Other Smartphones:

Motorola DROID X Smartphone

Pros

Cons

Reduce electronic clutter all you need is the DROID X

Droid X eliminates the need for seperate: camera, cam-corder, GPS, Kindle, Nook, maybe more. Purchased the MB810 Droid Xtreme yesterday (07/18/10).  Of course a few little issues, but an automatic update should take care of them today, hopefully.  Phone is great. a lot of of new features.  HD quality videos. You can even attach the HDMI cable, sold* *Separately*, *and view videos directly on your TV or monitor. Has super fast text entry using SWYPE.  It has alot. Too much to even think to write. Check out the Droid X website for more info.  http://www.droiddoes.com/ .

I like the phone alot, worth the money; so far.

The Droid X was nice but FAILED 2 weeks out of warranty

My Droid X worked great while it lasted but went completely dead 2 weeks after the warranty expired. Fortunately, a lot of the data was backed up. I ended up buying an Iphone...Read complete review

My Droid X worked great while it lasted but went completely dead 2 weeks after the warranty expired. Fortunately, a lot of the data was backed up. I ended up buying an Iphone 4 (no s).

I got my Droid X as soon as it was available and I could get a partial upgrade from my Blackberry Storm. The Storm's browser used to lock up frequently, so much so that it had to be rebooted several times a day. The Droid has not had to be rebooted at all.

The display is large and has much better definition that the storm. The Gmail-based orgaizer functions work well. I am able to sync my contacts and calendar to Microsoft Outlook. One con is that there is not a good way to sync tasks and memos from Outlook to the Droid X. That's not a real problem, as what I really need is to be able to sync the contacts list and calendar. Being able to see my updated calendar from any PC is a bonus.

The Touch screen input on the Droid X is superior to the Blackberry Storm and is also significantly better than the touch input on my third generation Ipod Touch, which is basically the same as the Iphone.

There are also many great free applications.

The Verizon phone service works very well.

This phone worked great until it failed 2 weeks out of warranty. I will never buy another Motorola phone.

Battery Life
generally ok, could have been better

worked great when it worked

worked great when it worked

very easy to use

failed 2 weeks out of warranty

failed 2 weeks out of warranty

Good for a 1st smartphone

from Harvard Il

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

I was very happy when I was given the Droid X as my first smartphone. It has some glitches that I have learned to deal with. It seems to lag quite a bit when loading games or internet. Right now it is having some trouble notifying me, which means it does not ring. Which is not too good when you are expecting an important phone call. I like how you can customize it on the different screen settings. Adding calendar events to notify you and setting up easy dialing icons. There is also an option to have a lock code, but I don't use it because it takes too long to get into your phone when you need to get on it quickly. Sometimes I have difficulty hearing the other person on the line, it sounds a bit muffled, not too sure if it's my phone or the other persons, but it is a bit annoying. All together there are pros and cons with this phone, I hopefully will get an upgrade soon since my phone seems to be acting up quite a bit lately.

Droid X - Wouldn't Recommend It

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

When my cell phone, as well as my husband's cell phone, died in the same week and we had to purchase new ones, we decided on a Droid because there was a buy one get one free promotion at our local store. Within a few weeks of its purchase, we were both wishing that we would have forked over more cash for different phones.

The battery life on these phones is not good. In fact, within the first year both of our batteries died. After one year of the phone shutting off and dropping calls, my husband's phone was virtually unusable and he had to get a new one.

The Droid comes automatically loaded full of apps that I never use, and that it will not let me delete. This not only kills the battery, but it also uses up the phone's available memory, which is another big problem. I do not have very many photos or videos on my phone. But even after cleaning out old texts, clearing web cookies, and deleting some of my apps, it tells me that I do not have enough storage space to add anything new. The web browsing and apps are really slow as a result.

With so many other smart phones out there, there is no reason to settle for this one.

good smartphone

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

the droid x is a goodsmart phone for all my wifi needs. i dont turn it on because the cost but i use it for free for like email nd stuff like that. great device but the back keeps fallingout. its a metal battery compartment so it fit well. i like this phone but would upgrade.

