3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser: Really works, saved son a lot of trouble

Last year I invested in a **Mr. Clean Magic Eraser**.  While it was still sitting in the cupboard I received a hoax e-mail about how toxic it was.  It sounded scary but Snopes.com and a follow up e-mail by the sender apologizing for bad information cleared up those worries.

My main target for Mr. Clean Magic Eraser was the area below the stair railing going up my steps.  **If you have little short people going up your stairs, you know the drill. ** They aren't really tall enough to reach the rail so they slides their little hands along the wall with each step.  Anyway, other wipes and cleaners had not helped.

**What in the world was on this wall? ** My top five guesses would be jelly smears, maple syrup smears, marker stains, good ole' dirt and probably even some dried snot.  Mr. Clean really did magically erase all of the stains.  **Some elbow grease was required in some places but boy did my wall look so much better.**

The real test came when my new writer **decided to write in black in pen on light colored (less than a year old) bedroom furniture**.  Can you believe he wrote "Mom" and drew hearts everywhere?  You want to be furious but then again you're so touched, well just for a second until you see that the wash cloth and water, then cloth with furniture polish isn't working.

That's when my daughter said, ***"What about the Magic Eraser thingy?"*** We tried it and it worked! The Magic Eraser saved my son from a lot of trouble, this time. I'll stay stocked up on Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They are a lot cheaper and easier than repainting the walls.

I love Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and Febreze but NOT together!

***Quick View:*** I love the original[ Mr. Clean Magic Erasers][1] but hate these. They are messy and not even the same material as the original. . **My Take on ****Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner Cleaning Pads**I absolutely love the original Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and feel it truly works magic on so many surfaces. I THOUGHT that was what I was buying when I picked up a box of these. I quickly found out how wrong I was! When I wet a **Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner Cleaning Pad** and started to clean my sink, all this foam started to appear. I had no idea what was going on. The original have no foam and don't require any rinsing or wiping dry. These sponges were completely different. They had loads of foam that needed to be rinsed off and then I had to use a dry rag to keep things from streaking. I barely smelled any scent but what I did smell wasn't citrus. It was super subtle and didn't leave a fresh scent behind.The **Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner Cleaning Pad** seems much more flimsy than the original and doesn't do anywhere near the job that the original non-foaming erasers do. In fact, these seem to be a completely different product. These are just cheap sponges with built in cleanser that activates when wet. I used these sponges on my tub and sink and they weren't very effective at getting the areas clean. They also needed to be rinsed or else the foam would streak and cause issues. On metal fixtures, these sponges left a huge mess of foam behind. I had to wipe each one down with a damp cloth and follow up with a dry one to avoid streaks.After a few uses, the **Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner Cleaning Pad** fell apart and I threw it away. I still have one left but I am going to the store tomorrow for the REAL Magic Erasers. The ones that are super durable and not messy. If I wanted foam, I would use a foaming product. If I wanted to have to rinse and dry the areas I was cleaning, I would use a spray. The "magic" of the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers is that they work well without chemicals or the need for sprays and they don't make any sort of mess. They have nothing in them to irritate the skin or trigger allergies. Although the scent is light enough that my own allergies were not bothered, I imagine some people may be sensitive to the scent and that would cause them problems.

**My Viewpoint**I am very disappointed in the **Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner Cleaning Pads** and will not buy them again. They come in two and four packs as well as in bulk but I have no need for them. They're flimsy and messy.****

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Mr-Clean-Magic-Eraser-Extra-Power-review-c8dd

Perfect when you have small kids around.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner, Febreze Fresh Scent Citrus & Light:

I love the magic erasers! They are great and probably my go to cleaning product for when their is anything that is a little hard to get off somewhere. The best part about these is how many different things they are able to take off of surfaces. I have five kids and I babysit some nieces and nephews, so my house is always full of kids ranging from newborns to teens. The younger kids always seem to find a pen, marker, crayon, or sharpie somewhere in the house and think that my walls need to be decorated, this has happened many, many times. I love that all I have to do is get these magic erasers off and scrub a little and they take it all off, even the sharpie! The febreze added into the magic eraser is such a bonus as everywhere I clean then has a nice and fresh citrus smell that lasts for a while. I use these on my walls constantly as they do not remove the paint and they take off all of the dirt and debris that is left behind from little hands. They work extremely well and are a staple in my household.

