Other Coffee Makers:
Mr. Coffee
Models:
DW13-NP, DW12-NP

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

• Easy to use (3)

• Brew Performance:

Basic and inexpensive - lasts about 3-5 years.

I've had my Mr. Coffee 12-cup coffee maker for about 5 years now.  It still works and I use it everyday but over the past year or two is has been going downhill.  The finish is peeling off the hot plate and even though I fill it with 12 cups of water, I only get about 11 cups that actually brew.  The coffee tastes fine so these things are minor inconveniences but I imagine it probably won't be long before I will be needing to replace the whole thing.  I suppose getting 5 years out of this thing is pretty good - most things aren't made to last these days anyway.  It is one of the cheaper coffee makers you can buy on the market and I would definitely consider replacing it with the same brand.  The best part is the delayed start button and having a freshly brewed pot of coffee to wake up to every morning - and thankfully, that function is working beautifully still!  The black does show dust more than other colors so I do have to remember to give it a dusting as well when I'm dusting off other things in my house.

Mr Coffee DW13 model: great value for the price

I have had this coffee maker for about 2 years, and have not had much trouble so far. My boyfriend and I purchased this model because it was on sale at Target. It makes up to 12 cups, which is great when you are spending the day doing work and need your caffeine fix. It makes enough for me to have my morning cup, and for my boyfriend to take 6-8 cups in his large thermos to work. I brews very quickly and is easy to use. I do wish that this coffee maker came with a scoop, it would be very convenient to include this since it is so hard to find a good one. I also wish this model had a timer on it, because it is great to wake up early on a winter morning and smell coffee brewing. I know that this comes in some of the more advanced (pricier) models and so I guess that is what we get for buying what was on sale! The pot spills coffee when you pour it into the mug, so be sure to pour cups over the sink to avoid mess.

a few months later, the decanter has broken. the glass should be higher quality.

It's ok, not sure I'd purchase again

from Sylva NC

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Functional

• Coffee
    • Home

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I received mine as a gift. Glad I didn't buy it. It leaks water, even if I only make enough for a couple cups.

not for every day use

from Belfry, KY

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot

Cons

• Limited Features
    • Ugly Design

• every other day
    • Home

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

this is a good coffee pot but it not for the every day drinker its for a casual drinker or social drinker

Simple and effective

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Loud
    • Ugly Design

• Everyday
    • Office

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I recently bought the Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker for my office. I needed something that was reliable and did the job without costing too much money. I am honestly pretty impressed with this particular coffee maker. I really loved the price first of all! You don't often see kitchen appliances for this cheap. It does a great job of keeping the coffee hot. That way I can make the coffee around 8 am and then someone can still enjoy it around 9 or I could have my second cup. Coffee is a huge part of my morning so its important that I have a good cup of coffee. This coffee maker is great because it keeps the grounds out of the pot. If you are looking for an affordable and reliable coffee maker I would definitely recommend this particular one.

love my mr. coffee

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot

• Everyday

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

It's a very good coffee pot. Sometimes it doesn't always keep it hot enough, but it's very rare. I fix at night an when I get up just push button an I have coffee in just a few minutes.

Could not be easier to use or more affordable

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I bought this product on sale at target in march of 2014. I use it at least 3-4 times a week and it works like a charm each time. I have no complaints and I have high hopes that this product will last me a long time.

Brew Performance
      Brew time is quick; I always make 4 cups and it never takes longer than five minutes to brew. I've brewed the entire pot a couple of occasions; max time to brew is about 10 minutes. The coffee comes out perfect every time.

It's super easy to clean; The basket is removal so I literally take the basket out, dump the coffee grounds, rinse the basket, dump the coffee, rinse the pot, and I'm set for the next day. The pot hasn't stained yet.

There's literally one button on the pot and it could not be more obvious where the water and where the coffee grounds should be placed.

The product is very ergonomic; the spout is movable so getting the basket out of the machine is easy.

I've had this machine for almost a year now. No problems yet!

Decent not great

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

My first overall complaint with this machine is the temperature of the coffee. The coffee was only hot when it was first brewed. After that the plate only kept it lukewarm resulting in me having to microwave the coffee to get it piping hot.

