Other Smartphones:

Motorola 4G Smartphone

Pros

Cons

• Call Quality:

Excellent unit - possibly the best in its class!

I'm giving it an 8 due to the fact that Motorola will not be releasing any newer operating system than Gingerbread. There are excellent roms and ports for JB etc available from the community but, those are tough / impossible for most people to install. It's also been my experience that anything newer than gingerbread has absolutely abyssal battery life.

Battery Life
Excellent battery life on the stock AT&T ROM. It goes from terrible (less than 8 hrs) to passable (12-14 hrs) on all the third party ROMs that I tried. This phone is my daily driver so, I ended up going back to a motoBlur ROM and it worked like a champ again.

Display/Screen Quality
It's a beautiful and rugged screen all at the same time. Corning Gorilla glass pared up with a great screen resolution make this thing still look good. The reason I gave it a 9 is that it's not as large as some of the other phones (Think LG and Samsung).

Call Quality
I'm using this phone and an iPhone 4s for comparison. Look - if you don't have good service - no phone is going to help. That said this unit consistently had 1-2 bars more than the iPhone with less dropped calls over a 30 day period.

I love the motoBlur addons to Gingerbread. If you're even vaguely familiar with smartphones and tablets - you're in. Even if you're not it's pretty strait forward.

Corning Gorilla Glass, Body-glove rubberized case, and a Armor screen protector make this thing pretty tough. Throughout the years I've had it it's taken some pretty nasty spills and falls. It still runs like a champ.

This phone is one of the few models with a fingerprint reader. It also has the lap-dock option, HDMI, car dock, and home dock. The accessories are pretty in expensive at this point and its an nVidia Tegra II. This phone is still better than most of the "free" options out there.

The Motorola Atrix 2 is a great product for the tech savvy.

The Atrix 2 is really a sleek phone, and pretty fast. I've had a few problems with it, whenever I am on the internet, the phone 'black screens'. I have to hit the top button and reenter my passcode. It is super annoying. I've called the company, and they said it was a defect. They said lots of people have called in to say the same thing.

I'd recommend this phone, but I would buy it new, and not buy a used one because you may be getting a bad product from a defective batch.

Battery Life
The battery lasts a decent amount of time.

Display/Screen Quality
This phone has a beautiful, clear display.

Call Quality
The call quality is very clear and precise.

The Atrix 2 definitely has a learning curve, so please be prepared to read the manual, and check out some ease of use videos online. That's what I did, and I finally got the hang of it.

I highly suggest getting a good, solid case for it. If it drops once, the screen cracks with ease!

Very slim, very sleek, and looks great. I received many compliments on how good it looks!

Excellent unit - possibly the best in its class!

Love it

Comments about Motorola 4G Smartphone:

The battery life could be a little longer but I do have a lot of apps on it. This phone is so simple and easy to use. I love it. I use a timer app to keep me on schedule, I have my kindle on it. I connected both my personal and work emails. I have my eBay account to keep watch of items and things that I sell. My Pinterest is also at a touch of a button. With my kids, I can quickly catch them with a picture or a video with the easy to use camera and camcorder options.

Battery Life
Battery could last a little longer but I do have a lot on it and when I don't have it my daughter is on there playing games. It is able through a lot of game time.

Display/Screen Quality
Beautiful simple crystal clear display that you can adjust with the touch of a button if you needed it brighter or dimmer.

Clear calls

So simple and easy. There is nothing complicated. It is just straight forward and quick.

It has lasted me forever through many a drops and all four of my kids at one point or another having it.

Sleek beautiful design

• Call Quality:

this is the toughest phone I have ever had

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Motorola 4G Smartphone:

this phone has worked well for me for over a year with no problems at all

Battery Life
this phone stands up to lots of browsing and video watching on one charge and it charges fast as well. I wasnt happy I could use my other motorola charger but now that I ama used to this charger it is fabulous

Display/Screen Quality
bery clear and great contrast and details

Call Quality
I had to upgrade to this phone last year as the cell twoer I live near is a very bad one// it is al;ways being repaired but I have such good signal strength it can reach the better cell tower many blocks away instead and it worls very well in parts or atlanta known for bad cell reception and in parts of rurla georgia and alabama where my previosu phones never ever worked

iyt was very easy to learn to get and work teh apps

this phone is so tough. it has been dropped, sat on, splashed, left in hot cars left in cold sheds, the cat has played with it, the kid has played with it the spouse has messed with ti and after more than a year of use it works and look great

I liek this as it is slim enough to fit well in pockets of womens clothes and we all lknow women relaly get skimpy pockets.

