easy, economical way to make your favorite frozen blended coffee drinks. The All-in-one system is awesome- no need to brew coffee first and then add it to the blender- once you load everything in, it does all the work for you. The recipe book gives you great ideas and a wonderful starting place to begin creating your own quality frozen drinks. The ice is effectively blended, as long as you have the correct amount of liquid, and it is quite easy to use. However, when the machine begins the blending process after it brews the coffee, it doesn't give any warning before the loud blender blasts begin, giving us quite a start every time. If you watch the machine, it gives you light cues that it's about to begin, but if you are busy doing other things, be prepared that it is LOUD! It does make great drinks though, so the one con is easily overlooked! The recipe book that comes with it is full of great ideas, as well!

• Brew Performance:

Quick and easy frappes at home!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

My stepdaughter requested this machine last year for Christmas. She likes iced coffee drinks from Starbucks, but they are neither convenient nor cost effective to enjoy on a regular basis. We love this machine and have used it regularly for a year now.

Brew Performance
We are not too picky about our coffee, but I don't think you need top notch coffee for a blended drink.

You can just whirl a little soapy water around and this machine is ready to go.

This is fully automatic. You put in the coffee and water in the top, like most coffee makers. Next, you add the milk (dairy or nondairy), ice and flavor to the pitcher and press start. The coffee brews and drips into the pitcher, and the blender starts when the coffee finishes brew.

The only negative about the machine is that it is very loud while it blends the ice. However, it does crush the ice really well.

The only reason I gave this a 4 is because we have only had it for a year. However, two of us use it regularly and have had no trouble with it.

great

from La Puente, CA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 20-Ounce Cafe Frappe Machine:

This was a christmas gift, and I had been wanting something like this so I could get the same type of drink that I was buying at coffee shops here at home. I can honestly say the drinks this makes are just as good. This little machine works so great, I love it. It is very simple to use and the results great. I will say that the only thing I do not like is it is not dishwasher safe. It has to be washed by hand. Also, it is rather tall, so if you have lower cabinets it will probably not fit underneath them. I did find that when using a big amount of ice Cream with it, you do need to grind a bit longer, to get everything ground completely. The blades are very sharp and do and blend things well. We have used several different flavors of ice cream, so you are not limited to the ideas that come with the recipe book, but its nice to have it to get started. You will have to purchase small coffee filters for your machine as they are not included with the purchase. If your a frappe lover like I am, this is an awesome buy.