View more cell phones

Motorola Cell Phone

Motorola Cell Phone

4.1

Motorola E815 last of the old greats

Ask anyone at any Verizon Kiosk or store and they'll agree this was one power-house of a phone. Purchased mine back in 2004 and just kissed it goodbye, sending it to "CellPhones for Soliders" in December. The E815 was the prototype for what many phones became until the smart-phone craze. It had a heavy clamshell style that could really take a beating. Mine even survived a drop out of a NYC Taxi. The pull-out antennae allowed me to get reception in Manhattan AND atop a cabin near the Blue Ridge Parkway in GA. It was easy to program with simple features, many like VZ Navigator and Calendar still used on many smartphones and Blackberry's today. Despite being "all silver" it had a large easy to read number display with a nice button pad. The side rocker buttoms didn't interfere while holding like many of today's clamshell phones. It had a simple camera, took horrible pictures but back then, we thought it was terrific. It was one of the first phones that offered download of ringtones, music and games (Millionaire) If you live in a heavy rural area, I'd get my hands on one of these, you'll always have a signal.

The blackberry Pink pearl is an ok phone only not a great phone

I recently upgraded to the blackberry pearl in pink. i am a customer of verizon wireless. This phone is very sleek and very cute. It is a great phone for talking and texting on. It soes not connect to the wb very good at all. It is very slow. Takes forever to upload the pages. It is not a good phone to recieve files or photos on. I had a large memory card in the phone. It will shut off automaticly if the memory gets full. It will also erace all your text and emails because it has very little memory even with a large memory card. You have to shut the phone down and restart it severl times a day so that it will not automaticly erace your photos, emails, and messages. It has to be charged several times a day because it does not have a large battery and will go dead very quickly. It will freez up all the time even in the middle of a phone call and you have to manually shut it down and restart it or take the battery out and reset the entire phone.

great phone for emergencies

from New Haven, IN

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

the **Motorola - E815 Cell Phone is a great phone. It was the 1st phone I ever owned. it did what I wanted and worked great. I work as a hospice nurse in peoples homes and often I have to make calls to doctors and patients families to update them. this phone worked great. It was sturdy, reliable. the connection was great, and I never lost anyone while I was talking to them. I had it for 3 years and it took a beating and keep on ticking. it is small enough to fit in your pocket and it looks great. the battery also last all day. I sometimes did not charge the battery but every other day. it worked great. the only real bad thing about the **Motorola - E815 Cell Phone is it need to be more water resistaned. in conclusion, the**Motorola - E815 Cell Phone is great. **Motorola - E815 Cell Phone is **easy to use and it has a great connection.** it small and fits right in your pocket and it is the cheapest phone on the market.****

• Voice Quality:
  • Battery Life:

Great on talk time & reception. Buy me.

from Sunland, CA

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

This phone has the best reception of any previous phone. With an extended battery, I am able to talk all day. I charge it every other day. I have been downright abusive to this phone and it performs every time. I don't require anything more than cell and txt but it has other features that could be handy. The camera is typical low quality and the video mode is no better, but in a pinch, they are better than nothing. Talk time and strong reception are mandatory for me - this phone has it. I would buy again.

My Best Friend

from Cockeysville, MD

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

Best phone I've ever owned.  Not taking WMA files and not having GPS were the only reasons I switched, but I still miss it - the sound quality is absolutely astounding, the reception is superb, very sturdy, distinct volume controls separate for the ringer and the voice during conversation, menus very intuitive and efficiently arranged - never had to look for anything.

Moto E815...More Cons than Pros?

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

I have now owned a moto e815 for over a year. In this year I have had to take this phone back to the carrier a total of 3 times. It appears to have several bugs that are irritating to say the least. #1 Often unable to charge #2 Camera freezes with the screen message "Busy , try again later" #3 Short battery life #4 Often times will only ring once. #5 Side buttons are easily pressed without alerting owner which changes phone settings.

Pros are considerably less....#1 Sound quality is okay #2 Photos quality is okay and lastly the best feature would be the reception.

Overall , the Moto E815 is as most phones. It does have problems but normally you can still talk.

I would not recommend this phone to those who desire reliability.

Very reliable phone with decent reception.

from Princeton, NJ

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

This phone has proven very reliable over the time I've had it.  There are a few things I would prefer to have in the calendar feature, such as better control of recurrence.  I'd also like better control of the manufacturer's features disabled by the carrier.

Great value

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

The motorola E815 is a great phone. The camera is a basic, the keypad works, but it pales in comparison in my opinion to the smartphones out today, although this phone is a value-oriented phone and is not the type of phone that smartphone users will consider. The controls and navigation as others have stated is very intuitive and there really isn't anything confusing. The reception is not bad, although I have had surprisingly a few number of dropped calls. Hasn't happened too often so it's not too big of a deal but something I feel I should mention. The battery charge will drain faster as your cell phone gets older, I notice that I have to charge mine more often than I did when I first got my E815 motorola phone. Overall this phone is solid.

You get what you pay for

from Billings, MT

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

I really like my Motorola phone, actually, but I wouldn't say it's the best made or the most advanced phone I've seen in the same price range. In general, mine has served me well. However, I have noticed a couple of issues. First, there seems to be a really weak screen. I don't know if it's the circuitry behind the screen or the screen itself, but there are some weird, uneven splotches on the screen that appeared suddenly and then have not gone away after much time. Also, I noticed that the hinges feel really cheap. I'm not complaining, because I got a great deal on the phone and it still works after a long time. In fact, it has survived a couple of hard falls due to my two-year-old's getting a hold of it and throwing it onto the ground! Anything that can survive that sort of treatment is certainly sturdy *enough*, by my book. At the same time, I might look for a little more quality next time I buy a phone.

Great phone

from Mount Carmel, TN

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

Every two years when our plan is up for renewal on our phone, we always go back to the Motorola. It is not the fanciest or the priciest of phones. It may not have all of the bells and whistles that the other phones have, but what it does have is dependability. We have never had to replace our phones and we have been customers for more than ten years. My husband is a construction subcontractor and he uses it on the job sites every day. It has been dropped, out in the bad weather,etc. It has never let him down. It also has a great camera on it too. For just a simple little phone that is neither flashy nor expensive, you really can't beat the Motorola E-815. Friends of ours have the pricey, do everything but drive your car phones, and they are always fussing about their phones and the reception. Not so with the Motorola phone. We live around very rural areas and we have never had an issue with getting or receiving calls.

Motorola E815 last of the old greats

from Tampa Florida

motorola rocks sound hard

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Motorola Cell Phone:

well i think my phone is very well put together granted i keep dropping it in the toilet and in the sink and in the snow and pretty much everywhere its held itself toggether and i feel it will last quite a while i only have so long to write this cause i have to take a dump but i will get in detail now the mp3 player could hold more songs the text messagenn could hold more text sometimes its importtant to keep some text and i just cant do it with this phone i really love it and have grown attached to it but i really really really really could use a new celll phone one more thing before i go to take a poop cause this thing wants me to write a bunch of words just so i can get my xbox live points and play a buddy of mine online so i just got to keep writting and hope this will all end soon so i am just blabbering but so far i have almost reached my limiti i hope you guysenjoy this and i love all of you