Other Coffee Makers:

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Pros

Cons

One of my favorites I've had

I really loved this twelve cup coffee maker from Mr. Coffee when I had it. I got rid of it when I stopped drinking coffee, But I'm going to get another one again soon, because I really miss it!

Brew Performance
This coffeemaker brews at a pretty regular speed, but I love that it brews so many cups at one time. My fiance and I drink different kinds of coffee (he drinks caffeinated and I drink decaffeinated) so he can brew his one cup, and moments later I brew my several cups of decaffeinated. I didn't have problems with the filter spilling inward or sliding and getting coffee grounds all over the place, as I have had to deal with on some other coffee makers.

Very very simple to clean off.

That is one of my favorite things about this cetain coffee maker, it's SO SIMPLE! That is exactly what I need, none of those timer buttons and different settings, I personally do not need any of those settings. You simple put the water in the back, add your filter and grounds, and bam. That's perfect.

Again, I love that it's so simple, and I really like it in white, because it's different from the average coffee maker, and it matches my other appliances.

It's durable. I always do what I've been told I shouldn't do, which is run cold water in the glass pot right after its had the boiling hot coffee in it, and it's never cracked, as some people I know have said has happened to theirs before. This coffee maker is just right.

nice if you like black coffee makers not so great coffeewise

You would think that since mr. coffee brand has the name coffee in their products you would think that it would automatically make the best coffee, right? not really. the only appeal that the mr. coffee 12 cup switch coffee maker has is it's color, which is black. and everyone knows that black kitchen appliances look cool, which is why i think that they make their coffee makers black to mask the mediocre performance in their products. For one the design is not made for counters  with cabinets above them, it is impossible to pour coffee into the top of it with out doing a weird tilty maneuver because the thing is big for a coffee pot, and the lid flips over and tends to involuntary flip down, spilling water everywhere. and then there is the pot itself, when you make a full 12 cups it spills everywhere when you try and pour that first cup because of it's poor pot design. even when i make half a pot it does the same thing. it also takes too long to brew the coffee, and it evaporates to much of the water and half the time i end up with rocket fuel. i am sorry i know your name is mr. coffee but sir, you do not know coffee.

great gift

from Remlap, AL

About Me Casual Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot

Cons

• Home

Works great

Great coffee pot!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I use this coffee pot everyday. Mr. Coffee is a good product.The brew is always consistent. No matter what brand of coffee , it always tastes good. The Mr. Coffee pot is easy to use. Just fill the coffee pot with cold water to as many cups as you wish to make. Pour into the back chamber, Place a paper filter in front . The basket holder is in the front. Add coffee , push start . Walk away until it is finished. Pour and enjoy.

Brew Performance
    The brew is always consistent.it always tastes good

I rinse my pot out as soon as it is empty. Once every other day I wash it with the dishes. Never use abrasives. Just dish cloth.

Mr. Coffee is so easy to use. Water, filter & coffee. Push start.

The design is perfect. Balance is good.

I have had my Mr. Coffee pot for % yrs.

Great basic coffee maker

from Richmond VA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

If you're just looking for a basic, simple, no-bells-and-whistles kind of coffee maker, this is a great one. It has no frills, but it brews a nice, large pot of coffee and keeps it warm and fresh-tasting all morning. I am a big fan of Mr. Coffee anyway and have never had a bad experience with their products. I definitely recommend this coffee maker.

Brew Performance
    This makes a nice, simple pot of coffee for those who just wants the basics.

This is so easy to clean! The pot is wide-mouthed enough that it's easy to get into it to scrub and the rest just takes a quick vinegar rinse to be fresh as new.

This is a very simple coffee maker. All it takes is the push of a button, no real skill or experience needed. Instructions are barely necessary.

It's not terribly pretty, but it looks good enough for what it's needed for. It doesn't take up too much space on the counter.

This held up pretty well for several years.

