4.1
Miracle-Gro Potting Mix

Miracle-Gro Potting Mix

4.1

Miracle Gro Potting Mix Helps Plants Reach New Heights

Plants need special care to help them reach their greatest potential and a solid foundation can work wonders. One of the better foundations available is **Miracle Grow Potting Mix, **a soil for indoor or outdoor use.

**Potting Soil Commentary:**

Miracle Grow Potting Mix is a specially formulated soil that is very dark in color with small, white granules throughout. The soil has a pleasant, forest- like smell and it is very moist out of the bag. The soil is light in texture and is generally easy to handle. It is designed for use on both indoor and outdoor plants.

Miracle Grow Potting Mix looks rich, but what matters most is performance and Miracle Grow Potting Mix is, indeed, a very effective product. I have used this potting mix mostly for outdoor flowers, planted in large ceramic pots. I start with a base of the potting mix, then place the transplanted flower and root ball in the middle. Next, I pour more of this potting mix around the sides of the root ball and then top it off with a thin layer of potting mix across the top. The flowers are thus completely surrounded by this potting soil. The results are noticeable within a few weeks. Flowers grow strong and healthy, with more blooms and more vibrant colors.

Fertilization is usually necessary with most houseplants, but this task is eliminated when you use Miracle Grow Potting Mix, at least for a while. The potting mix already contains fertilizer, so there is no need to add more. The fertilizers present in this soil continue to work for three months. At that point you may, if you deem it necessary, add some fertilizer on a periodic basis.

If there are any criticisms to make about this potting mix, it would have to be the price. As expected, it does cost more than other potting and soil products- often two or three times more than the cheapest potting soil. This could cause some consumers to hesitate to give Miracle Grow Potting Mix a chance. The cost can add up quickly when you have multiple plants or flowers to plant or transplant, but the results help justify the initial cash outflow.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Plants and flowers often need an added boost for optimal growth and Miracle Grow Potting Mix provides the needed dose of fertilizers and nutrition to get your plants or flowers off to a running start. Yes, this potting soil does cost more, but when eyes behold the bright flowers and lush, green plants produced by using Miracle Grow Potting Mix, you won't mind the extra expenditure.

I Don't Get It??

I just don't get it.  I see good reports about this Miracle Gro Moisture Control soil and I know Miracle Gro has a great reputation but....I have used this soil and the regular Miracle Gro soil and all my plants I use it on die a slow death.  I have maybe 150 plants in my house for over 30 years so I know a little about plants.  My friends think I am amazing and give me orphan plants to heal.  But I don't have any luck with this soil????  I would love to know why????   But I guess I just need to quit using it??  This has happened once a few years ago and I tried it again this summer and am getting the same results.  So I have to give up!

Miracle-Gro Moisture Control Potting Mix

from Rosamond,CA

About Me Avid Gardener

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • keeps moist

Cons

• produces weak stems
  • Too Heavy

• Gardening
  • indoor/outdoor plants

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

This potting mix from Miracle-Gro is good for keeping moist longer but overall plant growth it produces leggy weak stemmed plants, although fast growing and keeps your plants fed for about four to six months I would not recommend this planting soil mix for most gardeners if you want nice strong plants, I originally was searching for a trusted brand I normally use but it has been discontinued and was forced to buy this brand out of convenience but is not one I would normally seek out and purchase, save your money and steer clear of Miracle-Gro planting mix

A Little Extra Insurance For Your Plant Friends

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

I have already started seedlings for my tomatoes, beets, red peppers, green peppers and parsley and when the time comes to transplant them I will be using Miracle-Gro Potting Soil to fill in the gaps as well as to provide a little extra support for the roots of the seedlings to expand out into. Some plants are hearty and will grow in even nutrient deficient soil but things like beets and potatoes need a more fertile type of soil in order to thrive.

When I started them I used a mix of the potting soil and regular soil that I mixed in a large five gallon bucket. When I transplant them to the soil I will use my spade to core out a section of the dirt then add about a quarter cup of the potting soil under where the seedling is going and fill in the rest with the soil and potting soil mix that I used when I started them.

This is ready to use out of the bag so there's no need to mix other products in with it; I prefer to use half soil / half potting soil because that is what works best for the garden in my back yard. It is a loose mixture that is easy to work with and produces stronger, healthier plants. I have several bags of this; I keep a large one in the basement that I use to start the seedling cycle for hard-to-grow things like hot chili peppers and certain herbs. I have another bag under the back patio that I use to make the soil and potting soil mix.

So far I have had great results using Miracle-Gro products and the Potting Mix is a simple and easy way to kick start my seedlings and give them a better chance of reaching maturity and producing amazing vegetables.

