2.9

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker

2.9

It's a decent coffemaker

from Dallas,TX

Pros

• 2 brew strengths
  • Analog clock thats brIght
  • Delay brew feature wIth alarm
  • DIfferent temperature settIngs

Cons

• Leaks
  • Water reservoIr Is narrow

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:

I've had this coffeemaker about a year now. It has it's pros and it's cons. I can honestly say that we have used it daily and several times a day. My husband is a coffee addict. It's a very sturdy machine and it's very appealing. I'll go into what I like and what I don't
    Likes- it has a nice sturdy handle
    It's very easy to clean
    It has an analog clock display that's bright
    You can choose a strong or regular brew
    It has several temperature settings. I like my coffee warm and my husband likes it super hot. This is a great feature.
    I also like the delay brew feature. I set it at night and the coffee is ready when I wake up. One less thing to worry about. It even has an alarm. So, these are all the features I like.
    The features I dislike are few. For one, the water reservoir is a little narrow. Pouring the water from the side caused me to spill it many times. Maybe I'm just clumsy. Also it tends to leak and I can hear it falling onto the burner. It's not a large amount, but it caused the burner to start peeling. Last, the top on the carafe broke and it was hard to pour into the cup without it leaking. I really don't find use for the filter. If you don't push the filter in completely your brew comes out weak.
    All in all, it's lasted a long time for as much as we've used it. It just has it's quirks.

• Was this a gift?:

Daily coffee drinkers, works great

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:

We have had for several years now. We liked the look of it, the make ahead function (which we hardly use now!) and large brew capacity. It does look nice on our counter and we have a small kitchen space. My husband and I prefer to share a pot of coffee (several cups) in the mornings together, therefore continue to prefer this over getting a single cup brewer. My husband also will brew daily and take large travel mug to work, saving a lot of money vs buying out or at work.
    A word on reviews about it leaking over counter-we encountered this issue a years into having it. I did a lot of research then to see what the problem may be. I saw frequently online complaints about this. And then finally a few reviews where it stated that you had to have the handle had to be turned to the extreme right! And some say it is in the instruction manual. I have yet to find it in the manual (yes I checked), however this helps a ton.. We have an occasional leakage, but not much and maybe forget about the handle placement. Not sure why this helps, but it does and was an easy fix, as we were not ready to get a new coffee maker.

Brew Performance
    Excellent coffee, don't need to use any cream or sugar, brews great coffee to user satisfaction

Easy daily cleaning, and I will do the occasional half vinegar/water mix to clean the inside out

Not complicated at all

Looks nice in counter, the clock lights up

Had several years, works like day we got purchased it

• Brew Performance:

works great

from Crossville, TN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:

I cannot live without my morning cup of coffee, my husband sets it so that I wake up to the aroma every morning, my Mr. Coffee 12 cup programmable coffeemaker is just wonderful, because you can program for when you will need it and it proves to be effective. it works well, easy to clean does not have to be 12 cups you can set it for whatever you need the taste of the coffee and the temperature are just right and turns itself off when it is programmed to do so, so if you are like me and tend to forget to turn off the coffeemaker then this is a plus and a must have, I am very happy with my Mr. Coffee Coffeemaker

Brew Performance
    easily programmable for your type of brew

very easy to clean and dishwasher safe

very easy to use with step by step directions

does not slip or leak

• Brew Performance:

Mr. Coffee Coffeemaker FTX41 is decent, but nothing special!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:

My husband and I bought this coffee maker a couple years ago. The reasons why we chose this specific model were because its black and stainless steel exterior matched our kitchen perfectly and because it was a decent price at Target. My husband drinks about four cups of coffee and I'll drink one too, so we couldn't really justify the need for a Keurig since the K-cups would cost so much for the amount of coffee we drink. Plus, it takes about a minute and a half to make a pot of coffee, so I don't really mind.

**Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker** offers the following features:

- Pause 'n Serve

- Strong/Regular brew strength options

- Easy to use timer

- Removable filter basket

- Self-Cleaning option

I make my husband coffee every morning, so I've had a lot of experience with this coffeemaker. We don't use the Pause 'n Serve feature often, but it is nice to have when you want coffee fast. I often set the "delay brew" timer so that his coffee is ready for him when he wakes up. The timer is very easy to use and it has always gone off when it's supposed to.

My only issues with the **Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker - FTX41 **is the water reservoir area and the fact that when I pour water into the reservoir or coffee from the pot, the pot seems to leak somewhere. It's not a big leak, it's just a couple drops, but still...I have to clean it up each time I use it. As for the location of the water reservoir location, it seems like it is too small and awkwardly located.

Unlike the other reviewers, I have never had a coffee leaking/spilling all over the counter experience...knock on wood! Every now and then I get coffee grounds in my coffee, but that is probably due to the coffee filter, so I can't place the blame on this machine.

Overall, this coffeemaker is just okay. It doesn't blow me away, but it doesn't have major issues either. If you want a decent coffeemaker that looks nice, this will do you just fine.

Mr. Coffee Programmable Coffee maker FTX41 unreliable; expensive

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:

I need my morning coffee or else I am unable to function.  I was in the market for a new coffee maker since the old one had seen its day!  I had the the new one, a Mr. Coffee Programmable Coffee maker FTX41 for a little over two months.  I was very happy with  it until the one morning when I poured water into the tank and all of the water drained out onto the counter.  I was very disappointed. Went out and purchased a very traditional Mr. Coffee maker.  Have had this one for over a year and not one problem.  The fancier and more expensive is not always the best!

The ftx 41 is a great looking model

from Navarre, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:

It looks great, it's 12 cups, easy to use and the biggest disappointments yet. I returned one already thinking it was a fluke, this one I'm returning it tomorrow.

It leaks just enough to make you wonder where, good luck finding the leak. It's not in pouring, I know that much. Two of us looked and looked...

I love the shape of the handle on the pot, it's easy on the hands. I also like the fact that the filter basket comes out so easy. The two hour shut off is hard to get use to when the one I have is a 3 hour, but I guess that's a pet peeve. I didn't notice a change in the nasty tasting tap water so I'd have to say the water filtration in the unit is useless.

I also have to say that cleaning the unit is no different than a pot that doesn't have it. You still have to put in and cycle the cleaner through, just like any other pot so I'm at a loss as to just what the special cleaning cycle option does...

It has a brew strength option of strong or regular, we didn't see a change from one setting to another, just one more thing to baffle me.

It's junk and I now know why it was clearanced out...

Coffee not hot enough and it leaks all over the counter

from Windsor, CO

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:

I bought this coffee maker 2 years ago when we remodeled our kitchen and I've been wanting to replace it ever since.  It looks great (I got the red one) and has lots of nice features.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work well at all.  I haven't replaced it yet due to the expense, but I'm looking forward to gettting a better one at some point.  I am so disappointed in this coffee maker.  I thought that since it was from Mr. Coffee it would be a high quality appliance.

The first issue I have with this coffee maker is that when the coffee is brewed, it is not hot enough.  I typically have to microwave the first cup I pour to heat it up after I add a little milk to it.  After the pot sits on the hot plate for some time, it does heat up to a good temperature and I don't need to microwave the coffee I pour after it has been sitting for awhile.  It's just crazy to me that the hot plate is at a higher temperature than the brewed coffee.

The other issue I have with it is that it leaks coffee on the counter EVERY TIME I use it.  The coffee leaks right under the coffee maker itself so I didn't notice it at first.  One day I moved the coffee maker to do a thorough cleaning of the counter and found crusted on coffee around where the feet of the coffee maker sit.  I now have a slight stain on our nice new counter top.  I thought at first that maybe I wasn't putting the carafe all the way in or I was inserting the filter basket crooked, but nothing I tried made any difference.  Now every time I make coffee I have to be sure and move the coffee maker across the counter and thoroughly clean the counter top and the bottom feet of the coffee maker.  Believe me, I am far from a clean freak but if I don't do this, it will build up and dry on the counter and possibly damage it further.

This is a very expensive, great looking piece of junk.  Don't buy it.