View more cell phones

V3m
Motorola RAZR Cell Phone

Motorola RAZR Cell Phone

3.4

My Motorola Razr say everything about ME!

When I got a new phone, I ended up gett a PINK Motorloa Razr, which is so me!  After I had three BOYS, I became a girly-girl and a pink phone was...Read complete review

When I got a new phone, I ended up gett a PINK Motorloa Razr, which is so me!  After I had three BOYS, I became a girly-girl and a pink phone was just the ticket!!

I have used the camera to take pictures of things I see when I am out and about to check with DH to see if I should get them or if they match something.  They are not the same as a real camera, but the pictures look better than a lot of my friends' pictures taken with older phones.

I have used the texting feature a little bit so far and my only issue is with me - I suck at it!  My oldest is getting a phone soon and I am sure I will have to get much better at it soon!  My biggest issue when texting is getting the right button pushed the right number of times with fingernails.  It is hard.

I know the VCast is an option with this as is a mobile browser, but I have not tried or used that on this phone, so I do not know how well it works.

As with any phone, if you really want to figure out if it works for you, go to the store and try it out first!!

Not the one I'd pick if I'd had a choice, but not bad.

Like the one sentence description says, it's not the one I'd pick if I'd had a choice, but it's not bad.

My phone previous to this was another Razr - the...Read complete review

My phone previous to this was another Razr - the keypad was a bit bigger along with the screen which made it easier on the eyes. It was also a bit thinner. So it took me a while to get used to this one. (The previous one, after two years, bit the dust and I needed a new phone on short notice. The V3M was the one I could afford.)

The good:Battery life - excellent. I've had it for nearly a year and it still holds a charge. Plus it lasts a long time over the course of a day.Features - it's a lower end model but it still has some nice stuff in there including five alarm settings and the capability of setting up your own shortcuts on the main screen.Calendar - Actually this is the best calendar I've ever had on a cell phone. I've never been able to set up an end date on repeated events before which this one *does* do.Bluetooth - Yes (of course - what phone doesn't now?)

It also has a USB connection so you can upload your own ringtones and, if you really wanted to you could even put in a podcast for listening - although that's a little silly.

The so so:The camera is kinda okay. But it *is* a cell phone camera and I haven't seen one yet that I'd rave about.

The bad:Internet capability - yes, it's internet capable, but only barely. My provider gave me a free month to try that out but it was pretty much a wash. Email was impossible, facebook was horrible, and I never could get google to load properly. In fact, IIRC, the only site I had no problems with at all was the New York Times.

So, it's an okay phone. You'll probably get it as a freebie from whichever cell phone company you go with and, as they say, you get what you pay for.

That said, it's still a reasonable phone with enough basic features to do what the average person needs.

Motorola RAZR V3m: Great basic phone

from Portsmouth, NH

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

Before I had my current phone (Motorola Q9M) I spent 4 year using 2 different RAZR phones.  The only reason I switched was for provider purposes.  If you're looking to browse the web, check your email or have phone applications then this phone is not for you.  If you only want a phone to make calls, text, and check messages all though an easy user interface, then this phone is DEFINITELY for you.

The RAZR V3m is a sleek, good looking phone with the easiest and simplest user interface I have ever used.  The quality and clarity in making and receiving calls is fantastic, I don't recall dropping a call unless I was in a very rural area.  The battery charge held for about 4 days with minimal use, and 1.5 days with use of over 1 hour a day.  I found this to be the most durable phone I owned, with neither RAZR ever malifunctioning on me in the 4 years I owned them.  It is the perfect size to put in your pocket without feeling bulky and obstructive.  The camera is good for an early generation phone, but nothing to take real photos with.

I would reccomend this phone for anyone who wants an easy-to-use phone.  Great for technologically challenged people too!

Razr V3 is good enough for calls

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

Compared to other budget cell phones, the featureset of this phone, the Motorola RAZR V3, is minimal. It has basic functions like making calls, text messaging, and taking pictures/video, and it does a good enough job for all of them (taking into account that the camera is not expected to be awesome quality). The stock firmware from AT&T (when I got it) didn't have the video function, so I had to use modified firmware to unlock it (and some other lesser features such as different vibrator options). The call quality is good enough for environments with some background noise, but obviously for loud environments, the speakers aren't loud enough. Like most flipphones, the speakerphone is of average quality. As far as games are concerned, there are not that many fun games for the RAZR V3, but I'm sure most won't be playing games on this phone anyway. One other thing I'd like to mention: for some reason, the alarm doesn't go off all the time when I set it.

