3.8
BVMC-PSTX91
Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker

Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker

3.8

Pros

• Brews quickly (3)
  • Easy to clean (3)
  • Easy to use (3)

• Everyday (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Everyday drinker (3)

Easy to use, best one I have had in twenty years. Great coffee.

We had a problem with the coffee maker.  After 30 days of use a yellow light came on and we could not get it to turn off.  So we ran the clean cycle, but it remained on along with an annoying loud noise.  In order to still use it,  we kept it unplugged until we were ready to make coffee.  The yellow light remained on while it was brewing, but the noise went away as long as it remained unplugged after using it.  When we called Mr Coffee they walked me through some troubleshooting, after which they happily replaced it.  I was very happy with the customer service and the quick replacement.  Perhaps the one we purchased may have been defective.  We have our new Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffeemaker and I am very happy with it.  The coffee is great and is very fast in comparison to other coffee makers we had.  Also, I never had any problem with the reservoir but then again, I always make sure it clicks in place.

Clean Cycle goes whacko@

We are now about to receive our THIRD Optimal Brew from Jarden, the company that makes Mr. Coffee.  Our first one got stuck on the clean cycle, and we were unable to brew coffee with it--in fact, an alarm sounded and would not turn off!  I called, and they sent a whole new coffeemaker to replace it, free of charge--it was under warranty.  HOWEVER--this second coffeemaker did the exact same thing, again with the blaring alarm part-way through their "automatic" clean cycle.  There is clearly a problem with the programm,ing for the clean cycle.  I called--and they are sending a third unit.  I am hesitant to try the clean cycle--I asked customer service if they had fixed the units, and was told they are aware of the issue.  And you can't NOT clean the unit the way they want--because the clean cycle light turns on telling you to clean it if you have missed the "timeframe" for when it is supposed to be cleaned.  If anyone had told me about all these problems, I would not have bought this unit.  So, I decided to add this review here, so people might know there may be an issue.  Good luck if you buy this coffeemaker...

I love this coffee pot so far

from North Liberty, Iowa

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Doesn't drip on my counter
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Keeps coffee hot without overheating
  • Large Pot
  • No grounds in coffee

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

For the price this is great. I was looking for a carafe coffee pot so I could enjoy all morning long without burning the coffee. It does just that and doesn't get grounds in my coffee or drip on my counter.

Fast, fresh coffee.

from Summerfield, Fl 34491

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
    • Durable
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Large Pot
    • Stylish

• Home
      • Office

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

This coffee maker is great. You have a removable water container that holds the water. The coffee funnel is also removable. You fill up the water tank and put on the machine. You put the coffee grinds in the funnel and install that. Then you put the coffee pot in its position and the coffee filters into the carafe. The carafe is insulated and completely sealed and spill proof. It keeps your coffee warm for several hours. The best part is that there is no hot burner that is cooking the coffee continuously. The coffee pot turns itself off after the coffee has brewed. I like this because it is not breakable and safe around children. Great tasting coffee all day long.

I will buy again

from Missouri

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
      • Easy To Clean
      • Easy To Use
      • Stylish

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

I use this coffee pot everyday. All day. I love the taste of the coffee. It has a water filter and tells you when to clean your pot and does it for you. It is the best coffee pot I have every owned.

Easy to use....Coffee has no flavor!

from palm springs, ca

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

Overall, the ease to set the programming was easy. I liked the removable water tank. The only thing was I didn't like the flavor of the coffee. I truly believe coffee taste best in glass. This has no glass liner inside the thermal. For that reason, I returned it.

Brew Performance
        It brews quickly, in about 7 minutes you have a full pot. It has a filter to keep the chlorine and other chemicals out of your coffee. The only problem...which is a big problem to me, is the flavor. Coffee taste best when it is in glass. It is sad that they didn't put a glass liner inside the thermal container. The metallic makes the coffees flavor poor. This isn't just me, I have some friends over and I asked them, they all agreed...glass.

You just rinse out the thermal container, remove and rinse the filter holder....and it's good to go.

