Other Coffee Makers:
JWX27
Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker

Love It

My husband and I are not coffee drinkers, but we have family that is. We recently had family over and we had no coffee to offer them. We decided to go out and purchase a coffee pot. We purchased this one after reading some reviews and browsing several other ones. I was looking for something that is easy to clean and operate. Now I have a great coffee pot that I have use to have coffee made when family comes over. Aside from using this pot for coffee…we are using it for hot chocolate. I love having hot water available when I am ready for a cup of hot chocolate. We also use it to have hot water for oatmeal for breakfast. As you can see, this coffee pot has many uses and I am finding myself using it on a daily basis. I love that the pot beeps when it is ready. It has an auto shut-off…comes in really handy when I forget to turn things off. This is a machine that was well worth the money that I spent on it and I would recommend it to all.

This Mr. Coffee Pot leaks when you pour it.

I bought this Mr. Coffee JWX27 12-cup coffee pot because we are heavy coffee drinkers - we tend to make 3-4 pots per day.  I wanted a coffee maker that could withstand all the clinking and brewing we do over the course of the day.  Our coffee pots tend to last about 3-4 years before something breaks, or leaks, or the carafe shatters, or whatever.  Based on that, I bought the Mr. Coffee.  It's a manufacturer that's been around forever and it has coffee *in the name*.  Good Things:This coffee pot brews at a decent pace, which is great first thing in the morning.  It also has a timer which we sometimes set if we know it will be a particularly busy or early morning.  Both of those functions work very well.  The inside has a little filter, which I noticed is a feature of a lot of new coffee pots.  The benefit of the filter is less any actual filtering - we have a water filter already, so it's redundant.  The actual benefit is a reduction in the possibility that the filter will collapse and put grounds in the brewed coffee.  To change the coffee filter, you move a little spigot out of the way.  If you forget to move it back, it automatically slides back into place when you close the lid, which is a nice little feature.The Thing I Would Change:The carafe leaks when pouring.  Pour fast, pour slow, lid up, lid down; it doesn't matter.  Coffee will be all over the counter top.  I'm really quite surprised by this because Mr. Coffee - Mr. **COFFEE** - has been making these little machines for quite a while.  I've never had one with a droolly carafe before.

Great buy

from Sanford Nc

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Large Pot

• Everyday

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Me and my husband are casual coffee drinkers we bought this coffee pot and absolutely love it we can program the time so it brews and is ready when we get up

Love It

from Green Cove Springs, FL

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Multiple Settings
    • Stylish

• Everyday
      • Home
      • Office
      • Weekends

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Best coffee maker I've ever owned

from Des Moines, IA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This is my first good quality coffee maker I have ever owned. I always went for the cheap coffee makers, and I can now tell how wrong I was to do that. This one has a hot plate, is programmable, and is really easy to use. I love that it comes with a filter for better flavor (although I don't notice much of a difference).

Brew Performance
      I like that I can choose a strong or a regular strength brew. Typically, I like strong coffee and the strong setting makes it just to my liking. I used to get grounds in my coffee, but not with this one. It is great.

I have't had to deep clean it yet, but I have had no issues cleaning it out.

This is a very easy to use coffee maker. I was afraid with all the buttons and options I wouldn't like it, but it only took a few minutes to become familiar with it.

I like how sleek and clean this looks. I can tell by the design this is a higher quality coffee maker than I have ever used before.

This coffee maker is well-made and is durable. The plastic isn't cheap, nor is it flimsy.

love this

from Downing, WI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Love this coffee maker, have never had any problems and have had for almost 2 years. I love being able to set it and forget, I set it to have coffee ready at 5:30 a.m. and the smell of perking coffee gets me out of bed because I just have to have a fresh cup right away. When it dies will get another.

Love this

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I was given this coffee maker over two years ago and it has been operating like it did when I brewed my first cup of coffee with it. The design is modern and complements my kitchen. I always prepare my coffee the night before and set the machine to where it will start automatically brewing every morning. It has both a strong and regular setting, but I use the regular setting more often. The strong setting does not make a big difference, and it takes longer for the coffee to brew. The coffee maker is simple and easy to clean. The outside of the maker is also easy to wipe down and look shiny. The filters are not expensive. After making a pot of coffee, the machine will stay on for two hours to keep the coffee hot. The only annoying aspect is that I still find a couple coffee grounds in my cup. It is probably not the coffee machine problem. It is probably the filter problem.

