Other Coffee Makers:

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

Affordable Coffeemaker

A nice looking, well designed, affordable coffeemaker. Mr. Coffee is an affordable brand coffee maker that brews well and makes good coffee, but has problems with durability. It is simple to use and easy to program. Mr. Coffee makes making coffee quick and easy.

Brew Performance
Mr. Coffee brews a consistent pot of coffee every time. All you have to do is insert the filter, add the coffee grounds, pour in the water, and turn it on. You'll have a fresh, steamy, hot pot of coffee in no time.

It's really easy to clean. the pot will simply rinse out and the only other part that would ever need cleaned is the part that hold the filter and grounds. It's easy to open up and wipe out. Doesn't get much easier. The glass decanter is also dishwasher safe if you prefer to wash it out that way.

Put the filter in, the grounds, and pour in you water. With a push of a button you'll have a pot of coffee. I like to have a cup of coffee as soon as I wake up so I prepare mine in the evening before bed and set the timer to start brewing five minutes before my wake up alarm. That way as soon I get up, my hot coffee is in the pot and ready for me. It's really easy to program and set to brew for the morning.

The stainless steel front adds a little style so it matches my other appliances. It looks good and doesn't take up very much counter space.

I seem to have issues with the durability of Mr. Coffee coffeemakers. I do use it several times a day, so maybe it's not designed to be used that much and I'm reaching full life expectancy in a year or year and a half. Maybe I need to buy a commercial grade coffee maker, but it would seem to me that it should last longer than it does. It's easily the small appliance I have to replace the most.

2 stars is pushing it

I purchase this Mr. Coffee item at Target. It as one of the cheapest in this style and with these features. I guess it is true money does buy happiness because this coffee maker is horrible. Do not waste your money - save it and buy a different brand)

It started of great first few times. It seemed to take a long time to brew. Over a couple weeks the thing kept getting slower and slower. To the point it took almost 1.5 hours to brew 8 cups of coffee.

I am also unable to get the correct size filter. They forgot to tell you in the book what kinds of filters to use DUH Mr. Coffee. And the 8 cups fit but seem to small and the larger sizes are the wrong shape and fit. I guess they want you to buy their permanent filter which I cant find in the stores either. They also forgot to tell you that in the book as well.

So anyways we cleaned the machine really good, following the instructions and repeating them often. But there is still no telling how long a pot of coffee will take with this machine. Could be 30 minutes (minimum for small pot) or an hour. The timer on the front is really helpful in telling me how long it is taking to brew (sarcasm - it's supposed to tell you how fresh it is but by the time its done the coffee isn't even fresh)

The irony of it all is that my dad has a Mr. coffee that is 20 years old and it brews a pot in 5 minutes!!

Works perfect every time

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I just set the timer and wake up to fresh coffee every morning. It is also easy to clean and so easy to use! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a coffee maker that is more than a single cup maker.
I have the stainless steel carafe and it's great to keep the coffee warm without having to put it in a thermos. I also love the brew feature. I can brew strong and regular coffee. Overall this was a great purchase and it is still working great after owning it for 2 years!

Brew Performance
There are different brew options available.

Everything comes apart or you can take out pieces which makes it so easy to clean.

There are a few different options on this coffee maker and it is still super easy to use.

The coffee maker is very durable and it also looks nice. It doesn't take up much room and it is also easy to stow away if need be.

I have had this coffee maker for 2 years, and I use it almost everyday. It still works and looks like the day I bought it.

Great Coffee Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee make is so sleek looking and looks great on my counter top. It also works great. It is so easy to use and make great tasting coffee every time. The programmable feature is very easy to figure out and works every time. All you have to do is put the ground and water in to make coffee, set the time to delay, the push the delay brew button. It work every time like a charm. The system is also very easy to clean and I have put it in the dishwasher with no problems. The machine also beeps when the coffee is ready, so if you are in another room you know when it is done. It keep the pot warm for about two hours after brewing and beeps again to warn you when the keep warm function is turning off. I jump up to get one last warm cup when I hear that beeping many times and its still warm.

Easy to clean. The only part that is hard to clean is the machine itself, but all the parts come out and I just put them in the dishwasher.

Even my non-coffee drinker wife has no problem figuring it out!

Very sleek and cool looking. Gives a modern look to the kitchen.

I notice some water spots that show up on the chrome after time. Takes a little bit of wiping to get it off.

Sleek and Smart

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love my Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker FTXSS43GTF. The black and stainless steel design looks so sharp and modern in my kitchen. The programmable feature is incredible. We set the timer each night before to have his coffee ready when we wake up. Usually, my husband drinks several cups and takes one to work. There is still plenty of hot coffee ready for me by the time I get up.
The Mr. Coffee Programmable Coffee Maker has taken all of the guesswork and wait time out of my morning cup of joe since I can set it the night before and wake up to hot coffee.
Another feature I love is the pause and serve function. I can get a cup of coffee while the pot is still brewing without coffee spilling everywhere.
The basket is easy to clean and the filter does a great job of removing junk from the water. We use filtered water anyway for making coffee, but I can tell a difference with this coffee maker's filtration system. The coffee tastes like coffee!

