3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Simplest coffee machine I've ever used

Overall it is a very simple machine. So simple that I believe it is impossible for you to go wrong with it.

Brew Performance
The brew is kind of average....Read complete review

Brew Performance
The brew is kind of average. I'm pretty sure if you used a more expensive coffee maker you would get a better brew, but it works if you just want a regular old cup of joe in the morning.

I clean my coffee maker every time I use it, that's how easy it is. I only use it a couple of time a week but it's pretty self explanatory on how to clean it.

You literally put the coffee in a coffee filter and place it in its compartment and then put the amount of water you want to have (how many cups of coffee you want), and then turn the switch on. That's it! It's so easy, my 2 year old daughter could probably operate it, even though I would not let her operate a coffee pot.

It doesn't have any bells and whistles. It makes coffee and that's it. If you are looking for something that tells the time and will beep and turn off by itself this is not for you then.

I have had mine for about 5 years and I use it a couple of times a week and it is still working just as it did 5 years ago. Very durable.

Plain Jane but brews a pot!

Why mediocre, well, it is... It does indeed brew a whole pot, but this is my back up pot and traveling coffee maker. I prefer to have a coffee maker that does brew by the pot, not use expensive k cups, and allows me to just have a plain cup of coffee. However, I prefer a pot that has automatic brew, this does not, automatic shut off, this does not, and pour evenly out of spout, again, this does not. It does make fast coffee easy to make while camping, and it's hot plate does keep my brewed coffee hot, but this is one of the plainest coffee makers to get, and I really only recommend it for what I use it for and for those who plan to be a hostess to a coffee drinker. I do like that the pot itself is easy to find a replacement for, and that also makes it excellent for those that are storing it away for infrequent use... Otherwise, for the those of us that regularly enjoy a whole pot, step up a grade, and for those that want more coffee house taste and expensive k cups, well, you know what to do!

It's fast, but not programmable

It is easy to clean, use vinegar and water if you want to clean the inside water lines

Would be higher rated if it brewed when I told it to rather than with a switch, hehehe

rather compact, but that's due to lack of features?

Easy to find replacement pots, and they have made a long lasting product here!

As Simple As Coffee Making Gets

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is easy and simple. If you are looking for something to make easy and fast coffee, this item is right for you. If you want a high-tech coffee machine, you better steer clear of this one.

Brew Performance
The Mr. Coffee brews coffee fast and easy. If you are looking for a high quality brew though, you might want to look for another coffee maker.

All you basically have to clean is the pot in which the coffee goes in to. Just put it in water and add soap. Extremely easy and fast to clean.

Like I mentioned before, the Mr. Coffee is really easy to use. Just add a filter, fill in the coffee, add water, and start the machine.

A simple, yet nice, sleek design. The maker is made out of plastic and has a generic look to it.

Even though this coffee maker is made of plastic, it holds up suprisingly good. I used it for a pretty good amount of months. I also droped the coffee pot and it did not break which is always a plus.

Good Coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

Makes excellent coffee. Comes with a basket that comes out, still need filters.

Brews coffee fast (about 10 to 15 min) and taste great. Easy to fill

The glass decanter is easy to clean. The basket is like most coffee brewers a little hard to get in between the grooves but overall not a difficult task I think if you washed it regularly in a dishwasher the basket would stay clean

Very easy to use water fill indicators on side of maker and glass. Basket comes out for paper liner and easy to fill with desired amount of grounds

Very clean smooth design and looks good on a counter Black does show dust and if you live in a dusty area it will need to be wiped down regularly. I think the white one would show dirt and finger marks more so I would go with the black one.

Although it is mostly plastic the unit seems very durable. My only problem is the basket drip part it gets stuck and sometimes falls out. I have no problem popping it back into the basket, I did expect Mr. Coffee with all their years of the maker business not to have this problem.

• Brew Performance:

Great coffee maker for the money

from Trenton, TX

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

This Mr. Coffee is about as plain as you can get. It brews coffee, keeps it nice and hot, and is super easy to use.

Brew Performance
It brews the coffee pretty quickly and keeps the coffee at a good temperature. The basket is really easy to clean.

