3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Motorola Defy Cell Phone

I upgraded to the Motorola Defy from a Nokia flip phone that I had for two year. Talk about a difference! It is fun to play with! The selling point for me was how resistant it was to cracking, scratching and water. I have always had a flip phone so I wouldn't crack the screen (yes, I cracked the outside screen on a flip phone before so I could not use that screen, but the main screen was still usable.) I have even dropped a phone in a small puddle of water and it was dead. So, after reading the reviews for the Defy, I was ready to take the leap to a non-flip phone. So far, it has done what I need. Being an Andriod does not mean much to me. I bought the phone for the roughedness, not the techyness.

I have noticed, however, that the battery life is lacking compared to my old phones. I do not twitter, use facebook nor next 24-7 and I still need to charge it everynight. Just last weekend, I forgot to plug it in overnight and it was dead in the morning. It took over 2 hours to recharge a completely dead battery (is it a faulty battery - I don't know) and I could not do anything with the phone until the battery was completely recharged. Also, I have noticed more dropped calls than normal. My excuss is the airport that I live nearby, as the dropped calls usually happen at home, but it is more than I ever had with my old phone. One other thing, I find myself arguing with the phone! :) For example, I will touch the screen to call a person, put the phone to my ear, and nothing. I look at the screen and it never made the call. I have to press the phone button numerous times for the call to go through. This could be user error, but it is frustrating. At times I do miss my old flip phone as it was a simple push of a button to make a call.

Motorola DEFY XT

I'm using this phone in conjunction with Republic Wireless service. You can read that review here: http://www.viewpoints.com/Republic-Wireless-review-86e917

This is the only phone you can use right now on...Read complete review

This is the only phone you can use right now on Republic's service, so it was my one and only choice. I'm not sure if I would have chosen this phone otherwise. It's a bare bones smartphone. It imports my email, surfs the web, texts, and calls just fine. I use a lot of apps on it, and it doesn't usually have trouble.

It's a pretty small phone, and very light, which is unusual now for smart phones.

The battery lasts at least a day for me, I have no issues with it.

The main issue I have is that the phone doesn't have much space for storage - even though there is card installed, it doesn't seem to realize it has more space there and won't use the card space. So you will be pretty limited in storing pictures and videos or in the number of apps you can use.

Motorola Defy Smartphone

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

This smart phone is a very good phone for the person who has never used a smart phone before. Very easy to learn. It is dust and water resistant, which I consider very important.

Battery Life
Since this is my first smart phone, the battery life does not seem as good as my flip phone. However, since I can access the internet, I did not expect that the battery would last as long.

Display/Screen Quality
I am very impressed with the clarity of the display. It is very clear and sharp and with the settings, the brightness can be turned down when using the phone in bed first thing in the morning.

Call Quality
The call quality is excellent. I have never heard any interference and any kind of static noise when using the phone.

With just a few quick lessons from the agent, I was on my way to using my first smart phone. The settings are very east to follow. It is very easy to install and use the apps. The volume control on the side is handy and quick to use. The camera is easy to use and the settings for it are self-explanatory.

My Motorola Defy is holding up very well. It gets repeatedly powered up without any problem.

Sleek design with rounded corners. Very slim which makes it easy to carry or fit into a small purse.

A Basic Smartphone

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

I went from an IPhone to a very basic android smartphone, and didn't expect a lot. I am happy with the amount of utility I get out of the phone, and for the price especially couldn't be happier.

Battery Life
Usually about two hours of talk time, and about nine hours of standby.

Crisp, clear screen.

Call Quality
Very rarely drop calls or have a static connection.

Slight learning curve coming from an Apple iOS system.

Very well made and impervious to environmental factors like dirt and water.

Charger is in a bad location hen using phone but otherwise very well designed.

• Call Quality:

The DEFY is ultra durable!

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

The Motorola DEFY is not entirely bad. It works okay for basic things, like phone calls, text and email. But, if you're looking for a more modern android experience then this isn't for you. The internal memory is not enough for my needs. And the screen is too small.

Motorola DEFY XT

from Blacklick, OH

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

The battery lasts at least a day for me, I have no issues with it.

• Call Quality:

The worst phone I've ever had

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

The phone was fine with the 2.1 android system but with the 2.2 it became useless. I have waited a yr to get rid of it. The company after sending me several of the same phones wouldn't admit it was a problem with them. I will never buy Motorola again. Samsung is much better.

The 2,2 android system does not work with this phone and they know it and refused to make any updates. Constant freezing, shutting down, dropping calls....you name it.

All I need

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

I love it. It has all I need with not too much of anything. It's still considerably small, instead of huge Iphones, and has all the features of a smartphone. It's thin and easy to maneuver. I love the charging facility. I don't like bulky phones, and don't go crazy on apps. I spend little time on my phone, mostly to call people and receive their calls. It still has more than I would use it for. The pictures of it comes out very good, too.

Battery Life
I runs out of battery surprisingly fast

Display/Screen Quality
It's touch screen and very smooth

Never had any problems. Great

It can be used and understood by a toddler. Well explanatory, too.

Have had mine for a while and so far so good

Great. Small, thin and compact.

• Call Quality:

A nice smartphone used by several no contract cell companies.

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

This phone has is small but still has the features that come with android phones. Older OS. (gingerbread). Because of size, "buttons" are very small and I have to use a stylus most of the time.

I charge every night.

Excellent Display & Build Quality, Camera A Bit of Letdown

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

1. Display – 8/10. The 16 Million TFT display is on par with the best in market.
2. Battery Life – 9/10. Lasts 2 days with normal usage.
3. Touch Screen Response – 9/10. Excellent.
4. Build Quality – 9.5/10 – Sleek, Stylish & Trendy.
5. Call Quality – 9/10. Superb clarity.
6. Camera – 7/10. Decent but could have been better considering it has a 5 MP Camera with flash.
7. Audio Quality – 7/10. Speaker is good in terms of volume and quality, but the earphone is a little letdown as it is not in-ear type.
8. Processor & OS – 8/10. Decent speed with 1 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM using Android v2.3 (Gingerbread) OS.

Awesome smartphone

from Champaign, IL

Comments about Motorola DEFY Smartphone:

Altough Android 2.3 is already running on some new smartphones, this Motorola Defy is still running Android 2.1. It seems a little bit obsolete. But If you consider its ability to prevent dust and water, plus its crystal talk technology, it still a good phone to buy. The phone is IP67 certified. That means it is completely working fine is very dusty enviroment like construction sites. You can also place it in one meter depth water for half and hour without damaging it. The display glass is Gorilla Glass which is more durable and hard to sractch.  The processor is 800 MHz TI CPU, toegther with 3.7 inch FWVGA monitor and 5 MP camera, makes it a runner up in middle class andriod phone.

Motorola also added several new functions to it like:

-Wifi hotspot

- Flash lite 3

- Voice commend

etc....

It makes it a better smartphone depsite it still uses android 2.1

It might not be the best android smartphone in the market but if you are looking for a smartphone that can work in a tough environment, I definitely recommend it.

Motorola Defy Cell Phone