Love it!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this coffee maker. Being able to set it up before I go to bed and set the time for it to start brewing for the next morning is beyond words. If I had to start the process after crawling out of bed, I doubt I would ever get my first cup of coffee and would subsequently probably be late to work. That way I know my coffee is waiting for me and it makes getting out of bed a little easier. Not to mention the smell of coffee brewing makes it way up upstairs and I love the smell of coffee brewing.All I need to do is stumble downstairs and fix a nice warm cup of coffee to get my day going. The quality and taste of my coffee is always fresh and tastes the same from day to day. The coffee maker is also very easy to keep clean . I've almost always owned this brand of coffee maker and I know they are dependable, reasonably priced and last for a long time.

The color and design fit very well in my kitchen and it doesn't take up a lot of counter space.

Beeping Alarm

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

This coffee pot works great. I hate that it has a beeper to tell you when the coffee is done. Who needs this? It is like an alarm clock echoing in the house while others are trying to sleep. Please give an option to turn this feature, which is not listed on the box, off.

Mr. Coffee Coffee Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I have had my coffee maker for 2 1/2 years now. I got this one in addition to another one I had, because I was having to brew coffee for my husband every day, as well as brewing ho water for my son's formula mix when he was an infant. It works great, and is very easy to use. You can program it turn on at the time you want it to, so you don't have to bother turning it on, or it you want it ready when you wake up. You can also select the brew strength to be a regular brew or a strong brew. I also use my coffee pot to brew hot water to use for hot tea. It is very easy to clean as well. I usually put about 8 cups of water and fill the rest of it with vinegar to help clean the inside of it (usually at least once every week or two, depending on how often you use it, which I use mine every day). After you run the water and vinegar mix through, pour that out of coffee pot, and I usually run 2-3 more times with just clean water to get the vinegar out of it. I am very pleased with my coffee maker, and I would highly recommend this brand and product to anyone.

It makes coffee

from Newark, OH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

Mr. Coffee is a quality name in affordable coffee makers for a reason. It doesn't make coffee house quality, but it makes a very reliable cup of joe.
      This is a pretty typical coffee maker. I have had it for about 2 years now and have had no real complaints. I went through two different coffee makers in three years before, so I guess you could say that I am hard on them. This one works as well as the day I brought it home. It does everything I expect of it without any exceptional bells and whistles. It has a drip stop feature that allows you to pour yourself a cup before the pot is done brewing. Whenever I try this, it drips once or twice. I have never seen a coffee maker that didn't drip at least minimally though so this is not a problem. The clock is reliable and the set has always come on for whenever I tell it to do so. The automatic off after two hours works every day without fail as well. It has handy cleaning cycle which works a lot better than just using the regular cycle to clean it. This keeps the coffee tasting fresh year after year. My one real complaint would be that after cleaning the outside several times, the lettering marking the buttons has worn off. This happened after I had learned what everything does, but my husband would have an awful hard time setting the clock now!
      The coffee maker also has a nice feature allowing you to brew normal or strong. There really is a difference in the taste between the two.
      I would recommend this coffee maker to anyone who likes coffee. For the coffee lover who grinds their own beans every morning and will throw out a pot if it doesn't taste just right, you might want to buy something a little higher end. But for your average consumer, this is a good price for a great product.

• Brew Performance:

Makes morning coffee quick and easy. Durable and reliable.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:

I had this coffee maker for about 5 years and it never failed or broke. It's not very fancy, but the programmable feature makes it well worth the money. The only thing I didn't like was how difficult it was to clean if you spilled some grounds out of the basket holder. I replaced it only because of it's age and because it was hard to clean (and therefore got gunky and gross despite my best efforts).

Brew Performance
      It tasted good every time, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I found it hard to clean, but that is my only complaint.

Fill it, set the timer, and wake up later to fresh coffee.

Easy to use, but there are too many crevices for coffee gunk to build up in. Would have been better without so many little cracks and crevices for grounds to build up in. It was hard to see the grounds since the plastic is black, so I would have designed the inside differently.

Never broke in the five years I had one. I dropped it once and it survived without a ding. Heavy for a coffee maker.