2.4

Miracle Method Surface Refinishing

2.4

• Bathroom (4)
    • Overall Quality:

Miracle Method is the only way to go!!

We are so very glad we decided to use Miracle Method to re-finish our countertops. The work from start to finish was simply outstanding and the quality of workmanship was second to none. The franchise owner (Jerry Anderson) and his partner did an outstanding job from initial prep through completion. Everything to be done was described in detail up front and during the initial prep, extreme care was given to ensure everything around the area to be sprayed was protected. They also did a great job of clean-up after the work was completed.

Our counter-tops look absolutely beautiful and the cost was a fraction of what new ones would have been. I highly recommend these guys and this company & have already recommended them to (3) of our friends.

Home dffice doesn't stand behind their franchisee

I had the local Miracle Method Franchisee resurface the bathtub in my 1920's bungalow when I restored the bathroom. To me it seemed like a perfect option since I would have had to custom order a tub to fit the space to avoid tearing up the original tile. My plumber didn't seem to be a fan of resurfacing and said it would last maybe a year or two but I went ahead and did it anyway. Never go against your plumber's advice. It all started out well enough. The job seemed to go smoothly and it looked good (not great). It could have been a little smother and he clearly didn't remove the bath tub drain which in the end proved to be the weak point of the job. Less than six months after the resurfacing it began to peal up around the drain. Much to my dismay the franchisee was no longer in business. The big problem is that the warranty is from the franchisee so if they are out of business you are out of luck. I tried six times to get in touch with someone at the regional office but was always told they were out of town and would get back to me. That never happened. I then used an online dispute resolution website (Ratepoint) that is linked to the Miracle Method website. This finally prompted a response. The response, however, was to claim they had talked to me about the problem. Either this was another dissatisfied customer (certainly possible based on my experience) or they were lying as every conversation I had consisted of me giving them my name and address and phone number and them promising to have Eddie call me back (which he never did). The bottom line was they insisted they have no responsibility for a franchisee's work. I would never do business with this company again and I strongly caution against it for anyone else. If you are going to use them, make sure you use a franchisee that has a long history because you can't count on the company.

Stay Away

from Anderson, IN

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

Our experience with Miracle Method Indy West was very negative. After they did the initial job poorly, we called them multiple times and sent multiple emails. The phone calls were basically ignored. They would answer the emails, but not follow through. Eventually, they said they would come again, but it's
      been nearly 3 years. We do not trust them and would absolutely not recommend them.

3 day job not fnished in 1 1/2 month,kernersville nc

from winston-salem, nc

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

never on time, does not come when he says he will, does not return calls, after he put down 1'st attempt, told us it was his first time with this product, promised 3 day job. after 1 1/2 month not returning calls. floor uneven, holes, indentations, milky white on 3/4 of floor. i wish i had never began this nightmare. run, run, very fast. nothing like sample

Didn't go through with the work

from Vancouver WA

About Me Beginner

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

I had my master bath remodeled last year (but not countertops) and had my guest bath repainted this year (including having walls re-textured etc). As soon as the painting was done, I called Miracle method for an estimate on getting both bathroom counters re-done. The estimator never mentioned to me the risk to my newly painted walls. I guess the risks are explained in the nine pages of the "contract" but I didn't read all that. I trust people. Fortunately for me, when the technician arrived to start work today, he noticed my newly painted walls and fully explained the risks. I canceled my job. If the originall estimator had been honest with me it would have save us all a bunch of time and trouble.

I would order from here again

from 204 sapphire drive,Ladson,S.C.29456

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Attractive Design
          • Easy To Install

• Kitchen

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

The only problem I had ,is that I was told there would be 2 men to do the job.I only had one,which was a very long day for us. Ifeel we should have been notified of the change,but the person we had was very pleasant and did an excellent job.

Do Not Use Miracle Method W/NW Houston

Pros

• Attractive Design

Cons

• Very Sloppy Install

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

This was a very sloppy install. Too much of a hurry. Constantly taking calls on his cell phone from his girlfriend. More concerned about her than his work. Damaged walls and cabinets. Use a different franchise do NOT use the one off Slack Road. Call a different one.

