3.8
Other Coffee Makers:
Mr. Coffee
BVMC CHX23
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black

Summary

Serve up plenty of hot, fresh coffee with this coffee maker’s 12-cup capacity. With the ingenious Delay Brew function you can schedule brewing up to 24 hours in advance.

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black

3.8

Pros

Cons

Best way to wake up in morning coffee ready and hot freshly brew

I love my new Black and decker coffee pot. Its base is smaller than my last unit so it takes less counter space. I love the fact that you can program the coffee to start brewing in the morning before you even get out of bed. Nothing beats the smell of fresh coffee to start your day. The machine is very easy to set and the unit is supper convenient to use. It fills very well due to the very large opening to add water. The filter tray functions very well swinging out easily when you need to change out grounds. The handle on the pot is very sturdy and allows even large hands to use it without getting burned hands touching glass.

Brew Performance
It brews very fast and water saturates all grounds in filter not just the ones directly under the water spout.

The pots washes crystal clear and the unit wipes down to look like new again, The glass on the pot seems thicker than my Mr Coffee makers pot I replaced this one for. I knocked it against sink twice already and still no cracks. Not implying its unbreakable none the less.

Glanced over the instructions prior to use, but could have brewed first pot without directions. Its that easy to operate.

Almost wish it were a little smaller or came in that option of being a 6 or 8 cup machine. I never make a full pot of twelve cups unless I have a housefull of company.

It seems incredibly durable because as I previously stated its hit the counters on more than one occasion and still hasn't shattered.

Lasted 2 Months

I've used a lot of coffee pots, and I have been making coffee since I was old enough to learn how. One would think that Mr. Coffee, a coffeemaker that has the word coffee in it's name, would make a better pot than this one. It's pause and serve feature, a feature that supposedly lets you take a cup of coffee while it's still brewing, leaks coffee onto the burner as you are getting your cup. The carafe drips as you pour since it has the world's worst pour spout of any pot I've seen. This is not for the heavy coffee drinker, but may be suitable for those who only drink a pot ever so often. Do not purchase this for an office where you'll be making several cups a day. It won't lost. Splurge for a good pot. Even Mr. Coffee makes better pots than this. Read reviews to find a good one.

Brew Performance
It makes a decent cup of coffee. I don't see a difference between a lot of coffee pots in the brewing. If you have good coffee and water and add the right amounts to suit your tastes, you can make a good cup in this pot. It brewed fine until it malfunctioned.

It's simple to clean. I cleaned everything using manufacturer's suggestions.

It's a basic programmable coffee maker. Instructions are clear and easy to understand.

The design needed more testing. The carafe lid when you pour will leak and spill on the counter. There are workarounds to this, but there shouldn't have to be.

It only lasted 2 months with frequent use. Did everything exactly as instructions stated.

Lasted 2 Months

Brew Performance

It's simple to clean. I cleaned everything using manufacturer's suggestions.

Mr. Coffee 12-cup Programmable Coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

Not one of my favorite Mr. Coffee products.

Brew Performance
The Mr Coffee did make excellent tasting coffee.

Hard water or well water left residue in the water dispenser, making it difficult to clean properly.

I am not a fan of the programmable feature. When the electricity goes out I had to refer to book to reprogram the coffee pot.

Mr. Coffee is pleasing to the eye and fits well in any decor.

Lasted me less than two months.

Best way to wake up in morning coffee ready and hot freshly brew

from Brookfield, IL

• Brew Performance:

Stopped working within just over a month after I purchased it.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

I bought this coffee maker on 11/2/13. On 12/11/13 I had to buy a new coffee maker because this one quit working. I cleaned it regularly and used it as instructed. The motor in it just quit. It quit brewing and heating. Honestly, I expected so much more from Mr. Coffee since my previous coffee maker was a Mr. Coffee and it worked wonderful and lasted quite a while and of course it was just a week past the end of the thirty day warranty. I would not recommend this coffee pot to anyone.

