3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Pretty Good Coffee Pot

After years of using a basic coffee pot, my boyfriend and I decided to get one that actual had more than just an on and off switch. We found this coffee pot on sale, so it was fairly inexpensive for us. The coffee pot has an okay looking design - it could be better but it could be much much worse. It is very simple to use and all of the controls are clearly marked. Put your grounds and water in and hit start, boom, done. Our FAVORITE part of this coffee pot is the delayed brew setting though. You can place your grounds and water in the night before and set it for whenever you wake up. It is amazing to be able to wake up to fresh coffee without having to do anything first thing in the morning. There is a beep so you can hear when your coffee is done. After two hours our pot shuts itself off and it will beep to notify you of that too.

We have had a few problems with the coffee pot. The first problem is the amount of grounds that SOMEHOW get into our coffee. We have no idea why this keeps happening, we have switched coffee filters and cleaned the machine about 20 times. Normally the grounds just settle in the very bottom of the pot so we know to just avoid the last bit of coffee. The second thing we have noticed is how fragile the actual glass pot seems to be. We have broken 2 pots by simply bumping them on the sink and then once on the sink faucet. I have never had such a fragile pot! We are on our third one and hopefully we do not shatter this one any time soon.

Mr. Coffee...you have failed me! I just cannot trust you.

Coffee in the morning is just a basic life necessity.

Coffee in the morning is just a basic life necessity.

When I first saw this modern looking coffee maker I truly believed it would give my kitchen a whole new look. I also liked the warming function.I needed to be able to pour myself coffee during the brew cycle, and this feature was also noted on this machine. The charcoal filter to filter the water was not really important to me since I have a water filter anyway, but it was nice. I noticed that I could put this coffee maker into cleaning mode, and I could even decide on the strength of the coffee by pressing a button. I purchased this coffee maker for 39.99. I brought it home and began using it. The first time I brewed with it, was a breeze. Then came the second time...

I set it up that night and used the timer feature.  I was excited to wake up to coffee all made in the morning.  I was not prepared for the mess I found. I was surprised to find coffee spilling all over my counter and down the sides. I very unhappy when I discovered that the water had spilled all over because the latch under the lid had stuck. I remade the coffee after cleaning up the mess and it worked perfectly.

The next day, I again tried the timer, thinking I had put the basket in wrong the day before. This time when I went downstairs to get my cup of strong coffee everything looked great. I poured my coffee and my cup was full of coffee grounds. My love for this coffee maker was gone.  I no longer trusted it!

I cannot trust this coffee maker to brew a cup of coffee using the timer feature. It is beautiful to look at, but unreliable.  Your beauty is only skin deep!

Coffee makers need to be reliable. In this busy world that we all have created for ourselves, coffee drinkers need a coffee maker that is dependable. We need to be able to make a cup of coffee in the morning without getting frustrated because that frustration can stay with us for the whole day! I am hopeful I will find a new coffee maker that meets all of my desires! I am sorry Mr. Coffee...I cannot recommend this coffee maker.

Pretty Good Coffee Pot

from Kansas

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Large Pot
  • Multiple Settings

Cons

• Everyday
    • Home
    • Office
    • Weekends

The last Mr. Coffee Maker for Me

from MI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I have had a LOT of coffee makers over the past decade or so, and in the beginning of my coffee drinking adventures, I chose Mr. Coffee brand coffee makers. I'm not sure why, it was just a name i was familiar with and the price point on Mr. Coffee coffee makers was pretty reasonable.

Well, my husband and I purchase this coffee maker several years ago, thinking it was a nicer model than some of the others we had bought (that had failed us) and unfortunately, we were wrong.

While the features of this coffee maker are nice, and it kept the coffee very hot, after a few months it just died on us. Failed, stopped working, done.

This has been my experience with Mr. Coffee - one day they work great, the next day, they just stop. So, my experience with this coffee maker was a bad one, especially after we had already been through a couple other Mr. Coffee makers in the previous couple years. It is disappointing, and it was our last Mr. Coffee maker. I just really think coffee makers should last awhile - much longer than a few months.