Best Phone I Ever Owned

from Ambridge, PA

Comments about Motorola 4G Smartphone:

I resisted buying a smartphone for a long time, but after getting my Atrix, I am so glad I took the plunge. This phone is great. It is easy to use and I love that it is not too large. If anything happened to it I would definitely purchase another. I am so glad I did not purchase an IPhone, which was the other one I was considering.

Battery Life
The battery life could be a bit better. I notice that if I have data enabled it uses my battery faster.

Display/Screen Quality
Excellent display, very easy to read.

Call Quality
Clear call quality. Better than any of my older cell phones were.

This was very simple to use and understand. I only had to have it explained to me once and I have no problem navigating through my phones functions.

I would recommend a cell phone case for any cell phone, but I have dropped my phone with the case and it is still perfect.

My Favorite Phone, Great Battery

Comments about Motorola 4G Smartphone:

I enjoy this phone a lot more than my previous phones. The email features are easy to use and readable. The only complain I have is during phone calls, I often drop calls due to the touchscreen. Other than that, which happens about once a week, I love it. The battery lasts for about two-three days, depending on how much I use it. I never have wi-fi on, so that saves battery power.

• Call Quality:

Excellent product, durable, and well designed.

Comments about Motorola 4G Smartphone:

The Motorola Atrix 4G is a really great smartphone. It runs Android Gingerbread 2.3. Motorola is not providing an update for the this hardware version which is sort of disappointing. I'd like to see it running a newer OS. Besides all of the great features that are listed, I recommend that you root the phone to take full advantage of all the great rooted apps. One of my favorite rooted apps allows me to tether my phone to any WiFi device without having to pay a ton of extra money that my wireless carrier want me to pay just to have the option to do so. That's just not fair, it's very greedy to charge more when the feature should be included no matter what data plan you subscribe to. Don't you as a consumer agree?

Atrix

from Leitchfield, KY

Comments about Motorola 4G Smartphone:

I got this phone as a replacement to my HD7S that had to be replaced 3 times! I was leary of changing to an Android phone, I was accustomed to WP7. I really do love this phone though. It has a nice size screen and clear display. The software is smooth and it's very easy to use.

Battery Life
I use the kindle app on it and it tends to run my battery down after awhile. Other than that I have no problem with battery use.

Display/Screen Quality
Nice size, really clear display.

Call Quality
Great quality, no background noise.

Android system takes a bit to get use to after using only a WP7.

I keep a case and screen protector on it at all times. I've dropped it 2x so far, no issues.

• Call Quality:

Great graphics and super fast downloading!

from Essex, MD

Comments about Motorola 4G Smartphone:

To clarify, I have the ATRIX HD 4G. It has a lot to offer!

Battery Life
If I use the apps a lot, my battery only lasts a day. I charge it every chance I get.

Display/Screen Quality
Very bright screen, larger size screen than a lot of phones, making it easier to see everything.

I had a little bit of trouble figuring out how to use a few of the features, like voicemail.

No problems so far.

I like the design very much - the brightness especially is very appealing.

• Call Quality:

The Motorola Atrix 2 is a great product for the tech savvy.

from Virginia Beach, VA

Battery Life
The battery lasts a decent amount of time.

Display/Screen Quality
This phone has a beautiful, clear display.

Call Quality
The call quality is very clear and precise.

• Call Quality:

Good try for Motorola, has a long way to go

from Newport Beach, CA

Many problems with this phone had to exchange 3-4 times

use a spare in my purse

Nice clear picture

Call Quality
most of the time calls are good, a few drops

No problems because its android

no problems with it being durable, has a case on it

Using android it good, but missing key features and being able to change it easier would be nice