Miracle Methods in Pueblo Colorado, it was not a good experience

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

I had our kitchen countertops refinished in April 2014 through Miracle Methods in Pueblo Colorado. It was not a good experience. Here is a list of unprofessional errors we encountered. Sink hole was not covered so overspray all over piping and inside of cabinet, overspray on tile floor and on 3 kitchen walls, he cleaned the tile with a cleaner that left grout lighter in that spot, and same cleaner left black paint in sink cupboard threshold white, he did not sand backsplash or front bullnose so it’s rough to the touch, areas of the backsplash has no seal on it, left a bucket full of water in the laundry room overnight which leaked on the carpet. Mike did a nice job spraying the color onto the countertop. It looks very nice at first glance. I had a concern with the backsplash and bullnose edge because of the lack of sanding and with the lack of seal on the backsplash. Kitchens are greasy from cooking. The rough texture will be very hard to keep grease from settling in the texture and with areas of no seal, I'm afraid the texture will in time come off with cleaning. The original countertop was smooth and we weren't told the Miracle Method finish would not be smooth. After talking with Heidi, she agreed to re-sand and re-spray the top coat. I originally asked for the matte finish but when Mike re-sprayed, he put on a gloss finish and we can now see every sand mark in the countertop. It looks like we scratched the heck out of our counters. And what’s worse, the backsplash and bullnose is still rough. I would recommend Miracle Method, but research to be sure the franchise you pick does a professional job.

Since its only been 4 months, I will have to see with time if the countertops are durable

Not as advertised

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

My tub was resurfaced 7 years ago by a Miracle Method franchise. They had to come back two years ago because the old color came through. The company rep blamed it on my cleaners and what they used to clean. So, for the last two years, I have cleaned it with nothing harsh. The result...they have to come again for three place where the old color is coming through. As far as it lasting 10-15 years as advertised... don't believe it!

Miracle Method of Tri-State Area, Frederick, MD

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

Had Miracle Method do my kitchen counter top on August 5, 2013. Wish I could post a photo here of the damage that was done to my wall paper. And the counter top was nothing like what I looked at and felt in the showroom. I now have to have someone come and strip the wall paper and re-paper or paint. They used masking tape on my wallpaper instead of painters tapel For the cost of the counter top and this damage, I could have had granite. I have stopped in twice at the Frederick, MD location to complain, being assured Ryan the owner would be told and call me. Haven't heard from him. They did send another person to look at the counter top and his words were "I'm embarrassed, this is not our work". But he implied the wallpaper damage is possible. Really?? They did re-do the counter top. And...It's just ok...even if I loved it I couldn't recommend them due to the massive destruction to my wallpaper. I'm assuming the destruction of my wallpaper (and it's massive large tears, not tiny little glue it back down tears) fall under the waiver I signed, yet they are not held accountable for poor workmanship. I could not recommend Miracle Method of the Tri-State area. This owner needs to learn about the importance of a courtesy call to a dissatisfied customer. It's called customer service and in this case the lack of.... I'll be doing a free advertising flier for them complete with photos.

I have not had the product long enough to know about it's durability...

• Overall Quality:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

This stuff is completely toxic. Request a MSDS sheet before you do anything. We had to sleep at our neighbor's house the first night b/c of the off-gassing, which resulted in headaches and nausea. It also didn't help that they did not use a fan as required in the sheet. The franchise place in MN was nice enough but the product isn't. Three days later and we're still having the same problem. On top of that, it really is just a cheap solution if you need your house to look better for a sale but there is not way our "new counter tops" are going to last.

• Overall Quality:

buyer beware - ask a lot of questions

from Denver, CO

Comments about Miracle Method Surface Refinishing:

In November, the Denver Miracle Method reps resurfaced my bathroom sink and tub.  While they did a great job on the tub, the sink had problems.  The technician didn't smooth out the surface so it has small bubble-like pit marks in it and rough areas.  He missed fixing chips in the sink and the color isn't even.  The bottom of the sink has ring-marks, 3 on the left and 2 on the right.  When I complained and he came back to smooth out the surfaces and fix the missed chip, but he wouldn't fix the sink because he said the rings were due to lighting.  But light moves and these ring-marks stay in the same place no matter where I stand.  Even with a new light fixture, they're still there. I think they're a discoloration since he mixed the color himself.  He said he'd seen it before, so I'm sure there are other customers out there with the same problem. So I say, use Miracle Method with caution and ask a lot of questions. Maybe even ask to review the work before he covers it for drying.  Then you can catch the mistakes. The technician said he didn't smooth the surface because of the faucet, and when I asked why he didn't remove it he said it was my job to take the faucet off, not his.  If you choose to use them, just beware.  Or, better yet, for bathroom resurfacing, go with another company called Porcelean Refinishing with Brad Sumptner.  I haven't heard any complaints about his work, only glowing compliments. 303-988-9434.