Just did not last.

Great Coffee Maker!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

We replaced our old Mr. Coffee brand coffee maker with this model and I have to say that it was a great purchase.

It has a handy programmable feature that allows your coffee to be brewed how you like it and when you like it. I also like the handy water filter inserts that help remove any unwanted minerals from the water prior to going into the actual coffee filter and coffee grounds.

The design very trendy, and the auto clean feature is handy since we brew a pot of coffee every single morning.

It brews the coffee fast, and is easy to pour. I also have to say that I like the large blue backlit clock. Not only is it a cool and trendy feature, it serves as a nightlight in our kitchen, cutting the need to turn on lights at night to see.

We've tried several brands of coffee just to see what it can do, and it has not failed us yet.

Brew Performance
    Very fast brewing, and the auto shutoff is great when removing the decanter to pour a cup if you are in a hurry.

In general the decanter and parts are a piece of cake to clean. And the auto clean feature is a great thing to have. We follow the instructions which are included and keep our coffee tasting fresh pot after pot.

It's extremely easy to use. The programmable clock/timer feature are easy as well, but for the casual user, it's a breeze to make a pot of coffee in no time.

Very sleek and trendy, and as I mentioned before, the large blue backlit clock is a great nightlight. It is easy to pour water into the unit, and even easier to pour coffee out of the decanter.

It comes with a cool metal coffee filter, but I abandoned the use of it after a while just to go with the old fashioned white paper coffee filters for ease of use and less cleaning to worry about.

We use this coffee maker every morning for a fresh pot, and sometimes twice a day. It has survived for quite a while here in the country where power surges are common, and works just as well as the day we took it out of the box.

• Brew Performance:

Mr. Coffee is a great machine.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

I am not much of a coffee drinker but this machine is quite attractive. It is nice looking while still not too expensive. I would give it a 10 but I had to return it and just exchanged it for another one because it is a great machine, but had a defective one. It has great performance, including a timer, light, clock, and great cleaning.

Brew Performance
    There is a timer on this coffee maker which makes it quite remarkable. I can set a time, say 6:00am and fill the pot with water and add the coffee. That's it! When 6:00am comes, the machine automatically starts brewing. It is very crucial and essential for the common early bird.

I haven't used the cleaning feature yet but there are clear instructions in the manual. A great tool about this machine is that above the Clean button on the machine, it will light up and beeps once a day until it is clean.

I really think this is a coffee machine for the common man. It has many factors of the high priced machines, but is low cost and not too complicated to operate.

Nice Programmable Machine

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

So in this day and age, I have mostly only used single serve machines. This might be kind of sad, but that's the way it is. So, when we decided to add to our collection of coffeemakers (it just happens...), my husband decided he wanted a 'simple' and 'regular' coffee machine. I already knew I wouldn't use it all that much. I'm just too attached to my other methods. He picked out this one, because it looked cool. It's true that it looks kind of modern and futuristic. My husband wanted to be able to program the coffee machine, so that we wake up to a hot pot of coffee! Since we are basically non-functional in the morning, this part was ideal. So, my husband set it up, and like a little kid on Christmas morning, got so excited to see his coffee already made. Yep, programmable machines have been around for years and years, but we've never had one in the house so it was a big deal. That being said, when I went to do it, I found it complicated and tedious. I'm a techie, I can fix your computer, but this was too difficult. I prefer my coffee maker to be a no-brainer! I did eventually figure it out, but it takes several button pushes. It's great, but if you forget the night before you have to make the coffee in the morning, and while it's not hard, it takes a couple extra minutes. Plus, you have to dose the coffee correctly in order to get the right amount, otherwise you end up throwing out half the pot. All in all, it makes a nice pot and if you think to program it the night before, it's great to have hot, ready-made coffee. But for me, (and eventually my husband), we went back to our single serve for everyday use. However, when we have guests over, it's ideal to make a big pot of coffee. So, it's nice to have on hand, but won't be our everyday machine.