The foam on these does nothing to help the cleaning power.

from West Virginia

I really liked the original in these because they truly erase and remove marks but this formula just isn't my thing. I bought these thinking they would be better than the original because they had foaming power and a nice scent.

I opened these up to get some scuff marks off of my baseboards around the house. I started scrubbing the baseboards and the foam started coming out. At first, I thought it was neat but after a while, I realized the scuff marks weren't coming off as easily as I would like. I scrubbed very hard to try to remove the scuff marks but these sponges started to fall apart. It was really disappointing. I liked the idea that these had a scrubbing side on them but I didn't like that they fell apart so easy. They did seem to work pretty well on the stove top but another disappointing factor to these is that I needed a wet cloth to wipe away the remnants of the foam from the eraser.

I would not purchase these anymore. I prefer the original formula. Even though these give a nice scent, they don't hold up to the test.

They work well on the stove top but they don't work well when I have to scrub a lot. They fall apart too easily. I like the foam and the nice scent but they fell apart when I tried to scrub with them on the baseboards.

The scent is actually kind of nice. They smell pleasant and kind of citrusy.

Tough On Stains.

from Blackwell, OK

I remember when Mr. Clean Magic Eraser first came out, and have loved it since day one. I first bought it when my children were toddlers and like making artwork of the walls in our house. There isn't anything else that is able to get crayon markings and tough stains off walls and other items. I clean rental properties and always have a supply on these because they are such great cleaners. Not only does it get crayon markings off the wall, but it cleans nicotine and smoke damage from walls. I've even used it on thick soap scum on sinks and bathtubs. It usually takes a little elbow grease, but it leaves the bathroom shiny can clean.

Mr. Clean Magic Erasers makes a great stain remover and disinfectant. What I like about this brand is it leaves a nice citrus scent to everything I clean with it.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner, Febreze Fresh Scent Citrus & Light has a nice light scent that remains on everything you clean with it.

Bad Bad Bad

from Kansas

I do not understand the hype surrounding the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's not spectacular by any means. It's simply an expensive sponge that falls apart fairly quickly. This is the worst of the Magic Erasers I've tried though.

Firstly, the amount of foam that comes out of the Magic Eraser is ridiculous. It just kind of got everywhere and left the area sticky so I had to follow up with a damp rag. Once again I did not notice anything special about how the eraser cleaned surfaces. I saw nothing different when comparing it to using a normal sponge for cleaning. It didn't have the cleaning power I expected either. The febreze scent included in the sponge was okay, so I guess that's a good thing. But really, it's simply an overpriced low quality sponge. That's it.

Instead you could just go buy a cheap sponge with a scrubber side and a little bottle of multipurpose cleaner for a cheaper price. I don't recommend the Magic Eraser at all. It's just a sponge!

works well to remove stains

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner, Febreze Fresh Scent Citrus & Light is a great way to clean and get rid of some of the most stubborn stains. You just use one of the squares, get it wet, and use it to scrub off whatever stain might be on a sink, wall, etc. Since this also has Febreze, it is a really great scent when you clean.

These are a little on the expensive side when compared to different spray cleaners that are available, but they work so much better at getting ride of soap scum. There also aren't normally coupons for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, but I don't mind spending more on them since they work so well.

These work really well to get surfaces clean. I especially find it useful when trying to get rid of built on soap scum.

These have a great fresh scent, just like all other Febreze products. It leaves your bathroom smelling fresh after you use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Not as tough as it claims to be.

