4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

The little king says this is the only food worthy of him eating.

I have a spoiled 12 pound Jack Russell Terrier. He will eat cookies, broccoli, and his own vomit but he won't touch any other dog food but **Mighty Dog Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy. **Go figure, eh?

**The Food**

This little can is the size of a cat food one. My dog is little so the large cans only go to waste or have to be refrigerated and then he wouldn't touch the food if it was fillet mignon. Cold food? Uh, no way.

The flip open top is such a convenience! I will never go back to those that need a can opener. Unless, of course, the king changes his eating preferences.

This foods LOOKS great. It has slices of meat in a thick rich gravy. It even smells good. I can see why Mickey loves it. I don't, however, want to taste why he loves it.

Now and then he will eat cat food or another flavor of Mighty Dog but we buy this by the case for him and he never turns up his nose at it.

As far as healthy ingredients go, our vet says it is a fine dog food and should cause no problems for Mickey. His coat looks good and his eyes are clear. He is a tad underweight but not from lack of eating. I think he just wants to be like me. We both want to be fashionably thin and have a little wiggle room for when we want a nice snack. In his case, that would be a hunk of old pizza crust. In mine, it would be the piece of pizza the crust came from.

In all this food looks, smells, and obviously tastes great and has kept my dog satisfied and healthy. I can't ask for much more!

**Conclusion**

Mickey says he loves **Mighty Dog Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy 24 in the 5.5 ounce can** and who am I to argue with him? He will eat other brands of Mighty Dog but lets us know he is not pleased about it. His favorite remains Prime Beef in Gravy. It looks good enough for people to eat! Smells good too!

*This food has not been involved in the recall of all those pet foods recently, thankfully. I am watching that closely because, as much as I want my dog satisfied, I don't want to chance his health or life with possible tainted food.*

5 stars for the little yellow can that makes my dog's belly smile.

Mighty Dog Prime Cuts: A Top Choice for Taste

Much has been stated- and stated many times- about the low quality of ingredients in most wet dog foods. While there is certainly no argument from me that wet foods are often the least healthy overall, I still believe it is fine to feed these foods to dogs on an infrequent basis. And one brand my dogs have liked over the years is Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef and Gravy Dog Food.

Dog Food Facts and Commentary:

Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef and Gravy Dog Food is a moist dog food with the smell and taste that dogs love. The beef and other meats in this food will drive dogs crazy and they won’t hesitate to eat. I often serve this food as a topper to dry food, just to make sure my dog eats his dry food as well.

As I said, the healthy factor is often lacking in canned dog foods and Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef and Gravy Dog Food, while not as bad as some, is still not the best dog food in terms of ingredients. It does contain some beef, chicken, and liver, but it also contains artificial colors, meat by products, artificial flavors, wheat gluten, and other less desirable contents. These are not good things, but when I look at the ingredient list of other wet dog foods, what this food contains doesn’t seem all that bad.

The main reason to serve a dog food like Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef and Gravy Dog Food is, of course, the fact that dogs love it so. They will eat this food so fast and so vigorously, you will barely have time to empty the can into their bowl. My dog starts pawing me, wagging his tail, and making high pitched noises when he knows this food is on the menu.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

My bottom line on Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef and Gravy Dog Food is that it is a decent canned dog food that may not be top notch in terms of ingredients, but is ranked very highly for taste. Go ahead- serve your dog a can every now and then. Your dog will love you like never before and as long as the servings are kept in check, there should be no problems with the less than stellar ingredients.

Quality of Ingredients
There are several less then acceptable ingredients in this canned food, but other canned foods are just as bad if not worse.

Flavor Selection
There are a decent number of flavors and variety with this dog food, and dogs love every one of them

My "Adopted" Dog Loves Mighty Dog Prime Cuts

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

My next door neighbor has a dog that practically lives at my house. When I get home from work, she is there to greet me right in the driveway. You would never know it was someone else's dog. When they go on vacation, I watch her for them while they are away. The last time they left, Charlotte (that is the dog) ran out of dog food. She eats both canned and dry food and I decided upon Mighty Dog prime cuts for her because it sounded good! What dog would be able to resist "prime cuts" of meat? I brought it home and opened the can. She could not wait to try it because she could smell the good flavor coming right out of the can. She gobbled the whole can down and then another. It has a nice gravy sauce on the beef and looks delicious (for a dog, anyway!). She was happy and content. When her owners came home, I told them how much she loved this food and now they buy it for her as well. It is good for all breeds and sizes. I think it would be good for puppies as well and it is soft to chew although not sure if it would upset their little tummies. I recommend this dog food!

