Other Coffee Makers:

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DRX23 (Doctor X)

Mr. Coffee? Let me tell you something about that son of a gun. I've lived next door to that man for neigh on twenty years now, and I know he's the one been sabotaging my garden every year. Jealous of my tomatos, he is... What's that? The coffee maker? Oh. Ahem. Fine products. Been using Mr. Coffee brand for probably fifteen to twenty years now. I don' t have many complaints, but sometimes you get a bad one and have to replace it sooner than you should. Happened to me once or twice, but I go out and buy another because the darn things are so reasonably priced that you can't really complain. My most recent purchase, the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DRX23 (or Doctor X, as I refer to it), was purchased by myself in December of last year and cost me less than forty bucks, on sale. Makes a great cup of coffee, up to twelve, if you prefer, and is completely programmable, though I must confess to never having used this feature. Also has a pause and serve feature that let's you pour yourself a cup while the darn thing is still percolating. Might lose a couple drops, but the heater thingy is easy to clean. Plus, it has a clock right on it. That's right. You heard me. A clock...right...on...it. I pulled the one I had been using right off the wall and chucked that sucker out the window. The basket lifts right out for easy cleaning, and the rest of the machine machine can be cleaned in a trice, as well. I know because it has a clock right on it. Glowing, easy to see in the dark numerals. I don't know what colors the machine comes in, but I got mine in black because I find that white can discolor over time. Doctor X also shuts itself off automatically after two hours, so I just brew myself a pot in the morning and, if I forget to shut it off, the Doctor remedies the problem for me. So, in conclusion, I must say that I whole-heartedly recommend the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker DRX23 for a delicious cup of coffee. I know when it comes to good coffee, Doctor X writes the prescription for me.

A Basic Coffeemaker

If you are looking for a basic, cheap, no frills coffeemaker, with a large capacity, this just might be the model for you. One really nice feature of this Mr. Coffee coffeemaker is that it is programmable, so you can prepare the grounds, filter, and water the night before, set the coffeemaker to brew your coffee at a particular time, then wake up to fresh, hot coffee in the morning- a great time saver! I had trouble with the coffeemaker malfunctioning at first however, I would program it and it would not start as planned. I had it set to the correct time and everything, but the programmable setting just would not work. After about a week of struggling and confusion, I returned it to the store from which I had purchased it and received a new coffeemaker. I never found out what the problem was, but the new coffeemaker (same make and model) worked fine and I have not had any trouble with the programmable function since receiving the new coffeemaker Some of the other positive features of this coffeemaker are its large capacity, automatic shut off feature (so you don't leave it on all day accidentally) and very affordable price tag. It is a bare bones, basic coffee maker that will brew fresh coffee, and keep it relatively hot for hours afterward. Another nice feature is that it will stop dispensing coffee if you remove the carafe to snag a cup before it's done brewing, which saves you from some unnecessary messes.The only other negative comment that I have about this coffeemaker is that it sometimes leaks some very dark, almost black inky liquid from the botttom of the machine. I have cleaned out the coffeemaker thoroughly, but still haven't been able to determine the exact cause of these messes or stop them from occurring. Overall, a nice, basic, functional product though.

It is a handy and economic product

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have owned one Mr. Coffee 12 cups coffee maker for over 2 years. I found it is handy and the price is relatively low among coffee makers. It is easy to measure water, and it is easy to clean. The time it takes to make coffee is quite short. The parts that can be improved are following. First, the way to pour water in the machine is kinda awkward. Second, when you move away the pot when the brewing is done, it is still dripping. Third, the glass pot broke by itself one time after the usage of a year. Since the price is good, I still recommend this coffee maker.

• Brew Performance:

It does the job very well

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is a good size coffee maker that is easy to use. It's sleek black design blends easily into my kitchen and looks very nice. The machine comes apart pretty well and is really easy to clean, which can not be said of many coffee makers. I have not used the daily timer, but it seems pretty easy to use. It's also a lot faster than past coffee makers I have owned, making a 10 cup coffee brew in less than 15 minutes, which is very nice on busy mornings. It is also fairly quiet while brewing. It shuts off automatically after a while, which takes a lot of pressure off my mind if I forget to shut it off. Once or twice it has burned my coffee, but only if I don't make enough. Overall I am very satisfied with this coffee maker and it meets my needs fully.

Very easy

I am a little worried that some parts do not seem to be very high quality and may not last too long, but otherwise it seems durable enough.

