3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Makes excellent tasting coffee

We have had the Mr. Coffee brand of coffee makers on and off for the past 30 years.  On a recent vacation, the owner of our condominium had this model for us to use, and I was so impressed with the great tasting coffee that this machine made that I am looking to purchase one for myself.

The shape is a little different, it is square and boxy looking, with the clock displaying the time front and center.  There is a minute and hour button, making the time very easy to set.  Other lighted features are: Clean, Delay Brew, Brew Now, Select/Off, Fresh Brew Timer, and a button for selecting the brew strength of regular or strong.  These are all in the brushed stainless steel looking front, most of the rest of the machine is in black.

Other features are a cleaning cycle, a pause and serve feature (which is becoming standard these days), a fresh brew timer that tells you how long your carafe has been sitting on the burner, and it shuts itself off after it has been on for two hours.  It doesn't brew as fast as a Bunn coffee maker, but I wouldn't say it was slow either.

Now the best part, this machine makes awesome tasting coffee!  We bought Kona coffee during our vacation, and I assumed that the great tasting coffee was due to our drinking the more expensive Kona coffee.  However, I bought a bag of this coffee to bring home with us, and it didn't taste nearly as great after being brewed in our Mr. Coffee machine here at home.

This model has a larger footprint that I am used to, but it does have a lot of really nice features.  We used the "strong" mode when brewing our coffee, and for those who like stronger tasting coffee this is a nice feature, and one that I have never seen on a Mr. Coffee before.  If I find this model in a store near me, I will not hesitate to pick it up.

Brew Performance
This machine makes an excellent tasting cup of coffee, providing you use good coffee to start with

Easy to clean, just wipe with a damp cloth and run 'Dip It" through the machine on a regular basis.

Pretty easy to use, some of the controls took some getting used to

Looks great in a kitchen with other stainless steel appliances

This was in the condo for over a year and still works great with a ton of use

If I wanted an alarm clock I would have purchased one!

My coffee maker recently broke so I went out to buy a new one.  I purchased the Mr. Coffee brand.  My husand and I awake at different times so I program the coffee maker to go off when he gets up at 4:00 in the morning.  I don't get up until 6:00.  This coffee maker beeps six times (sounds like truck in reverse) when the brewing is complete.  I called Mr. Coffee to see how to disable it becuase it didn't have anything in the manual about it (it also did not indicate on the box that it had this annoying feature).  They said that ALL of their programmable coffee makers have this feature.  What are they thinking?!?!?!   If I wanted an alarm clock, I would have purchased one.  I plan to return this coffee maker and never buy Mr. Coffee brand again.  If you don't use the program feature or if you program it to complete brewing after you are awake, this could be a good machine for you.

Good wake up call

from Gillette, wy

Pros

• Beeps when ready
  • Delay till certain time
  • Has a timer

Cons

• None

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have had this coffee pot for awhile now and haven't had any issues at all. It makes for a good wake up call with its alleging beep sound when done brewing. You can also set a certain time of day for it to start which is nice for when getting ready for work in the morning it's one less thing I have to do!! Will buy this one again if it ever quite working.

• Was this a gift?:

Good basic coffee maker

from Rural Retreat, VA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I bought this coffee maker after my old one died. I had a Mr. Coffee which had the controls on the bottom and they quit work. I got this coffee maker because the controls are up at the top, even thought it was a little more expensive. This is a good basic coffee maker, nothing special, but it brews quickly and keeps coffee moderately hot. It is kinda hard to pour from as it leaks when you pour but that is about all of the basic coffee makers problems. The only thing I don't like is it beeps when it starts and then beeps again when it's done. To clean it I just put some bleach in the carafe and fill with water and let it sit for awhile. There are two holes in the back, I am guessing for steam escape. When you pour the water in, if you are not careful, water will come out of those holes when you are pouring. I also do not like that you have to turn the coffee maker sideways to see the window with the amount of water on it. I leave the top open on my when not in use so it dries out a little. I do run vinegar thru it about twice a month to clean it out.

