Other Tablets:

Motorola XOOM Android Tablet

Pros

Cons

Good Tablet for the Price

The Motorola xoom is a good tablet for the price. it is not the best tablet on the market but the price is reasonable and if you cant afford one of the more expensive tablets , than this one is a good choice. The design is sleek and modern and it is fairly light weight. It is backlit which makes it good for reading. You can get most any app you want in the app store. It runs well, it is pretty quick and does not seem to freeze up or slow down. I like the design and it easily fits into a purse or backpack and is great for travel. It has a good battery lifethat lasts a long time and has many options including accessing the internet,a camera, an E-reader, video camera and plenty of apps to choose from. I really like this tablet as it is an inexpensive option to the more pricey tablets on the market.

Battery Life
Battery charge lasts a long time.

Fairly fast

What you woud expect

Large selection of apps

Sleek and modern

Seems to be very durable.

Very poor design and lasting ability.

Overall the Xoom looks nice but for me that was about it. It felt solid in my hands but the weight got tiresome after a short while. I found that it took exceptionally long to boot up and often locked up during the boot. I found that the touch responsiveness was VERY sporadic and many times it took multiple taps to register and more times than not actually responded to the multiple swipes after freezing over shooting the page I was intending to get to. Browsing was OK when it worked but this may have much more to do with android then the tablet itself. The added mem slot on top of the device is extremely poor in it's construction. It takes 2 types of media and if you are not careful you can slip one in the incorrect slot and it gets lost and unable to retrieve like it happened to me. Rather than to have the slots side by side they are pancaked on top of each other, VERY poor design. After about a week the tablet refused to boot up/turn on. No matter what I tried, and I did try EVERYTHING, it simply wouldn't turn on. Had to return it and bought a different tablet altogether by a completely different manufacturer.

Good Tablet for the Price

from Wrightstown NJ

Battery Life
Battery charge lasts a long time.

Fairly fast

What you woud expect

Large selection of apps

Sleek and modern

Seems to be very durable.

• App Availability:

Excellent tablet for many personal and business use.

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

Overall Excellent Tablet. No Complaints.

Battery Life
Rarely needs charged and charges quickly when needed.

Processing Speed
Apps and pages load quickly.

Weight
Not too heavy for a 10" tablet.

App Availability
Uses the Android marketplace. Plenty of apps available for free or for a small fee.

Smooth Sleek design with front and rear facing cameras.

I use a cover and use it daily. No cosmetic damage despite its daily use.

• App Availability:

Great alternative to an iPad

from Yakima, WA

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

It has been a couple of years since I purchased the Motorola XOOM tablet and I couldn't be happier with it. My initial purchase was in place of a new laptop. I have my computer at work and just needed something to check social media, sports scores and news outlets at home. It has fulfilled all of my expectations, even exceeding them.

large screen

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

we have tried out a few tablets and find this one the easiest to use

Battery Life
took awhile to charge at first

Processing Speed
pretty fast, depending on the wireless connection

a little heavy; the drawback of a 10.1 screen

App Availability
more available than on a cell phone. Easy to download

so far so good

Didn't work out for me

from Kalispell, MT

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

I bought my tablet from my wireless carrier with mobile access. I liked it when I received it but then it started to show problems connecting to 3G. After 2 different SIM cards I finally just returned it to Verizon and cancelled my contract. It was a headache with the 3G not working. I finally decided to just get an iPad

ereader & more

from West Yellowstone, MT

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

I was looking for a device I could use to read books as well as have access to my email and the internet. I decided on a Xoom tablet and I am totally satisfied with my choice. I not only have Google books to choose from but I also downloaded an app for Kindle and Kobo.

Battery Life
It lasts as long as I need it.

Processing Speed
Does the job I need it to do.

Weight
Comfortable to carry in my bag when travelling.

Found many useful apps.

heavy

from Bellevue, WA

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

i bought this at first because it is on sale on the store. however i feel like it is not as good as the other tablet i own before. it is on the heavier side and this really bother me. the response sensitive is not as good either. it is kinda slow and crash often.

Motorola Xoom Review

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

I received the Motorola Xoom tablet as a gift in November. Overall, I am satisfied but am not overly enthused with the product. It has a good battery life and has many capabilities (internet, E-Reader, camera, video, apps, etc.). My main issue with this product is the delay that occurs sometimes when using it. When the screen is touched, the tablet will not always process that it is being touched. Also, sometimes it processes that it is being touched but the page does not load/the screen doesn't change right away. The only other complaint that I have about this system is that the Android operating system tends to limit what I can do on this tablet at times. I rated this product satisfactory because it does have many capabilities, I just do not feel it is the greatest quality for the amount of money that I paid.

Love it..

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

So since I received this tablet unless it's something that can't be done on a tablet, I'm never on my laptop. I use it for games, emails, web browsing, banking. Could it be faster? Maybe, but it faster booting up then a laptop, more portable too.

I love my Motorola Xoom

Comments about Motorola XOOM Android Tablet:

I love that I can use the Nook or Kindle app to read books on my Motorola Xoom. It has a clear picture, it is backlit and you can even use it to read in bed or in a darkened room. It fits comfortably in my purse and I carry it with me everywhere. The only drawback to this tablet is that when you are holding it and reading it does tend to get a little heavy and if you don't put a case on the tablet it has a pretty slick exterior. I've come dangerously close to dropping mine a few times.

App Availability
There hasn't been an app yet that I couldn't find in the app store.