Other Frozen Foods:

Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles

Soy Delicious

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

I'm a vegetarian, so I am always looking for a quick and easy meal, and these starters are perfect.  In the summer I love to use these crumbles in salads, and in the winter they are great in vegetarian pasta dishes.  I love the taste of the crumbles and they are so easy to use and make.  These are great for nonvegetarians too, because they have a lot of flavor and are great in any dishes.

Morning Star Farms Meal Starters is a mixed bag for me

from Raleigh, NC

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

I'm not a vegetarian, but this caught my attention as I was looking for some healthy ways to add protein to my diet without completely resorting to beans. The picture on the package looked a lot like real meat, and when I cooked it, it looked and smelled like real meat. But when I taste tested it, it was like eating pieces of shredded rubber....sort of plastic tasting. I was actually repulsed by it at first. But I still decided to give it a chance by making a meal out of it...in this case, burritos. After adding this and the other ingredients together I didn't notice the rubbery/plastic texture as much. I did get used to it more as I ate more of the burritos. I even used it in the spaghetti dish I made the following night, which wasn't terribly bad either. But I think I'll stick to eating the real thing whenever I made any kind of meat dish! If I want more protein without the fat I guess I'll just continue buying beans!

Great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike! I'm hooked!

from Elmwood Park, IL

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

Being a vegetarian for over 25 years, I love all the new soy/meatless products that are available these days. By far my favorite is Morningstar Farms Soy Crumbles (meatless version of ground beef). Now I can enjoy heartier versions of Veggie Chili and Tacos but add in much needed protein to my diet. My carnivorous husband swears he doesn’t miss the real meat when we make these meals. He loves that this version provides 75% less fat than real ground beef but tastes virtually the same. MF Crumbles are not available at every store but big chains and all the big organic chains have it. Great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike!

Perfect for the new vegetarian.

from Mason, MI

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

Morning Star Recipe Crumbles are perfect for today's vegetarian.  As a mother of two vegetarian children, it was hard to come up with main dishes to prepare for them, when I grew up with meat and potatoes every night.  With Morning Star, I can take many classics, such as meatloaf, chili, and sloppy joes and make them for my family.  The kids love these and even my parents who are non-veg. have said they like my meatloaf and other dishes better than theirs. The fact that the Recipe Crumbles are pre-cooked saves me time in the kitchen as well.  Now I can make a delicious, vegetarian meal for my family in minutes that takes other moms hours.  I can also provide them with some vegetarian dishes that doesn't include pasta every night.  Morning Star also has meatballs, which when combined with sauce and a hoagie bun, make a terrific Meatball Sub.  I am so greatful for their products because before finding Morning Star and struggled daily to come up with ideas for dinner.

the best chicken really isnt chicken!

from Bridgeville, PA

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

i love chicken and meat, the problem, i dont like my cholesterol and i dont like eating animals! when i saw morning star chikn, i was very concerned on what it would taste like but i bought it anyways because it was on sale! when i made it, i literally acting like a professional taste tester trying a new product! and it was pretty good! sure, it does have a bit different texture then real chicken but still good!! but i think all the flavor is in the spices they add but i dont care, i love it!

Who Needs Meat?

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

First off, Morning Star Farms is a vegetarians best friend. I've been purchasing the veggie burgers, veggie bacon, and veggie sausage for some time, but this was the first time for the meal starters. Wonderful and easy and such a great, healthy alternative to the processed meats out there today.

It's fast, easy and versitile!

from Belleville, IL

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

We've used the Meal starters recipe crumbles for two Italian dishes and they tasted great.  My 4 and almost 3 year olds didn't even know it wasn't meat.  My husband, who is a meat eater, is the one who bought them because of his recent cholesterol test.  He even liked it.  I look forward to trying more dishes including tacos and chili.

80% less fat than ground meat

from Houston, TX

Comments about Morning Star Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles:

You may have read another review in which I said I cannot stand the smell of meat cooking. Morning Star Farms Recipe Crumbles are a quick and easy alternative to using ground meat. They are a pre-cooked vegetable product, just add to whatever you are preparing in the same proportions as ground meat. They contain little fat, all unsaturated. For those who need to know these contain wheat, soy and corn oil. One 12 ounce package equals 1 pound ground meat.