A little too complicated -- lots of buttons

Great Coffee Maker

from Crawfordville, FL

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This is one of the best coffee makers that I have ever had. Its simple to use and has a timer which is great for busy people. Brews hot and has a self turn off feature which is great for people like me who have a tendency to forget to turn things off. Brew at perfect strength as well.

Brews very hot

Very easy to set up

Ive had mine about a year and it works as well as the day I got it!

• Brew Performance:

Amazing coffee from this amazing machine!

from Dickson, TN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

We received this coffee maker as a wedding present and I must say it was one of the best we got!

The best part of this model is all the extra features. There is a way to make the brew darker or lighter, there is a filter to make the best coffee, and there is of course the delay brew function. I loved having the option to get my coffee ready at night and set it for when I woke up the next day.

I also liked the alarm feature that would let me know when the coffee was done brewing instead of just listening for it to stop dripping. The coffee was always good and always really fresh.

My model lasted for six years before it started leaking out of the bottom. Since I figured six years was a pretty good lifespan for a coffee maker (especially an afordable one), we bought a new one.

All in all, this is a great coffee maker and I would definitely recommend it for the coffee enthusiast or just those who like a good cup of joe.

• Brew Performance:

modern looking but just okay

from DES MOINES, IA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

The Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker is a sleek looking up to date modern coffee pot but has a couple flaws.  First off I love the look of it.  The unit looks nice on my counter and the silver accents are very attractive.  It makes a good cup of coffee and an average amount of time.  It beeps when it the coffee is ready but you can also pour a cup of coffee before its finished brewing.  I has an automatic 2 hour timer and it will beep before it shuts off.  Basically I use just the one button to start and stop it.  You can also adjust the temperature of the warmer unit.  I haven't used the timer feature but that might be a selling point to other people.  It also have a strong level and cleaning level.

My biggest drawback of this coffee pot is the lid.  I find the lid very easy to come off and sometimes I have a hard time keeping it on.

Overall a nice modern looking coffee pot that does its job and at an average price.

• Brew Performance:

The finest coffee maker ever made

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

Our choice for coffee makers have always been the Mr. Coffee models and of all the models we have had over the years this model is my favorie, its sleek and works great. The only problem we ran into is the model has a pause and serve feature and the valve kept hanging up so my husband removed them and now there is no problem at all. I don't know if that was a common problem with this model, but all potential buyers should be aware that this can happen.

Great Product

from South Vienna, OH

Comments about Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is great. I had bought another one earlier this year and it stopped working. I bought ths Mr Coffee maker and it works great. I love the new design and has a built in water filtration system. I live out in the county and we use Pur water filter, but with this new design, I can just get the water from the tap. Wonderful Product. Other great things are: - Programmable

- Removable Filter Basket lifts out of Brew Basket for quick-and-easy cleaning.

- Brewing Pause 'n Serve lets you pour a cup of coffee while the coffee maker is still brewing.

- Delay Brew allows you to set your coffee maker up to 24 hours in advance to begin brewing at a specific time.

- 2-Hour Auto Shut-Off keeps your coffee warm for 2 hours and then automatically shuts off.

- Dual Water Windows show the amount of water in the reservoir for accurate filling.

- Special Cleaning Cycle makes cleaning your coffee maker quick-and-easy.

- Adjustable Temperature Warmer Plate lets you decide how hot you want to keep your coffee.

- Brew Strength Selector lets you choose to make your coffee stronger.

- Water Filtration removes up to 97% of chlorine for better-tasting coffee.

- Audible Ready Signals alert you when the coffee maker has finished the brewing or cleaning cycle.

- Fresh BrewTM Timer lets you know how long your coffee has been waiting for you.

- Cord Storage safely stores excess cord to keep your countertop neat.