3.7
Miracle-Gro
Miracle-Gro Shake'n Feed Weed Preventer - 4.5 Lb Weed Preventor

Miracle-Gro Shake'n Feed Weed Preventer - 4.5 Lb Weed Preventor

3.7

Stop Pulling those weeds!

from Jenison, MI

Comments about Miracle-Gro Shake'n Feed Weed Preventer - 4.5 Lb Weed Preventor:

We used Miracle-Grow Shake'n Feed Weed Preventer on our vegetable garden for the first time this year and loved it!  We typically use two different products on our garden; a fertilizer and a weed preventer for two times the price.  This Miracle Gro product is especially nice because it's pelleted and you can see where you are spreading it.  Liquid spray on products are more of a guess as to how thick and how even they are applied.  You can see excactly where you've applied Miracle Gro Shake'n Feed Weed Preventer and just how thick it is.  This product is conveniently packaged in a shake bottle so you don't need to buy any type of applicator or bother gettng your hands in it.  Be sure to get all of your little weeds pulled out before you apply the Miracle Gro because the product won't kill weeds it only prevents new ones from growing in.  I've found that the product has a harder time working if there are established weeds in the newly treated area.

Miracle-Gro Shake 'n Feed: Rename It "Shake 'n Roll"

from Harrisonburg, VA

Comments about Miracle-Gro Shake'n Feed Weed Preventer - 4.5 Lb Weed Preventor:

**Miracle-Gro Shake 'n Feed Continuous Release All Purpose Plant Food** (10-10-10) was a mistake for me to purchase.  I've always used the Miracle-Gro Powder while maintaining my large outdoor vegetable gardens and multiple flower beds with wonderful results.  I'd mix the stuff up with water until my fingers were stained blue and go to town watering and feeding my plants.  Then, we moved from a rural farmhouse to an urban townhouse.  I started a couple small flowerbeds early this summer and got to work. I opted against buying a large box of the Miracle-Gro powder to save money and instead bought a 1.8 lb. jar of the Shake 'n Feed pellets that was on sale. Bad move.

First of all, this Miracle-Gro product is in the form of rounded pellets. It conveniently pours from the shaker-designed jar top without the mess or stain of mixing the powder.  This is where the "pro" of the pellets end and the "con" starts.  The roundish pellets are supposed to dissolve, eventually I suppose, but I can't tell either from their apparent number left on the mulch OR the condition of the plants reportedly fertilized. Second, what I *can* clearly observe is the gradual migration of these pellets downslope from where the plant is located.

Yes, this was a bad-fit product for me to purchase. I suppose the pellets would work splendidly for potted plants and flowers or anyone living on a perfectly flat mesa. But what concerns me even more if that I'm not seeing the usual marked improvement in plant health, growth, and bloom that I always have before when using a Miracle-Gro product.

Miracle grow shake n feed, really works.

from Concord, NC

Comments about Miracle-Gro Shake'n Feed Weed Preventer - 4.5 Lb Weed Preventor:

I bought this item when it was marked down at the grocery store. Since I use Miracle grow for my indoor plants, wanted to give it a shot.

Loved it, made my roses and gardenias really bloom well.

Pricy, waiting for another sale and coupon.