Other Dog Treats:

Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits

Pros

Cons

You Can Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

I like to feed my dogs an occasional treat and I usually have a few boxes of assorted goodies in the cupboard to reward them for good behavior or toss to them just for being such great companions. One treat that I serve mainly to my smaller dog is **Milk Bone Original Dog Treats**, a bite sized treat.  These dog treats are quite small in size and they resemble a tiny piece of meat wrapped in a pita pocket. The outside of the treat is tan in color and the filling is brown/red. They are crunchy and they have no offensive smell at all. It takes an effort to smell anything and what little aroma that exists smells like a cracker with a small amount of seasoning. **Dog Treat Commentary**:

Milk Bone is a trusted name in canine snacks and I have been feeding my dogs Milk Bones in various forms since they were puppies. I usually prefer to stick with the regular Milk Bone dog biscuits- the one with the classic bone shape that come in different sizes for different breeds- because they are economical and dogs enjoy them. These treats are also a good buy, but their small size makes them a little less useful, even though they are still a good dog treat. Milk Bone recommends using these treats for training purposes and this is one of their best uses. Because they are small and there are so many of them in one box, an owner can use these as incentives to train and not worry about quickly running out of treats. They also make a good treat for smaller breeds because a small breed can eat a few of these treats and feel properly rewarded. Another factor that could give some owners reservations about serving these treats is the ingredients. They do contain real bone marrow- the part of the bone that dogs love best- and this is one of the positive qualities of Milk Bone Original Dog Treats. But the other ingredients include things that could be detrimental to the health of some dogs. There is a small amount of sugar, poultry by- products, and a few preservatives and artificial colors. I feel that most any dog treat is ok if served in moderation but with ingredients like these, some owners should probably serve with caution. The nutritional content, however, is actually pretty good for a food only intended for use as a treat, The treats offer 12% (minimum) crude protein and each snack contains only 10 calories, making them a good choice for dogs on a diet.  When it comes to the taste test, dogs generally enjoy these treats. My dogs approach them with a positive attitude. They don't go wild over these treats but they do seem to like them and they never refuse one. Even though the treats are crunchy, the smell of beef and bone marrow should be enough to grab any dog's attention. **Bottom Line:**

Overall, Milk Bone Original Dog Treats are a very good product to buy and to serve dogs on an occasional basis. They are best suited for smaller breeds and they make a great choice of treat for training and teaching your dog new tricks. I usually don't bother serving them to my larger dog because they are so tiny he won't even realize he just ate something. But they are a good choice for small dogs and owners will appreciate the long- lasting qualities and the lack of any bad smell.

not happy with made in China; willing to pay for USA

I truly was shocked that my pom's dog chews are made in China; who knows if there is plastic in there; she is so tiny with such high metabolism she would be done for. Surely it can't be that much more expensive to make them here, considering the shipping involved. I really would be willing to pay for made in USA. Maybe if Americans were offered the choice of foreign or USA we would actually choose USA. Also if your bottom line didn't have to be huge that might make it more possible. The China label scares me to death. Thanks for listening- now about those gas prices....

Great product

from TN

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Cleans Teeth
  • Digests Well
  • Fun
  • Tasty

Cons

• Larger Dogs
    • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

Milk-Bone Original Dog Treats have been around for as long as I can remember. I can remember feeding these to my dogs as a little girl. I am sure that I let them have more than they should have had just because I loved feeding them. Now that I am older I still feed these to my dogs. I have to admit that my favorite thing about these dog treats is that it makes their teeth cleaner and their breath smell better. I love that my dogs can have a treat that is healthy for them and it still be something they really enjoy. I would recommend these dog treats to others because they are a great treat and they are super affordable. I can buy a ten pound box of these treats and they will last for a long time. I even end up giving them to some of my family and friends to give out to their dogs too. They come in a lot of different sizes, so they are suitable for any dogs of any sizes. I love the small one's for two of my dogs because they are easier for them to eat. However I do still buy the bigger treats because I can break them into smaller pieces for our smaller dogs

Good treat for dogs

from IN

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

I began purchasing Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits at the request of our local animal shelter. I often give them donations, and I like to give them the product they regularly use. Milk Bone has been making dog biscuits for over 100 years, this is a brand that can be trusted. After we adopted our own dog, we continued to give Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits to him as a treat. They are made in several formulas, depending on the size of your dog. They offer mini, small, medium and large as well as senior and puppy formulas. These bones are the perfect snack size, I often use them as a reward for good behavior, ex: for going outside to potty. I like that they are also fortified with 12 vitamins, so I am giving him a treat, but not just filler. I like to keep the mini size on hand, even though my dog is not small, he likes his treats, so the minis are perfect to have a few per day. Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits are also approved by our veterinarian as a good treat, I appreciate that my doggie doctor approves, and so does my dog!

Dog apprtoved!

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

My Chihuahua Nakia absolutely loves these treats! She can tell just by looking at the box now that these are her treats...Her favorite ones!!! We've offered her many different treats and she'll either straight out refuse them or she will act as if she will eat it but then leave it "hidden" someplace else but not with these treats! We tried these as a last resort and she took to them right away! the best thing about Milk-Bone dog biscuits is that there are different flavors for her to try which allows us to switch up the flavors and surprise her! These are a great brand of dog treat because they are well made and not too hard for her little mouth to chew on. She has been getting these treats from us for a little over two years now and we have never had a complaint...they don't make her sick like some of the others have in the past, The best thing about these treats is that they make her happy!!! We have recommended these treats to our friends and they to agree that they're great!

