Other Sodas & Beverages:
Mountain Dew
Mountain Dew - Diet

Mountain Dew - Diet

Love the stuff! It's the best!

I love Diet Mt Dew. I am such a huge fan and drink so much of the stuff. I never learned to drink coffe or tea and cannot drink dark colas at all. So when I discovered Mt Dew a few years ago, it was a god send. Finally caffeine in a good tasting drink. I could make it thru boring meetings without nodding off. I could keep going when I still had another hour of errands before I was done. I could drive car pool without getting sleepy. It was amazing. When I have had a short nite, the Dew keeps me going all day. I don't know how I would get thru a day without it. Now I know why people love caffeine. I just never understood until I discover Mt Dew. The best part is that it comes in diet and has absolutely no calories, because I just can't afford to gain any weight and I can't give up my Mt Dew. It doesn't really taste like anything else out there on the market. Nothing else comes close to being a substitute for it. Its an original and its great!

Not that into Diet Mountain Dew

I have tried diet mountain dew on several different occasions and I just can not handle the taste. Number one, it doesn't taste like regular mountain dew at all. Number two, it has an almost alka seltzer taste to me. It just doesn't have the same impact that reagular mountain dew has on me. If I have a headache and drink diet mountain dew, it does nothing for me, but if I drink regular mountain dew, my headache subsides some. I know it may sound a little strange, because the products actually really aren't that different from each other, but that is how they effect me. I would not recommend drinking the diet mountain dew, if you want that same great, crsip taste of regualr mountain dew. The taste is just not there for me at all. I feel that if it did taste like regular mountain dew and still had zero calories, I would drink it all the time. Until it changes, tastes better, or my taste buds change, I will not be drinking diet mountain dew, and I will not recommend it to anyone!

Caffeine overload

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

I Somewhat like Diet Mountain Dew. I don't drink mountain dew on a regular basis. I think it has a lot of caffeine in it. But, when I am in need of a quick pick me up and I don't want coffee, Diet Mountain Dew definitely does the trick. It is a bit too sweet for my liking but, it is highly carbonated and refreshing. It actually doesn't have an extremely noticeable after taste that is bothersome to me which, is odd because diet products generally do. Mountain Dew -Diet is best tasting when it is ice cold. It can give you a nice pick me up or satisfy a sweet tooth as well. I enjoy it from time to time with my husband while he watches the game. I don't think it is good for small children because of the caffeine. I wouldn't recommend this for children at all. It is a tasty refreshing drink for adults though.

LOVE IT -- Ashamed?

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

OKAY. Here's the thing about Mountain Dew.

When I was growing up, my father EXCLUSIVELY drank beer and Mountain Dew. (There's some insight to my childhood, huh?)

So I know I had my first sip (of Mountain Dew.. we weren't hooligans!) when I was young enough I probably shouldn't have even been eating candy, much less guzzling the more caffeinated, likely more carcinogenic version that is soda.

Then came the days when I appreciated the power of caffeine and needed the pick me up and loved the refreshment of carbonated drinks. Then I met Diet Mountain Dew.

Okay, so first off, it tastes substantially different. In the same vein, that nothing really tastes like Mountain Dew, and Diet Mountain Dew definitely is on that same branch of the soda phylogenic tree. But you wouldn't mistake one for the other.

And from experience, most people I've talked with who love Mountain Dew (father included) HATE Diet Mountain Dew.

But people who love diet drinks? LOVE Diet Mountain Dew.

So refreshing, so smooth, so caffeinated.

Diet Mountain Dew is the best diet soda I have tasted!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

I must say I am not a fan of artificial sweeteners or diet drinks in general. However, I have been in a couple situations where diet drinks have been my only option. I am a regular Mountain Dew Drinker. And since I do not drink coffee, I like the boost the caffeine gives me that I get from Mountain Dew. I tried the diet version at a friends house since it was the only soda she had. When I tried it, it surprised me. It tasted way better than any diet soda I had ever tried. It didn't have that strong after-taste that most diet drinks have. Most diet drinks give me a stomach ache. This diet soda did not. Diet Mountain Dew tastes very close to the regular version. Since I love Mountain Dew so much, I drink more than I should. I had put on a few extra pounds and decided to replace my regular Mountain Dew with Diet Mountain Dew. Those extra pounds dropped off. A great choice if you love Mountain Dew but do not love the calories.

Best diet soda!

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

Mountain Dew Diet is one of the best tasting diet soda's in my opinion! What I like about Mountain Dew Diet is that it still tastes just like the original Mountain Dew. It's not overly sweet from the aspartame sugar, but it's not too tart. It's a perfect combination of diet soda, sweet, and sour! It's great if you're a Mountain Dew fan but don't want to intake all those calories. I highly recommend it!

A 'diet' drink that doesn't taste diet and has NO aftertaste!

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

I love regular mountain dew but can't have all that sugar. The diet version tastes sweet and quenches my thirst. It truly tastes like the sugary version but has hardly any calories (10) in a 20 ounce bottle. Its sweetened with aspartame which I have not usually liked in other products, but, mountain dew got the sweetness perfect and you can't even tell the difference. This was evidenced not only by me but I mixed a drink for my husband who usually drinks regular version with his whisky cocktail and he didn't even notice at all. I really enjoy it and they are available everywhere in several different sizes including the 2 liter and a mini-bottle for packing in lunches or on the go in your car. This diet drink is the best one on the market.

Has a following for a reason

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

Ahhh Diet Mountain Dew, this is one of my favorite diet sodas which is really saying something because I'm a diet drinker and because I like variety. I find it to be less sweet than some of it's diet citrus soda competition which is just right for me. Has a unique flavor that is crave worthy.

Such a let down

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

It is normal for diet sodas to be a let down, but this soda is just awful. I know diet sodas are good because they have no calories, but to me, the calories are worth it just to avoid drinking this. The taste is awful and hard to even finish a whole can, bottle, etc. So if you can find another diet soda to drink, do it!

Tastes great for diet soda!

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

The first couple sodas I had after switching to Diet Mountain Dew, the slight aftertaste did bother me a little. Now that I'm used to it, however, I feel like the regular Mountain Dew is too sweet. It almost makes me a little sick to drink a whole can of regular now. There is still a slight aftertaste, but I love the taste going down. For diet soda, this is a great product. No guilt on the calories!

Diet Mountain Dew has a great, thirst quenching flavor.

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

There is some bad stigma surrounding Diet Mountain Dew, but in reality it really doesn't have ingredients or caffeine content much different from any other diet soda. What it does have though is a unique flavor unlike any other soda, and I very much enjoy it. I say... drink up!

diet dew

Comments about Mountain Dew - Diet:

Diet moutian dew is a very unique soda it has just the right amout of carbonation and flavor it is very refrshing and very low in calories. Diet moutian dew is low in calories and easy to lose weight after a workout. it comes in many convienient packages.