• Brew Performance:

Second best coffeemaker I've ever had

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is the easiest, most idiotproof coffee maker I have ever used. You can set it up at night so when you drag your non-morning-person butt out of bed, your coffee is already brewed and ready to wake you up. I love that. It brews almost perfectly - the only problem I have is that the little spout thing that pours the boiling water through the grounds, it doesn't stick out far enough, so every once in a while it will knock the coffee filter down and the grounds work their way up over the edge of the filter and wind up in your coffee. I'm not much for having grainy coffee, and all I think needs to be done is that the dripper arm thing needs to be about half an inch longer so it wouldn't catch on the filter. Otherwise...I mean it's easy to clean, now and then you just run a cycle of white vinegar and then two or three of only water, and it's sanitized. The pot is easy to clean too, sometimes I burn my coffee and wind up with residue but it wipes right out. Doesn't hurt to soak the pot in vinegar occasionally either. Overall, it's a great little coffee pot, just that one problem.

A good coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I've had this coffee maker for about 3 years and am very happy with it. During the winter months I use it everyday but I have to admit I never use the automatic setting I just do it myself each morning.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker makes a great cup of coffee whether you make a full pot or not.

I love that the basket where the coffee goes is completely removable for easier cleaning. The glass pot also comes clean very well and the machine itself is easy to wipe off.

This machine is very easy to use. Just drop the filter in, dump in some coffee grounds, fill it with water, and turn it on! I love that it keeps the coffee warm for awhile before it automatically turns off.

My favorite feature is the easy to remove filter basket. My least favorite is that my coffee filters seem to fall down and let coffee grounds into my pot sometimes :(

I've had this pot for 3 years had have had no issues with the durability quality of my pot or the machine!

• Brew Performance:

Was good for the first few years

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have had this for about 6 years so I cannot really complain about it. It consistently makes good coffee and I love the programmable feature. It is simple to use and program and clean. The bottom disc that the glass carafe its on has started to peel now. Coffee drips from top after the carafe is removed to pour and the splatter sizzles and makes the bottom disc peel more. The coffee pot still works like a champ though. I am very satisfied and for the price, I think it is a good buy for sure. It consistently makes a good cup of coffee. It is much more cost effective than going to Dunkin Donuts every morning and I like the taste better than a pod coffee maker. It brews quickly and quietly, so it is great when we have company over. It is not fancy, but is perfect for people who just like a regular cup of coffee. I keep thinking I will buy another one, since this one is starting to show signs of ware on the base, but it works so well that I am going to continue using it for as long as I can. It is a well made coffee maker.

• Brew Performance:

Mr Coffee is a great coffee maker!

from Umatilla, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have used Mr Coffee makers for as long as I can remember. They last for a long time. And They brew great coffee. I love being able to set it to have my coffee ready when I wake up,now if it just brought it to me :)

Very easy to use.

They will last forever as long as you take care of it!

• Brew Performance:

This Mr. Never Disappoints.

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I am not a morning person, I'll admit it. But once I have my coffee, I'm ready to go. The problem is making coffee when I'm still half asleep. I've been known to pour water in without the grinds and turn on without putting any water in the machines. So knowing that I can prepare my coffee the night before and wake up and have it made, well, there's nothing that beats that! I love that I can make 12 cups so it's perfect when I entertain, but it also works when it's just me drinking in the morning. I may have been through a number of Mr's in my lifetime, but this Mr. never disappoints!

Mr Coffee Keeps on Brewing

from Bradenton, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My Mr. Coffee Coffee coffee makes works great. IHAVEHAD it fora long time, and it brews a great cup of coffee.

Brew Performance
The coffee from this coffee maker tastes great.

It is easy to clean. I soak the pot from time to time.

It is easy to use, and I like how I can set the timer andm y coffee is ready in the morning.

It looks very modern and fits in with my other appliances.

It is very durable and will last a long time.

Okay for an Inexpensive, Basic Machine

from Madison, WI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

If you want something that makes the coffee without grounds in it and lasts at least a few years, this machine will do. My one issue is that the carafe included has a misplaced handle, meaning that the spout is off to one side instead of at the front, exactly opposite the handle. This issue translated into spilled coffee every. single. morning. Think marital conflict. We now have a Keurig, but we keep this model as a back-up or for when we want to make a whole pot for guests.

No problems here.

My one issue is that the black cheap plastic shows water (and coffee) spots easily. It wipes up easily, too, of course.

It works fine.

I'm sure not all spouts are crooked, but it's something to check before you throw away your box and receipt!

The plastic does seem a bit weak, but it's held up fine for us for about 5 years.

Medicore

from Fairfield, CA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I purchased this coffee maker for the price: I don't drink a ton of coffee at home, but I like to make it enough that I need one for when the craving hits (or I can't afford Starbucks). This one does the job. It is very easy to use, the coffee tastes good as long you clean it every once in a while (it has a neat clean program feature that makes this easy) and doesn't take up a lot of space. You can do better, but you can also do a lot worse.

After several months, I noticed it began to let too much of the coffee to get into the actual pot. If I didn't pay attention, I would accidentally drink some of the grain which wasn't horrible, just not great either. For the price, I could easily just get a new one but I may save up to buy a really nice one instead.