View more cell phones

W315
Motorola - Cell Phone

Motorola - Cell Phone

3.5

I really like my Motarola flip phone.

The Motrola flip phone is really nice.The screen is easy to read,it is bright and clear.The speaklers are good and clear .I have no problem in hearing people.You can hear so well ,it is like talking on a land line.The alarm is great. !I can record any song I want and set the volume where I want it .The voice mail and other tools are easy to use.I always have my phone on me so the camera feature is a must have.It is easier to keep up with a phone instead of a phone and a camera.The flip phone is easy to carry.I can put it in my purse,pocket or a carrying case.The key pad isn't exposed so the keys can not be pressed by mistake.I can check the time by pressing a butten on the side instead of openning it.This helps in the threater.The blue tooth is a must if you are working or caring for kids.It is really helpful! I like to keep up with my gas mileage so the calculater comes in real hand .Plus I can balance my check as soon as I write a check.   The only problem with the phone is the missed call display!It does not show whos call you missed.!My old phone did and I miss it.This the only problem I have found with this phone.I would recommend it to others.

Hello? Hello? Sorry. Mashed the wrong button. Bummer.

I like boy toys. OK. Girls do like gadgets too, but my experience (in a small town) is that the guys get all the latest and greatest gadgets. I'm not sitting here with my engine in idle. I get on most of the high tech trains, but cell phones have been the gadgets that have driven me to distraction. The Motorola W315 has not caused me as much grief, but it is just not doing me that proud.

**Early Cell Phone**

I got an early cell phone which first did not work at my house (boo hiss AT&T) plus also called up 911 in my purse not once but twice. It had no cover flap. When that year was up, I was most glad to quit my cell phone service. I really hated to get a phone call and have to explain how I did not really call 911 when I guess my purse did.

**Motorola Cell Phone**

My brother was kind enough to offer me a phone on his family plan. He got me the Motorola W315 (on Alltel). The idea was that we all had the same one. If something went wrong, we could switch out batteries and such to see if that was the problem.

**Flap - Good Thing**

First the Motorola W315 has a flap, and that is a darn good thing. I have not called 911 from my purse one single time with this phone.

**Program Phone Numbers - Fine**

I can also program in numbers just fine. The only thing is that I have to wait a bit if it's a letter other than the first on the button. On my old phone my mom was mmm, since I did not figure out to wait for it to stop blinking to click again to go from m to n to o for the center letter.

**Don't Need All Those Alltel Phone Numbers in There**

Annoyingly my phone call list has all manner of Alltel numbers listed first with the alpha order and Alltel being A. I do not think on calling them much. Oh well. I can scroll down.

**Hang Up on Everyone - Sigh**

My big problem is that I can never pick up a call. I can call out just fine. But when this Motorala phone rings, I either mash the buttons on the side when picking up the phone which sends folks to message or I was pressing the green button which sent them to message I guess. At least I can figure out message fine and call back. I will just hope it's never an emergency.

**Little Buttons and Numbers**

The buttons are little on the Motorola. It seems smaller is better on cell phones. The numbers on the buttons are little too. I think I need reading glasses. Or maybe I should memorize where the numbers are on the phone dial.

**Fancy Stuff**

I know my phone will take text messages. Trust me. I do not want to try to read anything printed in such a small space. I think it also has games. Why I would want to play games on my phone and with it so small, I do not know.

**Roaming - Not So Special**

On my old and not much loved phone, there was a printed message that said "roaming." Bad news. Big charges. On this one, there is a little and I do mean little triangle. I can't really see it. Maybe Motorola does not want me to see it. They make good money on roaming. I don't use the cell phone much, since I don't want my brother to get a huge bill with me out of the service area and not able to tell with Motorola making that hard to figure out.

**Glad To Have It - Sort Of**

I'm glad I have the cell phone to call out when/if I need to. It's nice to have the time on the cover. But they really could do this better. Now I know that younger folks love fancy phones that do everything. There are a lot of us out here though that just want a phone that is a phone - one that is easy to use and that has bigger buttons and numbers instead of text messages, games and goodness knows what else. This phone is not a fancy phone, but it's still fancier than what I really need or want. I think I will like it better once I quit hanging up on everyone, and I'll bet people who call will like that better too.

Good phone for a good price.

from Canton, OH

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

I like my Motorola phone from Net10 because it gets the job done. I'm not one of those super texters so I don't need a fancy phone, thats's why I like it. And I still have my landline phone so I don't need a phone with all those minutes.