Brew Performance
Love the filtration system.

Easy to clean

Easy to program

Very modern looking

Going strong

Affordable Coffeemaker

Love it!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

We bought this coffee maker a year ago when we redid our entire kitchen and we have not regretted the purchase at all. The black and stainless steel matches all of our new appliances, so it is not an eye soar on the counter like our old white machine was. We are so glad we spulged on this programmable machine, it is so nice and easy to get the coffee set the night before, program it, and wake up to the fresh smell of coffee that is ready to go. With 2 little kids we are always so busy in the morning trying to get everyone ready and out the door, it is so much easy to get the coffee ready the night before. We love the machine so much, that we purchased one for my inlaws for Christmas and now they get to enjoy too!

I find it really easy to clean, just as easy as the other coffee makers we have owned in the past.

So easy to program and get the coffee ready the night before.

It is a little on the bigger side, but we have plenty of home on our counter for it.

We have owned it for 6 months and have had no issues with it.

good machine

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love the brand Mr Coffee. I love that it is programmable, but i think the water tank is to small. It was a very good price, and i do think it's worth more than i paid for it. My only problem is that it is hard to pour water into & spills everywhere unless pouring just right. if it were a little wider i would probably rate this coffee maker a ten. That is the only complaint I'll be making about this amazing machine! (The problem could be that I'm just a little to clumsy)

The parts come out easily & it is very easy to clean each one.

I would rate this a ten except for the water tank. Overall this machine is super easy to operate. i love setting it to start a few minutes before my alarm goes off. Waking up to the smell of fresh coffee from my Mr. Coffee machine is the best! It also doesn't take long to make a pot either.

Make the water tank a little wider. The shape of the tank is problematic. I wish this were designed to make pouring the water in the best part instead of the messiest.

8 years old and still going strong

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is the work horse of all home coffee makers. Simple and easy to use it will keep brewing a perfect cup of coffee for you year after year.

Brew Performance
Perfect pot of coffee every time. Just be sure to use the type of coffee you like and this guy will do the rest.

Washing the pot is easy. The maker itself takes hot water and you run in through the cleaning cycle. Not too hard by any means.

add water, add coffee, put pot underneath spout and hit brew. What could be easier? Hit another button if you want a stronger brew, turn the dial to turn the pot warmer down or up. Super easy to use, no guess work needed.

I don't need a sleek new age looking coffee maker. But some people do and if that is you, this probably isn't the one you are looking for. This is more boxy and traditionally shaped. But it still looks nice for what it is.

I have had this coffee maker for eight years now and it has yet to even hiccup. Never had any issues with it, works great just like the first day I used it.

• Brew Performance:

A great everyday coffee maker for home kitchens

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have had this coffee maker in my kitchen for several years now. I also have a 1 cup maker that I use when its just me, I like to serve coffee at dinner parties so we use thie Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker, and it works great.

Pros:
It brews really fast. Takes no time at all for a full pot.
I like that its not loud at all when brewing.
The programmable setting makes it easy so I don't have to leave my dinner party to get it going.
Cleaning it is easy. I put the carafe in the dishwasher.

Cons:
Its a little bulky on the counter, so I usually store it under the counter.
Sometimes if I out a little too much grounds, they go over when the water splashes and go in my carafe.

Over all I would recommend this coffee maker to anyone who makes several cups at a time.

Brew Performance
Brews quickly and efficiently.

Dishwasher safe carafe and basket make it super easy to clean.

Very easy to brew and program.

A little bulky for the counter.

• Brew Performance:

Quick and good at what it does!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

It makes nice hot coffee in a short period of time. Brewing your choice of strong or regular coffee and the best part is that it will have it ready for you by the time you get out of bed, no waiting. Plus, its easy to clean and looks good sitting on the counter.

Brew Performance
It's fast and makes great tasting coffee without making all the racket older coffee pots make. I can sleep through it brewing and wake up to the smell of freshly made, hot delicious coffee.

A simple wipe down with a soft cloth and stainless steal or multipurpose cleaner for the outside and a simple rinse of the pot and it's done. It doesn't overfill itself so there is no cleaning on the inside.

Figuring out the programming and settings just takes a few minutes and if you actually read the instructions it goes very quickly, they are written so my children are able to follow them.

I simply love it! My counter still has room for everything else I need it for and I don't have to worry about bumping into a bulky handle sticking out all the time.

It gets used two to three times a day and it has not failed us yet.

coffee coffee coffe

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I really Love this traditional style coffeemaker! I have had mine for a little over a year and works just perfectly. I Like the appearance of it black and silver, goes great with any other appliances and decor in the kitchen. My favorite thing about this particular coffeemaker is the program setting function! It easy to use and SOOO nice to have your coffee ready and waiting for you when you get up in the morning. There's Nothing better then that! I would not know what to do without it at this point, I've become so use to setting it to be ready and having my coffee there hot and ready right when I get up. Of course if there's more then one person in the house or drinking coffee it works great in that situation too. Makes plenty of hot coffee to go around. I think it is pretty easy to clean and maintain, it is a little bulky on the counter top but defiantly worth every bit of money to have this product. I really do love it and so does my brother!