Brew Performance
Brewed great while it worked. I could brew a pot of coffee in about eight minutes.

Very easy to clean. There is no hard to get to places.

Very easy to use. It is pretty much self explanatory. Nothing fancy just a basic programmable coffee maker.

Great design but was not a fan of the water spout inside. The spout is a pain when it comes to setting up the coffee pot up to brew.

Obviously not very good since it only lasted just over a month.

Decent for the price.

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

This coffee pot maker is decent for the price. I have found that the consistency of the brewed coffee strength will vary even if the water and coffee grounds amounts remain consistent.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker is very inconsistent with its brewing. There are often days when a section of the coffee grounds are completely dry after brewing.

The parts all come apart easily and I like the way each can go in the dishwasher. The only drawback is the grooved base of the coffee filter holder. With time these grooves can be hard to clean and do need a decent scrubbing.

It is very easy to use, with a clear water level display. The clock set and delay start features are easy to set and to fix after unplugging or experiencing a power outage.

The black design is relatively sleek. The control panel gets easily scratched if using anything but a sponge to clean it.

The glass pot is tricky in that it can be easily broken, but replacements are easy to find. The brewing seems to become more inconsistent with time.

Dependable

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

For the price, this Mr. Coffee maker does the job. It does not come with some of the frills that other might, but if you want a simple pot of coffee, it works just fine. The brew time isn't lightning quick, but it's not slow as molasses either. The only thing I dislike about the brewer is that it can be awkward to pour the water into the basin, based on where it is located. However, that is just really grasping at straws. Overall, this machine does the job for me day after day.

Brew Performance
It makes a consistent brew time after time.

Everything removes easily and can be put through the dishwasher.

Overall, it is pretty to easy to use after a quick skim of the user's guide. I don't bother much with the clock or other settings. I just use it to brew my coffee everyday, which it does without much effort on my part.

The water basin can be awkward to pour into, but overall the design is good.

We use it everyday in the morning before work, and the machine never fails to brew.

• Brew Performance:

Great and Easy to use coffee pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

This coffee pot is very easy to use and programmable with clear buttons for minutes, hour, ect. Very reliable and easy to clean. I have owned my coffee pot for over a year and it still work great and coffee is made fairly fast. It also has the knob to make the coffee stop going into the coffee pot when the pot is removed so no mess that way with coffee all over the place.

Great coffeemaker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

Before I received a Keurig, I had the Mr. Coffee coffeemaker. I loved it. It was easy to use and make good coffee as long as you made at least 4 cups. If you made less, it just didn't taste right, but I don't think that is the machine's fault. It is easy to clean both the piece that holds the filter and the carafe.

Good Programmable Coffee Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

Overall this coffee maker is a great basic programmable unit. I hardly ever use the programmer, but it is very simple to set up. I use this coffee maker every day and have no complaints. It works great.

Brew Performance
It brews quickly and it brews well.

Cleaning is easy. To clean the unit, just brew hot water once a month. The parts also come out for easy cleaning in the dish washer.

Ease of use is very good. There is a brew button or you can program the unit very easily. It is self-explanatory.

It's designed well. It fits well on the countertop and under the cabinet. The buttons are easy to see and use. All the parts work well together. It is really a self-explanatory design.

It's durable. It has brewed hundreds of cups of coffee for me. All the parts are sturdy. The only problem I had is that one of the buttons sticks sometimes.

Love that it's programmable

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black:

I am not a big coffee drinker so I was looking for something large enough for when I have guests over but also something that was inexpensive since I would not be using it everyday. When looking for a coffeemaker I wanted one that was programmable and this seemed like a great buy. I bought it on sale and it is very easy to program and use. It makes great coffee and I can make less coffee if I only want one cup. I have not had any problems with it so far. It is not a top of the line coffeemaker but it fits in with my other kitchen appliances and decor and does not take up too much counter space. I would say that it is worth the price I paid and makes coffee in a decent amount of time.