• Call Quality:

Had for 2 years - great at first, now not so 'cool'

from Chapel Hill, NC

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

I've had this phone for 2.5 years now, much longer than I've had any other cell phone before. This phone was absolutely great when I first got it. It was top-of-the-line and had all the latest features and large screen. There are a lot of free apps available for Android's, so that makes it a bit better than iPhone's. The screen size is great and meets all of my needs. It's very user-friendly in my opinion. The 'copy' feature is a bit lagging in that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. After a year, the battery started to not hold a charge for that long. 2 years later, the back-up battery that is actually larger than the original holds a decent charge, but has started failing as well. If I remove my battery now, the phone doesn't cut back on until hours later - no reason why this would happen since the battery is fully charged and works in my husband's refurbished Droid X. Overall, a great phone for 2 years ago, but there are better phones out there now.

• Call Quality:

Simple to use if you are used to a droid

from Sterling Heights, MI

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

The droid X was an upgrade from my previous droid. The transition to this one was very simple. The download speed is much faster, and the battery can go a full day without needing a charge, unlike my previous phone. My only complaint is that the camera app has been a little confusing to figure out settings, it’s not as intuitive as a normal digital camera. Also, unlike my previous droid, this has a camera lens on both sides of the camera. That makes me a little paranoid, to be honest – I don’t know if hackers could manage to grab a photo of me while I’m using the phone. If you’re used to skyping that probably won’t bother you, otherwise you could put a piece of electrical tape over the lens.

Good Phone

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

Good phone, good design.Very attractive phone but it doesn't hold a charge I am constatly having to charge this thing in the day. I have broken my screen already so that is a bummer but its a very nice phone overall. The background noise is also a problem for when I'm talking to others and I do have to turn my phone off and back on sometimes because along the way it doesn't want to go on the internet

Battery Life
Battery doesn't hold at all.

good screen quality

Call Quality
quality is so-so sometimes people have a hard time of hearing me with the background noise

very easy to use

Didn't have for long and already cracked the sreen and has scratches on it

good design with attractive phone

• Call Quality:

Would rather have my EnV3 back!

from Morganton, NC

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

I have had this phone for the last 2 years and have had nothing but issues!! It constantly freezes up even if you are not using it. I am constantly having to re power it up for this reason. I have even had it freeze up while calls were coming through which it really annoying. The one good thing (probably the only) that it has going for it is that the screen size is pretty good, even the touch screen itself. I had a much better product when I had my EnV3 , which never gave me any problems! But that it what I get for wanting a "touchscreen" I guess.

Battery Life
Battery seems to drain very quickly, even when I don't use it. Have to charge on a daily basis.

• Call Quality:

This phone has stood the test of time.

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

I got this phone over two years ago when my contract was up. I upgraded from a Blackberry, which I was in love with at the time. I really didn't think anything else would steal my heart.

I'm not going to say I'm in love with this phone, I don't want to lie, but we are best friends right now. :) It has lasted for a long, long time (even through an unfortunate toilet swimming incident--don't worry, there was only water in the toilet, nothing else!) and I don't want to upgrade it quite yet. The functionality is great. The screen is nice and big (and hasn't shattered even after dropping it a billion times!).

The only issue I've had with it is the battery. It was literally lasting about an hour for awhile there until I caved and got a new one. Now, it's good as new.

Battery Life
Please see above comments about battery.

I love My Phone

from Hillsdale, NY

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

I love having a smart phone, and yes this Motorola lives up to that name. With its user friendly operating system, to its many array of apps to choose from, i do not think life could get any easier. Internet, check. Phone, Check. Games, Video Chat, HD Camera, Netflix....You could not ask for more! I highly suggest everyone get a smart phone...but more importantly...A Motorola Droid!

• Call Quality:

Droid X is smarter than I am...

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Motorola DROID X Smartphone:

I still don't use all of the features on this phone as they are many and varied and I am not into Apps yet but I do like this phone. Motorola is the only phone brand that I ever get because I find their phones are well designed and have the best quality of any. The battery lasts a long time and it charges quickly. I like Verizon and I got this phone free with a two year contract. I know I could not be any happier. The best thing about the Droid X is the HIGH quality camera. I do not even use my Nikon digital camera anymore. It is easy to use and you can edit right on the phone without downloading to your computer. I would call it intuitive. Once I mastered the basics I became more comfortable with it. I am learning more everyday and I have had it for more than a year. It runs away with me sometimes! I recently bought a stylus and I really like to use it when texting or editing phone contacts or going online. It give you more precision and cuts down on errors in the touch typing. I do not text and drive.

Lasts long as I use it.

Display/Screen Quality
I like the way the display turns whichever way you hold it.

Call Quality
I have never had a problem with Verizon or Droid X.

Good considering all of the functions it has.

I have never scratched the screen or dropped it. I am careful and I put a skin on it so it was easy to grip.