Other Coffee Makers:
Mr. Coffee
Models:
DW13-NP, DW12-NP

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

• Easy to use (6)
  • Brews quickly (5)
  • Large pot (5)
  • Easy to clean (4)

Cons

• Limited features (3)

• Everyday (4)
  • Home (3)
  • Office (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (4)

Basic and inexpensive - lasts about 3-5 years.

I've had my Mr. Coffee 12-cup coffee maker for about 5 years now.  It still works and I use it everyday but over the past year or two is has been going downhill.  The finish is peeling off the hot plate and even though I fill it with 12 cups of water, I only get about 11 cups that actually brew.  The coffee tastes fine so these things are minor inconveniences but I imagine it probably won't be long before I will be needing to replace the whole thing.  I suppose getting 5 years out of this thing is pretty good - most things aren't made to last these days anyway.  It is one of the cheaper coffee makers you can buy on the market and I would definitely consider replacing it with the same brand.  The best part is the delayed start button and having a freshly brewed pot of coffee to wake up to every morning - and thankfully, that function is working beautifully still!  The black does show dust more than other colors so I do have to remember to give it a dusting as well when I'm dusting off other things in my house.

Mr Coffee DW13 model: great value for the price

I have had this coffee maker for about 2 years, and have not had much trouble so far. My boyfriend and I purchased this model because it was on sale at Target. It makes up to 12 cups, which is great when you are spending the day doing work and need your caffeine fix. It makes enough for me to have my morning cup, and for my boyfriend to take 6-8 cups in his large thermos to work. I brews very quickly and is easy to use. I do wish that this coffee maker came with a scoop, it would be very convenient to include this since it is so hard to find a good one. I also wish this model had a timer on it, because it is great to wake up early on a winter morning and smell coffee brewing. I know that this comes in some of the more advanced (pricier) models and so I guess that is what we get for buying what was on sale! The pot spills coffee when you pour it into the mug, so be sure to pour cups over the sink to avoid mess.

a few months later, the decanter has broken. the glass should be higher quality.

Great Coffee Maker

from New York, New York

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This maker never gave me any trouble. It is easy to clean as well and the pot is decently big.

You can buy this good product

from libya

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot

Cons

• Limited Features

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Based on the specifications mentioned, it is preferable to purchase and purchase this machine because it is practical, easy to use and saves you time especially when you are in the office. You can also use it at home if you need it. You can find this product in most shops.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would buy again

from Illinois

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot

Cons

• Limited Features

• Weekends

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

We have two very dedicated daily coffee drinkers in our home. We have had this coffee pot for much much longer than anticipated. We needed a new coffee pot and we needed one fast. Although this coffee pot doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles it gets the job done. Brews quickly, doesnt burn, stays hot and easy to clean

It's ok, not sure I'd purchase again

from Sylva NC

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Functional

• Coffee

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I received mine as a gift. Glad I didn't buy it. It leaks water, even if I only make enough for a couple cups.

not for every day use

from Belfry, KY

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Use
      • Large Pot

Cons

• Limited Features
      • Ugly Design

• every other day

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

this is a good coffee pot but it not for the every day drinker its for a casual drinker or social drinker

Simple and effective

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Loud
      • Ugly Design

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I recently bought the Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker for my office. I needed something that was reliable and did the job without costing too much money. I am honestly pretty impressed with this particular coffee maker. I really loved the price first of all! You don't often see kitchen appliances for this cheap. It does a great job of keeping the coffee hot. That way I can make the coffee around 8 am and then someone can still enjoy it around 9 or I could have my second cup. Coffee is a huge part of my morning so its important that I have a good cup of coffee. This coffee maker is great because it keeps the grounds out of the pot. If you are looking for an affordable and reliable coffee maker I would definitely recommend this particular one.

love my mr. coffee

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use
      • Large Pot

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

It's a very good coffee pot. Sometimes it doesn't always keep it hot enough, but it's very rare. I fix at night an when I get up just push button an I have coffee in just a few minutes.

Could not be easier to use or more affordable

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I bought this product on sale at target in march of 2014. I use it at least 3-4 times a week and it works like a charm each time. I have no complaints and I have high hopes that this product will last me a long time.

Brew Performance
        Brew time is quick; I always make 4 cups and it never takes longer than five minutes to brew. I've brewed the entire pot a couple of occasions; max time to brew is about 10 minutes. The coffee comes out perfect every time.

It's super easy to clean; The basket is removal so I literally take the basket out, dump the coffee grounds, rinse the basket, dump the coffee, rinse the pot, and I'm set for the next day. The pot hasn't stained yet.

There's literally one button on the pot and it could not be more obvious where the water and where the coffee grounds should be placed.

The product is very ergonomic; the spout is movable so getting the basket out of the machine is easy.

I've had this machine for almost a year now. No problems yet!

Decent not great

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

My first overall complaint with this machine is the temperature of the coffee. The coffee was only hot when it was first brewed. After that the plate only kept it lukewarm resulting in me having to microwave the coffee to get it piping hot.

Brew Performance
        The coffee brewed well, very little grounds made it into the po

The coating on the warming plate didn't repel stains very well. If there were drips you needed to immediately wipe it up or you would have a buildup. The pot itself however was very easy to clean.

The opening to pour the water in could be bigger. I often spilled water when filling it even though I was extra careful.

The design was well suited for our limited counter space. A slight issue with the lip of the actual coffee pot . I always poured the coffee over the sink because there was some spillage coming out of the pot

Aside from the issue with the warming plate this is a durable coffee maker. There are no nicks in the coffee pot or wearing on the plastic lid.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I purchased the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker because I liked the design. The price was very reasonable also. I like the cord storage in the back of the coffee maker. The length of the cord is just right. It isn't so long that it lays all over the counter top getting in the way and it isn't too short that would make it difficult to plug in and use. I did find the color being white and the material being of a plastic type product to be difficult to clean and keep clean. I liked the dual view area in the water reservoir. That makes it very easy to see how much water is being put into the water reservoir area. The coffee basket holds the 8 to 12 cup coffee filter nicely. I did discover that when I wanted to make 4 to 6 cups, a 4 cup coffee filter would work.The coffee carafe is very durable. I have banged it many times against the sink and never chipped or broke the carafe. I did find the handle to be slightly weak when lifting a full pot of coffee off the warmer plate. The one thumb touch placement to lift the lid up from the carafe works great. The warmer plate itself keeps the coffee at a great temperature for a long time. The position of the on/off switch in the front works well for the most part. I did find that while I was doing something on the counter beside the coffee maker, I would inadvertently move the switch from the on to off position or off to on position. Maybe a design with the switch on the side or near the top would help.