2.3

MovieGoods.com

2.3

I Ordered a poster from them on the 9th of January, No Comms

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

I ordered a poster from them on the 9th of January. I am in Australia and so paid for expedited international shipping. My order total is approx US 170. My credit card was charged straight away but to date I have not received an order confirmation, any responses to my numerous emails and no information in relation to shipping.

I am worried I have lost my money to a scam. Their password reset does not even work. I thought I would log on to their site and try that way (even though haven't received any email in relation to my account with them following my purchase!!!). It accepted my email address but no password was sent. I know it matched my email, as I tried a fake email to verify and it responded that the email was incorrect.

This is *EXREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE* and I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend these guys. I have seen earlier comments in relation to opening a case with the BBB, but I am not sure what this is being in Australia and not being famiilar with the US.

Steer clear guys, hope I get my *EXPENSIVE* poster in this life time 8-(

Beautiful Posters!

Pros

Cons

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

I received a poster back a few years ago and was less than pleased with the quality and how long it took to receive my poster. But I recently came across a poster that I really wanted that only MovieGoods offered and I decided to give them another chance. The quality of print and turnaround time both have improved phenomenally as I received my poster within a couple of days! Not only have they improved their product but their prices are lower than ever as well! I will definitely be coming back to them!

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

website claims orders filled in 7-14 business days. It took a month!!!!! took my money to have order sent ups sent it snail mail. Took 6 days once mailed to reach my daughter in Lake Worth,Fl from N.C. no communication at all. customer service attitude they didnt care. DO NOT USE. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

movie poster very poor quaility copy on cheap paper

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

The 1st and last I ordered a movie poster from moviegoods.com it stated it was a "new movie poster" what I got was a copy of the movie poster I sought the quality was very poor with reproduction lines runnimg the lenght of the print also the color was not even close to the original poster the paper it was printed on was a low grade and to top it off it was not evenly cut across the top which was very visable with the stars in the movie names running the same lenght. When contacting customer service they realized there errors and the only option they gave me was to return it at my cost for refund after paying the $15.99 shipping and handling to get the wrong poster they what me to fork out another $8.87 to sent it back to them,the poster didn't even cost that much.......read there purchase disclaimers or don't even take a chance dealing with moviegoods.com

Made purchase, expidited shipping; never received product.

from Spring, TX

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

I purchased two posters from this site and paid for expidited shipping.  They never shipped the product, nor did they communicate with me.  I tried calling and received a message saying voicemail has not been set up.  Avoid these guys, they are scammers. Flat out horrible.

Fraudulent

from Lyndhurst, NJ

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

We ordered 4 posters from here for a business conference with a movie theme. It took a week and a day for them to ship the posters, despite our calling every day to ask what the status was. We got no answers from the hapless, unhelpful staff. When the posters finally arrived, they were badly inkjetted copies of the original posters. At least this explained what took so long. They never answered my repeated emails, rarely answered thier phone. The only reason they can still be in business is because of ingnorance of their awful business practices. Hopefully this review will change that.

Impressed with the big selection.

from Spokane, WA

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

I was looking for an old 1940s movie poster when I found the moviegoods site. They had what I was looking for (House of Dracula) and more than I ever imagined. Im very happy with the poster and will b uy from them again in the future.

Disappointed with purchase, product was simply poor quality.

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

For the price paid, my expectations were limited, but when I receifed the framed poster, I was very disappointed.   The issue was the frame.  It cost 15 dollars, plus 7 sollars for shipping, and was extremely cheap.  The plexiglas was so thing that it was pilable.  It looked bad and I did not want to give it as a gift as intended.

Although the customer service was friendly, they lacked options.  They allowed the return, but made me pay the return shipping.  I ended up with only a 7 dollar credit and I'm sure they profited on the "return".

I would avoid purchasing from this company.

One-Stop Shop for Rare Movie Posters and Lobby Cards

from Austin, TX

Comments about MovieGoods.com:

MovieGoods.com features a vast selection of vintage one-sheets, lobby cards, and stills from the '30s through the present. So whether you're looking for the poster for *Citizen Kane *or *Don't Mess with the Zohan*, you will find it here, among the over 350,000 items offered for sale.Just search for the title of your favorite film on the site, and chances are that you will be able to choose from several different designs, from both US and foreign releases, and if the movie is old enough, lobby cards, 11 x 14 promotional items that would be displayed in the lobbies of theatres, hence the name.MovieGoods features both original items and "recreations." Both have their drawbacks. The vintage items may be a bit worn, and folded; the "masterprints" are digital reproductions, and may not be authentic enough for you. The price is generally the same, regardless, so I tend to prefer the ones designated as "original item."While MovieGoods makes it clear that they don't sell DVDs, they do offer affordable framing and lightboxes to display your purchases.Looking around my office, about half the artwork on the walls came from this site. The prices at MovieGoods aren't cheap, but bargains can be found. Last summer, they sold a huge chunk of their inventory of original one-sheets for 99 cents each. Overall, the cost involved is generally fair, and the customer service is excellent.