3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Easy to use, best one I have had in twenty years. Great coffee.

We had a problem with the coffee maker.  After 30 days of use a yellow light came on and we could not get it to turn off.  So we ran the clean cycle, but it remained on along with an annoying loud noise.  In order to still use it,  we kept it unplugged until we were ready to make coffee.  The yellow light remained on while it was brewing, but the noise went away as long as it remained unplugged after using it.  When we called Mr Coffee they walked me through some troubleshooting, after which they happily replaced it.  I was very happy with the customer service and the quick replacement.  Perhaps the one we purchased may have been defective.  We have our new Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffeemaker and I am very happy with it.  The coffee is great and is very fast in comparison to other coffee makers we had.  Also, I never had any problem with the reservoir but then again, I always make sure it clicks in place.

Clean Cycle goes whacko@

We are now about to receive our THIRD Optimal Brew from Jarden, the company that makes Mr. Coffee.  Our first one got stuck on the clean cycle, and we were unable to brew coffee with it--in fact, an alarm sounded and would not turn off!  I called, and they sent a whole new coffeemaker to replace it, free of charge--it was under warranty.  HOWEVER--this second coffeemaker did the exact same thing, again with the blaring alarm part-way through their "automatic" clean cycle.  There is clearly a problem with the programm,ing for the clean cycle.  I called--and they are sending a third unit.  I am hesitant to try the clean cycle--I asked customer service if they had fixed the units, and was told they are aware of the issue.  And you can't NOT clean the unit the way they want--because the clean cycle light turns on telling you to clean it if you have missed the "timeframe" for when it is supposed to be cleaned.  If anyone had told me about all these problems, I would not have bought this unit.  So, I decided to add this review here, so people might know there may be an issue.  Good luck if you buy this coffeemaker...

I will buy again

from Missouri

About Me Everyday Drinker

Pros

• Brews Quickly
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Stylish

Cons

• Everyday

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

I use this coffee pot everyday. All day. I love the taste of the coffee. It has a water filter and tells you when to clean your pot and does it for you. It is the best coffee pot I have every owned.

Easy to use....Coffee has no flavor!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

Overall, the ease to set the programming was easy. I liked the removable water tank. The only thing was I didn't like the flavor of the coffee. I truly believe coffee taste best in glass. This has no glass liner inside the thermal. For that reason, I returned it.

Brew Performance
    It brews quickly, in about 7 minutes you have a full pot. It has a filter to keep the chlorine and other chemicals out of your coffee. The only problem...which is a big problem to me, is the flavor. Coffee taste best when it is in glass. It is sad that they didn't put a glass liner inside the thermal container. The metallic makes the coffees flavor poor. This isn't just me, I have some friends over and I asked them, they all agreed...glass.

You just rinse out the thermal container, remove and rinse the filter holder....and it's good to go.

It is pretty easy to use. I love the removable water container! Makes it so easy instead of pouring into coffeemaker

I really like the design! Very pretty on the counter. Buttons are easy to see and use. It's beeping gets annoying though. LED light looks nice and bright in the dark

I really can't comment much on this since I returned it due to the flavor, or lack of, of the coffee. It seems pretty durable.

Easy to Use!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

We have the Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker at the office, and it is a wonderful machine! The convenience of not having to buy and use a coffee filter is so nice, and makes it very easy to use. The water basin is easy to remove and put back, and the machine brews a great cup of coffee. Plus its sleek design makes it an attractive piece in the office!

Love it!!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

Our family goes through a lot of coffee. We have had different models and this is by far my favorite. It keeps the coffee warm for 12+ hours and the tank is removable so you don't have to worry about spilling the water as you are trying to fill it up.

Brew Performance
    I noticed the difference in the flavor of the coffee.

Simple vinegar. Just let everything air out over night and the smell will go away.

Everything pulls apart from the machine. I have never had any problems

Had if for 3 years.

• Brew Performance:

I love this coffee maker.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

I have tried everything from Bunn to Black and Decker and everything in between. Finally, I purchased this Mr. Coffee ten cup thermal coffee maker. I love it becasue I can program it at night, and my coffee is hot and ready in the morning. I have not had any problems with it.

Brew Performance
    This coffee maker brews to perfection. The coffee is hot, just the way I like it. I like that it is a thermal pitcher, which keeps the coffee warmer longer.

I clean this by hand washing the basket that holds the ground coffee with warm soapy water and a soft brush. I do the same with the pitcher, except I use a cloth. Vinegar is good to run through a few times to clean the inside of the coffee maker. Just remember to run hot water through it a few times after using the vinegar. I only do that 2-4 times a year.

