4.1
Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers

Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers

4.1

Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers taste great

I have had my share of veggie burgers, and the ones from Morningstar Farms are good. But when I had the Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers, I knew I had found the One. I'm not looking for something that tastes like beef, necessarily, but I wanted something with a good flavor that tastes good with ketchup (like a regular burger).

When I eat these, I don't feel like I'm eating a veggie burger. It tastes like I'm eating something great, and at 170 calories, there is no guilt involved. I eat mine with pickles and ketchup on a hamburger bun, but for those more adventurous, these taste great with any topping. I could eat these every day (and sometimes I do) and not get sick of them.

I love these so much that I sent an online message to Morningstar Farms. I hope they never get rid of the Prime Grillers.

If you've tried Boca or other brands of veggie burgers before, you should know that these are MUCH BETTER. I recommend them to meat eaters and vegetarians alike.

Deceptively not-delicious

I have eaten many veggie burgers out there including many products from Morningstar so I was excited to see they have a new item to true. The picture on the packaging was appealing and I do enjoy the flavor of grilled food. I went home to prepare the burger and I was immediately disappointed with there only being two patties in the container--perhaps I did not read the description well enough. No worries, I thought to myself, and then I opened the packing for one of the patties. I will say this: I was immediately turned off by the appearance of the patty. It looks nothing like the picture and rather like something a cat would hack up. You can imagine how reluctant I was to try the product. But I perservered, heated the burger, put on a bun with my favorite toppings, and tried it. It was highly disappointing. I felt like all I could taste was the faux-smoke and I begrudginly ate the remainder of the sandwich. I would not recommend this product to others.

I got sick after eating these on 3 different occasions

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

I purchased a box of them and on separate days I ate one burger and immediately I would run to the bathroom and violently puke all of the burger back up! I always cook it for longer than it says to in the microwave but my stomach will not let me eat these. I'll never buy any of there products again.

Better than Boca

from Pasadena, CA

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

This is the best fake hamburger product I've tried, though it's not going to fool anyone. The best vegetarian patties don't imitate meat; I suggest trying Morningstar's spicy black bean burger, if you can find it.

These are amazingly realistic!

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

...so much so that I had to double-check the box after my first bite! OMG! These are by far the best veggie burgers I've ever had! Texture and flavor are perfect. But not for everybody: contains egg whites and dairy, which luckily I still eat.

Deceptively not-delicious

from Lynchburg, VA

Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers taste great

from Land O Lakes, FL

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

Better than the real thing

from Tafton, PA

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

The only serious vegetarian in our home is my 16 year old son and feeding him has not always been easy as he has not eaten meat for a decade. There are a lot of veggie burgers out there and he has tried a great many of them but always comes back to Prime Grillers as his favorite of all. Because they are low in fact, and frankly taste better than the real thing everyone in the whole house eats them now.

Give these burgers to people who say they will never eat veggie burgers and I guarantee they will change thir minds (my meat loving husband did)

These are my favs

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

Griler's Prime are my favorite veggie patties. They taste excellent, heat up quickly, and are just a great alternative to beef patties.  I highly recommend these for microwave cooking or for throwing on the grill!

Morningstar Grillers have great texture and taste.

from Anacortes, WA

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

My vegetarian family loves this product. We served these at our Labor Day dinner and even our meat loving friends and family enjoyed them. They are good diced up or crumbled in casseroles and other dishes as well as just on a bun.

Delicious!

from Washingtonville, NY

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

I am probably the pickiest eater you will ever come accross. I do not eat tomato, or anything that comes from it. I do not like food with an odd consistancy. I have always been odd like that. I do not eat enough meat to sustain enough protein, so my vegetarian sister and father both recommended Grillers to me. I first tried them in the mocrowave. 1 minute and done. They smell good, and they taste fantastic! They are even better on the grill! I am so happy they do not taste like meat, because if they did, I would not like them! Why be a vegetarian if you want everything to taste like real meat? These are quick, easy, and delicious!

Closest Tasting to the Real Thing

from Alexandria, VA

Comments about Morningstar Farms Prime Grillers:

Prime Grillers are absolutely the best veggie burgers out there, if you are looking for that similar-to-meat taste.  And they are so easy to prepare, but the best way is either pan grilled, or grilled on the BBQ.  That smoky BBQ taste, paired with a slice of cheese (plain ole American is great!), a slice of tomato, lettuce, ketchup & mustard on a bun, is just delicious!  This is not a dry burger either...good and juicy!  It's the best veggie burger for someone who has never tried one before.  I know plenty of meat eaters whom have said they would not eat a veggie burger, but have liked this one.