I like that the controls are on top.

so far

• Brew Performance:

Dont expect coffee to be very hot.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

the carafe lid design has an unnecessarily large opening in the middle and spout. This causes too much heat to escape.You can see it steaming out from the top of the carafe will is still sitting in the maker. First sip is only somewhat hot, 2nd sip lukewarm. Disappointing as everything else works well.

I havent tried to clean it as I will be returning it.

the lid openings prevent the coffee from staying hot

Dont know durability as I wont be using it.

FINALLY A POT THAT WONT BREAK

from Jupiter, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I LOVE THIS COFFEE MAKER . IT IS SO EAST TO PROGRAM .  YOU CAN EVEN PROGRAM THE STRENGH OF COFFEE THAT YOU MAY WANT.  I AM A REGULAR GIRL AND GET JUST THE RIGHT BREW  AT THE RIGHT TIME.  THANKS TO THE EASE OF PROGRAMMING THIS LITTLE WONDER.   THE NEXT BEST THING IS THE STEEL CARAFE THAT KEEPS COFFEE WARM FOR LITERALLY HOURS.    DID I MENTION THAT IT EVEN  HAS A CLEANING CYCLE? NOTHING CAN BE PERFECT THE ONLY COMPLAINT I HAVE IS THAT YOU REALLY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERFILL WITH WATER .  THERE IS A LITTLE HOLE  THAT IF YOU OVERFILL YOU WILL  BE CLEANING WATER.   ALL SAID AFTER THE FIRST MISTAKE IT NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN.

FAST DELICIOUS BREW WITH CHEAP COFFEE TO EXPENSIVE BRANDS

THE POT IS STAINLESS SO IT IS SO EASY TO CLEAN. THE WHOLE MACHINE IS EASILY CLEANED

SO EASY AND FAST

EASY TO CLEAN EASE OF USE

THE METAL CARAFE IS UNBREAKABLE BECAUSE IF IT BROKE I WOULD BREAK IT NOW OVER A YEAR AND STILL INTACT EASY TO CLEAN

Makes excellent tasting coffee

from Eagle River, AK

Pretty easy to use, some of the controls took some getting used to

Looks great in a kitchen with other stainless steel appliances

This was in the condo for over a year and still works great with a ton of use

would buy the 12cup jw series again

from Newport, NH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love the sleek modern look of this coffee maker and also like the strong option as i do like strong coffee, it also beeps when it's ready. this is an all around great coffee maker and would buy it again if it stopped working.

Mr. Coffee JWX31 is a great coffeemaker for the price

from East Lansing, MI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Mr. Coffee is a great brand, and this coffee maker is up to the standards I expect from that brand. It brews a great cup of coffee, and it is easy to clean, store, and use. I frequently put the caraffe and lid in the dishwasher and they come out great every time.

The features on this coffee maker are great- you can delay the brew, choose your strength of brew, and it has a cleaning feature. I love the delay feature, because it means I can wake up to the smell of coffee every morning!

My one major complaint is filling with water, and pouring coffee. If you keep it under a cabinet, you will have to pull it out to flip open to fill (not a huge deal). And as others have said, the pot leaks when you pour it.

Great First Buy for a Coffee Pot

from Siloam Springs, AR

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Mr. Coffee did good with this one! I love mine. It lets me know when the coffee is done as I can forget that I made it, since I do not drink it too often. Nice timely and suffcient brew. My only negative is it gets dirty and you can see water marks if ou don't clean it often. Fits well on my counter!!

The coffee maker is fine, but the decanter is poorly designed.

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is nice-looking and works just fine. However, it is very slow to brew, even if you don't make the stronger brew. It takes much too long. But the worst thing about it is that the decanter is a terrible design. It drips all over the counter or the sink every time you pour a cup of coffee. I find this exceedingly annoying. How could anything be stupider.......a coffee pot that drips when you pour it. YUCK!

Best Coffee Maker I ever had

from Duncan, OK

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I got this as a gift. I was leary at first. I really like it. *There is a disk to filter the water. I appreciate that. Also the delay on it is very easy to set and to use. It wakes us up every morning and is fresh. Also i just pour vinegar in it and it is fresh and ready and the coffee tastes great again. I love it. Will buy another one if this one ever breaks.*