I love that the water container is clear, and you can pour the water right into it to see how much you want to use. It is also removable for easy fill up or cleaning.

No complaints! It looks nice and works well.

So far, so good! It has held up nicely, and I drink plenty of coffee throughout the day!

Great little coffee maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

The Mr. Coffee 10-Cup thermal coffee maker is a great coffee making machine. It makes a great tasting coffee and the programmable feature is extremely useful. In the past, I never had time in the morning to make coffee and wait for it to brew before going to work. Now, I am able to set the timer at night and it starts brewing coffee when I an getting into the shower. It is done in time for me to grab a cup or two before heading off to the office. This is the best feature that I have absolutely fallen in love with.

Brew Performance
    It does a great job brewing coffee and has a great flavor.

Cleaning is very simple. The outside just needs a wipe down, and the internals can all be cleaned by brewing a pot of water with no coffee in it. The removable coffee basket is easy to clean and I typically throw it in the dishwasher.

This unit is simple to use and just as simple to program.

Excellent design makes efficient use of counter space.

Good price and Mr. Coffee customer service

Overall great coffee maker

In order to clean this Mr. Coffee product, you need to just use white vinegar and run it through the machine. This seems to take care of the cleaning very well.

I love the way it goes right into the coffee pot. It keeps it pretty hot, sometimes I make a pot in the morning and after work it is still hot enough to just poor and go. I also like the way the "water container" comes off. This is good for cleaning and also to judge the amount of water that you put into the coffee maker.
    I really like that you can start making your coffee and when you are ready as I am first thing in the morning you can pull the coffee pot out and the coffee will stop brewing so you can poor.
    Where you put the grinds also removes for fast cleaning and ease.

The one problem I have had with this coffee maker has been that sometimes the circular on button seems to get stuck and makes a high pitched noise. I found if I kept the coffee maker clean with the vinegar routinely. This did not happen. This problem was something that Mr. Coffee customer service department was able to help me out. Do yourself a favor and clean it every month!

Sturdy and easy

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

I'd give it a 10 if the carafe held more coffee.

I use the metal basket filters, so cleaning is super easy. I'd give it a ten if it cleaned itself.

We bought this model for the metal carafe after my husband broke the glass carafe of the previous coffeemaker while throwing toys to the dog.

Coffee Maker Stopped Working

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

After 15 years I was forced to buy a new coffee maker. Out of the blue my old one just stopped working. I tried to fix it, clean it, but there was no bringing it back to life. So I ran out with the intent of getting a new one. I really didn't think it would matter where I bought it from, especially if I was buying a brand I trusted. So I took a coupon, might as well save a little. I went into the store and saw this beautiful Mr. Coffee stainless steel coffee maker. I like the thermal carafe that keeps the coffee warm for hours, so as soon as I saw this model I thought "this is the one for me." It was pricey, but I thought if it lasts as long as my last one, well worth the money. Boy was I wrong. It worked for a month, and now my coffee tastes terrible, and isn't even hot. I tried to follow the manual to fix things, but it's not working. I would have to say I should have read other reviews before I bought. I think Mr. Coffee should really take a look at this model. I hope it is just a fluke, but mine stopped working.

Brew Performance
    It worked for a little over a month. And I think every 5 brews the coffee comes out hot. I am not sure why the rest of the times the coffee is only warm.

It's easy to clean. I have cleaned it, based on the alarm to clean it. Now I have only had it for three months. I don't know if I should have to clean it yet, but I was hoping it would help it work. It didn't.

Very easy to use. No problems there.

I guess the design is ok. When the coffee is hot, the carafe keeps it that way. It has a strong and a regular brew cycle which I like.

It stopped working correctly after a month or so. I would say durability is low at least with the one I got.

• Brew Performance:

Great Tasting, Quick Coffeemaker!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Optimal Brew Thermal Coffee Maker:

I Love this Coffeemaker. We went through many coffeemakers due to having hard water. Then we found this one. It brews within 10 minutes and always tastes great! The coffee stays warm even after the 2 hour timer stay fresh timer goes off since it is in a thermal carafe. We have never had the brewing time slow down and we have had this for over a year. I love the Clean light because you know when it is time to run vinegar through the system to make it clean again. It always tastes fresh and really is the best coffeemaker we have ever had.

You have to make sure you have vinegar on hand to clean when the light comes on. If you have hard water, you will have to clean more often.

It made it through a moving company packing up our house and moving us!