Other Specialty Appliances:
TM1
Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker

Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker

Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker is affordable way to make tea at home

I love my Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker. Iced tea is a mainstay in my home. It can get expensive to constantly purchase gallons of iced tea at the grocery store and this is a great way to save money. You can add your own flavors to suit your mood and for variety at a fraction of the cost. It doesnot take much time and is super easy. The cost of the Mr. Coffee TM1 Iced Tea Maker is reasonable as well. You can purchase your base flavor of tea and go wild with your imagination with added flavors. Bonus...now health experts are saying green tea (and tea in general) is good for you.........

I owned two and would never use another

I received the Sunbeam Mr. Coffee TM1 2 quart Ice Tea Maker as a birthday present and at first I loved it. It was very easy to use and also very convenient but, after about three months, it started leaking from somewhere and i tried to figure out where but, had no luck. The bad thing about tea is that is leaves such nasty stains on countertops and is very hard get rid of if not cleaned up right away. I just figured that i had possibly gotten a defective or poor quality product which, sometimes happens, no big deal, so i threw it out and set out in search of a new one as the whole family loved this small appliance. After a few weeks of searching, I found the same model that i had received as a gift originally, and on sale i might add- Yeah! Of course, i purchased the ice tea maker and headed home, ready to make some tea. Everything was wonderful and it worked great but, after a few months it started leaking or dripping this time. I gave it one final shot of cleaning it thoroughly and trying to find where the problem could be and during my inspection, I found nothing to explain why it wasn't working properly. As a little bonus, I thought well at least i have a pitcher but, after time, that cracked all the way down the side. In my opinion it's fool me once, shame on you and fool me twice, shame on me!! I wasn't about to be disappointed for a third time so in my opinion this small appliance wasn't worth the hassle for me and my family.

pleasantly surprised

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

I got this as a Christmas present, and at first thought it was pretty lame considering I had always just made hot tea. After using it once, I fell in love! The tea is brewed very quickly and has the perfect taste. On mine you can even change the brew strength! Great product, convenient, beyond easy to use. I recommend giving this as a gift to your fellow tea lover

Ice Tea Brewer

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

I really liked this product. It makes great pitchers of iced tea. I found that it was a bit hard to clean, however, and I also found that you can find iced tea bags that brew themselves if you just put them in cold water, which makes the need for this item obsolete.

Great tea maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

This is the easiest way to make tea. Easy to clean and it taste great.

After putting in your water, which is easily labeled on the side of the pitcher, you just add your tea bags, and press start. Walk away, and after a few minutes, the tea is done! It really is that easy.

Safety
This tea maker is so easy to use, my daughter has been making tea in it since she was 8 years old:)

There is litteraly no mess to clean up. After making your tea, you just trow out the used tea bags and wash out the filter basket. When you are ready to serve the tea, pour tea into your glasses from the enclosed pitcher. After the pitcher is empty, you only need to wash one serving pitcher. No need to pour your tea into a separate pitcher.

Very sturdy plastic pitcher. With the side carrying handle, it is very easy to transport from the counter, to the table, to the refrigerator.

The size is rather large, but it should easily slide under your wall cabinets. I have no problem with the size, because of the many times I use my maker. We make at least one gallon of tea a day.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

love it, I cannot go with out brewed tea, it's my coffee. I even use it without tea bags when I need hot water for hot cocoa. I received my first tea maker in 1992 as a wedding gift and would never go without one! The cleaning of this product is easy and it is light weight.

Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker works great!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

This is a well designed and reasonably priced appliance.

Works well and quickly - makes great tea!

No issues!

Quick cleanup and pitcher is dishwasher safe!

We have used this tea maker for three summers now without incident.

Well designed and manufactured - wish there was a stainless steel version to match rest of appliances (keep it in the cupboard when not in use).

Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

Once you figure out your exact sweetness and how strong you want the tea, This product almost does the rest for you. Insert a tea/coffee filter, add your tea bags & sugar. Fill the pitcher with ice. Last pour water into the back of the ice tea maker (similar to making coffee). when the last of the water comes through the filter into the pitcher, there is only one step left: add your lemon slice, umbrella, or straw and enjoy!

This product has never let me down. Follow instructions and you will always get a great pitcher of ice tea.

Safety
It has the short cord feature and I have never had any safety issues at all.

hand wash or dishwasher the removable parts (mostly the pitcher) After it has cooled down, I use a damp washcloth to wipe down. the main part of the iced tea marker. There are instructions that tell you exactly how to clean your tea maker.

I've had mine for 10 years and it still works as good as when I got it.

It looks like a coffee maker with a tea pitcher instead of a coffee pot.

Love this Tea Maker!

from Rustburg, VA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

We bought this since we drink a lot of tea in the summertime and it is so easy to use! It's easy to clean and it doesn't take a lot to clean in between uses. You just clean it like a coffee maker! You use either vinegar or coffee maker cleaner. I have used this for regular black tea and green tea and since you use ice in the brewing process, the tea is ready as soon as the brewing process is done!

Cheap and Essentially Useless

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

When I saw this in the store I thought it was a great idea, but I ended up having to throw it out because it was so useless!

I love the idea of having iced tea brewed right into a pitcher that can be stored in the fridge. Unfortunately, this was cheap and badly designed.

The pitcher is flimsy and has an annoying, ill-fitting lid which makes pouring the iced tea a messy chore.

The other thing I experienced was horrible staining of the machine and pitcher. I realize that I am brewing iced tea so one would expect some staining of the cheap plastic material but this just made everything look dirty all the time so you weren't sure if it was tea stains or some sort of freaky mold growing in the nooks and crannies. And this was only after a matter of less than a month!

The brewer itself was cheaply made and felt very wobbly and, well, cheap.

I was not impressed with this and after a few weeks of struggling with it I ended up throwing it out. I really cannot recommend this at all.

Love it

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

Great for an iced tea addict like me. I have used mine weekly for the last six years.

This machine consistently makes good iced tea.

Safety
The water heats up to a hot temperature so the blue basket which catches the hot water can get quite hot when handled. It is best to leave the blue basket in the pitcher until it cools a bit before taking it out to pour the iced tea.

The pitcher and blue parts are dishwasher safe and also easy to clean by hand. The white part is easy to wipe down. The blue basket does have grooves at the bottom which can be hard to thoroughly clean if not cleaned regularly but a scrub brush can get it clean.

The pitcher is made of a hard thick plastic and is very durable. Tea will stain the plastic after awhile though despite thorough cleaning.

The design is very simple but effective. It is a compact machine that does not take up much room in a cupboard or on a counter.

love mr coffee

Comments about Mr. Coffee 2-Quart Iced Tea Maker:

i absolutly love the mr coffee iced tea maker. i can make up my afternoon tea within minutes. it has an on/off indicator light and the removable steeping basket makes cleaning it really easy. my afternoon tea is a must every single day so i could not function without this product. i make a batch of tea every other day and stick the pitcher in the fridge with some ice cubes. you do have to make sure that the pitcher is just right under the brewer properly or else you will have a big ol mess. i dont have any complaints with this iced tea maker. it is a very reasonable price. and it is an alright size for storage. as much as i use this thing the pitcher did start cracking on me . but i just put in an order for a replacement pitcher which was sent to me immediately. i guess i did kind of expect for it to crack after some time. it is plastic. and this thing is pretty cheap. but it works great and things do wear out if you use them all the time.