Brew Performance
      The coffee brewed well, very little grounds made it into the po

The coating on the warming plate didn't repel stains very well. If there were drips you needed to immediately wipe it up or you would have a buildup. The pot itself however was very easy to clean.

The opening to pour the water in could be bigger. I often spilled water when filling it even though I was extra careful.

The design was well suited for our limited counter space. A slight issue with the lip of the actual coffee pot . I always poured the coffee over the sink because there was some spillage coming out of the pot

Aside from the issue with the warming plate this is a durable coffee maker. There are no nicks in the coffee pot or wearing on the plastic lid.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I purchased the Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker because I liked the design. The price was very reasonable also. I like the cord storage in the back of the coffee maker. The length of the cord is just right. It isn't so long that it lays all over the counter top getting in the way and it isn't too short that would make it difficult to plug in and use. I did find the color being white and the material being of a plastic type product to be difficult to clean and keep clean. I liked the dual view area in the water reservoir. That makes it very easy to see how much water is being put into the water reservoir area. The coffee basket holds the 8 to 12 cup coffee filter nicely. I did discover that when I wanted to make 4 to 6 cups, a 4 cup coffee filter would work.The coffee carafe is very durable. I have banged it many times against the sink and never chipped or broke the carafe. I did find the handle to be slightly weak when lifting a full pot of coffee off the warmer plate. The one thumb touch placement to lift the lid up from the carafe works great. The warmer plate itself keeps the coffee at a great temperature for a long time. The position of the on/off switch in the front works well for the most part. I did find that while I was doing something on the counter beside the coffee maker, I would inadvertently move the switch from the on to off position or off to on position. Maybe a design with the switch on the side or near the top would help.

Great design

from NA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I received this coffee maker six months back as a gift and am quite delighted owning this product. The product has a great design and finish and the best part of this product is the features. The look is great and looks like a smart watch as it has a timer and is very small and portable as well. I can easily shift it from one place to another as the weight is barely 7 pounds. It is extremely easy to clean the exterior of the product and also it is very easy to refill the coffee maker by opening the filter basket. The timer helps you to get alerted when your coffee is prepared and only Mr. Coffee offers this feature. The product also removes 97% chlorine from the water and makes the coffee tastier and healthy to drink.

Other great features of this product include, a two-hour auto shut-off that keeps your coffee hot for two-hours and then automatically shuts off. I have been using it only for six months and so far it is quite good.

• Brew Performance:

Good for the beginner coffee maker

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This is a great machine, especially for the beginner coffee maker. It is pretty much the machine most people think of when they think of coffee machine, before all the pod makers came out. It's simple and easy to use and makes a great pot of coffee that can be enjoyed by several people before running out.

Brew Performance
      Brews coffee easily and consistently. Does not take too much time either.

Super easy to clean the machine, pot and the water reservoir.

Super simple to use and it would be great for the beginner coffee maker.

This has the classic coffee maker design. It is small and compact and it does not take up very much counter space. Could be left on the counter all the time or easily be stored because of its small size.

I think that this product holds up very well. Even if you use it heavily or frequently. I have had mine for over seven years now and I think that it works just as well now as it did when I first bought it.

Practical

from Edina, MN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

The Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker is a great, practical, everyday coffee maker. I am pretty much the only coffee drinker in our house, so this is maybe a little much for us, but for those who have more coffee drinkers its perfect. I usually just make up a cup or two for the day. It is simple and easy to use as most of these classical, everyday coffee makers are. So its nice for kids to practice on too if they are wanting to learn how to make coffee. It is a quick cleanup and easy setup and easy to function. I am satisfied with it. Nothing fancy, just what you need.

Brew Performance
      Nice brew, depending on the coffee of course, some are more tasty than others.

Simple, quick and easy to cleanup.

Easy to use and setup.

The design is the simple, classical presentation. Nothing over the top, just a practical one.

We have had ours for a year or two now and have not had problems. I am sure it will last awhile more, otherwise they aren't very expensive.