Other Dishwashers:

Miele Inspira Built-in Dishwasher

It's All About the Cutlery Tray

from Santa Monica, CA

Comments about Miele Inspira Built-in Dishwasher:

I'm quite torn about my Miele Inspira G2142.  I adore the cutlery tray and when it works as it's supposed to, it is a dream.  But the problem is, it often doesn't clean as it is supposed to.  I live in an area with hard water - not rock hard well water but still hard enough. And I am told that it is the hard water and my improper use of soap that causes my things to come out of the dishwasher with a white crusty layer, but that doesn't explain why whenever I put a white plate with a very slight remnant of balsamic vinager on it the plate comes out with brown streaks - next to the white crusty layer.  It also doesn't explain why the well in which the filter sits (which is part of the drain) has mucky bilge water.  Despite what customer service assumes about my soap use, I never ever use more than 1 tablespoon of soap.  I have switched soaps 6 or 7 times - each time buying the soap I was told by customer service would work - and some do better at not leaving the white crust than others.  I have also had to change the settings for the amount of rinse aid dispensed, which helps a bit too.  The best solution is to "wash" the load a second time without soap and adding a cup or two of vinager a couple of minutes after starting the load.  This solution takes care of the bilge water, too.  I also clean the filter after every use, even if I think it doesn't need it.  If I had to do it over again, I might buy a Bosch instead or I might make sure that I bought a Miele with the water softening feature.  When I bought my machine, I didn't know that Miele made a machine with a water softening feature.