3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Great Phone

I have owned my Droid 3 for just under two years and have had an exceptional experience with it. It was a vast improvement over my old phone, the HTC Eris. The only major drawback to the Droid 3 is that the Droid 4 was released less than 1 year later, prompting Motorola to not update the OS when android 4.0 rolled out. But, if you don't mind the older OS, then this is a solid phone to get. It's battery life is solid, it's performance is speedy and reliable, and the quality of its camera, video, sound, and pictures is definitely on par with what you would expect from a Motorola smart phone.

Battery Life
It routinely outlives the battery in my wife's Droid 4, and can easily make it a whole day without needing a recharge, and this includes about two hours of listening to music on my commute, either via Google Play Music or Pandora.

Display/Screen Quality
The quality of the display is excellent. I have always been impressed with the size and clarity of images on the screen, both pictures and video.

Call Quality
The call quality is good. This phone has an excellent speaker phone.

It's android, so it's intuitive and easy to use. The minimal added buttons on the outside of the phone itself are useful and ergonomically placed.

This phone has seen more drops than nay smart phone should, with little more to show for it than a couple of minor scratches... and all without a protective case.

I am a big fan of the slide out keyboard. It helps me a lot when writing emails for work.

Great product if you want large screen and slide-out keyboard.

My first Droid 3 died after about 6 months of use. It just went black one day. Verizon did send a new one in agreement with my warranty. I've only had it a few weeks now, but I hope it will outlast my first. I love the size of the screen and the slide out keyboard, but some people may find the size (specifically the thickness) to be too much. I can no longer just slide it into my back pocket, but I find the slide-out keyboard ,makes for more accurate texting . The picture quality is good and it is a very user friendly model.

Battery Life
I plug my phone in every night, so I haven't really tested the battery too much. I have found that playing games seems to drain the battery fast.

Nice and clear.

Call Quality
Easy to control call volume (on the side of the phone) even while talking. The speaker phone isn't the best though.

If this is your first smartphone, you are going to need to spend some time navigating to figure out all of the features.

6 months for my first one...hopefully this one will last longer.

I like it (I just toss it in my purse, jacket pocket or backpack. Not really a back pocket type of phone.

Nice Design

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

I used this phone for about two years and overall it was ok. I stopped using it because I dropped it and the screen went out although it continued to power on. I actually had two of these models, because the first one that I was sent did not work. I had to send it back because inconsistently it would not power off unless the battery was removed or it would not power completely on. The second one I received did not have this problem. The best features for me is large screen and the full qwerty keyboard. Also, the camera took great pictures. For the software selection, I did enjoy having my google voicemail and other apps open on their very own screens by themselves as widgets. The worst features for me was that the phone was too heavy. The droid 4 is much lighter and also thinner. I also did not like the way some of the mobile software took control when I intentionally opened the associated website in the internet browser. For example the facebook app would engage although I was trying to open facebook in the browser. Overall this phone's design is nice and good for my basic needs.

Great phone, very durable

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

I got this phone in December of 2011 and put it through a lot. Dropping it on concrete on multiple occasions, and never so much as a scratch was left on the screen. The battery could have been better but it's a small price to pay for durability. The camera on it was very good as well, a big step up from my previous droid.

Battery Life
The battery life was terrible. I had to charge it twice a , which could get very frustrating.

Display/Screen Quality
The display on it was good. All my pictures displayed cleary

Call Quality
The call quality was great. I never dropped a call, and that's saying A LOT where I live. There's absolutely no signal.

The droid was very user friendly. I wasn't confused while using it and it was easy to learn.

I put this phone through everything imaginable. Dropping it on concrete. Dropping it in a bathtub. My dog chewing on it. It always kept going, no matter what. I would go back to it in a heartbeat if something inevitably happens to my iphone.

Great Phone

Call Quality
The call quality is good. This phone has an excellent speaker phone.

• Call Quality:

If you need a keyboard this is for you!

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

This is my second android phone. The first was the original Droid by Motorola. This is an improvement but I know there is work to be done. The processor needs to be quicker as this has some problems trying to do more than one thing at a time.

Droid 3

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

I had a droid three before I upgraded my droid to a newer version of it. I loved my droid's I love how there was a key board. It makes it easier then the keyboard on the screen. The battery life wasn't the best but then again any smart phone doesn't have great battery life if yo uare using a lot of apps.

Happy with my purchase.

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

I wanted a smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard and this fit the bill. It seems relatively fast (if you keep the cache dutifully clear) and the keyboards slides in and out fairly easily. I am not a fan of the plethora of built-in applications, but seeing as those come from the manufacturer, there is not a whole lot that can be done about it.

• Call Quality:

Durable, easy to use and so much to do on it.

from Fall River, MA

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

I can do everything on this thing. I love it. I am able to use it basically just like a computer. I even hook it up to my television via HDMI cable and Watch my movies and shows right off it rather than having to use a dvd! It is perfect for my needs, and the keyboard on this phone makes for very easy typing.

Battery Life
This phones battery lasts me about 2 whole days while using the phone for calls and tests, which is a good amount of battery life for me. When I watch movies or play games the battery lasts about 6 straight hours, so I am satisfied.

Display/Screen Quality
The display is wonderful. The colors are vibrant. It is not pixelated or fuzzy. I think it is great quality.

Call Quality
The call quality is crystal clear. I never have had any cut out conversation or anything.

There are many uses for this phone, and I find everything to be pretty simple to use considering the amount of wonderful things this phone is able to do like, apps, internet, email texting, videos, etc.

I have dropped this phone so so so many times and it still workd no stalling, no glitches. I ebven dropped in FULLY into water in a puddle accidently once and it doesnt even have water damage

Sleek and cool design, comfortable and I love that it slides up so you can use the keyboard!

Excellent phone for 2 years now

from Flat Rock, MI

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

This phone has everything a smart phone needs and is fairly easy to navigate. I like that it runs Google OS. The one problem I have had with the phone is battery life. I keep the phone in a concrete building most of time so it is constantly searching for signals. The instant I step outside all is well. Most of my coworkers have the same problem so it is not the fault of the phone most likely.

Battery Life
As I stated previously, I have had issues with battery life. You might want to consider buying a back up battery if you are a heavy cell user.

Display/Screen Quality
Very clear, crisp and clean.

Call Quality
Occasional dropped calls, not much of a problem. I do have people tell me they have a hard time hearing me at times.

Super easy after the first week of ownership.

I am really pleased with the durability. I've dropped it, banged it around in my purse and even let the Grandkids play with it :0 and it is still working very well.

Love the slim design and slide out keyboard. It is much easier to type with it.

• Call Quality:

If you do alot of texting the QWERTY Keyboard is the way to go

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

I started with the 1st Android Phone and 3 years later I'm sticking with it. I have seen others try to text & use other touch screen phones & It seems to be a lot more difficult than the Android with a keyboard. It's easy to navigate and it is faster than my laptop. I call it my mini laptop. This phone has been dropped on hardwood floors countless times and still keeps going with no breaks or cracks.

Battery Life
The battery life depends on how you keep the settings on your phone. It can last a long time or a short time. Settings are easy to navigate.

The droid 3 is sufficient

from Ocoee, FL

Comments about Motorola DROID 3 Smartphone:

I have had this phone for 2 years. It is ok and suits its purpose. The texting feature is good. Internet is hit or miss for speed. Definitely think I would try the iphone next before I purchased another droid! Poor battery life. It is very easy to use. Camera is not very good. But if you like games, the apps feature is nice!