Makes my dogs so ill.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

My dogs love to have wet dog food as a treat every so often and they were out of our normal brand so I bought this thinking that they would like it and that it would be a good replacement for the time being. I was so wrong and I regret buying this so much. I gave it to my dogs and as soon as I opened it the smell was so bad I almost hurled. I know all dog food has a bad smell but this was really awful. My dogs didn't seem to mind and they ate it really fast. It wasn't ten minutes later that they both started to throw up. Within a few hours they were both having diarrhea and feeling very poorly. The ingredients in this dog food you can't even read, it is full of fillers and not something that is good for your dog or for their stomachs, especially if they have sensitive stomachs. They may have a lot of variety and this is a good price, but it was not worth my dogs getting sick and having to clean that mess up!

• Flavor Selection:

Dogs love it, but it is poor quality food.

from Kansas

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

I purchased a few cans of Mighty Dog Beef In Gravy once because they were on sale. These cans of food are much cheaper than other brands and with the additional sale, I thought why not try it. I got home and gave my dog a can of it; he was in LOVE. He gobbled up the food so fast I thought he was going to make himself sick. Luckily, he did not get sick but he did continue to beg for more. It was very clear that my dog thought this food was delicious. I decided to look at the ingredients of the product afterward and quickly figured out why it was so cheap. The ingredients are very low quality and primarily made of processed JUNK. So, although my dog LOVED this stuff, I decided I would not be buying it for him anymore.

Quality of Ingredients
This food has very poor quality ingredients. The lengthy ingredient list is full of processed ingredients and chemicals.

Flavor Selection
There are NUMEROUS flavors of this canned food available. Some of these include: lamb and rice, seared chicken, porterhouse steak, and egg & bacon, just to name a few.

Mighty Dog Prime Cuts: A Top Choice for Taste

from Houston, TX

Dog Food Facts and Commentary:

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

• Flavor Selection:

Looks good enough for me to eat..not the usual ground mush

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

I love this dog food. I only give canned food as an occasional treat but it is a treat that my dog looks forward to. The pull top can is very convienent. I like the fact that you can actually see the meat chunks in this food. It is not pressed or processed and comes with a thick gravy that I mix in with my dog's normal dry food for a complete filling meal. Highly recommended!!!

Dogs love it and kids love candy but it's not good for them.

from Chase City, VA

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

Mighty Dog and other soft canned foods are not good for dogs as their sole food. These types of dog foods that are marketed for small dogs are terrible for their teeth.  They contain high quantities of sugar and lead to obesity and dental disease.  Our kids would eat candy all day long but it wouldnt be good for them.

mighty dog beef canned food is great for my doggies

from Colton, CA

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

I have two doggies, who i mainly feed dry food. They are adult dogs, one is a small doggie and the other is a larger size doggie, both have healthy appetites. I like to give my pets treats as rewards but also just as an added treat for their good behaviours. I buy as treats canned wet food. They absolutely love it! Many flavours to choose from. I do not know why, but i spend way too many minutes trying to decise at the store pet aisle what flavours my doggies will enjoy! hehe I should just grab some and go, but noo, i have to make sure its appealing to them. It is nice that they have many flavours to choose from. I mix this canned wet food with the dog's dry food, and feed it like that once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Also I feed it as a snack alone. either way they absolutely love the canned dog wet food. They cannot get enough my two little furr balls, and I cannot buy enough! the price is pretty darn good.

My dogs love Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef in Gravy

from Ironwood, MI

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

My dogs love Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef in Gravy. When I open the can even I think it smells and looks delicious. I have bought the dogs several flavors of Mighty Dog but they really love this flavor with the meaty pieces and gravy. I don't feed this as their only food. I give them dry food and I give some of this wet food a couple times a week as a treat. I don't like to feed soft foods every day as they are not good for a dogs teeth. They seem to tolerate it well, no stomach troubles no allergy issues with it. They really love when they see me get the can out. I like that Mighty Dog comes in cans with pull tops and I don't have to use a can opener on it. The portion is rather small but since it's only for small dogs it is enough for a meal. It's not a bad value when it is on sale. I would recomend this food to anyone looking to give their dogs a nice treat or for feeding a small dog but not a large one. This flavor is particularly loved by my dogs but the other flavors are good too.

Cujo Loves this!

from Hampton, VA

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

We couldn't find a food that our dog would actually eat, he won't eat dry food AT ALL. So we tried the mighty dog variety pack. He loved it. While shopping we found this, brought it home to try out and he ate all of it in one sitting! Cujo thanks you for such a tasty product!

finiky eater

from Lily, KY

Comments about Mighty Dog Prime Cuts Beef In Gravy:

My dogs are very finicky and I have a hard time finding them food that they love. Now I have because they never ever turn their noses up at their mighty dog food. They love it and I love the variety and the price is very reasonable too. What more can you ask for.