My pup loves them

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

The Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits are great everyday treats. One of my dogs favorite treats. My dog is a larger breed. I buy the large biscuits. The biscuits are just the right size for my dog. I first bought the biscuits when i brought my dog home 8 years ago. We used the biscuits are training aids. They worked great for training her to go outside. She realized every time she went out she was rewarded. She loves the biscuits. She gets so excited she wags her tail knocking over anything in her tails path. The biscuits are made from quality ingredients she enjoys. We have never had a problem with Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits. The box looks great. The biscuits are very easy to find in many stores. The red color of the box looks great and makes it easier to find. I love how happy the dog on the front is and that makes me happy knowing my dog will be happy. I would recommend to anyone wanting to buy great biscuits for their best friend.

My Dog Has Loved These Since He Was A Puppy!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits were the first biscuits my dog had as a puppy and he loves them to this day. I always have a supply on hand in his treat jar.

These come in many sizes - Mini, Puppy, Small, Medium, and Large. I purchase the mini size for my Chihuahua since they are the perfect size for his little mouth. I'd been buying the puppy size for him until they came out with the minis and he likes the minis even more but both sizes are suitable for tiny dogs.

These are hard - very hard - but they don't seem to bother him and he chomps his way through them with no problems. I feed him two or three minis at a time and they keep him busy for a while. He thoroughly enjoys his Milk Bone time!

Nutrition wise, these may not be the best treats out there but they are a good quality and are certainly significantly better than most treats, especially the soft ones, available.

These are also available in almost every supermarket, big box store, and pet store so they are easy to find during my regular shopping. A box lasts quite a while too so they're very economical.

Overall, my dog and I both recommend these.

Classic Favorite

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

I have four dogs that range in age and weight. From 11 months and 50 pounds to 8 years and 145 pounds. All of my dogs really enjoy these treats. In fact, I have owned many dogs ever since I was a little girl and I cannot think of any dog that has ever refused the Milk Bone Biscuit. It has been around for a very long time and I consider it to be a staple for any collection of dog treats. I love that they come in different sizes for different sized dogs which makes it easy to find the size that will most fit you and your dogs needs. They are hard and crunchy and are not something that your dog can just swallow without chewing. I think it gives them a nice break when they receive one for a treat and all the chewing has got to have some positive effects on the teeth and gums in my opinion. I would recommend these to anyone that has a dog because dogs love them, they come in a variety of sizes and flavors and are reasonably priced.

Good teaching snack

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

I used Milk Bone Dog Biscuits to train my dog initially and they later became just snacks. I would give my dog treats every time she performed a command and it worked out pretty well. While using these treats I got my dog to sit, lay down, shake hands, and roll over by command. These treats are a nice size and aren't hard on her teeth. They have a very nice smell and forms a nice gravy like consistency when she eats them. She usually can eat a single treat in a couple of bites. When I was training my dog I noticed that when I fed her more than 6 biscuits at a time it would cause slight diarrhea. It would produce a lumpy liquidy stool, but it had no major impact on her health. If I spread the treats out through out the day it doesn't cause a dramatic change in her stool. The best thing about this product is that they are extremely cheap and a box or a jug can last well over a month. I will continue to purchase Milk Bone Dog Biscuits for my dog, but mainly as a snack.

Good, dependable basic dog biscuit.

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

I've consistently owned dogs of various breeds and sizes for the last 20 years, and I've given all of them Milk-Bones. I can't say they are especially exciting or different, but my dogs have always been more than happy to receive one as a treat. They come in different sizes to suit small, medium and large dogs, and are crunchy treats so it makes me feel like they may have some teeth-cleaning benefit, although I haven't really seen any evidence of it. My current dog has a very sensitive stomach and vomits from certain dog foods and treats, and she's never had any problem digesting the Milk-Bones. The only negative thing I can say about them is the packaging needs to be changed to a resealable bag. The box they are in is not air tight, and sometimes crumbs leak out of the bottom. Also, one box I bought had weevils in it and they ended up in my pantry which was not a pleasant experience.

Milkbone dog treats

from Sheboygan, WI

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

These dog treat, dog bones come in a variety of flavors and sizes. They have a dog bone for all size dogs ranging from you pint size pups to your large shepards, like mine. The flavor variety gives them a change of pace each time. They also are great for cleaning the teeth. The package is attrative and you get a good amount of dog treats for the money. These dog bones are easy to find and most stores carry them. You can find them at grocery stores, discount stores, pet stores and club stores. If you get the smaller bones they make wonderful decorations on dog cupcakes or to put in little treat bags at halloween or christmas. I belong to a animal group and these make wonderful gifts to give other pet owners. My dog loves the flavors that are offered. You really can't go wrong with this product. My dog also has a rather sensitive stomach and he tolrates them well. In todays economy its nice to have a affordable treat for the pets you love.

Original is the one and only for me

from Summerfield, FL

Comments about Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits:

These dog treats are awesome! My pit bull mix is very picky about everything. I tried so many different kinds of treats and found this to be the only kind he will eat. He actually begs for them! I noticed that his teeth are in better shape with less tartar build up now that he gets them regularly. He likes the flavor better than other flavored biscuits. I like that they are healthy and are always priced relatively low so I can afford to buy him his favorite treat whenever he runs low. And he likes them so much we have to keep them on top of the fridge because that's the only spot he cannot climb to! These help keep him at a normal weight since he is so active. We also use these as rewards when doing obedience refresher work. They are the only thing we have found to keep him motivated to finish. I would recommend these great treats to any dog owner. They are number 1 in my book!