Raising 3 young kids isn't easy. You definitely can't keep an eye on all 3 of them all the time. My youngest son just doesn't seem to understand that the walls are not a space for him to draw with crayons or markers. With so many marks on the walls, I decided to buy Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner, Febreze Fresh Scent Citrus & Light and try cleaning with it.
It smells great. I smelled it even when it was still closed in its package. When I used it to scrub the walls with it, the smell stuck on the walls and left the room smelling so refreshing and great.
Although it does smell wonderful, unfortunately I can not say the same thing about its cleaning power. I was cleaning the marks on the wall that my son made using a crayon, but I had to scrub really hard to get them to come off. It took me a long time to get all the marks off as well. It just wasn't what I expected at all. I was really hoping it wouldn't take so much effort from me to get it clean. I scrubbed so hard that I was scared to scrub the paint off of the wall. I had to scrub that hard in order for it to clean.
For the price I paid for Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner, Febreze Fresh Scent Citrus & Light, and for the way it cleaned the walls, I will not be purchasing this item again.

I love the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner w/febreze.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Wow, is the best word I can come up with to describe my reaction to the awesome job the Mr. Clean magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner, Febreze Fresh Scent Citrus and Light. First of all the best part of this magic eraser was the foaming cleaner and the febreze scent. When my daughter was a toddler she treated her bedroom walls as if they were a piece of construction paper. She would write and draw all over them. My friend was visiting one evening and saw the walls in my daughters bedroom. I was telling her how I was going to have to paint the walls to cover up all of the writing on it. She recommended that I try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Foaming Cleaner. I went right out and purchased a couple of them, went home got a bucket of warm water and went to scrubbing. It was amazing how the crayon and marker wiped right off of the walls and the dirt washed off as well. I will say this, these magic erasers are not for large cleaning jobs. It took a few of these magic erasers to get my daughters wall clean. You only get one use out of these magic erasers. That's one of the down falls to this product. It is not worth the price you pay for them. But overall these magic erasers are great and well put together.

I believe in magic!

This product really is magic. It has done wonderful things in my household. First of all you can use this magic eraser several times before it no longer works making it a great value for the money. It's very cost effective and most people can afford it. You can also sometimes find coupons for this product. Once my two year old daughter got a hold of a pen and decided to draw all over her walls and wooden door. I tried everything to get it off but nothing was working. Finally a friend recommended the magic eraser and it really worked for me! It did take a little effort to get it all off but it did work! I also like to use this on my craft table after I'm done painting! It gets off all the paint including the dried paint. The scent is also very nice! I will buy this product again definitely.

Excellent performance! Works on the toughest stains.

Great scent. The only thing I didn't like about the scent was it smelled a little like chemicals. Other than that it was great!

Magic Eraser Really Is Magic!

from Portland, TX

The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser really stuns me every time I use it. I just do not understand how it works so well without an explanation. I have been using this product for years and it honestly works wonders. I have used it to clean scuff marks and bug guts marks (haha) off of my white painted walls. It is especially helpful because I have children in my home, constantly making messes and scuffed up the floors and walls. It takes the mess right out of virtually any surface. I have even used these babies to clean my toilet. To rid toilets of the dreaded toilet ring, cut off a small square of the Magic Eraser and leave it in the toilet over night. When you wake up the next morning, the toilet ring should be gone and the square should have completely disintegrated. It also clears the toilet of the stinky urine smell when you leave it in overnight, while disinfecting the bowl.

Fresh and clean magic eraser

from Richmond VA

I am a huge fan of magic erasers! They make it so easy to get stains out, especially scuff marks on doors, walls, baseboards, etc. There are so many other uses for magic erasers that they should be a staple in every household! These are particularly nice because of the addition of a citrus scent. It helps to keep that sterile, clinical scent of most cleaning products out of the house and leaves behind a very pleasant, fresh scent that brightens the room. These are especially nice for bathroom cleaning.

I really loved using these. They left my bathroom absolutely sparkling, from the tub to the door frames. They are sturdy enough to withstand a decent scrubbing, but not so tough that they will leave scratches or take off paint.

The scent of these is really lovely. Everything smelled very summery and fresh, but it wasn't so overwhelming like some cleaners with added scents can be.