It is pretty easy to use. I love the removable water container! Makes it so easy instead of pouring into coffeemaker

I really like the design! Very pretty on the counter. Buttons are easy to see and use. It's beeping gets annoying though. LED light looks nice and bright in the dark

I really can't comment much on this since I returned it due to the flavor, or lack of, of the coffee. It seems pretty durable.

Easy to Use!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

We have the Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker at the office, and it is a wonderful machine! The convenience of not having to buy and use a coffee filter is so nice, and makes it very easy to use. The water basin is easy to remove and put back, and the machine brews a great cup of coffee. Plus its sleek design makes it an attractive piece in the office!

Love it!!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

Our family goes through a lot of coffee. We have had different models and this is by far my favorite. It keeps the coffee warm for 12+ hours and the tank is removable so you don't have to worry about spilling the water as you are trying to fill it up.

Brew Performance
        I noticed the difference in the flavor of the coffee.

Simple vinegar. Just let everything air out over night and the smell will go away.

Everything pulls apart from the machine. I have never had any problems

Had if for 3 years.

• Brew Performance:

I love this coffee maker.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

I have tried everything from Bunn to Black and Decker and everything in between. Finally, I purchased this Mr. Coffee ten cup thermal coffee maker. I love it becasue I can program it at night, and my coffee is hot and ready in the morning. I have not had any problems with it.

Brew Performance
        This coffee maker brews to perfection. The coffee is hot, just the way I like it. I like that it is a thermal pitcher, which keeps the coffee warmer longer.

I clean this by hand washing the basket that holds the ground coffee with warm soapy water and a soft brush. I do the same with the pitcher, except I use a cloth. Vinegar is good to run through a few times to clean the inside of the coffee maker. Just remember to run hot water through it a few times after using the vinegar. I only do that 2-4 times a year.

I love that the water container is clear, and you can pour the water right into it to see how much you want to use. It is also removable for easy fill up or cleaning.

No complaints! It looks nice and works well.

So far, so good! It has held up nicely, and I drink plenty of coffee throughout the day!

Great little coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

The Mr. Coffee 10-Cup thermal coffee maker is a great coffee making machine. It makes a great tasting coffee and the programmable feature is extremely useful. In the past, I never had time in the morning to make coffee and wait for it to brew before going to work. Now, I am able to set the timer at night and it starts brewing coffee when I an getting into the shower. It is done in time for me to grab a cup or two before heading off to the office. This is the best feature that I have absolutely fallen in love with.

Brew Performance
        It does a great job brewing coffee and has a great flavor.

Cleaning is very simple. The outside just needs a wipe down, and the internals can all be cleaned by brewing a pot of water with no coffee in it. The removable coffee basket is easy to clean and I typically throw it in the dishwasher.

This unit is simple to use and just as simple to program.

Excellent design makes efficient use of counter space.

Good price and Mr. Coffee customer service

Overall great coffee maker

In order to clean this Mr. Coffee product, you need to just use white vinegar and run it through the machine. This seems to take care of the cleaning very well.

I love the way it goes right into the coffee pot. It keeps it pretty hot, sometimes I make a pot in the morning and after work it is still hot enough to just poor and go. I also like the way the "water container" comes off. This is good for cleaning and also to judge the amount of water that you put into the coffee maker.
        I really like that you can start making your coffee and when you are ready as I am first thing in the morning you can pull the coffee pot out and the coffee will stop brewing so you can poor.
        Where you put the grinds also removes for fast cleaning and ease.

The one problem I have had with this coffee maker has been that sometimes the circular on button seems to get stuck and makes a high pitched noise. I found if I kept the coffee maker clean with the vinegar routinely. This did not happen. This problem was something that Mr. Coffee customer service department was able to help me out. Do yourself a favor and clean it every month!

Sturdy and easy

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

I'd give it a 10 if the carafe held more coffee.

I use the metal basket filters, so cleaning is super easy. I'd give it a ten if it cleaned itself.

We bought this model for the metal carafe after my husband broke the glass carafe of the previous coffeemaker while throwing toys to the dog.