Useless except for basic transmission.

from Anadarko, OK

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

It is easy to use but eats up batteries like popcorn. Even if I don't receive a call or make one, by the end of the day- simply because I have had it on- the battery is dead. If I make 3 calls in a row, depending on length, I will have to change the battery. I thought my main problem was a cheap battery I got online. However, even the original battery is doing the same thing; dying before the end of the day. It is also difficult to text message due to any mistakes taking a bit of a process to undo. It is small enough to slip into my purse and that makes it handy. It has no camera and not enough memory to do any downloading efficiently. For a basic phone to carry for emergencies it will suffice.

It's tooo small for me!

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

The phones to small for me never can find it. cover doesnt stay shut anymore.voicemail is all staticie.just not my phone. customer  is fine in the store but not on the phone.the light works great. dont like many of the ringtones you have to choose from.do not get many dropped calls. when i did the company gave me the minutes back. its so small it eve gets lost in my purse.and forget about talking on the phone and holding it with your chin its to small. i wont buy anything small  ever again. yes i bought this phone new. i like most of the screen savers. dont like the games.

Great ring tones and sound are one of this phone best qualities

from Burlington, WI

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

Most people buy a cell phone that has so many services and extra buttons that they will never need. This phones diffrent; it's simple and to the point with the service to back it up. Motorola I have found to be a company that stands by it's product.

Unexpensive and works great.

from Hayesville, NC

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

I bought this phone last january and loved it. It worked great, unfortunatley I only used it for two months cause I moved to an area that didn't have it metro pcs so I gave it to my mom as a gift and she loves it. If I had a chance I would modt definetley choose it again. It's is an unexpensive and works great. I'm not so much into the look of a phone as I am of the quality.

Its not a bad phone, but could be better. The service stinks.

from Glasgow, KY

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

The motorola phone has good service and bad service. It works in my house fine, but when I go out in the car about 1/2 mile from my house it drops the call everytime. I can travel and it the service is ok also. My son just got this phone and now it doesn't want to work right. Problem is it takes to long to get it replaced so he just deals with it.

very basic use

from Danville, VA

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

I bought this phone for my daughter for her 12th birthday.  I did want something simple for her to use but I did want some perks and activities that she could do.  I could not download any ringtones for her on this phone.  And it had no games on this phone.  Its style is nice and stylish but nothing much more than that

extremely dependable

from Skiatook, OK

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

this phone is a dependale phone that i have enjoyed for its reliability, and reception.  it is easy to hear and to speak through. Also, while traveling overseas it worked very well in all the countries i traveled, when on other trips with other phones did not work well.i would buy another

Motorola W314 Cell Phone - Have to Drive 5 Miles to Use It

from Piedmont, NC

Comments about Motorola - Cell Phone:

My brother, who lives in a city, decided to purchase a really cool gift for my sister, CyndiA, my mom and me. He gave us each one of these handy cell phones and put us on his calling plan on Alltel. A free cell phone and unlimited free minutes to talk to those on the circle? Sure - I don't really talk on the phone a lot, but it would be handy to have a cell phone for emergencies since my car has over 200,000 miles on it. I'm one of those few people out there who actually didn't have a cell phone and just had a land line until this time.

What I like about the Motorola W314 Cell Phone:

- I've used it several times for emergencies and I've called to chat with relatives and friends a few times, and it's nice to have the option to use it away from home, such as on vacations or during holidays.

- It's a convenient size.

- It closes and opens easily with a flip cover.

- It has lots of capabilities.

- I like being able to store phone numbers and names in the cell phone.

- This was free for me - my brother was really cool to give these to me, my sis, and my mom.

What I don't like about the Motorola W314 Cell Phone:

- It doesn't pick up within 5 miles of my house - I live in a rural area and many cell phones don't pick up around here, but it's not really convenient to have to drive somewhere to talk to someone on the phone, especially when you have three small kids in the back seat.

- The buttons are small and easy to push - it's easy to accidentally hit buttons on the side or front and then frustrating to figure out how to fix it or to have to re-dial a phone number.

**My Viewpoint:**

I haven't really used this Motorolla W314 cell phone to its fullest potential because I have mainly used it when I'm out and have an emergency or to call someone long distance on a special occasion. Needing to drive 5 miles to use it probably has something to do with it. I have had people over at my house who have used cell phones without problems, even down in my basement, so the lack of reception isn't for all of them. I really don't need a lot of extras like an MP3 player, camera, kitchen sink, or other things on a cell phone, so I don't miss the bells and whistles that others might want in a cell phone. The reason I'm recommending this cell phone is because most people probably live in an area where this will pick up, and that's the biggest negative for me. It really has been nice to have a cell phone when I really needed one.

I really like my Motarola flip phone.

from Corinth, MS