Miracle Gro is the Best Advice Given Us By Lawn & Garden Experts

from Fort Gratiot, MI

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

With 30 years of gardening experience under my belt, I have been able to witness first hand the huge difference in the size and quality of my vegetables when I don't use Miracle Grow plant food. Miracle Grow wakes seeds and small plants up and feeds them with nourishment. My harvest is always bigger and plumper, more delicious when adding Miracle Gro. It's real easy to use also. You just add a small amount to a bucket of water {never use undiluted} and spray over your plants. I may apply this mix once a week for the length of the season., I encourage all gardeners to use Miracle Gro....even on your flowering plants. Scott's website {the makers of Miracle Gro} is loaded with all sorts of lawn care and gardening tips along with recipes you can use. Thank you Scott's for an excellent product~

Great for plants but...

from Manhattan, KS

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

This soil is great for helping to start off new plants. It provides plant food and helps keep moisture locked in the soil for the plant to absorb. This was recommended to me and has been everything it was promised to be. The soil can be easily spread out in where ever you need it. Provides a solid begining for the plants. This soil can be watered spairingly because it holds in moisture so well. The only con that I have run into is that it can cause fungus gnats to reproduce in the soil since it holds moisture so well. The soil is bug free at first but then a few months in the gnats started showing up. After researching it was determined that these bugs are in the soil. Im not sure if there is any way to avoid these besides being careful on watering. Wonderful soil just a little big problem.

MiracleGro is not to be compared to any other potting mix!

from Greencastle, IN

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

Miracle-Gro really does seem to work miracles! I do NOT have a green thumb, but after years of using cheap potting soil for germinating seeds, I am sold on Miracle Gro. This year we plan to use it in our raised beds, too, since my daughter filled hers with Miracle Gro and is delighted with the results. It contains most of the ingredients required for "square foot gardening" and is actually cheaper in the long run. Vermiculite is horribly expensive around here, and it takes so much of it just to create one raised bed. Miracle Gro has pearlite, which is similar, and the product is already mixed, which is wonderful. Tossing the ingredients around on a tarp yourself, is tedious and time consuming, so I am glad we will not be doing that this year.

I have been gardening my whole life and love this

from Logan, UT

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

I am an avid gardner and have had gardens since I was a child. As an adult, we have a huge garden in our backyard. I've never been successful planting our basil directly into our garden, but I use this potting mix in a 5 gallon container to grow my basil and it grows wonderfully. It is nice and loamy and fertile. I also use it to put around my trees in the beginning of each spring (around mid-March) and then mix some into our garden plots at the end of May before we start planting our crops. It's also nice to use for indoor plants because I've never found bugs in the soil, unlike the soil that I dig from my backyard. The one thing that I wish is that it were cheaper because it gets expensive when I buy so many bags of it.

Great for starting seeds

from Gulfport, MS

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

Miracle Gro Potting Mix has definitely helped our seed starting endeavors. Last year, we filled our seed starting trays with soil from the garden (thinking, that's the soil where they'll be going eventually anyway). Well, perhaps it was that, perhaps it was from the cold of the garage (we were using lights and heat mats), or maybe it was from not enough air movement, but regardless, this year we spent a few bucks on the Miracle Gro Potting Mix to get our little seeds going, and in addition to a location change (out of the garage), the seeds are doing sooo much better than last year. I will definitely be sticking with Miracle Gro Potting Mix in the future for all of our seed starting needs. I mixed the soil with some Perlite, which seems to help lighten the soil a bit and keep it from being too heavy for tiny little seedlings. If you only use it in the small seed starting trays, and mix it with the Perlite, it's not super expensive.

Miracle-Gro grows quicly.

from Floyd, VA

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

Miracle-gro Potting Mix helps plants to grow quickly and are healthier than they would be from regular potting soil. You have to be careful when purchasing any potting soil though. Last year my mom purchased Miracle-Gro Potting Mix and placed it in some pots inside our house. For the first month, the plants thrived exceptionally well off of the nutrients found in the potting soil. After a couple of months, though, tiny gnats began appearing in our house. These gnats depleted the soil of any nutrients it had and killed the plants that were inside the pots. We found the source of the gnats had been the Miracle-Gro Potting Mix.

When you purchase this soil, be sure to keep it indoors during the summer months, if you plan to use it inside your house. If you don't you may have the same problems we did. When we mixed this soil with the natural dirts found outside of our home, though, we discovered that the flies stayed away from it and our plants produced wonderful fruits and vegetables.

So far, so good.

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

A few weeks back, a friend of mine gave me a peace lily that was three-quarters dead. She was moving away and couldn't take it with her, so she gave it to me on the condition that I try to nurse the thing back to health. I didn't have high hopes.

The most obvious problem with it was that she'd never repotted the thing, so it was far too big for the pot it was in. So my first step was to go out and buy a bigger pot and a big bag of Miracle-Gro potting mix. I repotted the plant, set it in a south-facing window and watered it within an inch of its life. About a week and a half later, the plant is right as rain. It still looks a little rough, but it's perked back up nicely.

I can't swear that the entire reason for the plant's turnaround is because of this product, since I really have no idea what this woman was doing to this poor plant up to the point that I became responsible for it. But the potting mix sure didn't hurt.

great to mix in

from Rincon, GA

Comments about Miracle-Gro Potting Mix:

I have never worried about mixing soils or getting the best until now. I noticed a big difference in my flowers since i planted one flower in this. It does actual work like the ads on television. My flowers had a tendacy to wilt with to much water or get really dry. This potting soil prevents that from happening. I occasionally forget to water what and this seems to help, My flowers stay vibrant and alive. If you also feed your flowers with is potting soil, they seem to multiply. I couldnt figure out why my flowers all stayed the same, but this stuff makes them grow bigger. It really gives them a boost. It is very light on the roots when you water, it doesnt clump like others or stink like horse manure. I will probably do all my flowers next spring in this. I would recommend this to anyone who has trouble dealing with flowers growing and staying beautiful. This works very well in pots and in beds.