I love the Net 10 cell phone

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

I have had net10 for about 3-4 years now and love it. It is simple to use. there aren't alot of crazy things on it. It's great for people that bascially want a phone to call with voice mail and texting. If you are on a tight budget, it works because you don't have to have a plan that you can't afford. When your minutes run out, you buy another card. It's easy to enter the number on the card and get your minutes instantly. Also, when you buy a phone, it already has 300 minutes on it...so you don't have to buy minutes right away. I would totally recommend Net 10.

Still holding up well.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

When I was shopping for the Razr V3m, I heard a lot of gripes from people who bought a previous generation Razr.  They said, "It won't hold the signal."  "The volume isn't loud enough."  "It's a delicate phone."

I bought the Razr anyway, and after years of service, this phone proved itself to be a warhorse.

The volume issue, was not an issue.  I can hear perfectly, except in noisy environments.  In addition, people can hear me just fine.  As far as holding a signal, well--it's a rarity.  This thing holds a call like a scared cat clings to a tree.  Delicate?  I've dropped this thing several times, and the worst that has happened is the battery cover pops off.

Carps are few:  The speakerphone isn't the clearest for the other party.  The mp3 (at least on the Verizon model) takes way too long to load, provides only seven playlists, and sucks the battery way too fast.  The keypad works fine, with the exception of the "5" key, which for some reason, is tougher to press.  The camera works fairly well, but why didn't Motorola put a flash on the thing.

Turns out, the Razr is far and away, the best phone I've owned.  I would keep it for another couple of years, except I want a mp3/camera-flash/smart phone.  You can bet I will keep the Razr for an emergency.  It's a shame there's no Moto smart phone that competes with iPhone.  Based on my experience with the Razr, I'd buy it.

Have never had a problem - love it!

from Rocky Mount, VA

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

I have had my phone for over 4 years now and have never had an issue with it. My battery is only just starting to have trouble holding a charge (after 4 years!!) My husband had the V3c (the model before the V3m) and he had quite a few problems, but Motorola really improved the phone with this model. It is easy to customize and the menu is simple to navigate. I had alot of fun making ringtones on my comuter and bluetoothing them to my phone. Who can beat free custom ringtones??!! I regularly make new ones accoring to my mood. The expandable memory is great. I got a mini sd card super cheap and can keep full songs on it thanks to that. I does not cal itself an mp3 playing phone, but with the extra memory it most certainly can be used as one. Which is good, cos I lost my iPod LOL! Overall, I would recommend this to anyone. I love it. I would like to get a smartphone someday, but I must admit, I will miss my Razr when I do.

Battery Life
Still had the original battery after 4 years.

Was still working great after 4 years...after being dropped multiple times, and handled by several sticky children!

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Motorola cellphone

from Falmouth, MI

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

It is a very light weight, easy to use phone. I have had it for a little under two years. Only had a few issues with the functioning. The battery life is not very long. Usually can only talk on it for an hour to an hour and a half total before you need to recharge the battery. Other than that, I find it to be very easy to use the features. I am not tech savvy so this is a big selling point for me. We own two of these phones. We do not have a land line so this is used as our main phone and gets a lot of use. It has held up well. It came in several colors so we could custome design which phone we each wanted.

I would probably purchase this phone again just because I already know how to use it. I do like the calendar feature so I have my schedule at hand all the time.

Does the job

from Raynham, MA

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

Keeps me in touch with the family on the road. I don't even know my own number because I hardly use it. It comes in handy when Dad and I are going in separate directions with the kids. No email, no photos, no texting, just phone service. I did spring for an Elton John ring tone!

Excellent phone for the money

from Manitowoc, WI

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

This phone is amazing! It is very easy to use and to get used to. With the available memory card storage it is very multimedia friendly. The phone is also very durable and compatible with most cell phone software programs. Battery life is better than average. I reccomend this phone to either a first time user or a tech geek!

I,ts then worst phone i ever had

from South Dennis, MA

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

my razor cell phone is one of the worse phones i have ever had i would love to throw it out the window and run it over with my care that would make me happy i get no reception it works when it wants all my friends that have one have the same problem rings when it feels like it and when i get it replaces for doing another anoying thing the replacements just get worse and worse

Overall great, cute cases interfere with my service though.

from Tyner, KY

Comments about Motorola RAZR Cell Phone:

Very great mobile phone, but it seems like the cute cases you can get to put on them always interfere with my service.  But, I don't think that would be the phones fault.  I don't know what I would do without my phone.  It is very light and compact which is really what I love the most about it.  It also seems like there isn't very much storage for all of my ring tones, but it doesn't really bother me much.  My mom got one too and she didn't have any problems learning how to use it, so that shows it is pretty simple to use.