Other Coffee Makers:
Mr. Coffee
JWX27
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Pros

• Brews quickly (6)
  • Durable (6)
  • Easy to use (6)
  • Large pot (6)
  • Easy to clean (5)

• Everyday (7)
  • Home (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (4)

Love It

My husband and I are not coffee drinkers, but we have family that is. We recently had family over and we had no coffee to offer them. We decided to go out and purchase a coffee pot. We purchased this one after reading some reviews and browsing several other ones. I was looking for something that is easy to clean and operate. Now I have a great coffee pot that I have use to have coffee made when family comes over. Aside from using this pot for coffee…we are using it for hot chocolate. I love having hot water available when I am ready for a cup of hot chocolate. We also use it to have hot water for oatmeal for breakfast. As you can see, this coffee pot has many uses and I am finding myself using it on a daily basis. I love that the pot beeps when it is ready. It has an auto shut-off…comes in really handy when I forget to turn things off. This is a machine that was well worth the money that I spent on it and I would recommend it to all.

This Mr. Coffee Pot leaks when you pour it.

I bought this Mr. Coffee JWX27 12-cup coffee pot because we are heavy coffee drinkers - we tend to make 3-4 pots per day.  I wanted a coffee maker that could withstand all the clinking and brewing we do over the course of the day.  Our coffee pots tend to last about 3-4 years before something breaks, or leaks, or the carafe shatters, or whatever.  Based on that, I bought the Mr. Coffee.  It's a manufacturer that's been around forever and it has coffee *in the name*.  Good Things:This coffee pot brews at a decent pace, which is great first thing in the morning.  It also has a timer which we sometimes set if we know it will be a particularly busy or early morning.  Both of those functions work very well.  The inside has a little filter, which I noticed is a feature of a lot of new coffee pots.  The benefit of the filter is less any actual filtering - we have a water filter already, so it's redundant.  The actual benefit is a reduction in the possibility that the filter will collapse and put grounds in the brewed coffee.  To change the coffee filter, you move a little spigot out of the way.  If you forget to move it back, it automatically slides back into place when you close the lid, which is a nice little feature.The Thing I Would Change:The carafe leaks when pouring.  Pour fast, pour slow, lid up, lid down; it doesn't matter.  Coffee will be all over the counter top.  I'm really quite surprised by this because Mr. Coffee - Mr. **COFFEE** - has been making these little machines for quite a while.  I've never had one with a droolly carafe before.

I would reccommend this to anyone.

from Evansville,In

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I use my Mr. Coffee coffee maker daily to brew coffee and tea. I find this coffee machine to be great!! Very durable and will last a long time.

I will buy this Coffee Maker again

from Wellson, OK

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Durable
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

Cons

• Hard To Clean
    • Long Brew Time

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

My husband and I go through a coffee pot every 6 months regardless of price. This one has lasted 8 months and counting. The brew is a bit slow, but if we remember to set up the night before it doesn't matter. Will definitely buy again.

We love Mr. Coffee machines!

from Grand Prairie, TX

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Convenient
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Stylish

Cons

• Loud beeper when its done or shuts off

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

We have the red colored one of this coffee maker and its the beat coffee maker we have had so far! The programmable feature to have it start brewing at a certian time is very convenient and helps when in a rush in the mornings for work. It also brews fast and with its loud beeping when finished brewing and turning off, its easy to know when its done from another room. Would recommend!

A very reliable coffee maker

from Georgia

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot

Cons

• Old fashioned

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have been using Mr. coffee for many years. I purchased this model a second time because I inadvertently packed my first coffeemaker for moving before cleaning. I never had a problem with either one. I only purchased the second because I didn't feel like cleaning the first one after being packed. Consistently brews great coffee every time and requires very little maintenance and cleaning.

One of the best.

from Poinciana,Fl

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Multiple Settings

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I love coffee and thank god is not a rehab center for coffee drinker like me.I love this coffe maker and honestly,is the best coffee maker I ever own.I set it every evening in automatic setting to make the coffee at 6am,and I love to wake up with the rich smell of fresh coffee.I love the feauture to make the coffee strong in my Mr.Coffee cafetera.Keep the good work.

Great buy

from Sanford Nc

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Durable
      • Easy To Clean
      • Large Pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Me and my husband are casual coffee drinkers we bought this coffee pot and absolutely love it we can program the time so it brews and is ready when we get up

Love It

from Green Cove Springs, FL

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
        • Durable
        • Easy To Clean
        • Easy To Use
        • Multiple Settings
        • Stylish

• Office
          • Weekends

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Best coffee maker I've ever owned

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is my first good quality coffee maker I have ever owned. I always went for the cheap coffee makers, and I can now tell how wrong I was to do that. This one has a hot plate, is programmable, and is really easy to use. I love that it comes with a filter for better flavor (although I don't notice much of a difference).

Brew Performance
          I like that I can choose a strong or a regular strength brew. Typically, I like strong coffee and the strong setting makes it just to my liking. I used to get grounds in my coffee, but not with this one. It is great.

I have't had to deep clean it yet, but I have had no issues cleaning it out.

This is a very easy to use coffee maker. I was afraid with all the buttons and options I wouldn't like it, but it only took a few minutes to become familiar with it.

I like how sleek and clean this looks. I can tell by the design this is a higher quality coffee maker than I have ever used before.

This coffee maker is well-made and is durable. The plastic isn't cheap, nor is it flimsy.

love this

from Downing, WI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Love this coffee maker, have never had any problems and have had for almost 2 years. I love being able to set it and forget, I set it to have coffee ready at 5:30 a.m. and the smell of perking coffee gets me out of bed because I just have to have a fresh cup right away. When it dies will get another.

Love this

from Newnan, GA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I was given this coffee maker over two years ago and it has been operating like it did when I brewed my first cup of coffee with it. The design is modern and complements my kitchen. I always prepare my coffee the night before and set the machine to where it will start automatically brewing every morning. It has both a strong and regular setting, but I use the regular setting more often. The strong setting does not make a big difference, and it takes longer for the coffee to brew. The coffee maker is simple and easy to clean. The outside of the maker is also easy to wipe down and look shiny. The filters are not expensive. After making a pot of coffee, the machine will stay on for two hours to keep the coffee hot. The only annoying aspect is that I still find a couple coffee grounds in my cup. It is probably not the coffee machine problem. It is probably the filter problem.