• Brew Performance:

dependable and affordable coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Overall if you like long lasting, simple, and affordable then this is the machine for you. It doesn't do anything fancy but it gets the job done.

It's very easy to clean. Just remove the coffee pot and filter carriage, soak them in hot soapy water in the sink, while you use a warm damp rag to wipe down the machine if needed. I believe the coffee pot and filter carriage are also top rack dish washer safe, although I have not used this method of cleaning myself.

I love how easy this coffee maker is to use. I am not one of those people who like something so complex that it takes years to figure out all of its capabilities. I mean all I want is a cup of coffee. So I really like that all I have to do is pour in the desired amount of water, pop in a filter and coffee and press the power button. Sometimes I forget to look at the measure of the water in the pot, so it really helps that you can see the amount of water on the machine as well.

We have been using our Mr. Coffee machine for over five years now and it's still working great. We have bought other coffee makers in the past before this one, that were more expensive and didn't last but maybe a year. So the fact that this simple, less costly one has lasted so long, really surprised us.

Mr. Coffee 12-cup Coffee Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I received my Mr. Coffee 12-cup coffee maker as a gift last Christmas. Since that time, it’s been a very faithful friend to me. This particular coffee pot has only the most basic features … and on/off switch, but that has not stopped it from making a lot of pots of really awesome coffee.
    Not only do I use it for coffee, but I also use it for making iced tea in the summer and hot tea in the winter (to which I add a little Peppermint Schnaaps --- just enough for flavor).
    This has been a very good coffee pot. It makes great coffee and keeps it hot until I’m ready to turn it off. It can be annoying when some of the other coffee makers turn off after an hour and you come back for a re-fill only to find that the remaining coffee in the pot is now COLD! I enjoy knowing it’s going to stay hot for me.
    I would definitely recommend Mr. Coffee Brand to my own family and friends because it consistently puts out a good pot of coffee, and it’s inexpensive as compared to the pots with all the useless bells & whistles.

Brew Performance
    Awesome! I've never had a problem.

It's dishwasher safe, to cleaning is a breeze.

Add water, filter, grounds & turn on the switch. It can't get much simpler.

It takes up very little counter space and is not an eye-sore.

You have to be careful with all glass decanters, but I've been using this one over a year, and the decanter and machine have held up and functioned like NEW.

One of my favorites I've had

Brew Performance

Very very simple to clean off.

Smooth

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

It is easy to use and to set up but can sometimes be a huge pain to clean especially first thing in the morning if you make a mess. Sometimes the lid leaks a bit when you try to pour the coffee or pour the water into the container. I wish that the pot was easier to lift.

• Brew Performance:

Pretty good if you just want a simple coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I've had this coffeemaker for a while and I've never had any problems with it in terms of technical difficulties. It just makes my coffee the way I want it and it's not too watery or anything. It's really easy to clean too and it doesn't take up that much space either in my kitchen. It's literally with a push of a button, my coffee is made by the time I come downstairs after getting dressed. I definitely recommend it for those of you who just want a simple cup of coffee; nothing special in flavors or anything.

a large coffee maker

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

My family owns this item and has had it for years. It is a good basic coffee maker. It is easy to use as one places the coffee grinds on the top with the filter and allows the machine to do the work. Item is somewhat easy to clean given the large size of it and one always has to be careful with coffeemaker pitchers as these tend to be very fragile.
    I really think 12 cups coffeemaker is great for entertaining guests. This takes up much space if you have a small-medium sized kitchen which is my biggest complaint.

Good but too noisy

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I have this coffee maker at my work. It is one of these communal coffee makers which is used by many people. It is very basic one. You can brew coffee and then leave it in the pot to stay war. Well, first of all, it is noisy when it is brewing. Maybe not a big deal for some people but kind of annoying. Another annoying thing is that you cannot remove the pot before it is done brewing. So you have to wait until it is done. Otherwise, it is pretty robust. We have it for more than a year with a very heavy use and it is working.