Other Coffee Makers:
Drip Coffee Makers
Mr. Coffee
CGX20
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

A dripless coffeemaker that, unfortunately, drips

My household really wanted a coffeemaker with a timer, so we bought this one, having owned Mr. Coffee coffeemakers for years. While it makes passable coffee (we're not coffee connoisseurs) it has two problems, and they were both problems with the last Mr. Coffee coffeemaker we owned, so we are considering buying a different brand next time. One problem is that the coffeemaker is not supposed to drip when you remove the carafe to pour a cup of coffee, yet it does drip. Another is that this dripping coffee, when burned onto the heating plate beneath the carafe, causes damage to the surface of the heating plate. So, although the Mr. Coffee line is affordable, this one is not as durable as I would like. Brew Performance Makes a basic cup of coffee. Ease of Cleaning The heating element starts to lose its coating when dripping coffee burns onto it. Ease of Use Great if you want a coffeemaker with a timer but don't want a fancy coffeemaker with lots of bells and whistles. Design The removable basket is easy to clean, and the coffeemaker has a clean design, not cluttered with lots of gadgets, buttons, and screens. Durability The heating element that the coffee carafe sits on gradually starts to lose its coating, probably because of the coffee dripping on it.

false

Great little coffeemaker

We don't drink a lot of coffee in our home but I bought this Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable coffeemaker to have when my parents come over. Often times my mom comes over and helps watch the kids for me and when she does I always brew a pot of coffee for her. This coffeemaker is very easy to use which is great for me. I like that there is a fill window on the side so I can see exactly how much water I'm putting in. This is great if I want to brew less than 12 cups. My mom has told me it makes great tasting coffee and the coffee is always nice and hot. It has a nice design that would look great even sitting out on the counter if I wanted. Brew Performance Seems to brew the coffee very quickly. Ease of Use Very easy to use even for someone like me who doesn't make coffee very often. Design I like the design and the way this coffeemaker looks. I don't have it sitting out on my counter but could if I really wanted since it looks so nice.

Great Coffeemaker

Just about everyone requires a daily dose of coffee and my family is definitely included in that. When our old coffee maker broke and we found ourselves in need of a new one we came across the Mr.Coffee 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker. First of all, I have to say that I love the programmable feature! You can just set it the night before and you get fresh coffee in the morning, it is that simple! To be honest, now that I haved owned a coffee maker with this feature, I do not think I would ever want to live without it. Also, the price is reasonable, it looks nice and sleek on the countertop, and it is user friendly. Overall, a really great buy that I would recommend to friends.

Oswego, NY

Love this coffee maker

I got this coffee maker handed down to me from my sister who no longer needed it. She bought it for weekend company and didn't need it past that so I took it over, and I'm glad I did. It is very easy to use and is compact enough that it doesn't take up lots of room on my counter. It has a programmable clock so you can program it to start before you wake up or for after you get off work. There is nothing spectacular to its looks but really, how fashionable do you need your coffee maker? As long as it works and brews a cup of coffee properly you can't go wrong. I would definitely purchase this product if I had to, and I highly recommend this model to anyone who's looking for the perfect, affordable, coffee making machine.

true

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Easy to program, will keep the coffie hot for quite a while. Easy to lift lid to put the filter, coffie grounds and water in the top. Tends to drip coffie down even when you lift the coffie pot out expecially after you first brew the coffie. Brew Performance If on timer or brewing now the coffie will make on schedule, the coffie will be hot and the coffie will stay hot . Coffie dripping down after coffie brewed and you take the coffie pot out to pour coffie is not ideal. Ease of Cleaning The coffie pot will come clean with just the soap and water you are washing you dishes with or it is dishwasher sage. The base is easy to just wipe down and the basket you put your coffie filter in will come out for easy cleaning. Ease of Use Easy to program for time, special time you want brewing to start or just push a different button and you can make your coffie now and there is another button you can push to stop the maching from keeping you coffie hot if you do not want to wait for the automatic cut off of the maching. Design Fit nicely on the counter. Has a good look to it. The top part where you put you filter, coffie grounds and water just lifts right up with no catch. Durability Tough material. Does not seem to dent or fall apart easily. The coffie pot is made of some tough glass but I would not want to drop it.

Augusta, GA

true

Mr. Coffe CGX20 is a great, simple coffe maker.

The Mr. Coffee CGX20 coffee maker has been a great buy for me and for my family. I've owned mine for a couple of years now, and it's never let me down. It is easy to use plus very simple to understand from the first pot onward. I usually do not use the programmable brew time feature; however, when I do, it always comes on at the correct pre-programmed time. The carafe is easy to clean; the lid snaps off easily; and the brew basket is removable for a thorough cleaning. This coffee maker is easy enough to use that my son (age 11 now) has been brewing coffee for us for nearly 3 years now. I can't think of anything that would make a coffee pot easier to use! It brews a full pot in an acceptable amount of time, and the pot stays hot long enough to enjoy an extra cup or two if you want. I really appreciate the automatic shut-off feature. In conclusion, I recommend this coffee pot to any one who wants a simple coffee pot.

Beverly Hills, CA

Mr. Coffee Makes life easier

This Mr. Coffee programmable twelve cup coffee maker is definatly something worth buying. I bought mine as a christmas present for an avid coffee fan who refused to break away from the usual perkalator. Low and behold, he loves this! He set's the programmable timer for before he wakes up for work, and can stay in bed an extra ten minutes in the morning. Please also note that it has a very bright LED little clock on the top. This doubles as a small night light for the kitchen at night. It is extrememly easy to clean as well with the caraf being glass and easy to remove. All coffees work great in this thing as well. I actually got this on sale so it was an even bigger score. I also purchased one for myself which will be put to good use in the new place. It's pretty fancy and modern looking so I will not have a problem leaving it on the kitchen counter for my guests to see. I got one in black that has a bit of stainless steel on it.

Johnston, RI

Mr. Coffee Maker is Good not GREAT but Good

I asked for this product on my shower registry and got it! I love it because it is small... I am not big on all those large coffee makers... I am simple and all I need is a coffee maker to make me...coffee! I love that it is hard to understand and set so you can put the alarm on and it makes coffee as I am waking up. One thing that does bug me is that if I was making an entire pot of coffee I could remove the pot while it is still being brewed and I would not disrupt the making of it but now it does and sometimes spills on the bottom part which then you can hear make the noise. That is the only thing that bugs me now other then that I love my coffee maker and the coffee always comes out fine. People have told me that my coffee is really hot which is a plus because I have used coffee makers in the past that DO NOT get the coffee hot enough! Who wants coffee that isnt hot?! Be honest! Overall I recommend this coffee maker to everyone who just wants coffee nothing fancy!

Shelton, CT