There is no problem cleaning this coffee maker. The basket removes easily to empty the used grounds and rinse. The hot plate cleans up fairly well after it has cooled.

This Mr. Coffee is about as simple as you can get. There are no extra bells and whistles. It just brews a good cup of coffee. Easy to fill the water reservoir and fill the basket with coffee.

As I stated before, it is a simple machine. But, it is made where everything needed to make a good cup of coffee is there. It fits nicely on the counter and the color is simple.

I use my Mr. Coffee several times a day and have had it for a few years. I bought it for a really good price and it has held up very well. I think it is probably better than one that has a lot of various features.

Leaks all over

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

This machine leaks every time you try to fill it up. If you buy this machine put a dish towel under it to keep everything on the counter from getting wet.

I prefer the glass pots because they are easier to keep clean. The one I have now has a metal one and it is hard to keep clean.

Very easy to use.

There had to be a design flaw that made it leak water all over my counter.

We had this model for less than a year before we had to replace it. We purchased a different model and we have had it for two years.

Simplest coffee machine I've ever used

• Brew Performance:

Basic coffee machine, nothing special.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

Mr. Coffee makes a basic coffee. Nothing too special, nothing to really complain about. Its easy and does its job.

Brew Performance
For the most part, the coffee is brewed fine. On occasion I have had problems with the filter getting bent and then spewing coffee grinds into my pot, but I'm thinking that is more my fault, and not that of the machine.

I just quickly wash the pot with soapy water, and every few months fill it in with white vinegar and water. It has been pretty simple to keep clean.

Anyone can make coffee in this. You dump in water, dump in the coffee grounds, and push a button.

The machine is larger than my older coffee machine, but doesn't seem too big. You can see the water levels on both sides, and it looks like a basic coffee machine. No fancy buttons or programs, just one basic on/off switch.

I have only had the Mr. Coffee machine for five months now, but it seems to be holding up rather nicely. I hope it continues making coffee without any problems.

Pleasantly Surprised

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

Most coffee makers do more than this one. It doesn't have any timers, grinders, or bells and whistles. For the price, however, this is a must have for the kitchen. In the Army and surely college dorms everywhere, it can double as a dinner appliance where ramen is a diet staple.

Brew Performance
Mr. Coffee is a long trusted name, and this coffee maker lives up to the reputation. One cannot expect a perfect brew out of a simple machine. It is reliable, stays hot, and we don't expect much more from it.

The coffee maker cleans up nicely but I would much rather have stainless steel. What really gives it the edge is the reusable mesh coffee filter in this model! It is convenient, clean, a money saver, and makes me feel like Mr. Coffee was a smart buy.

Anyone can run this machine. It is nice to have iced coffee and tea without complicated parts to operate.

Simplicity is best. There is nothing to do but add coffee and water. Then just press a button. You're done! I really love it.

I knocked it over and it still works. Mr. Coffee is my new kitchen sidekick.

• Brew Performance:

An excellent coffee maker at an excellent price.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

For those who have little cash to spend, but who still want a good cup of coffee, this is the coffee maker to buy. One simply adds four heaping tablespoons of ground coffee to the brew basket, twelve cups of water (by the cup indicator on the side of the carafe), and turns on the coffeemaker by the toggle switch on the front.

A mediocre coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker:

I owned this coffee pot for a few years, and made coffee from it pretty much every morning. I would say this is a mediocre, but it works, and you get what you pay for, kind of coffee pot. Its pretty basic, no settings or timers, just can on and off switch. I find that coffee ALWAYS drips onto my white tile floors when I open the lid or am pouring (NO idea where its coming from). The thing I liked least about this was that the water that sprayed over the grounds, sprayed only to one side and left 3/4 of the grounds dry most of the time! a BIG waste of coffee. If you want something to just have at the house for company or whatever, I would recommend this, but not for daily use.

Super easy to take apart and put in the dishwasher. I would recommend propping the top to air out the inside though, after use, as its sealed tight and could get bacteria growth

Only switch is and on and off one, no need to learn anything to use.

• Brew Performance:

Plain Jane but brews a pot!

from Stevens Point, WI

It's fast, but not programmable

rather compact, but that's due to lack of features?

Easy to find replacement pots, and they have made a long lasting product here!